How am I undercover modding?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a cop building a case against you. Any exculpatory evidence will not only not be brought to the forefront of the discussion and he will twist your words, omit anything that might not fit the narrative he wants to portray and attempt to lead you to portray yourself in the worst light.

If you ever go head to head with them in an adversarial situation, you will see this exact tactic IRL.

They like to quote the survey that has them in the top 10 most respected professions.

They need to ask the same question of only those who have dealt with them recently. I suspect the results would be much different.

You must be all Tuckered out from the undercover modding and all. Guess I'll get the hurt feelings report this time, even though its YOUR job.

Sorry, no dog in this fight, just trying to lighten the mood a bit. Swing away boys!

Its a joke, didn't mean to imply you were actually doing that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I was hoping that you would go along with it, make up some crazy stuff, and then we could make fun of stuff together.
View Quote
Just admit it. You were put here by the Illuminati to spy on us and make it easier to convince us peasants to turn in our guns once Obongo gives you the go ahead.

Molon Labia, come and take em, my cold dead hands, ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:41:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I was hoping that you would go along with it, make up some crazy stuff, and then we could make fun of stuff together.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must be all Tuckered out from the undercover modding and all. Guess I'll get the hurt feelings report this time, even though its YOUR job.

Sorry, no dog in this fight, just trying to lighten the mood a bit. Swing away boys!

Its a joke, didn't mean to imply you were actually doing that.

Damnit, Its past my bedtime
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just admit it. You were put here by the Illuminati to spy on us and make it easier to convince us peasants to turn in our guns once Obongo gives you the go ahead.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put here by illuminati? He IS illuminati.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:44:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:48:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:49:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Dammit.

Cover blown. Abort! Abort!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dammit.

Cover blown. Abort! Abort!

I should start a pit thread. "40xb, cmon down, you illuminati hustler!" I will challenge you to trial by combat. But you will have to recuse yourself from the thread, since your a mod there and all. You will be forever known as a coward who wouldn't face a teener in internet combat.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
He's a cop building a case against you. Any exculpatory evidence will not only not be brought to the forefront of the discussion and he will twist your words, omit anything that might not fit the narrative he wants to portray and attempt to lead you to portray yourself in the worst light.
If you ever go head to head with them in an adversarial situation, you will see this exact tactic IRL.
They like to quote the survey that has them in the top 10 most respected professions.
They need to ask the same question of only those who have dealt with them recently. I suspect the results would be much different.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You didn't do that. Had you delineated between the two right off the bat, we would not have had this argument.
I never said Striker was dishonorable. You extrapolated that.

I directly responded to you. Let me help you with that link where I told you that I agreed with part of your first post. Hell you even responded to it.link Oh look no edits on that one either.

That was on page 7. You conveniently overlook your first post to me on page 6. Which shows just the belittling comment without the explanation.  Funny how you skipped that one in all of the posts you linked to.
Like I said, "integrity."
Thanks for proving my point yet again.
I bid you a good night.
Like I said--integrity.

Only a small minority of the members here that are cops troll like this. Just like only a small minority or LE are bad apples.

LE in America has an image problem and they know it but don't know how to fix it anD if you listen to the vocal minority many just don't care.

The TBL here likes to link to a unscientific poll showing the 10 most respected professions because they know there is a problem but they don't want to acknowledge it.

Its alot easier to point to a poll that supports the position that they like even if they know nothing about the group that was being polled.

If I were to take their position and wanted to say LE is in the top 10 most hated professions and to backup my position I posted a poll of a group from say Ferguson Mo im pretty confident they would cry foul.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:59:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm sure you'd sing the exact same tune if a state passed a law specifically prohibiting LE from using hi cap magazines....right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"If you say cops shouldn’t have access to "military” style equipment, then you might as well just say "lets cancel the Second Amendment.” "

OK, then when the 2nd doesn't apply to citizens, is it also fair to apply those same standards to police?  Bullet buttons and 7 rounds mags for LE in those respective states, also.
Move to a free state.  

Fix your laws.

Has nothing to do with LE.

I'm sure you'd sing the exact same tune if a state passed a law specifically prohibiting LE from using hi cap magazines....right?

I carry 8 round mags..  Try again.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I completely get having your profession attacked and the inevitable retaliation.

In this case, the thread serves no positive purpose. This thread should have never been. Now that it is, and it's rolling, an "us v them" attitude has taken over. Shocker.

I said umpteenth pages earlier that my cop friends would rip that article to pieces. Essentially, the article is shit. As usual, we stopped discussing the merits of the piece and started slap-fighting right out. Obviously, my friends are comprised of people who are mostly like minded, so there is that.

Basically, here's how it works: "Cops" are not bad, are civilians, and are needed.

Cops have a job that we as tax paying law abiding citizens have charged them to do. They get paid for their services. To make it in around these parts, they need an above average level of integrity, physical fitness, a clean record, and a good memory, all backed by an insane amount of personal references. That is all part of the testing. They do their jobs by choice. They get paid what they get paid. No matter how much or little you make, it has NO bearing on integrity.

The integrity part bothers me, as our departments are looking for .mil trained young men and they are actively training recruits in an us v them mentality. That's worrisome. I cringe when I have spoken to friends and referred to or reminded them that they too are civilians, and I get arguments.  

They are not a cross section of society. If they were, we'd have convicts as cops. That's a ridiculous statement. You become a cop, a fireman, an EMT as a calling, and you are held to a higher standard than your socio-economic peers because YOU chose to be a public servant. Part of a public servants compensation is satisfaction in service.  

Anyways, if I need a point, I'm not on "their" side, or "our" side, because there shouldn't be sides. I'm with Constitutional Law and Order, and I pray for my LEO friends daily.

Just my 1 cent opinion.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:04:41 AM EDT
[#13]
The only place I've ever even heard of the "us vs. them" thing is here.

It isn't even a discussion anywhere else.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"If you say cops shouldn’t have access to "military” style equipment, then you might as well just say "lets cancel the Second Amendment.” "

OK, then when the 2nd doesn't apply to citizens, is it also fair to apply those same standards to police?  Bullet buttons and 7 rounds mags for LE in those respective states, also.
Move to a free state.  

Fix your laws.

Even in your rifle?

That's odd.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:07:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A mod starting a thread that he knows is controversial and he can mod on is, by it's very definition, a conflict of interest and, as such, should also recuse himself from moderating his own thread. If you cannot comprehend this principle, then I do not know how to explain it to you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I edited it out as I wanted to make sure that that message you posted wasn't viewed as the one I was laughing at. I agreed with that part of your post. I was laughing at your agreement of Mike's post.

That is all.

You have to take it as a whole, otherwise you miss something we know as "context."  One can opine that staff posting a thread that he knows will be controversial and then put out a warning about responses to his thread is not very "cricket," without being a "cop basher."  A staff member, with powers of bannation, starting such a thread would be known as "conflict of interest," and insulting a member who opines as such is pretty juvenile.

It is only a conflict of interest if you cannot follow the CoC.

How hard is it to say "I am really tired of seeing some police officers do these things that seem morally and ethically wrong and nothing done about it" as opposed to someone saying that all cops are dirty, corrupt, etc...

Just because you are on the internet doesn't mean you have zero consequences to your words.

A mod starting a thread that he knows is controversial and he can mod on is, by it's very definition, a conflict of interest and, as such, should also recuse himself from moderating his own thread. If you cannot comprehend this principle, then I do not know how to explain it to you.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:12:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Even in your rifle?

That's odd.
View Quote
5 rounds in my rifle.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:12:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Responding in this matter reeks of juvenile intellect. Either argue your point or don't.

I would guess that your response might be "It isn't worth the effort." Maybe it isn't.

If it isn't, then don't post. Easy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:17:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When law abiding people "hate" cops it is usually rooted in ignorance. Little different than "why didnt they shoot the gun out of his hand"
View Quote

yup.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:19:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Responding in this matter reeks of juvenile intellect. Either argue your point or don't.

I would guess that your response might be "It isn't worth the effort." Maybe it isn't.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no idea what you are quoting soooooo.....kinda hard to address your issues.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:21:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This:

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:21:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

ya..I didn't consider it would appear as a troll thread. Just trying to generate good conversation on the "hate for cops" that seems to be very prevalent here. Having said that..if people can debate the article or express their opinions without breaking the site rules..then there is nothing to worry about is there.
View Quote
I am not reading the article but I believe any hatred comes from the belief that the cops are the ones who will represent the State when they come for our newly illegal weapons. That or perhaps prior bad experiences.

I don't hate cops but there are instances of WTF that I certainly oppose.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:23:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Even in your rifle?

That's odd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Move to a free state.  

Fix your laws.

Even in your rifle?

That's odd.

Nope, not in my rifle.  I carry the same as every other citizen in this state.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:24:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Cops are people and as Agent K taught me "People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it!"

So everyone sucks?..I think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of butthurt in here.

Lots of people not appreciating the irony of the whole situation.

Hell I have no idea what's going on.

Is there a TL/DR?

Cops are people and as Agent K taught me "People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it!"

So everyone sucks?..I think.

/thread
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:27:05 AM EDT
[#25]
I wish I hadn't clicked this thread.  Site staff, highly respected site staff responsible for the approval of charitable activities, starting a trolling, threatening thread does not make me proud to be a member.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
5 rounds in my rifle.

http://www.gregd.net/pics/guns/sell/IMG_6547.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even in your rifle?

That's odd.
5 rounds in my rifle.

Is that a show peice?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:28:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This:

I would think that my point is pretty clear.
rambling on like this is a court of law, when its in fact just an internet forum.
what IS juvenile is people getting all pissy that they are asked to mind the COC by the person who started the thread.
shows a staggering lack of self control on their part.

you want to talk about juvenile intellect, HA!
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Done. I'll put some feelers out this week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you. Too bad you don't see many MRAP's on Government Liquidation.

I don't know what the startup cost would be and I'd guess it would be beyond my means, but I'll look into it and if it is doable, I'll drop you a line.

I don't know that civvy's beyond LEO offices even have ANY access. But if you find out otherwise, I'm 100%in.

Half assed arfcom thread turns into a multi-million dollar industry... that would be epic.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:29:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I wish I hadn't clicked this thread.  Site staff, highly respected site staff responsible for the approval of charitable activities, starting a trolling, threatening thread does not make me proud to be a member.  
View Quote

haha, more kids with zero self control.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

touche
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not worth the paper and ink to respond......but I will.  I was a cop for 17 years. I know what is happening.  My problem is the fact that law enforcement treats every offense with the same military mind set. No knock, flash bangs, throw lead and let God make the head count.  Police have become so close to the thugs they are trying to stop that it makes me sick.  I'll stop before I twist off.  

Where exactly did you work because that's not the way things work around here?

Its not? Because I see you are from Ca.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef017ee85cb1e4970d-pi
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site577/2013/0207/20130207_094740_aatruckROTATOR_GALLERY.jpg

touche

Right - LAPD & TPD are the only two police departments in the state and Dorner related mistakes are indicative of all California LE.  Take a look at a map of CA and note how far it is from Los Angeles to Sonoma County and then the CA/OR border.............

How is it I've spent over 10 years living in TPD & LAPD jurisdiction without ever witnessing the "us vs them" mindset of the militarized departments?  

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:32:08 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Is that a show peice?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even in your rifle?

That's odd.
5 rounds in my rifle.

Is that a show peice?
no it's a google image I stole because I don't have a pic of my rifle.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:33:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I would think that my point is pretty clear.
rambling on like this is a court of law, when its in fact just an internet forum.
what IS juvenile is people getting all pissy that they are asked to mind the COC by the person who started the thread.
shows a staggering lack of self control on their part.

you want to talk about juvenile intellect, HA!
View Quote

Trying to corral this train wreck back into the OP's intent as a discussion of division between LEO and the rest of us was my intent, and showed my own momentary optimistic naivete. Juvenile intellect, as it were. I'm feeling philosophical.

A.k.a. I should know damn well better.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:33:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Half assed arfcom thread turns into a multi-million dollar industry... that would be epic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you. Too bad you don't see many MRAP's on Government Liquidation.

I don't know what the startup cost would be and I'd guess it would be beyond my means, but I'll look into it and if it is doable, I'll drop you a line.

I don't know that civvy's beyond LEO offices even have ANY access. But if you find out otherwise, I'm 100%in.

I wish, hope, and pray.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even in your rifle?

That's odd.
5 rounds in my rifle.

Is that a show peice?

I'm tired of my AR builds. I think I'm going to do a bolt gun next.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:34:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You are the type of guy I listen to on these issues. No bullshit. Up front and no semantical games. I am simple like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not worth the paper and ink to respond......but I will.  I was a cop for 17 years. I know what is happening.  My problem is the fact that law enforcement treats every offense with the same military mind set. No knock, flash bangs, throw lead and let God make the head count.  Police have become so close to the thugs they are trying to stop that it makes me sick.  I'll stop before I twist off.  

You are the type of guy I listen to on these issues. No bullshit. Up front and no semantical games. I am simple like that.

Or, could it be that he's saying what you want to hear?  Just a possibility.

Also, a judge must sign off on a no knock. Let me repeat that A JUDGE MUST SIGN OFF ON A NO KNOCK.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:37:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do what?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:39:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Also, a judge must sign off on a no knock. Let me repeat that A JUDGE MUST SIGN OFF ON A NO KNOCK.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Getting judges to sign all sorts of crap doesn't exactly seem like it's the cop equivalent of climbing Mt.Everest.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:41:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Getting judges to sign all sorts of crap doesn't exactly seem like it's the cop equivalent of climbing Mt.Everest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you talking about? Our Supreme Court is made up of the best and the brightest civilization has ever had to offer /sarcasm.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:42:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I read what you typed. It was reasonable.

Being a cop attracts some real douchebags. It's the nature of a powerful position.

Same with politics, officers in the .mil, etc.

The problem is that one shitty officer will ruin an entire department's reputation and he's going to leave all of the good cops in the shadows.

The fast majority just want to work and go home.

A minority are excellent, and a minority are shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh fuck it, swing your purses girls, lol  
I read what you typed. It was reasonable.

Being a cop attracts some real douchebags. It's the nature of a powerful position.

Same with politics, officers in the .mil, etc.

The problem is that one shitty officer will ruin an entire department's reputation and he's going to leave all of the good cops in the shadows.

The fast majority just want to work and go home.

A minority are excellent, and a minority are shit.

word
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Do what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do what?

you seem to think you are unable to handle yourself in this thread without violating the COC.
or you would not have posted that you have a problem with being told to follow the COC.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:43:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, they got the Chief Justice of the SCOTUS to sign off on Obamacare.  

I'm thinkin you might want to use a different example.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:43:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

you seem to think you are unable to handle yourself in this thread without violating the COC.
or you would not have posted that you have a problem with being told to follow the COC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do what?

lol
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:45:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever written a warrant affidavit? Lying and embellishing in front of a judge isn't exactly my idea of a good time. I'm sure there are some that do. I guess I'm too much of a pussy to even entertain that though. Or.... maybe I just think it's immoral.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:56:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ever written a warrant affidavit? Lying and embellishing in front of a judge isn't exactly my idea of a good time. I'm sure there are some that do. I guess I'm too much of a pussy to even entertain that though. Or.... maybe I just think it's immoral.
View Quote

I certainly don't think most warrants are gotten under 'false' pretenses, involving lying and other skullduggery. I do think many are gotten where the LEO kinda calls it in (sometimes literally?), and the judge doesn't give two fucks what he's signing, as long as the form BZ/ST/486/C has the proper dotted t's and crossed i's.

ETA: But no, I've never filled one out. Or even seen one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:01:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I certainly don't think most warrants are gotten under 'false' pretenses, involving lying and other skullduggery. I do think many are gotten where the LEO kinda calls it in (sometimes literally?), and the judge doesn't give two fucks what he's signing, as long as the form BZ/ST/486/C has the proper dotted t's and crossed i's.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The idea of LEO always having to sit down and fill out paperwork that a judge sits at his desk and studies, then signs his name with his fountain pen and "now you have a warrant" is ridiculous and not at all how it has to go down.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:03:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure it happens in some jurisdictions but my experience has been the opposite and that's all I can go on. I recall writing one to be served in a major metropolitan area out of our jurisdiction involving a stolen AK and known crack house. You should have seen the guys from that city's team when they got to the bottom and it said no knock. They were floored. To them it was so rare that many had never seen one.

As for calling one in, I've seen that in the movies and that's it. We have a good enough relationship with a few judges that if something really extraordinary happened I think we might get the OK on that but I'm not sure. I definitely have never seen it done, not from the lowest PD to the feds.

And so you know how it goes, the judge also retains an original copy at the time of the signing. That way nobody can change anything and say it was authorized. It's a wholly different animal than a report or any other document you normally deal with. It's not a cross the T and dot the I thing. You must prove (provide details of) each element of the offense, the reasoning why a warrant would be beneficial, any and all exculpatory information and a description of each item to be search for. If you are thinking it's sort of like a ticket or a form with boxes or check off lists it's not.

The first time I did one I had to go back three or four times because it kept getting rejected, not because I tried to hide anything but because I didn't grasp the level of detail needed to prove ever single element. Add into the fact that you are waking up a pissed off tired District Judge at 0300 and it's really a fun time.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:08:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I carry 8 round mags..
View Quote

Your choice or the department's mandate?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:11:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only place I've ever even heard of the "us vs. them" thing is here.

It isn't even a discussion anywhere else.

Yep.

What a bizarro thing to say.  

Type into Google "Cops Us Vs. Them"

Or, if you prefer, "Us Vs. them Mentality"
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:13:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I carry 8 round mags..

We carry Sig P220s.  I like it.  And I'm of the mindset that if I can't do what I need to with 25 rounds, the extra 15 I carried with the G21 won't help.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:13:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Author was no deep thinker. He fails in logic. The militarization of police is due to citizen backlash. This backlash is due to politicians passing inane laws for the sole purpose of justifying their existence. Imagine if you will a term in Congress where no laws were passed, it would be awesome.
Page / 37
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top