User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Huh. She's an imbecile for praying. That's rude and ignorant as heck.        

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Everyone knows that you can be cured of Ebola here in America because God left Africa a long time ago.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I know plenty of atheists, none bat an eye about things like this.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:53:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Seriously?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I would be impressed if she relied solely on prayer, but I am guessing she didn't refuse the massive transfusion protocol to stop her from going into full-blown DIC.......
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Some people just have to be butthurt about something at all times.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Tough sh*t for them then.  She believed and it worked for her.  That's all that counts.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Try getting over it with prayer alone...!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:00:20 AM EDT
[#10]
There are atheist and then there are atheist that turn atheism into their own religion.  Funny how counter cultures tend to produce the same number of zealots.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#11]
"Dear GOD, I know we haven't spoken in a while and I said a lot of bad words the other day, but please stop the bleeding from my ass hole. k thanks bye."
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tough sh*t for them then.  She believed and it worked for her.  That's all that counts.
View Quote

Modern medicine worked for her.  Many people doubt that her faith or prayers had much to do with her surviving.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Seeing as how she is an RN I'm pretty sure she also recognizes the power of modern medicine but I do love seeing everyone get all sandy vag
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey, just because you don't believe in God doesn't mean He doesn't believe in you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#16]
More proof Atheism is a religion in itself.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Lol, so true.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Atheists are fucking retards....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
They are the American version of the Taliban

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#19]
I think it's stupid for anyone to hate on her for it.

I've always wondered though, why do people always praise God when they get over an illness / injury / someone they care about survives; but we never hear of anyone cursing him when he doesn't come through? Is it that "God works in mysterious ways" thing?

I'm sure a lot of those Africans that died from it also prayed very hard to God. Why weren't they saved?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#20]
I thought it was the handling of snakes that cured her?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:11:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've always wondered though, why do people always praise God when they get over an illness / injury / someone they care about survives; but we never hear of anyone cursing him when he doesn't come through? Is it that "God works in mysterious ways" thing?

I'm sure a lot of those Africans that died from it also prayed very hard to God. Why weren't they saved?
View Quote

We aren't supposed to know, just accept and believe.

It seems pretty simple to me.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Article title should read "20 Atheists Pissed She Didn't Also Thank Modern Medicine"
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is the unspoken question within stories and posts requesting prayers.

Does this mean not enough people prayed for the victims who have died from Ebola?  That would mean prayer is like some sort of Jerry Lewis telethon -- God won't help until there is some quota of prayers met.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good luck with that

Quoted:

Until you get to the point where you try and identify what they are worshiping .....

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Anybody who has ever seen anyone battle a deadly disease (which includes a lot of people, considering how prevalent a killer cancer is) knows how vital it is to the patient's survival that they have a strong will to live.

Now, I don't care if your strong motivation is because you desperately love your family, or if you believe in God, or if you just really don't want to miss the next season of Dancing with the Stars.

Your will to fight is fucking huge, and I'm not going to play armchair philosopher over the intellectual value of what you hold dear.

But, this is the internet, so some enlightened fuckwits will happily stroke each other off while pretending that prayer doesn't work for those who believe.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#26]
"A little knowledge drive a man away from God...A little more knowledge brings a man back to God..." Sir Francis Bacon
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I know plenty of atheists, none bat an eye about things like this.
View Quote

what i thought when i entered this thread
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So why believe in something you cannot understand, cannot influence, cannot measure or predict, and does not provide any consistent or comprehensible response?

Believing because you are supposed to sounds like the logic used by knee-jerk Obama followers who don't question the inconsistencies and problems in front of their faces.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:19:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Atheists are fucking retards....
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Everyone knows that you can be cured of Ebola here in America because God left Africa a long time ago.
View Quote

America has been giving up on God for over a century, what happens when God leaves America too?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

America has been giving up on God for over a century, what happens when God leaves America too?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll turn into Canada
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anybody who has ever seen anyone battle a deadly disease (which includes a lot of people, considering how prevalent a killer cancer is) knows how vital it is to the patient's survival that they have a strong will to live.

Now, I don't care if your strong motivation is because you desperately love your family, or if you believe in God, or if you just really don't want to miss the next season of Dancing with the Stars.

Your will to fight is fucking huge, and I'm not going to play armchair philosopher over the intellectual value of what you hold dear.
View Quote

I agree completely.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

But, this is the internet, so some enlightened fuckwits will happily stroke each other off while pretending that prayer doesn't work for those who believe.
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Meh. some people are perpetually butthurt about something.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Good luck with that

Until you get to the point where you try and identify what they are worshiping .....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good luck with that

Quoted:

They have a superiority complex and are worshiping themselves.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Good luck with that

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good luck with that

Quoted:

Satan's biggest success is convincing the world he did not exist, it would stand to reason that his second success was to convince the world God didn't either. Consider this when you wonder who in the end an atheist worships.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:24:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

We'll turn into Canada
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll turn into Canada

What are you talking aboot?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I absolutely agree that prayer can strengthen hope and will within the person doing it.  The point of dispute is whether there is some supernatural and outside response to that prayer that leads to recovery.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

We'll turn into Canada
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We'll turn into Canada

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:29:01 AM EDT
[#40]
I guess Thomas Duncan was praying wrong... or god is racist. What does the hive say?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#41]

Watch the Frontline story on Ebola in Sierra Leone. Those folks were praying their asses off.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I guess Thomas Duncan was praying wrong... or god is racist. What does the hive say?
View Quote

Didn't pray, or was too far gone to pray.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol
What?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

We've established that Vietnamese Americans are honorary white people,that's why her prayer request got bumped to the head of the line
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Good luck with that

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck with that

Quoted:

Themselves and their god science, which is odd since God created them both

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Satan's biggest success is convincing the world he did not exist, it would stand to reason that his second success was to convince the world God didn't either. Consider this when you wonder who in the end an atheist worships.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck with that

Quoted:

I guess I just dont get it . I dont try to consider what they worship . . . . until I read threads like these where some call atheism a religion .

I understand why people cant stand the blowhards , on either side of the argument , but to call it a religion makes no sense . I dont see it being labeled a religion in my day to day goings-on , anywhere but here . Is it ? (honest question )

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Watch the Frontline story on Ebola in Sierra Leone. Those folks were praying their asses off.
View Quote
I notice that too . Are they not worthy ?

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

You do hear from them, they're the militant atheist/anti-theists.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:38:51 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Lol

What?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol

What?
just like the Taliban in Afghanistan that destroy any symbol of Religion the public arena they are doing the same here. Atheism is one of the most stupidest religions in the world "there is no god, therefore we must remove all symbols something that does not exist because it offends me and my religion"

Dear God that is stupid

I spend zero time thinking about the boogey man and if you had a painting or picture of what you thought was a boogey man and showed it to me I would say that is "that's nice, honey"  
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:39:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I understand why people cant stand the blowhards , on either side of the argument , but to call it a religion makes no sense . I dont see it being labeled a religion in my day to day goings-on , anywhere but here . Is it ? (honest question )
View Quote

Calling atheism a religion is an attempt to level the playing field, a feeble one - but an attempt none-the-less.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top