Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Seriously, going to buy a new car (50 year old white guy) can you, Lincoln continental, know who I'm not going to buy? Fuck you, I'm buying a honda because my penis still work. And Matthew is a whiney penis sucking cunt. Go smoke some more Armstrong  bitch boy.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He's not saying we should "forget that right", it's an analogy to we should "forget that name" just because public opinion has changed. It's an analogy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it just me or is that not what he's saying at all?

That's all it took?
When you're 4 years old, that's all it takes. I got a Redskins hat in my bag right now.

What do you think about the calls for the team to change its name?
Man, it's twofold. What interests me is how quickly it got pushed into the social consciousness. We were all fine with it since the 1930s, and all of a sudden we go, "No, gotta change it"? It seems like when the first levee breaks, everybody gets on board. I know a lot of Native Americans don't have a problem with it, but they're not going to say, "No, we really want the name." That's not how they're going to use their pulpit. It's like my feeling about gun control: "I get it. You have the right to have guns. But look, let's forget that right. Let's forget the pleasure you get safely on your range, because it's in the wrong hands in other places."

ETA: He's comparing the people who were fine with the Redskins for 80 years then suddenly changed their mind to people who want to ban guns because it's the cause of the day because of some event.

Well, I don't know how else to read "forget that right"
Its kind of like "shall no be infringed" only means one thing also.

He's not saying we should "forget that right", it's an analogy to we should "forget that name" just because public opinion has changed. It's an analogy.

An analogy for what? Obviously he thinks the name should be changed. Social consciousness. When the first levee breaks, everybody gets on board.

Hope and change.

He finds it similar with his view on guns? Forget that right? What do you think the analogy is referring to in change (concerning guns)?

Hope and change.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:12:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
He's a very good actor (anyone seen True Detectives?) and has a right to his opinion, which appears to support the RKBA.  Even if he didn't, I can appreciate his talent without agreeing with his politics.
View Quote

True Detectives was good, but he has a lot more work to do in order to make up for all those shitty romantic comedies he did
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#4]
You can't "forget" rights or you'll be living in tyranny. Dumbass.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

An analogy for what? Obviously he thinks the name should be changed. Social consciousness. When the first levee breaks, everybody gets on board.

Hope and change.

He finds it similar with his view on guns? Forget that right? What do you think the analogy is referring to in change (concerning guns)?

Hope and change.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hope and change.

Hope and change.

It's pretty obvious you haven't read what he said.

But as a fan, it would hurt you a little to see the logo gone?
It's not going to hurt me. It's just... I love the emblem. I dig it. It gives me a little fire and some oomph. But now that it's in the court of public opinion, it's going to change. I wish it wouldn't, but it will.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#6]
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

LOL
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

My God you're stupid. Google the ENTIRE article and try and read it. Uninformed dopes like you are our biggest problem - liberal or conservative.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you need a reason to not see Interstellar, I'd say there's a bigger one than gun control.

The Earth isn't becoming unlivable and crops failing because of "bad luck" or some sort of natural disaster. It's pretty clear that MMGW/Climate Change/pollution is to blame.

Which of course is bunk. Even with a wormhole, even if MMGW/climate change were real, it would still be 10,000 X easier to make greenhouses, irrigation systems etc. to save as many people as you can vs. trying to abandon earth.
View Quote

The script synopsis I read said it is a virus that has decimated most crops other than corn.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:22:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

He has been out of Texas for too long.
View Quote

That's the problem, let him live in reality for a few years instead of a guarded gated community

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't care what he believes. He's an actor. I like some of his movies, so I watch them.

But then I want to enjoy life or something.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Apparently he was being sarcastic.  I'll withdraw my statement for now.
View Quote
Then state it clearly, in a non-sarcastic manner, so everyone understands

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He's comparing those people to the ones who want to ban a name.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all it took?
When you're 4 years old, that's all it takes. I got a Redskins hat in my bag right now.

Man, it's twofold. What interests me is how quickly it got pushed into the social consciousness. We were all fine with it since the 1930s, and all of a sudden we go, "No, gotta change it"? It seems like when the first levee breaks, everybody gets on board. I know a lot of Native Americans don't have a problem with it, but they're not going to say, "No, we really want the name." That's not how they're going to use their pulpit. It's like my feeling about gun control: "I get it. You have the right to have guns. But look, let's forget that right. Let's forget the pleasure you get safely on your range, because it's in the wrong hands in other places."

He is saying fuck your right to own guns because some people use guns for crime. Fuck him

He's comparing those people to the ones who want to ban a name.

No I really don't think he is.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope and change.

Hope and change.

But as a fan, it would hurt you a little to see the logo gone?
It's not going to hurt me. It's just... I love the emblem. I dig it. It gives me a little fire and some oomph. But now that it's in the court of public opinion, it's going to change. I wish it wouldn't, but it will.

Yeah. He's saying it gave him a warm and fuzzy cause he grew up with it as a kid. It wasn't wrong then. But he knows it wrong now.

And it must change. Because court of public opinion.

Just like with guns. He liked it, but knows its wrong now that he's older. Still get the warm and fuzzy from the memory. But...forget your rights. Outside of the target range, a gun is in the wrong hands. Change is coming. " I wish it wouldn't, but it will".

You're not good at the analogy thing...

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm pretty sure he was saying that gun grabbers are as retarded as the PC police.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:24:47 PM EDT
[#15]
GD is mentally retarded and can't read or comprehend worth a shit.  

This is why I come here, though.  Go on.....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My God you're stupid. Google the ENTIRE article and try and read it. Uninformed dopes like you are our biggest problem - liberal or conservative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Post your argument from the article. Quote it. Cite it.
Make a good argument instead of the ad hominem.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:26:23 PM EDT
[#17]
You guys.....
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#18]
People like OP, and the others who replied in line with him, are why the left thinks we're dumb.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:29:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure he was saying that gun grabbers are as retarded as the PC police.
View Quote

"I get it. You have the right to have guns. But look, let's forget that right. Let's forget the pleasure you get safely on your range, because it's in the wrong hands in other places."

So which parts are you having problems with?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:31:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
"I get it. You have the right to have guns. But look, let's forget that right. Let's forget the pleasure you get safely on your range, because it's in the wrong hands in other places."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah man, you see, you totally misunderstood what he's saying. He's actually pro gun rights. Yeah, yeah, that's it.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#21]
His job is to entertain me.  I don't give two shits what his politics are or what he has to say.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:33:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
GD reading comprehension amazes me
View Quote

They only see what they want to see.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#23]
The lack of comprehension in here sometimes makes me feel like blowing a gasket!

For those who are little bit dense (or maybe just a little slow), the guy isn't in favor of banning guns or banning the use of the name "Redskins". He is actually mocking these PC retards who do believe in such actions!

For an actor, this dude is alright in my book. He's not a complete loon like Ben Affleck or Gwyneth Paltrow.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:35:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
People like OP, and the others who replied in line with him, are why the left thinks we're dumb.

View Quote

Do you really need to insinuate someone is dumb because they see something different then you? I read this whole article the other day and took it that he is anti-gun. I cannot read what he wrote and spin it that he is on our side. Does not mean I or others are dumb.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#25]
I want to apologize to ArmyInfantryVet. I hurled a childish insult his way, and I sincerely apologize. I never would have done it face to face. One too many Trout Slayer's I guess.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:37:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah....McConaughey and Liam Nieson hate guns...and hate the unwashed masses having guns...
I wonder how many Guns and Armed Body Guards McConaughey and Niesson have?
I wonder if they have carry permits...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Do you really need to insinuate someone is dumb because they see something different then you? I read this whole article the other day and took it that he is anti-gun. I cannot read what he wrote and spin it that he is on our side. Does not mean I or others are dumb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reading comprehension is a pretty basic thing.

I suck at math.  I know it, and I accept it.  No one is perfect.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The lack of comprehension in here sometimes makes me feel like blowing a gasket!

For those who are little bit dense (or maybe just a little slow), the guy isn't in favor of banning guns or banning the use of the name "Redskins". He is actually mocking these PC retards who do believe in such actions!

For an actor, this dude is alright in my book. He's not a complete loon like Ben Affleck or Gwyneth Paltrow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

His words. Right before you. Quoted for posterity.

Some people are just dense.

...pushed into the social consciousness

When the first levee breaks, everybody gets on board.

It's like my feeling about gun control: "I get it. You have the right to have guns. But look, let's forget that right. Let's forget the pleasure you get safely on your range, because it's in the wrong hands in other places."

it's in the court of public opinion
pushed into the social consciousness
it's going to change
everybody gets onboard
forget that right
forget the pleasure you get
because it's in the wrong hands in other places.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Holy shit, I think GD is gonna break their own record of retarded'ness by not reading and understanding what Matthew McCon just said.....

You guys really fucking suck at reading.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I gi v e up. GD is full of people who read half a sentence before posting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What did you expect from a liberal with ties to UT Austin?

And they probably already voted in the poll.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

Bingo!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He is saying fuck your right to own guns because some people use guns for crime. Fuck him
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all it took?

I think he is saying the opposite. He is saying this Redskins crap got pushed into social awareness and there is no need to go jumping on bandwagons. He doesn't like how guns are dealt with in America apparently, but I think he is saying that just because he doesn't agree with it or some event happens doesn't mean those rights should change. Basically to me it seems like he is saying "I don't like it, but what you do isn't my business". To me it is almost him saying MYOB, that is fine in my book. Still probably won't go see the movie.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Holy wow.  

I gotta go.  This is enough internet for one day.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really, really, really need to Google more about literary analysis, analogies, comparisons, and sarcasm.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
GD reading comprehension amazes me
View Quote

Some serious tards on here.

It can be entertaining though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:49:22 PM EDT
[#37]
This thread is depressingly stupid
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I cannot believe how many people here give two shits about what McConaughey thinks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:51:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Bingo!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo!

it's going to change
everybody gets onboard
forget that right
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:52:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You really, really, really need to Google more about literary analysis, analogies, comparisons, and sarcasm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well maybe you'd like to explain what he means in these quotes:

it's going to change
everybody gets onboard
forget that right

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:54:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you expect from a liberal with ties to UT Austin?

Actually I only read the thread title.

I see now it was misinterpreted by the op.
No big deal. Hope your evening gets better.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Hope and change.

Hope and change.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all it took?

ETA: He's comparing the people who were fine with the Redskins for 80 years then suddenly changed their mind to people who want to ban guns because it's the cause of the day because of some event.

Well, I don't know how else to read "forget that right"
Its kind of like "shall no be infringed" only means one thing also.

Hope and change.

Hope and change.

Is English not your first language?

He is saying that people who jump on politically correct band wagons are idiots.

He is comparing idiots who suddenly say "oh we should change the racist team name after all these years" to people who say "forget the right to own guns because a few people use them for evil."

Get it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yeah....McConaughey and Liam Nieson hate guns...and hate the unwashed masses having guns...
I wonder how many Guns and Armed Body Guards McConaughey and Niesson have?
I wonder if they have carry permits...
View Quote

Liam Nieson dosent need a fucking bodyguard.
Have you even seen that documentary they did on him before he was a celebrity?
I think it was called Taken?

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:00:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Again, no hes not. You fail at comprehending his analogy of irrationality
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all it took?

Again, no hes not. You fail at comprehending his analogy of irrationality

Agreed. Reading at least a larger portion to which that snipped statement belongs to shows the context, at least to me. He's using an analogy. He's not condemning gun ownership or 2A but rather condemning knee jerk reactions and tactics used by the gun grabbers (and other band wagons).
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

it's going to change
everybody gets onboard
forget that right

View All Quotes
Quoted:

it's going to change
everybody gets onboard
forget that right

Are you writing poems?

“What interests me is how quickly it got pushed into the social consciousness,” he told GQ. “We were all fine with it since the 1930s, and all of a sudden we go, ‘No, gotta change it’? It seems like when the first levee breaks, everybody gets on board. I know a lot of Native Americans don’t have a problem with it, but they’re not going to say, ‘No, we really want the name.’ That’s not how they’re going to use their pulpit.”

He is musing on the Redskins debate here, after being asked what he though about it. He is saying that, at one time, no one had a problem with he name. But these days, it's in the social consciousness (sic), aka in the public spotlight. It's a red button issue. It seems like whenever the initiative to change something gets started, everyone starts joining it, for no apparent reason.

“I get it. You have the right to have guns. But look, let’s forget that right. Let’s forget the pleasure you get safely on your range, because it’s in the wrong hands in other places,”

Here he is not talking in first person. He is quoting what a person who supports gun control would say. He is comparing the absurdity of changing the Redskins name (because a few people get offended) to having gun control because of a few people who misuse them. Just like most Native Americans don't have a problem with the name, most gun owners don't misuse guns.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's going to change
everybody gets onboard
forget that right

He was quoting liberal idiots who say stuff like that!!!!

It's tough read his his sarcasm but that's what he's saying.

Trust me.

"People who think Redskins should be changed are jumping on the bandwagon of public opinion. Like people who say to forget the right to own guns because some evil people use them sometimes."

He is saying to not jump on the bandwagon of PC public opinion.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Alright, so my original statements were wrong, he was quoting what the gun controls idiots were saying.

Regardless if he he had said it or not, I still think he is a great actor.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Hrm...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Jesus Christ.

Now all the low information voters in GD are going to wrongly boycott him.

OP you should edit your thread title and post.

He is not only on the side of gun rights...he is VERY on the side of gun rights.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#50]
So where are we here...i'm lost...can I put away my pitch fork or not?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top