User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:37:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, that was uncalled for.

I would love to see NA tribes treated like the sovereign nations they insist they are. But that's a subject for another thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tulalip Tribe Chairman Herman Williams on Marysville, Wash., shootings: 'I am deeply saddened by the terrible tragedy in our local school district. ...Our community is reeling from this experience, so we ask that the media and the public honor the families and our children in this time of grief. Sadly, we are now experiencing what has become a national trend, which we, as a society, must address' - statement

Where's a smallpox blanket when you need it?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I would love to see NA tribes treated like the sovereign nations they insist they are. But that's a subject for another thread.

I'd be fine with that, too, for the record.

That being said, I wonder if it had been a White boy who had done this, would the poster I responded to advocate an attempt at wiping out the entire town had the mayor made a statement like that, or is this "different" because it's Indians.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Movie theaters have improved security since then.  They are not prisons but they are vastly ahead of nothing.  Nor do I feel a loss freedom in a secure environment.  Office buildings, warehouses, concert venues, etc typically have controlled access and armed officers present.

Where exactly is the loss of freedom?
Why do you require children to be completely exposed to anyone who wants to harm the most vulnerable part of our society?
View Quote

You must go to really different movie theaters than I do. I have not noticed any changes at theaters since that incident.

Sounds like you want your kids attending school in an impenetrable safety cage. Sounds just like a prison to me.

Although every incident like this is tragic, I don't think it is anywhere near a common enough event to justify the expense and impact of fortifying schools to the level that would be required to actually prevent them. I don't buy into "If it saves just one child" liberal mantra.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tulalip Tribe Chairman Herman Williams on Marysville, Wash., shootings: 'I am deeply saddened by the terrible tragedy in our local school district. ...Our community is reeling from this experience, so we ask that the media and the public honor the families and our children in this time of grief. Sadly, we are now experiencing what has become a national trend, which we, as a society, must address' - statement

Yeah, the comment about blankets is the type of statement an asshole would make. I hope it was just a very bad joke.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You must go to really different movie theaters than I do. I have not noticed any changes at theaters since that incident.

Sounds like you want your kids attending school in an impenetrable safety cage. Sounds just like a prison to me.

Although every incident like this is tragic, I don't think it is anywhere near a common enough event to justify the expense and impact of fortifying schools to the level that would be required to actually prevent them. I don't buy into "If it saves just one child" liberal mantra.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Movie theaters have improved security since then.  They are not prisons but they are vastly ahead of nothing.  Nor do I feel a loss freedom in a secure environment.  Office buildings, warehouses, concert venues, etc typically have controlled access and armed officers present.

Why do you require children to be completely exposed to anyone who wants to harm the most vulnerable part of our society?

Besides fortifying schools and having armed guards, what do you believe will stop these events?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God damn, dude. What a fucked up thing to say.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#6]
This, just as support was climbing in favor of an anti-internet loophole bill.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sounds like there may be a family dispute angle working here, possible DV, I doubt the victims are random.
View Quote

I am late to the party so this may/may not have been mentioned. From the local paper,

Friends and family said two of the shooting victims are Nate Hatch and Andrew Fryberg, Jaylen's cousins. All three freshmen grew up together and went to the homecoming dance as a group earlier this month after Jaylen was voted freshman homecoming king.

“They were like three brothers,” said Nate's grandfather, Don Hatch, a former Marysville School Board and Tulalip Tribal Board member. “They were inseparable. They did everything together. It doesn't seem real.”
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Besides fortifying schools and having armed guards, what do you believe will stop these events?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Teach kids how to deal with life.

The people are the problem. Even if somehow the guns are gone you will still have these people who think it's ok to kill because they were rejected.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone named "Disintregr8or" ruins a thread... what a coincidence.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I left Marysville 13 years ago. It's grown so much in that amount of time I'm sure I wouldn't recognize it at all. I have lots of friends still in the area and they say the town has gone to shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Marysville kind of sucks these days.  Between the police officer getting shot a couple weeks ago and the incident today at MPHS makes me glad my kids are all grown up and sad that my Granddaughter is in elementary school in this district.  I live less then a half mile from the school and over the last several years, this neighborhood has gone to complete shit.  My son-in law had his car stolen over the Summer as did two other folks I know that live in the same general area, last year literally several hundred tires were slashed within a two mile radius from my house and the police just recently closed down a drug house a few streets over.

I left Marysville 13 years ago. It's grown so much in that amount of time I'm sure I wouldn't recognize it at all. I have lots of friends still in the area and they say the town has gone to shit.

Two of my nieces were at MPHS around that time.

A friend of mine from school posted this on his Facebook page: "I would like to inform everyone that my 16 year old son <kidsname> is home safely. He was sitting near the shooter when this incident occurred , and watched it happen. Fortunately his instincts served him well, and he helped several other students to safety today."  

I looked at his fb wall and saw this from Oct 15th: "Police were just involved in a gun battle behind my house. They were in a blaze of gunfire. It was loud. And the officers car is shot up. The officers are all fine, not so sure about the suspect."

I know its pretty random, and the second case was a spree that started 30 miles away, but I'd be going all if I was him now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The people are the problem. Even if somehow the guns are gone you will still have these people who think it's ok to kill because they were rejected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont disagree at all.  Accountability and responsibility are key lessons to be taught, but how do you reach every person and make sure those things are being taught?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I dont disagree at all.  Accountability and responsibility are key lessons to be taught, but how do you reach every person and make sure those things are being taught?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't. It's up to the parents. Which is why it will continue to get worse as these kids grow up and attempt to be parents themselves.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:29:35 PM EDT
[#13]

To recap, of the four patients receiving care at hospitals after the
high school shooting in Marysville, Wash., three are still in critical
condition and one is in serious condition, according to this morning's
updates from hospital officials

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:38:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You can't. It's up to the parents. Which is why it will continue to get worse as these kids grow up and attempt to be parents themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well thats the whole point of a fail safe.  You have securities in place such as check points and armed resource officers in schools JIC.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well thats the whole point of a fail safe.  You have securities in place such as check points and armed resource officers in schools JIC.
View Quote

Neither of which would have had any impact in preventing this incident.

So what is the next level of security?

And when it doesn't prove 100% effective, then what?

How far down this road are you willing to go?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I wish I could say what I want to.

But here is what I posted in the home team.

I dealt with the fallout of this all last night at work.

1)there is nothing racial/Muslim related

2)this is 100% about a family issue and "If I cant have her, no one will"

3)no regulation/law would have kept shooter from doing this. Weapon was stolen and he was under age to even be in possession of said fire arm. So he broke 2 laws before committing the major violent felony crimes.

I cant comment to much else.

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wouldnt of it had an impact?  The kid was supposedly suspended.  How did he get into the school when he wasnt supposed to be there?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Why wouldnt of it had an impact?  The kid was supposedly suspended.  How did he get into the school when he wasnt supposed to be there?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I understand it, he was suspended from the football team, not from attending school. Reports indicate that was sitting at a table in the caferia when he stood up and began shooting the kids sharing the table with him.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think he had just finished serving the suspension.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

A friend of mine from school posted this on his Facebook page: "I would like to inform everyone that my 16 year old son <kidsname> is home safely. He was sitting near the shooter when this incident occurred , and watched it happen. Fortunately his instincts served him well, and he helped several other students to safety today."  

I looked at his fb wall and saw this from Oct 15th: "Police were just involved in a gun battle behind my house. They were in a blaze of gunfire. It was loud. And the officers car is shot up. The officers are all fine, not so sure about the suspect."

I know its pretty random, and the second case was a spree that started 30 miles away, but I'd be going all if I was him now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I graduated in '87 and have multiple friends that live in the area still and have kids @ MP. One's daughter was a witness too.

That shooter guy graduated in '89, but I don't recall him. He was trying for suicide by cop IMO.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have an idea:  stop fucking with people.  Don't tolerate bullying or fighting.  Adults are just as guilty as kids and more often you are seeing situations where the wrong guy person gets messed with and doesn't feel like there is any option to respond other than scorching the earth and making anyone pay for the pain they feel.

Some will scoff at this and think I'm writing about special snowflakes.  It's not that at all.  We are just seeing more people being jerks and others getting sick of it.  Add to that the lack of ability to talk or communicate face to face and you get stuff like this happening.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#22]

I kind of blame the Internet, and children using it to broadcast their inner monologue to the world.

No kid should have a Twitter or Facebook account, period.  They should be talking to their families, not a computer.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:33:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I kind of blame the Internet, and children using it to broadcast their inner monologue to the world.

No kid should have a Twitter or Facebook account, period.  They should be talking to their families, not a computer.

View Quote

I totally agree!

And not driving till the age of 18.   Kids are fucking stupid these days.    

Not saying were weren't stupid in the 80s and prior to that but as the generations go on and on kids get more and more stupid.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:36:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree, the only problem is many parents don't parent like they should.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:59:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

To recap, of the four patients receiving care at hospitals after the high school shooting in Marysville, Wash., three are still in critical condition and one is in serious condition, according to this morning's updates from hospital officials

How old is that info?
It's not accurate as of 5 pm Friday.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:38:44 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The gun may have been "purchased" legally but it wasn't legal for a minor to take that gun from the gun owners home and onto school property. Of course the MSM leaves out the details like that. The sheeple make the leap, at the urging of the media and politicians, that we need more laws to somehow prevent this when these types of murderers almost always violated numerous gun laws prior to pulling the trigger on their first victim.

Said it before and I will say it again. If it is not the gun you carry for ccw and you have kids, lock it the eff up. How hard is this to understand?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj4fWdIpvCw

Also

15 year old defends self with gun

12 year old defends self with gun

11 year old defends self with gun

Another 15 year old defends self with gun

11 year old girl defends self with gun

So if it was up to you and other such short sighted persons these children would of been killed if your beliefs were put in place I bet the girls in the stories would of been raped than killed.

I guess their lives do not matter to people like you who have no clue what you are talking about. Recant your statement and apologize for the ignorance of it.

Do you think those instances are going to lead to a loss of 2A rights, or what happened the other day?
So give up 2nd amendment rights in order to keep 2nd amendment rights? Well I am not going to give in because of other individuals ignorance of reality. The children I referenced had a right to defend themselves as they did you want to strip them and others of that right so they can die at a higher rate that these school shootings. If I did that I would be a stooge and an enemy of freedom and liberty. And that is what we are talking about. We need to start drawing lines and calling out those who refuse to stand for liberty. You have a choice either you can stand with myself and others who believe in liberty or you can stand against us. Your choice?

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:28:35 AM EDT
[#27]
So I just found out that one of the young ladies at Providence has been taken off of life support and has passed.

If it's true that really sucks.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:11:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Sad for everyone involved.

Such a preventable tragedy.

I have a few friends that have kids in MPHS.

Thankfully everyone is ok.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#29]

Hospital on 2 Marysville, Wash., high school shooting patients:
14-year-old boy remains in serious condition and is improving in
intensive care; 15-year-old boy remains critical in intensive care -
statement

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Hospital says 2 girls injured in Marysville, Wash., shooting remain
in critical condition, 'are receiving ongoing, continual monitoring and
care' - statement

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hospital says 2 girls injured in Marysville, Wash., shooting remain in critical condition, 'are receiving ongoing, continual monitoring and care' - statement

I learned it from her facebook page.  If it's not true then there are some sick people on her friends list.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#32]
The girl at Providence died Friday evening.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

yes, one girl died, 2 other girls are still in the hospital along with 2 boys (the killers cousins)

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#34]
News is reporting that both girls are still in critical condition, sorry for the misinformation.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#35]
The hero of the story, Megan Silverberger (edit: sorry, dupe of prior post by mcantu).

Apparently, the asshole did not just end it by killing himself.
Full details have not been released, but she is the teacher that attempted to stop him, and he shot himself when she grabbed his arm.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/student-lunch-lady-heroically-stopped-shooter/nhrXZ/

Quoted:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/25/1414213939480_Image_galleryImage_A_shooting_at_Marysville_.JPG
witnesses told KIRO-TV, Silberberger walked over and grabbed his arm.In a two-second struggle, Fryberg is said to have pointed the gun at her before shooting himself dead.

The shocking account suggests Silberger, a first year social services teacher and part-time soccer player, may have prevented a massacre at the Washington school.
View Quote
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

yes, one girl died, 2 other girls are still in the hospital along with 2 boys (the killers cousins)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not the first one that was reported dead from the scene, another one.
3 dead total that I am aware of.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

nope

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

nope

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nope

Now I understand my confusion - mixing news reports with first hand info.
I got it now.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:51:43 AM EDT
[#39]
2nd victim has died

KING 5 News

@KING5Seattle

·  2 minutes ago

Shooting victim Gia Soriano has died  #Marysville

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:54:16 AM EDT
[#40]

KING 5 News

@KING5Seattle

·  2 minutes ago

Patient Shaylee Chuckulanaskit remains in critical condition. #Marysville

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:06:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Brave Woman there .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/25/1414213939480_Image_galleryImage_A_shooting_at_Marysville_.JPG

witnesses told KIRO-TV, Silberberger walked over and grabbed his arm.In a two-second struggle, Fryberg is said to have pointed the gun at her before shooting himself dead.

The shocking account suggests Silberger, a first year social services teacher and part-time soccer player, may have prevented a massacre at the Washington school.

Brave Woman there .

Yeah.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Am I in before they bulldoze the school?
View Quote

No bulldozer required. This would appear to be an ACTUAL school shooting.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Estonia had its first school shooting ever today. The teacher died and student arrested,nothing of the sort has happened before.

http://www.postimees.ee/2968973/viljandis-lasi-opilane-koolis-opetaja-maha
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#45]

Marysville, Wash., shooting victim Nate Hatch upgraded to
satisfactory condition; Andrew Fryberg remains in critical condition in
intensive care - @NBCNews

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Police: Gun used in Marysville, Wash., high school shooting was purchased legally, owned by family member

View Quote

Police say that Marysville, Wash., gunman arranged to meet with friends in cafeteria before shooting

View Quote

More: Police say Marysville, Wash., shooter texted 5 victims to meet in cafeteria before shooting - @SeattleTimes

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yeah.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The national news (radio) keeps calling it a confirmed suicide. This doesn't sound like suicide to me.

Brave Woman there .

Yeah.

The national news (radio) keeps calling it a confirmed suicide. This doesn't sound like a suicide to me.

ETA: site is acting wonky...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#48]
http://wa-snohomishcounty.civicplus.com/Archive.aspx?ADID=4024
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes

Detectives have also confirmed that the first year teacher attributed with confronting the shooter did not, in fact, have physical contact with the shooter during the incident.

Interesting. I wonder if the media will change their stories.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#50]
http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/marysville-shooting/2014/10/31/shaylee-chuckulnaskit-marysville-pilchuck-shooting-victim/18277719/

The other girl passed today.

Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top