Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#1]
It's in the backyard, and it really doesn't look that bad. Plus, I bet all of the people bitching are the same tards that yell about driving SUVs because we need to "come up with alternative forms of energy."
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#2]

His neighbors are GD energy company shills that always talk shit when there's a solar thread.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The guy has his rights but gotta live with his neighbors.  Wonder if those panels can withstand flying debris like..you know..when a tornado kicks up shit and it starts to rain bricks and other projectiles?  That's all I'm saying.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The guy has his rights but gotta live with his neighbors.  Wonder if those panels can withstand flying debris like..you know..when a tornado kicks up shit and it starts to rain bricks and other projectiles?  That's all I'm saying.
View Quote

Solar panels are mad expensive. Anyone who has the money for a good setup usually has the brains to properly anchor them.

If he doesn't that's what homeowner's insurance and courts do.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Neighbors need to MTOFB
View Quote

And die
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Those are ugly as sin in that nice neighborhood, but if there are no covenants or town restrictions on them, it's going to be a tough battle.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Those would have been fine as part of the roof.   They look like crap laying out in the yard.
View Quote

They do look better on a roof but he may not have enough roof to handle all those panels.
Looks like a pretty big system and they have to be oriented correctly.
I personally wouldnt want to look at that in my yard every day.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:02:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I've seen that setup but they have a large lot
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's in the backyard, and it really doesn't look that bad. Plus, I bet all of the people bitching are the same tards that yell about driving SUVs because we need to "come up with alternative forms of energy."
View Quote

No, that would more likely be the tard owner of the solar panels
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#10]
If I were him, I'd go to town hall and talk about how I suspect that Big Oil is behind the attacks on my property rights.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't see what BFD is.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#12]
The OP's link says "bothered" but the thread title turned to "angered."

"Bothered" is a lame reason for a news story anyway, but let's not add fuel to the pussy fire.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Larry Nader is a former Pennsylvania State Police trooper who just happens to be passionate about the environment, and that motivated him to install massive solar panels outside his North Strabane home.
My wife and I are concerned about climate change, and we wanted to mitigate our carbon footprint, so we thought this was a good way to go,” said Nader.
But while Nader worries about global warming, his neighbors are decidedly cool on his panel ensemble, which they say is an eyesore that stares them in the face every time they walk out of their homes.

libtard
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#14]
If the township had nothing about solar panels, why did he need permits? Just for building something on his lot?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I kinda hope the grid power goes out in that neighborhood and only the people with solar panels have energy. Just for shits and giggles. Would be great to see what the people complaining now think about solar panels then.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Those would have been fine as part of the roof.   They look like crap laying out in the yard.
View Quote

That's HOAs are for.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I would just plant a row of TALL TREES problem solved
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#18]
That ex-trooper is now growing a bunch of dope in his basement.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Larry Nader is a former Pennsylvania State Police trooper who just happens to be passionate about the environment, and that motivated him to install massive solar panels outside his North Strabane home.
My wife and I are concerned about climate change, and we wanted to mitigate our carbon footprint, so we thought this was a good way to go,” said Nader.
But while Nader worries about global warming, his neighbors are decidedly cool on his panel ensemble, which they say is an eyesore that stares them in the face every time they walk out of their homes.

libtard
View Quote

or a smart conservative trying to save a few bucks off the electric bill but willing to tell the media and the NIMBY liberals bullshit they want to hear in order to garner sympathy...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Neighbors need to MTOFB
View Quote

I hate people that want to control other people's lives
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:44:46 PM EDT
[#21]
If I were to guess, the residents of this neighborhood 1) on average make more than $200,000/yr, and 2) voted overwhelmingly for Barack Obama.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#23]
How is that an "eyesore?"

It's just some freaking solar panels.  Jesus Christ.   Some people really need to grow some thicker skin on their pussy lips.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That's why I planted my house square in the middle of 100 acres.
View Quote

Lucky Thats what I want!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:57:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

How is that an "eyesore?"

It's just some freaking solar panels.  Jesus Christ.   Some people really need to grow some thicker skin on their pussy lips.
View Quote

Everyone has their own taste.  That's why we call it PRIVATE property.  If it bothers them to look at their neighbors backyard, a good fence and perhaps some strategic placement of shrubs and trees would solve it.  I'd hate to have to live in a neighborhood where the backyards were  so small and open.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Narrow minded neighbors...

This dudes helping the environment and trying to save a buck and getting the shit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Neighbors need to MTOFB
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#28]

What kind of sick motherfucker worries about what another American does, legally, in his own back yard?

What a dick-smoking little bitch whiner.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Neighbors need to MTOFB
View Quote

this, your yard = your business.  neighbours need to fuck off.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#30]
It looks like shit.. I don't think he accounted for the flooding he will cause in the neighbor's yard due to the rain water run off; therefore it is a dick move.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#31]
the neighbor to the south should put up a HUGE fence that just happened to block the direct sunlight.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, they look like ass in the yard.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

In most cases it's not about that.  People are concerned about their property values living next to that hideous monstrosity.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neighbors need to MTOFB

I hate people that want to control other people's lives

In most cases it's not about that.  People are concerned about their property values living next to that hideous monstrosity.  

Rusted out cars on blocks is an eyesore and will reduce property values.

Off the grid solar installation not so much, but maybe this is a neighborhood where people live in fantasy land and think putting pesticides and herbicides on their manicured lawn doesn't hurt their kids and pets or get into their well water all while spending a hundred dollars or two on lawn care every month and wondering why they are broke and have no money saved.

Maybe they should have bought a house with a HOA if they are concerned with how their neighbors property looks.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If the township had nothing about solar panels, why did he need permits? Just for building something on his lot?
View Quote

Possibly, that's how it is here. (Unless you're the governor's girlfriend)
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What I was thinking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's in the back yard for goodness sake!  From what I can see, it is not visible from the front of his house.  Don't like the look of the neighbor's back yard?  Put up a fence!

What I was thinking.

Me too. A fence would solve this problem.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody doesn't like her?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

Probably because something electrical is being installed to a house. Just my guess.

It's probably not as derpy as needing a permit to replace an existing door or an existing sink.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

libtard
View Quote

Why is everyone that cares about the environment and clean energy a libtard?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I'll bet the neighbors will be real friendly when they get a real bad power outage and run out of all the gas they stored for the generator they probably don't own.....

"But I have sleep apnea, I'll die if I don't have electricity!"

Get bent, asshole.

"I'm a diabetic and my insulin as to be refrigerated, can I leave them in your fridge until the power comes back?"

Nah, maybe you should go talk to the city about it and see what they'll do for you.
God, I'm a vindictive prick in my little mind sometimes.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Neighbors angered by home’s Solar Panels

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/10/24/neighbors-bothered-by-north-strabane-homes-large-solar-panels/

Neighbors aren’t happy about a North Strabane Township homeowner’s large installation of solar panels.

One neighbor told the Observer-Reporter that she believes there was a mistake made in approving the solar panels, saying, "someone needs to be held accountable.”

But township officials say there’s nothing that prohibits solar panels on the property and that everything has been approved "in accordance with the rules and regulations available,”

I'll bet the neighbors will be real friendly when they get a real bad power outage and run out of all the gas they stored for the generator they probably don't own.....

"But I have sleep apnea, I'll die if I don't have electricity!"

Get bent, asshole.

"I'm a diabetic and my insulin as to be refrigerated, can I leave them in your fridge until the power comes back?"

Nah, maybe you should go talk to the city about it and see what they'll do for you.
God, I'm a vindictive prick in my little mind sometimes.....

With morons like these it's hard not to be sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#40]
“This is a beautiful neighborhood. We all care about our homes..."

I think what she means to say is, “This is a beautiful neighborhood. We all care about our property values..."
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#41]
they're gonna love him even more when their power goes out and his power is still on.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm guessing he does not have a side of the roof that faced south to put the panels on.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote
They would look just like they do, pointing the same way, on the roof...

The roof is pitched the wrong direction for them to lay flat on it.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#44]

Progressive liberals hate the outcome of the policies that they blindly support?  Nooo......
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Not sure what the big deal is.  It's his property and is not in any violation of any rules/laws of his community.  It's not like he has a couple of rusted old Camaros in his yard.  After all it's his gamble, hopefully softball size hail is not common in his area.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:56:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I would just plant a row of TALL TREES problem solved
View Quote

Don't forget the bird seed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#47]
I bet it is destroyed within 5 years.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't see why it is such a big deal, it's his property.  I just hope large softball size hail is not common in that area.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#49]
build a fucking fence or buy a house with a bigger yard if you don't want to see your neighbors and their bullshit.  MYOFB
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Dick move in a neighborhood like that but it's his property and he's following the rules so I'd keep my yap shut as a neighbor.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top