Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 10:45:24 PM EDT
Is was talking to a few friend and we had talked about riots of the 60`s and the L.A Riots and then about what might the next mass riot or riots look like, where they might happen.

We noticed they mostly happen in large multicultural cities, with Democrats in power.

So one of the asked "How come we have not had any major ones in over 20 years"?

I point out the massive surge in firearm ownership, and to be honest they nor I can think of a reason other then that..

Is it as simple as that?

What is your take on this reason?

What stories do you have about riots? Have anyone about the 60`s or the L.A riots?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Bread and circuses.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Laziness, pure and simple.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#3]
The riot in 1992 solidified the Black vote for the Democratic Party just in time to elect Clinton.

It has remained even more solidly Democratic since then, so more riots weren't needed.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]
It's easier to be a SJW online than it is to go out and start something. Same reason nobody wants to be "that guy" who tests NFA grey areas. They'll wait for someone else to do it before jumping on the bandwagon.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Ferguson doesn't understand your question.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I kind of doubt that the "typical" rioter really takes the percentage of firearm owners in an area into account before participating in a riot.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#7]
lol, no
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:58:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Is was talking to a few friend and we had talked about riots of the 60`s and the L.A Riots and then about what might the next mass riot or riots look like, where they might happen.

We noticed they mostly happen in large multicultural cities, with Democrats in power.

I point out the massive surge in firearm ownership, and to be honest they nor I can think of a reason other then that..
Is it as simple as that?

What stories do you have about riots? Have anyone about the 60`s or the L.A riots?
View Quote

There has been no surge in gun ownership rate.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#9]
No  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm pretty sure the percentage of households with guns has decreased since the 60s.

Could just be because there has been nothing major worth having a major riot over...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:00:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Haven't had the right mix yet..I wouldn't want to be in the middle of a riot even while CCWing....

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it as simple as that?

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/12/18/us/politics/18fivethirtyeight-guns2/18fivethirtyeight-guns2-blog480.png

Ya think maybe it changed in 2012?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:10:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it as simple as that?

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/12/18/us/politics/18fivethirtyeight-guns2/18fivethirtyeight-guns2-blog480.png

Probably not much honestly.  Maybe a slight uptick, but not in the grand scheme.

More gun sales doesn't necessarily translate to more gun ownership.  Depends who was buying.  I can assure you gun owners were doing more buying than first time buyers.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:10:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Tough choice, stay high or riot.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Haven't had the right mix yet..I wouldn't want to be in the middle of a riot even while CCWing....
View Quote

Tell me about it........especially if hunniits of folks running around.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it as simple as that?

Really?

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:22:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:24:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it as simple as that?

Really?
http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/guns-in-household-550.gif

Now extend that timeline back a little farther to get more perspective...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/11/has-the-rate-of-gun-ownership-in-american-homes-really-decreased-this-dramatically/
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:25:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it as simple as that?

Don't know about that, but it sure went up among Republicans and Independents between 2006 and 2009 for some reason.  Almost like some super-duper gun salesman started on the job or something.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:25:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:27:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I kind of doubt that the "typical" rioter really takes the percentage of firearm owners in an area into account before participating in a riot.
View Quote

Or political ideology either.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Bread and circuses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Bread and circuses.

This

Quoted:

This

Quoted:

and This.

I wonder if Occupy counted as such a protest? They did cause a shit ton of damage, people got arrested, it went on for weeks, and it was the same group of usual young knuckleheads upset about cosmic injustice
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:36:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

plus...

50" TV's
xbox
playstation
interwebs
EBT cards
free phones

start taking some of those away and you'll see old school 60's riots, guns or not.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ferguson needs some Rooftop Koreans (tm)
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:39:42 PM EDT
[#25]
2001 Cincinnati Riots

(I worked downtown during this)

ETA- I actually consider this worse than Ferguson as in the Cincinnati riots they were pulling white people out of cars and beating them. They even pulled an African American Albino out of her car and were about to beat on her when they realized what an Albino was.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:45:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Where you carrying?

Anyone else notice that dumbass has the safety on his MP5?
View Quote
Was not Carrying, I was not yet 21

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:46:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

Neither do any number of other "civil outbreaks" that have happened but are under reported. They all might not be big but they are much more numerous and pretty much accepted as normal and justified.

Plus taking in consideration the knock out "games" and mobs robbing stores, I think there is more to our problems than being able to own firearms, not that I'm not greatful for that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:22:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Neither do any number of other "civil outbreaks" that have happened but are under reported. They all might not be big but they are much more numerous and pretty much accepted as normal and justified.

Plus taking in consideration the knock out "games" and mobs robbing stores, I think there is more to our problems than being able to own firearms, not that I'm not greatful for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True but they have not be on the same level of cluster fucktude, which I think we call agree is a great thing..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top