Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Remember most British cops don't have/carry guns...

So as stupid as that sounds, if he wasn't an armed cop then he really doesn't have any more excuse to have it then a regular british subject.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you know that the Canadian guard/soldier that was slaughtered yesterday by the jihadist was not permitted to  have ammo in his rifle?  Same English breed of liberal stupidity.  
View Quote

To be fair that sort of thing isn't exactly unheard of here.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:16:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wow, just wow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell D.C. Can top that.

Years ago a D.C. Police officer was arrested while walking out of the prosecutors office for possession of an unregistered gun.  That gun just happened to be his service revolver issued to him by the police department.  They then discovered six unregistered rounds of ammunition in the gun and charged him with that as well.

This resulted in  THREE DAY jury trial to decide if a police officer can posses a gun issued by the department.  

I'll see if I can find a link on it.

Wow, just wow.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:22:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You mean just like the Old Guard soldiers at the Tomb of the Unknown at Arlington?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you know that the Canadian guard/soldier that was slaughtered yesterday by the jihadist was not permitted to have ammo in his rifle?  Same English breed of liberal stupidity.  

You mean just like the Old Guard soldiers at the Tomb of the Unknown at Arlington?

If they're not armed now or they don't have someone nearby that is armed, heads should roll. But with our current leadership nothing surprises me anymore
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:23:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Someone pissed off The King.
View Quote

Elvis is dead, man.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:23:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell D.C. Can top that.

Years ago a D.C. Police officer was arrested while walking out of the prosecutors office for possession of an unregistered gun.  That gun just happened to be his service revolver issued to him by the police department.  They then discovered six unregistered rounds of ammunition in the gun and charged him with that as well.

This resulted in  THREE DAY jury trial to decide if a police officer can posses a gun issued by the department.  

Wow, just wow.

Please find the link. I've love to see it. That is an amazing level of government stupidity.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:26:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:26:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I guess recent events have shown the Canadians that possessing ammo is not a good thing that could save lives if their parliament building or war memorials are attacked?
View Quote
quoted to preserve the apparent idiocy...

The OPs story is from Britain... not Canada...

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:34:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you know that the Canadian guard/soldier that was slaughtered yesterday by the jihadist was not permitted to have ammo in his rifle?  Same English breed of liberal stupidity.  

Just like some of our Marines in Lebanon, in 1983.
May they rest in peace.
They lost their lives, because of our elected officials' stupidity.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Please find the link. I've love to see it. That is an amazing level of government stupidity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell D.C. Can top that.

Wow, just wow.

I didn't have much luck but I won't give up.  I heard about this from Kevin Jamison.  He is a Missouri Attorney and writes an article called, "It Doesn't Have to Make Sense, It's Just The Law".  If you send him an email he usually answers.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:03:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shhhh.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:10:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, exactly like that.    

At both they have the stabby things on the end of their rifles, so they have that going for them.  I see it worked out well in Canada.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:37:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wonder if they have ammo now?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:39:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Guns are Scary
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:49:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:24:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Probably about some rule or reg.......

Issued Ammo Only and/or ALL ammunition is to be turned into the arsenal at the end of shift!

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:26:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Elvis is dead, man.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone pissed off The King.

Elvis is dead, man.

No man....say it ain't so....I saw him eating in a resturant in LV.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:35:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The Government over there should be freaking ashamed of themselves.
View Quote

In their minds, they just prevented some incredible evil from occurring.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:42:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And the usual suspects will follow to tell us how its no better here and we would be better off with a classy monarchy to rule us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agent_Funky and Bradders will be here shortly to tell us why the cop needed to be arrested.

And the usual suspects will follow to tell us how its no better here and we would be better off with a classy monarchy to rule us.

Yup

that shit makes me want to choke people.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:43:22 AM EDT
[#21]
At least no dogs are being shot, or occupied cribs being flash banged.......
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:53:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Hang on guys, Batman has got this

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:58:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Gentlemen.. we are the luckiest people on earth to live where we live.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:25:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hell D.C. Can top that.

View Quote

I remember reading about that in the WAPO about 15 or so years ago. The officer was a Lieutenant or Captain of Police at the National Art Gallery, if I recall, and had a commission as a "Special Police Officer" issued by the DC Metropolitan Police. SPOs are only allowed to carry firearms while at work.
The guy that got arrested was at work and received a call from the DC Corporation Counsel's office to come over there and talk about a criminal case. While he was meeting with one of the prosecutors in the CCs office, he and the prosecutor got into an argument, and he got up and left. The prosecutor swore out a warrant charging him with carrying a pistol without a license. The trial jury refused to convict, and the guy got his gun (and his job) back. I don't know what happened to the prosecutor, but she (are you surprised?) kept her job, IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:37:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I remember reading about that in the WAPO about 15 or so years ago. The officer was a Lieutenant or Captain of Police at the National Art Gallery, if I recall, and had a commission as a "Special Police Officer" issued by the DC Metropolitan Police. SPOs are only allowed to carry firearms while at work.
The guy that got arrested was at work and received a call from the DC Corporation Counsel's office to come over there and talk about a criminal case. While he was meeting with one of the prosecutors in the CCs office, he and the prosecutor got into an argument, and he got up and left. The prosecutor swore out a warrant charging him with carrying a pistol without a license. The trial jury refused to convict, and the guy got his gun (and his job) back. I don't know what happened to the prosecutor, but she (are you surprised?) kept her job, IIRC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell D.C. Can top that.

May be the same case over in England.  Piss of the wrong people and your being charged on some bullshit technicality.  I would bet any one of us, no matter how squeaky clean we may be, could be arrested and charged with something.  All it takes is someone in a position of authority to decide they want to screw you over.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:59:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I can't afford it, but this article makes me want to order ammo, too.....just because I can!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meanwhile, I ordered 134 lbs of ammunition this morning.

I can't afford it, but this article makes me want to order ammo, too.....just because I can!

It makes me want to order ammo as well, but I can't.  ...coming soon to a place near you- thanks to fucking liberal scumbag fucks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:13:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:38:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Reading the link to the Daily Mail article it states that the police officer was arrested at his home address after ammunition was found in OTHER police officers lockers.

Definately more to this story than initially meets the eye.

btw... Issue 9mm ammunition for the Metroplitan Police is 95 grain Jacketed Softpoint made by Winchester.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#29]

King's Men are allowed to do as they please as long as they don't upset the king.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:52:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Reading the link to the Daily Mail article it states that the police officer was arrested at his home address after ammunition was found in OTHER police officers lockers.

btw... Issue 9mm ammunition for the Metroplitan Police is 95 grain Jacketed Softpoint made by Winchester.
View Quote

95 grain soft point 9mm
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:10:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Did you know that the Canadian guard/soldier that was slaughtered yesterday by the jihadist was not permitted to  have ammo in his rifle?  Same English breed of liberal stupidity.  
View Quote
It is my understanding that Canadian subjects are NOT permitted to  carry or travel with a loaded firearm.

Apparently, in this case guards have equal rights.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:17:21 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll have to tell my cop buddy the next time we shoot his department's FA MP5
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Sounds serious
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean .380
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
You mean .380

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean .380

When I left 2 months ago it was 124grn JHP, and had been for at least a couple of years......

Plus, this whole thing stinks. Sounds like one officer trying to make his colleagues look sloppy/bad for whatever reason....

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#37]
At least they don't have an exception so that off-duty police are allowed things which are illegal for regular folks...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
At least they don't have an exception so that off-duty police are allowed things which are illegal for regular folks...
View Quote

What am I allowed off-duty that you aren't?

Also I don't think off-duty means what you think it means.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Legal or not, you usually have a "flash badge, problem goes away" card to play and civvies don't.  Inter-agency pissing matches excluded, of course.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
When I left 2 months ago it was 124grn JHP, and had been for at least a couple of years......

Plus, this whole thing stinks. Sounds like one officer trying to make his colleagues look sloppy/bad for whatever reason....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean .380

I've been out a good few years but it was 95 grain Winchester jacketed soft points for the Glock 17 and MP5 when I was an AFO.

This story does indeed sound like someone was trying very hard to drop their colleagues in the brown, smelly stuff.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Legal or not, you usually have a "flash badge, problem goes away" card to play and civvies don't.  Inter-agency pissing matches excluded, of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What problems go away with "flash badge"?

Also this isn't addressing the comment above about being allowed things that are illegal for regular folks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I've been out a good few years but it was 95 grain Winchester jacketed soft points for the Glock 17 and MP5 when I was an AFO.

This story does indeed sound like someone was trying very hard to drop their colleagues in the brown, smelly stuff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean .380

Yes it used to be 95 grn FMJ, although oddly we trained with 115grn FMJ. All 124grn JHP now for training and operational...

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen brother
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Flashing your badge off usually causes more trouble than it's worth. I'm so glad now that I'm retired I can tell anyone to go f*&k themselves without getting into trouble...

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We do?

Huh. Never knew that
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Amen brother
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen brother
You clearly haven't been watching your own news.................

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen brother

We have issues yes, but I get to own real guns in real calibers with as much ammo as I can dream of.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

We have issues yes, but I get to own real guns in real calibers with as much ammo as I can dream of.

View Quote
Define real guns in real calibres...

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:07:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean .380

Does sound odd.

Question at the end of a shift as an armed officer in the uk do you have to declare all rounds accounted for and handed in?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#50]
just another unarmed peasant that ran afoul of an all knowing bureaucracy...
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top