Page / 3
Posted: 10/23/2014 8:16:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:19:15 AM EDT
[#1]
How pointy are her elbows?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:21:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Ankle tattoo would be ok.

The "hey look at me I'm a fucking weirdo" piercings, no.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:21:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds slutty.

Pics?

I wouldn't hire someone with facial piercings or face / neck ink for a position interacting with customers.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Voted for the ankle tat.  Small nose piercing without a ring would also be ok.  Sleeves would be ok if they were covered while at work.        

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Not if I have a equally qualified clean skin with the right number of holes (minus no more than two for pierced ears) applying for the job.

Now if I ran a salvage yard that would be a different story. Ex-cons and inkys go with salvage yards like bread and butter.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:22:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:23:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I met a female lawyer with a pretty visible ankle tattoo.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And how was she?

ETA:  Was the ankle tat like the ones you see on the fat broads going into the dollar store?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:24:14 AM EDT
[#10]
The location of the tongue piercing indicates her preference for cock or pussy.
If shebhas one in the front and one in the back she likes both.

That being said, the more weird shit she has the less likely I am to give her a job.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#11]
no,  I'd also not hire anyone that didn't look good/dress/talk nicely either.  when you are the first face someone sees/talks to when they see my business....they are going to see/hear someone who isn't disgusting/distracting.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:25:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Inside office yes, dealing with my customers nope. Unless she was smoking hot.

Sexist? Dam right
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Ankle tat would be ok, all the other stuff is a no go tor me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I good with whatever, but that's likely because I don't give a fuck what people draw on, or stick into, their bodies.   If she can do the job well then everything else is secondary.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I worked for ATT and my boss had face tats and all the piercings etc. It was an office job environment, they made him "remove" the tattoos on his face for the management job there, I guess he had them laser removed or something, they just looked like old/faded tattoos.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Pureskins only, with no extra hardware.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I've been in auto body and paint. Does she breath? Speak passably recognizable English? Shit, she'll fit right in. Most of us were stoned out of our minds on the fumes from the paint most of the time anyway.
Of course that was 30 some years ago.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Of course not.  Anything that detracts from the customer's first impression costs me money.  She's there to MAKE money, not cost it.  Sorry honey, even with big breasts you need to apply elsewhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

. . . and greet customers when they enter.

Of course not.  Anything that detracts from the customer's first impression costs me money.  She's there to MAKE money, not cost it.  Sorry honey, even with big breasts you need to apply elsewhere.
This. Foul mouths tattoos and piercings need not apply at my place.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:34:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Really depends on the person.

This would be ok.

This not so much.

I'd be fine with tongue piercing and ankle tat as well.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#20]
tongue and nose piercings, as long as they are nothing crazy, are fine and so are  tatts as long as they are or can be covered

ETA: Exactally what he said ^^^
My fiance has 7 tattoos and close to 20 piercings but you would never know it unless..well...unless you're me
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#21]
What about nipple rings and nether rings? How about a belly ring? Tramp stamp...I am good with all of them....
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:36:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Depends on the impression it all leaves.

I've seen younger women with a small nose stud or ring working in very professional settings.  The rest of the package worked.

Hell one of my exes was an executive secretary at a pretty big firm, she had a tongue stud, nose ring, all kinds of shit hanging out of her ears, and a bit of ink.  She cleaned up real good other than the hardware, and she was hot with or without the shit.  She was still perfectly acceptable office decoration.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:37:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Short answer; Yes. All of the above.

Same criteria as any other back office employee; do their references check out, are they dependable, are they trustworthy.

Even the clean cut middle aged woman who drives a Camry and goes to church every Sunday can steal from you. The gay guy with full sleeves and gauged ears just might be the best employee you ever had.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:39:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Big ear gauges kill it for me no matter how hot the girl is or how good she would be at her job.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:40:54 AM EDT
[#25]
A front of the house position like a receptionist needs to project the professional image you want for your business. If that includes un-closeted inkies or facial piercers so be it.

In the current job market it is my opinion that such adornments are a liability to the job seeker.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:43:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Short answer; Yes. All of the above.

Same criteria as any other back office employee; do their references check out, are they dependable, are they trustworthy.

Even the clean cut middle aged woman who drives a Camry and goes to church every Sunday can steal from you. The gay guy with full sleeves and gauged ears just might be the best employee you ever had.
View Quote

This isn't a back office job. The scenario as written is for a front desk receptionists.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:44:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This would be ok.
http://piercingidea.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/cute-nose-piercings-ideas.png

This not so much.

http://www.piercingtime.com/images/163/nose-nasallang-septum-and-bridge-piercing.jpg

View Quote

Single nose piercing can be hot on the right face. Face full of large gauge stainless steel: nope, nope, nope.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:48:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:51:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Can they do the job?  If they have to speak to other businesses or the public, do they have the social skills?

If yes, then yes, if no, then no.

ETA: Ha, I didn't even read auto body shop.  I am now thinking 90% of the people in this thread have never turned a wrench or mingled with auto types.  And an auto body shop getting dealer and/or insurance work is shielded from the end customer anyway so it really doesn't matter.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#30]
It would be a case by case decision for me.

Everything in moderation.

If she had some great big ring through her nose, hell no.
Pierced tongue......in a body shop, yeah. That might attract business.
Guaged ears, no. Absolutely not.
Tats..........no face or neck. Anything else is OK as long as the subject matter was not out of control.

I spent most of my adult life living and working in Las Vegas. Things that get people on here fired up were going on there 20 years ago and today I don't think anything of it. If someone on the streets in LV cut off their head I wouldn't have been the least bit shocked or surprised. So my answers may be jaded.  I also worked in a profession where tats were so common that it would have been rare to find someone that didn't have them. In fact the whole city was pretty much like that: it wouldn't have even been on my radar screen to walk into any business and see people working there with everything you have on your list. Every day, every business.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Is a body shop somehow a classy place?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:01:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This would be ok.
http://piercingidea.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/cute-nose-piercings-ideas.png

This not so much.

http://www.piercingtime.com/images/163/nose-nasallang-septum-and-bridge-piercing.jpg

View Quote

I agree with this guy.  A small nose piercing can look nice.  

Neck tats and sleeves..........fuck no!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Facial piercings, no.

Tats? METT-TC.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The tongue thing was actually a PA at a doctors office  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds slutty.

Pics?

I wouldn't hire someone with facial piercings or face / neck ink for a position interacting with customers.
The tongue thing was actually a PA at a doctors office  

I would have tried to get my cock sucked by her....
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:13:21 AM EDT
[#35]
It's an auto body shop.  Did she shower that morning?  Does her hair look nice?  Can she have a conversation without heavy use of slang?  If so than she is already ahead of the game
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#36]
If they had the resume to prove they were kick-ass at the job, sure.  Off the street? No.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
And how was she?

ETA: Was the ankle tat like the ones you see on the fat broads going into the dollar store?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And how was she?

ETA: Was the ankle tat like the ones you see on the fat broads going into the dollar store?

This and trailer parks are what I associate ankle tattoos with. They're a really big turn off.  Pasty white chicken legs with a big 32 pack Milwaukee's Best gut....gross.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:27:18 AM EDT
[#38]
If its just a phone/clerical job that is one thing if She is the public face of the company --the first person potential customers deal with I personally think that stuff like that can create a bad 1st
impression and potentially put a customer off. Especially older customers, way way back I was told no beards no visible tats and no piercing's most of our client is older homeowners and they associate

tats and piercing with ex-cons and people you do not want in your home. We have had customers call up and say "nope don't want this guy" just because something like a mustache put them off.

We had guy that applied at the one company that had neck and arm tattoos and the giant hole/shower ring thing in his ear lobe and was told sorry-- you might be the absolute best plumber in the world but we wont hire you. It was their policy --no visible tats or piercing period. You turn yourself into a Queequeg homage you may just put some people off.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:31:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Nothing above the neck.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#40]
I was about to say no, unless it was an auto shop.  Especially a custom auto body shop.  That would be part of the décor.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#41]
how are they at doing their job?

if they can knock it out of the park, I don't give a shit.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#42]
That is a big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Tats are certainly more mainstream than a number of yrs ago but a professional environment is needed in an office/business setting. Having lots of or large tats or piercings all over does not at all look professional. Looks like someone with issues in many cases, esp. with females. There are some exceptions to this but if you are going to get shit loads of tats make sure you can cover them up with normal business attire or understand you may be relegated to only getting certain types of jobs. I am a manager for a large healthcare business. I'm also a soldier (NCO) and not apposed to tattoos by any means but you got to be smart about it. Piercing is same, use some freaking common sense and discretion.  Get that shit all over your neck, face and hands and simply accept you will be working in tattoo shops, biker shops and bars or other places where that is common and accepted. It may not be all warm fuzzy and inclusive but it's reality. You may be a good person and an acceptable worker but based on your appearance I would not hire you anymore than I will hire anyone who comes in to an interview wearing pajama pants (yes its happened) or otherwise dressed like shit.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Depends on how tasteful all the mods are.

These two have similar sized piercings, just different jewelry. Easy enough to swap around. Assuming their good workers.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Any ink or piercing (visible or not) makes them unsuitable for working with my customers.  I worked hard to get here, and I do not hire people that I believe may offend or scare away customers.  I also choose not to hire people that I do not believe are capable of making good decisions.  Having ink or a piercing places them in that category.

As was said earlier, you may be the best at what you do, but I will not hire you.

Lots of other places will hire you, good luck.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I was about to say no, unless it was an auto shop.  Especially a custom auto body shop.  That would be part of the décor.

View Quote

Are these places inky hang outs?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't have an office, but if I did I wouldn't.

I have always wondered what kind of family unit allowed self mutilation.

Every now and then while flipping channels I pass through the Jerry Springer show and think, "Well"?

Of course I'm old and frequently have gas. As I achieve more and more seniority I am reminded of how grouchy my grandfather became in his old age. It all makes sense to me know.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#50]
No Gauges in ears ..

Everything else would hire.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top