BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Same here. I've rode motorcycles since I was 6 yrs old and have had one type or another since then.

I ride and I love it. No way am I defending the rider. It's just all the blame the rider and ignore the car in his lane... Well it is ridiculous.

View Quote

Hang them both from town square.

Well, I guess not the motorcycle guy.

Frankly I can't tell shit from that video, but that bike was moving pretty good.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:38:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Frankly I can't tell shit from that video, but that bike was moving pretty good.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same here. I've rode motorcycles since I was 6 yrs old and have had one type or another since then.
I ride and I love it. No way am I defending the rider. It's just all the blame the rider and ignore the car in his lane... Well it is ridiculous.

Sure write the biker a speeding ticket (if he had lived) or in this case, leaving the scene of an accident. As for the car, improper lane usage caused a fatal accident. The car had plenty of room to safely passed the speeding cycle and the parked cycles. They negligently drove into oncoming traffic causing the accident.

I've worked many accidents and in this case the car traveling partially in the wrong lane caused the accident. The bike has a contributing factor of speed but fault would have been the cars.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quick question, what's the speed limit on that section of Hwy? How fast was the bike going? Also, who was in their lane of travel and who wasn't?
I agree the bike was going a little fast but not even close to 100mph like someone here posted. His speed didn't cause the accident. His speed did hinder his ability to swerve and miss the car in his lane.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will say that if the rider had been following the speed limit me would have been able to avoid that. If you want to race take it to a closed circuit. Sure the car was at fault but the biker wasn't so innocent either in the whole event.

Quick question, what's the speed limit on that section of Hwy? How fast was the bike going? Also, who was in their lane of travel and who wasn't?
I agree the bike was going a little fast but not even close to 100mph like someone here posted. His speed didn't cause the accident. His speed did hinder his ability to swerve and miss the car in his lane.

Bullshit.  

Had he not been balls-to-the-walls hauling ass, he would have easily avoided that slow moving car.  He was going waaaaaay too fast for a public road and had no time to avoid it.

Motorcycle rider here.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Squids.

Can't say much more than that.
View Quote

While the bike rider appears to be speeding, there is no denying that the car was over the line.  Both are at fault.  I don't give any quarter to squids, whether they are in the saddle or behind the wheel.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Everyone (bike riders in particular) seems to be missing the fact the girlfriend who made the video appears to have been standing right in the right lane of traffic.  The car HAD to go around her, and the dead guy just happened to come around the curve at that moment.  Several coincidences all converged to kill him.  Blaming the car's driver is silly.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was relatively close to the line, yes, but that car was WAY over the line. Were they giving room for the bystanders? probably. They were still out in the middle of the road though. That said, I don't think that type of riding (or driving for that matter) on a public road is appropriate or wise, regardless of ones prior experience.

Everyone (bike riders in particular) seems to be missing the fact the girlfriend who made the video appears to have been standing right in the right lane of traffic.  The car HAD to go around her, and the dead guy just happened to come around the curve at that moment.  Several coincidences all converged to kill him.  Blaming the car's driver is silly.  

Yup.  Is the driver supposed to miss those people by inches?  Car was going around the bikes and GF right at the side of the road.  I'm sure everyone here gives pedestrians and bicyclists distance as they drive by as well.  Just so happens at that very moment he came blasting through.

A very unfortunate case of horrible timing.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Both were over the line, motorcycle was probably going too fast.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes it is. A car was in the wrong lane of travel causing a head on collision.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if the car had stayed in his lane the bike would have still hit it? Uhhh no. Cars fault 100%.

Now the bikes speed did keep him from being able to swerve and miss the car in his lane. But the car was in his lane.

Who's fault would it have been had it been a boulder in the road?

You are responsible for operating your vehicle in a manner to stop within your sight distance.

Assuming there will be no road hazards or other stupid drivers and doing racing tricks is dumb, really dumb.

If you do that, then you are partially to blame.

ETA::If I am speeding but have the right of way and some guy does a left turn in front of me and I hit him, I am partially to blame.

Its really simple.

Yes it is. A car was in the wrong lane of travel causing a head on collision.

Which was made worse by the fact the bike was not driving in an unsafe manner.

If he had been driving reasonably, with his head on a swivel, he might not have died due to the error of someone else.

But, he was playing "race bike" and thus wasn't able to avoid a collision.

Unexpected things happen on the road.  Keep pretending like they won't and eventually it will catch up with you.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Bullshit.  

Had he not been balls-to-the-walls hauling ass, he would have easily avoided that slow moving car.  He was going waaaaaay too fast for a public road and had no time to avoid it.

Motorcycle rider here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will say that if the rider had been following the speed limit me would have been able to avoid that. If you want to race take it to a closed circuit. Sure the car was at fault but the biker wasn't so innocent either in the whole event.

Bullshit.  

Motorcycle rider here.

So what part of my post are you saying is BS?

ETA
The parked bikes/riders are clearly off the pavement and in the dirt. The speeding motorcyle is hugging the center line but clearly in his lane. The car is clearly straddling the center lane.
And who's fault is it?
Yes, the bike would have a contributing factor of speed, the fault would be the car for traveling into oncoming traffic.
I'll be the first to say there are tons of idiots on sportbikes snd in cars.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I ride motorcycles and I can't defend the motorcyclist.  You have to ride responsibly.  You can get your kicks without being a hazard to others pretty easily.

Car drivers perform a lot of stupid shit and so do motorcyclists.  

Outside of hanging out with motorcyclists after a ride or just traveling with a well respected buddy, I'd rather have nothing to do with the motorcycle crowd.  You have to be really choosy because there are some real dumbasses out there that think that they can ride.

If people act all squiddy I refuse to ride with them.
View Quote

This, and I can't even say I fault the car for being partly in the other lane.  Around here it is expected to give berth to stopped cars, pedestrians, construction workers, police, farm equipment, etc.

If the rider wasn't hugging the inside lane, he would have been in a better position to avoid a completely normal highway event: going around roadside hazards.  If he wasn't going extremely fast, both people would have had more time to react.  What do you want to bet that the rider crossed the line in the middle of the turn?  I'll wager he did, and he was only back in his lane because he was coming out of the curve and applying throttle.

Lanes are pretty wide.  Most lanes in a road are wide enough for 2 vehicles.  Not going to lay fault on the driver for this.  Period.  Biker had plenty of room to make better choices and avoid the collision.  He left himself zero outs.

I don't ride my bike like that for a reason.  This is reason #235.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Israel does not have a recreational track within its borders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody coming from the opposite direction at track days.

The rider would still be around had he considered this option.

Israel does not have a recreational track within its borders.

Different rules apply on the two way track.  This rider learned the hard way.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
yup. going way to fast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is another fatal motorcycle accident. The mother releases her sons helmet cam footage for safety. This one happens real quick.

(accident is at @2.47)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0d0_1409840751

DWI. Driving while an idiot

yup. going way to fast.

Hell I watched the entire thing.  Mom says 'I know he rode fast and loved speed' and 'the driver pulled out and he didn't have time to take evasive action'.

Well if he wasn't driving like an asshole, he'd have had plenty of time to not ram a car.

then later 'motorists need to slow down and look before they turn'.  implying it was the other guys fault her 38 year old kid superman'd into the fucking woods

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#12]
GD hates motorcyclists, so despite the fact that the car was so far over that it's passenger side tires were nearly on the centerline, it had to be the motorcyclists fault.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
GD hates motorcyclists, so despite the fact that the car was so far over that it's passenger side tires were nearly on the centerline, it had to be the motorcyclists fault.
View Quote

The mental gymnastics are astounding.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree with the above sentiment about GD, but....

I fault both.

The car for being idiots. There is NO reason to go into oncoming lanes of traffic, short of a physical blockage of your lane. Just slow down to 5-10mph and go by those guys.

The biker for doing his best trackday impression on a public road and not being able to avoid the hazard. I understand they don't have tracks over there, but even here where there are a large number of track days, riders do this on a daily basis.

I used to do exactly what that guy was doing. This was back in the '90's before track days really became available in 98-00 time frame. Then I started racing. Then I quit riding on the street after picking enough people out of the ditch and having my share of close calls.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#15]
The entitlement and victim mentality among some motorcyclists is fucking hilarious.

We had people here defending the felons on stolen bikes during the NYC biker attack incident, remember.

That retard won the stupid jackpot, negative fucks given.

His estate owes me fucks.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You see it all the time here,  if it's something they don't like it's obviously their fault.

The hypocrisy by some of the members here is truly sad at times.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#17]
The most stupid thing that happened that day was dumb fuck who got on the bike was a dumb fuck for getting on a bike.

I graduated high school in '98.   Have had ELEVEN friends killed on bikes.  It does not make a fuck who's right or wrong when the guy on the bike loses every time....
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or as stated earlier BOTH parties contributed to this

1. Car should have been more in his lane

2. Biker should have been going the speed limit

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I fault both.

The car for being idiots. There is NO reason to go into oncoming lanes of traffic, short of a physical blockage of your lane. Just slow down to 5-10mph and go by those guys.

The biker for doing his best trackday impression on a public road and not being able to avoid the hazard. I understand they don't have tracks over there, but even here where there are a large number of track days, riders do this on a daily basis.

I used to do exactly what that guy was doing. This was back in the '90's before track days really became available in 98-00 time frame. Then I started racing. Then I quit riding on the street after picking enough people out of the ditch and having my share of close calls.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I fault both.

Yep.

Expect people to do stupid things.  Period.

This goes for walking, biking, motorcycling, driving a car, driving a dump truck, drive a boat...what ever.

Right of way means nothing if you are in a body bag!

If your life depends on assuming no unforeseen situations, you are doing it wrong!  Look out for yourself, assholes abound.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everyone had some fault,  everyone could have prevented it
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#21]
The bottom line is, and I don't think some of the bike defenders here are grasping it, is that people do stupid stuff. They have lapses in judgment. They make mistakes.

Care to guess how many accidents I've avoided that would have been the other person's fault? A bunch.

I avoided those (and some would/could have killed me) because I was driving conservatively and paying attention. You are ultimately responsible for your safety because if you're dead, it doesn't really matter to you whose fault it was.

If the cyclist had been riding appropriately, he could have avoided the accident that was the auto driver's fault.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Some people say the motorcyclist should have expected a vehicle might have been in his lane when coming around the turn.  

That goes both ways.

The car driver should have expected a motorcycle coming around that turn at a high rate of speed, hugging the centerline.  The driver might have even watched several go by just like that beforehand.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:08:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, bikes can kill you if you're stupid (I rode for years)...

Anyone post this one yet?

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:18:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

THIS

Change the bike to a cop car or ambulance speeding trying to get somewhere and I'd wager a large amount the responses would be different.........
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Zooming in ^^^ it appears that the biker was looking at the other bikes and not straight forward, for an ergo second.  All tolerances got stacked against him
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Old bikers understand the laws of physics and human nature.

I've never gotten upset when someone pulls out in front of me or pushes me out of my lane.  It happens, expect it.

But those damn squirls, they just like to fuck with ya.  They dart back and forth playing some kinda of game of chicken or something.  Bastards.
View Quote

Chaos personified

As for the accident in the OP, the car was essentially a stationary object given the relative speeds involved.  If there had been a broken-down vehicle in the same spot, I doubt the outcome would have been much different.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So, the bikes were off the road the car was in the bikes lane. 100% cars fault.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So they were doing this on an open public road?  No fucks given.

As usual car over the line had no bearing on the accident, correct?
Like the usual story around here. Rider was not wearing a helmet. They just happen to leave out he was sitting on the side of the road when a drunk crossed the double yellow and plowed in to him.

Car was obviously giving space for people on the side of the road.

Are you on crack?  The motorcyclist was doing 100+ mph on a public road and road the line as well.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

THIS

Change the bike to a cop car or ambulance speeding trying to get somewhere and I'd wager a large amount the responses would be different.........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS

How much would you wager?  I garun-fucking-tee if the cop car or amberlamps was speeding at 100+ mph for the fuck of it and crashed the responses would be even more harsh than they are now.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yeah, bikes can kill you if you're stupid (I rode for years)...
Anyone post this one yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukA57DwcOJw

View Quote

That dude got handed his darwin award, personally.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#30]
ntxt
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Both are in the middle of the road.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#32]
If you are older than 10 and have ever driven on roads, you realize how bad people drive in cars. So what in the fuck would make you want to take away any of the protection you have (seatbelts, airbags etc), hop on a bike, and zoom around twisty ass roads.

Common sense people.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please tell me how the biker doing the speed limit would change anything.

And while I agree that the biker may have been speeding, he was completely in his lane.

Look at avatar. I ride. I know that a bike riding the center line is dangerous, and a fast turn can have a riders bike being physically in his lane, his head may be over the centerline. Bad, bad juju.

So both parties are at fault, but the car is the one overwhelmingly at fault. 90/10.

Most of GD knee jerk to motorcyclists are all wrong, but that's not surprising since most of GD knee jerks to everything.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If you are older than 10 and have ever driven on roads, you realize how bad people drive in cars. So what in the fuck would make you want to take away any of the protection you have (seatbelts, airbags etc), hop on a bike, and zoom around twisty ass roads.

Common sense people.
View Quote

Yeah, it must be one hell of a lot of fun that causes people to throw caution to the wind like that.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I know two people who were killed on motorcycles.

One was a distant relative who was sucked under an 18 wheel tractor trailer on the highway about ten years ago.  Wasn't much left of him.

The other was an old family friend who died very mysteriously 20 years ago.  Very experienced rider.  He apparently went off the road and down into a ravine, and was killed on impact with a tree.  They found him several days later (after a lengthy search when he went missing), sitting upright on his bike dead.  I still wonder to this day if someone didn't run him off the road on purpose.

Be careful on those things.  
View Quote

If you said that happened 40 years ago instead of 20 I would say I knew the guy.  When I was in college an old friend's boyfriend died the same way.  The highway went down a steep grade and narrowed from 4 lanes into a two lane bridge across a 200ft ravine, then into a 90 degree turn on the other side where many people who missed the turn have hit a cliff face.  If he had been running too fast he should have made the bridge and smashed into the rock face on the other side, but he simply missed the bridge and went into the ravine.

Nobody could figure out how he could miss the bridge and go off into the ravine.  The only explanations were that he deliberately drove off the edge or that he was forced off the road and over the edge.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#36]
I know I'm just a damn dirty "cager" and all, bro,  but when I come up on a group of people loitering next to the road with their bikes or other vehicles parked barely off the pavement, I slow down a bit, cross over to the other lane if there is no oncoming traffic, and give them space.  I keep an eye on them to make sure no one does something stupid. and I hit someone.  

Sure, a mountain road might not be a safe place to give space and cross over like the stupid cager did, but I doubt he was expecting someone to come busting ass around the corner at high speed.

flame on, donorcycle pilots.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

ETA
The parked bikes/riders are clearly off the pavement and in the dirt. The speeding motorcyle is hugging the center line but clearly in his lane. The car is clearly straddling the center lane.
And who's fault is it?
Yes, the bike would have a contributing factor of speed, the fault would be the car for traveling into oncoming traffic.
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mototard/media/E65D5082-EBFC-4EC2-B657-83921254125E_zps6msnxnje.png.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/mototard/E65D5082-EBFC-4EC2-B657-83921254125E_zps6msnxnje.png</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit.  

Motorcycle rider here.

ETA
And who's fault is it?
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mototard/media/E65D5082-EBFC-4EC2-B657-83921254125E_zps6msnxnje.png.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/mototard/E65D5082-EBFC-4EC2-B657-83921254125E_zps6msnxnje.png</a>

Yes the car went over the line, giving the motorcycles and people at the side of the road room - perfectly predictable.  Avoiding road hazards or things is part of driving.  It appeared safe to do so when the car was giving them room.

The motorcycle was going way way way too fast.  Had it been going the speed limit or a reasonable speed, the car and bike would have easily avoided each other.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Then look at impact time:
<a href="http://s207.photobucket.com/user/mdar15manager/media/Bike2_zps24728629.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb277/mdar15manager/Bike2_zps24728629.jpg</a>

Car is just one the line on it's side.
View Quote

I bet he was internally decapitated. That's a LOT of stretch.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like the usual story around here. Rider was not wearing a helmet. They just happen to leave out he was sitting on the side of the road when a drunk crossed the double yellow and plowed in to him.

This.  Cyclist was operating at a manifestly unsafe speed for the conditions.  The bunch of people on the shoulder cause a cautious driver to edge away and cross the line never having reason to anticipate the kamikaze mosquito heading his way.

Cascade fuckup.  That's why People drive cages.  To have a snowball's chance when cascade failures happen.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#43]
So the car was giving some space to the people stopped on the side of the road.  That is normal, most people do this rather than pass within a foot of people on the side of the road that might trip/fall or step into the roadway at any moment, especially if those people are obviously not paying attention to the car.  In this case, at least one person was fixated on a camera and facing AWAY from the car entirely; obviously not paying attention to oncoming traffic on their side of the road, and that is a damn good reason for the driver of the car to give those people a wide berth.  The car was obviously driving quite slowly and was not speeding, they were cautiously passing stopped vehicles and people on their side of the road.

Now, the motorcyclist comes around a blind corner at a high rate of speed, and hits the vehicle.  Sure, you could blame the car driver for crossing the centerline to avoid passing extremely close to obviously distracted people on the side of the road, but the reason why the car was partially in that lane doesn't even matter - all you have to consider is that this was a public road, and at any point in time there could be a vehicle stopped dead in the middle of EITHER lane, due to a variety of reasons; deer crossing the road, a car accident blocking the road, or a car that broke down and couldn't move out of the lane. Hell, if there was a car travelling the SAME direction as the motorcyclist, they could have been waiting to take a left at that spot, to turn into the same little area that the other people were stopped at (park of some kind?), and could be waiting for oncoming traffic to pass so they could turn.  The point is, it's a public roadway and hazards can be anywhere along the road for a variety of reasons.

The speed limit on that corner was likely even lower than the general speed limit on that stretch of road during straights, because it was a blind corner. Why? Because the speed limit is adjusted to allow people to identify unexpected hazards in the road and stop/avoid them.  And this, boys and girls, is why you don't drive way over the speed limit around blind corners on a public road.  I would assume this is common sense, but apparently common sense isn't too common anymore.  Suffice to say, if you drive around blind corners way over the speed limit as a habit, you will eventually end up in a similar situation as this guy; you will come around a corner too fast, there will be a hazard in the way, and you will be unable to stop or avoid the hazard because you are travelling too fast to react (or for the cause of the hazard to react either, if that's even possible, as was the case in this video).
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Really, we are lucky each time any of us comes around a blind corner, even at the speed limit or well under it.  It's just by pure luck that there isn't a broken down vehicle, large road debris, a fallen tree, or somebody simply stopped in the road to save a turtle.

Think about that each time you come around a blind turn.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Might want to read up on the definition of murder.  

Guy on the bike was show boating for the camera and riding above his abilities. When you ride on the public road, you have to account for what everyone else on that road might do, if you want to survive in one piece.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Idiot in the cage was obviously at fault and murdered that guy on the bike. He probably said "I didn't see him" never mind the cager didn't stay in his own lane. Probably got a failure to yield ticket and $300 fine.  
Might want to read up on the definition of murder.  

Guy on the bike was show boating for the camera and riding above his abilities. When you ride on the public road, you have to account for what everyone else on that road might do, if you want to survive in one piece.

Exactly.

It isn't up to everyone else on the road to prepare nor account for your fucking stupidity. If you are going to go to a place like this with the intent to do what you are doing then you should expect that you have put yourself in danger, after all, you wouldn't be doing it in the first place if the risk, (and resulting "glory"), didn't exist.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#47]
I bet all his buddies are blaming it on the "cager" as if the biker was completely not at fault.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

That's some shit. The car was illegally over the line and in his lane. Fuck cagers. Only thing better would be if the caged was talking on the cell whilst applying makeup. Rip
View Quote
Yea because him riding ON the line at an absurd speed is the "cagers" fault. I guess all "cagers" should just assume all bikers are riding like idiot fuckheads.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

This.  Cyclist was operating at a manifestly unsafe speed for the conditions.  The bunch of people on the shoulder cause a cautious driver to edge away and cross the line never having reason to anticipate the kamikaze mosquito heading his way.

Cascade fuckup.  That's why People drive cages.  To have a snowball's chance when cascade failures happen.
View Quote
+1

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Are you on crack?  The motorcyclist was doing 100+ mph on a public road and road the line as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

100+mph bet is closer to 60 mph, and you ask if I'm on crack?
Don't know why I'm going to waste time with you but the cause of the accident was a vehicle traveling in the wrong lane. The bikes speed was excessive but was not the cause of the accident.
If the car had been in its lane the accident wouldn't have happened. Pretty damn simple, well it should be.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top