Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No racetracks in Israel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody coming from the opposite direction at track days.

The rider would still be around had he considered this option.

No racetracks in Israel.

That's no reason for scooter trash to treat public roads like they are race tracks.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:31:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Might want to read up on the definition of murder.  

Guy on the bike was show boating for the camera and riding above his abilities. When you ride on the public road, you have to account for what everyone else on that road might do, if you want to survive in one piece.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Idiot in the cage was obviously at fault and murdered that guy on the bike. He probably said "I didn't see him" never mind the cager didn't stay in his own lane. Probably got a failure to yield ticket and $300 fine.  
Might want to read up on the definition of murder.  

Guy on the bike was show boating for the camera and riding above his abilities. When you ride on the public road, you have to account for what everyone else on that road might do, if you want to survive in one piece.

Thanks for bringing logic to this thread!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So, the bikes were off the road the car was in the bikes lane. 100% cars fault.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So they were doing this on an open public road?  No fucks given.

As usual car over the line had no bearing on the accident, correct?
Like the usual story around here. Rider was not wearing a helmet. They just happen to leave out he was sitting on the side of the road when a drunk crossed the double yellow and plowed in to him.

Car was obviously giving space for people on the side of the road.

Not 100%. The dead guy's speed and lane position are definitely contributing factors.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

lol Except his whole lane on the right. The bike was on the freaking line when they collided.

Was the car speeding?

Was the bike?

You guys are hilarious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The car was in the middle of the road didn't give the bike anywhere to go.

lol Except his whole lane on the right. The bike was on the freaking line when they collided.

Was the car speeding?

Was the bike?

You guys are hilarious.

Why yes you are.
Who was in who's lane?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Charge the girlfriend and his budds with accessory to manslaughter. I'm sure there are some laws against stunt riding in public roads. That's what he was doing. Stunt riding.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Those of you fellow riders, who think this was all the cars fault, need to consider not riding ever again.    Drivers do stupid shit, all of them; be ready for it.    If you are only worried about controlling your bike/vehicle, and not anticipating the other guy being in the wrong, you are going to end up like our hero in this video.  

You may not like that, but that's reality.   We don't live in an ideal world.

ETA: The driver looked to be avoiding the people and bikes too close to the side of the road, for fear one might come out of no where.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why yes you are.

Who was in who's lane?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The car was in the middle of the road didn't give the bike anywhere to go.

Was the car speeding?

Was the bike?

You guys are hilarious.

Why yes you are.

Who was in who's lane?
The bike was speeding.

His dangerous driving contributed to his death.

To suggest otherwise is silly.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:53:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LOL
Gayest fucking thing ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Idiot in the cage was obviously at fault and murdered that guy on the bike. He probably said "I didn't see him" never mind the cager didn't stay in his own lane. Probably got a failure to yield ticket and $300 fine.  

LOL
Gayest fucking thing ever.

The whole riding community uses that term.  Its has about the same meaning as neck-beard does here and sounds no more stupid.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Those of you fellow riders, who think this was all the cars fault, need to consider not riding ever again.    Drivers do stupid shit, all of them, be ready for it.    If you are only worried about controlling your bike/vehicle, and not anticipating the other guy being in the wrong, you are going to end up like our hero in this video.  

You may long like that, but that's reality.   We don't live in an ideal world.
View Quote
Yep.

That's why speed limits exist.

That's why advisory speed limits exist.

Ignore them at your peril.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I will say that if the rider had been following the speed limit me would have been able to avoid that. If you want to race take it to a closed circuit. Sure the car was at fault but the biker wasn't so innocent either in the whole event.
View Quote

Quick question, what's the speed limit on that section of Hwy? How fast was the bike going? Also, who was in their lane of travel and who wasn't?
I agree the bike was going a little fast but not even close to 100mph like someone here posted. His speed didn't cause the accident. His speed did hinder his ability to swerve and miss the car in his lane.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Everyone (bike riders in particular) seems to be missinkg the fact the girlfriend who made the video appears to have been standing right in the right lane of traffic.  The car HAD to go around her, and the dead guy just happened to come around the curve at that moment.  Several coincidences all converged to kill him.  Blaming the car's driver is silly.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was relatively close to the line, yes, but that car was WAY over the line. Were they giving room for the bystanders? probably. They were still out in the middle of the road though. That said, I don't think that type of riding (or driving for that matter) on a public road is appropriate or wise, regardless of ones prior experience.

Everyone (bike riders in particular) seems to be missinkg the fact the girlfriend who made the video appears to have been standing right in the right lane of traffic.  The car HAD to go around her, and the dead guy just happened to come around the curve at that moment.  Several coincidences all converged to kill him.  Blaming the car's driver is silly.  

My thougnts exactly.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:58:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Young dude with waaaaay too much testosterone hot dogging on public roads showing off for his tail that he plans to nail that evening=Factor #1
WTF dumb ass in car going down the middle of the F---ing road approaching a blind curve=Factor #2

1 + 2 =
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#13]
The car was wrong, but it doesn't matter.  

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not 100%. The dead guy's speed and lane position are definitely contributing factors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As usual car over the line had no bearing on the accident, correct?
Like the usual story around here. Rider was not wearing a helmet. They just happen to leave out he was sitting on the side of the road when a drunk crossed the double yellow and plowed in to him.

Car was obviously giving space for people on the side of the road.

So if the car had stayed in his lane the bike would have still hit it? Uhhh no. Cars fault 100%.
Now the bikes speed did keep him from being able to swerve and miss the car in his lane. But the car was in his lane.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:05:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So if the car had stayed in his lane the bike would have still hit it? Uhhh no. Cars fault 100%.

Now the bikes speed did keep him from being able to swerve and miss the car in his lane. But the car was in his lane.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who's fault would it have been had it been a boulder in the road?
You are responsible for operating your vehicle in a manner to stop within your sight distance.
Assuming there will be no road hazards or other stupid drivers and doing racing tricks is dumb, really dumb.
If you do that, then you are partially to blame.

ETA::If I am speeding but have the right of way and some guy does a left turn in front of me and I hit him, I am partially to blame.

Its really simple.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Camera man (or woman) fail for turning the lens away and not showing the whole thing!
I love to see good motorcycle carnage
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
With all of his buddies parked and hugging the edge of the road I'm not surprised at all. People tend to drift away from pedestrians milling around on the shoulder. Sad all the way around but avoidable on several levels.
View Quote

Yes and at least ONE of his buddies could have tried to moderate on coming traffic....but instead of doing that they were too fixiated on filming and being slack jawed grab assing dumbassess on the side of the road.  Its pretty clear that the car was veering in the other lane so as to avoid hitting the mass of pedestrians congregating on the side of the road.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:18:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes and at least ONE of his buddies could have tried to moderate on coming traffic....but instead of doing that they were too fixiated on filming and being slack jawed grab assing dumbassess on the side of the road.  Its pretty clear that the car was veering in the other lane so as to avoid hitting the mass of pedestrians congregating on the side of the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With all of his buddies parked and hugging the edge of the road I'm not surprised at all. People tend to drift away from pedestrians milling around on the shoulder. Sad all the way around but avoidable on several levels.

Motorcyclist are like the FSA. Only blame others and accept zero fault themselves.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Why can't people just lead regular lives without doing stupid stuff like what we see in this or the other motorcycle thread that's hovering around page one?
This guy just died and his girlfriend got to witness his stupidity-fueled death
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

DWI. Driving while an idiot
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is another fatal motorcycle accident. The mother releases her sons helmet cam footage for safety. This one happens real quick.

(accident is at @2.47)
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0d0_1409840751

DWI. Driving while an idiot

yup. going way to fast.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#21]
I ride motorcycles and I can't defend the motorcyclist.  You have to ride responsibly.  You can get your kicks without being a hazard to others pretty easily.

Car drivers perform a lot of stupid shit and so do motorcyclists.  

Outside of hanging out with motorcyclists after a ride or just traveling with a well respected buddy, I'd rather have nothing to do with the motorcycle crowd.  You have to be really choosy because there are some real dumbasses out there that think that they can ride.

If people act all squiddy I refuse to ride with them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Bike still had plenty of room. Car moved over to give space for the stopped bikes, they couldn't realistically have anticipated an oncoming vehicle travelling 3-5 times the prevailing speed on that road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Bike still had plenty of room. Car moved over to give space for the stopped bikes, they couldn't realistically have anticipated an oncoming vehicle travelling 3-5 times the prevailing speed on that road.

This.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:47:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I ride motorcycles and I can't defend the motorcyclist.  You have to ride responsibly.  You can get your kicks without being a hazard to others pretty easily.

Outside of hanging out with motorcyclists after a ride or just traveling with a well respected buddy, I'd rather have nothing to do with the motorcycle crowd.  You have to be really choosy because there are some real dumbasses out there that think that they can ride.

View Quote

same experience here.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:48:29 AM EDT
[#24]
I ride but thats stupid to do on a public street.  Sure the car was ON THE LINE not over but shit happens with opposing traffic dont be there when it does
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a lot of family and friends that ride.  I don't, myself, because I don't see the value in it versus the risk.  

If you ride, whether here or there, then you better be prepared to take a higher amount of risk of death from an accident, period.  This would lead most people, at least the ones that don't want to die, to presume they need to be more aware of their surroundings and more prepared to take evasive actions, if needed.  

The decision of the ones on this thread to want to focus on placing blame on the car driver is really pointless.  You know that drivers, both motorcyclists and car drivers, are reckless and dangerous.  You know that, if you're the motorcyclist, you're going to be the one paying the price, whether it's your fault or the car driver's fault.  Act accordingly and take this as a lesson that you should be aware of your surroundings and follow the rules when on a bike.  

Everything else really doesn't matter, because you're dead.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Looks to me like the car was dealing safely with the nearest concern, the crowd on the roadside.  Motofag zipped around the corner and was on an unavoidable collision course before the driver ever even saw him.  

Sure a cop should probably write the car driver a ticket for crossing over the center line.  But the deceased won the prize he was competing for when he decided to play on the road.  No criminal charges for the driver.  The dead guys friends though deserve a trip to see a judge.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Car crossed the lane, bike lost driver now lives to remember they fucked up and killed someone. Sad
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
As usual, car over the line had no bearing on the accident, correct? After all it was a public road. The driver should be cited for manslaughter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

As usual, car over the line had no bearing on the accident, correct? After all it was a public road. The driver should be cited for manslaughter.

Had he been traveling at a safe speed, instead of a fucking retard, he'd still be alive.

No fucks given.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:20:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Israel does not have a recreational track within its borders.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#30]
IDGAF - world is slightly better off IMO.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So the Jews really did do this.  
View Quote

...For the last time it seems
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Everyone (bike riders in particular) seems to be missing the fact the girlfriend who made the video appears to have been standing right in the right lane of traffic. The car HAD to go around her, and the dead guy just happened to come around the curve at that moment. Several coincidences all converged to kill him. Blaming the car's driver is silly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He was relatively close to the line, yes, but that car was WAY over the line. Were they giving room for the bystanders? probably. They were still out in the middle of the road though. That said, I don't think that type of riding (or driving for that matter) on a public road is appropriate or wise, regardless of ones prior experience.

Everyone (bike riders in particular) seems to be missing the fact the girlfriend who made the video appears to have been standing right in the right lane of traffic. The car HAD to go around her, and the dead guy just happened to come around the curve at that moment. Several coincidences all converged to kill him. Blaming the car's driver is silly.

She is clearly standing on the shoulder beyond the yellow line.  The problems I see in this video are many.  Showing off for your girlfriend on a motorcycle on a public road is very stupid.  Exceeding the speed limit of the road and limiting your manuverability around a curve is very stupid.  Your riding party not parking far enough off the shoulder to give drivers a wide berth is very stupid.  Driving a car without the ability to properly judge distance and having little to no spatial awareness is very stupid.

Like you said: "Several coincidences all converged to kill him."

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then the rider and his audience probably shouldn't be riding/acting like hes' on one.   That was a real hard one to grasp.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Cager = slang term that bikers sometimes use for people who ride on four wheels instead of two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's some shit. The car was illegally over the line and in his lane. Fuck cagers. Only thing better would be if the caged was talking on the cell whilst applying makeup. Rip

What the hell is a cager?

And the bike was floating right on the line.  Hard to say exactly from the video but he looks real close to it.  Why did he come out of the turn so high?  He had the whole road and the car was giving room for the idiots standing/parked right next to the road.

Cager = slang term that bikers sometimes use for people who ride on four wheels instead of two.

Ride in, not on. That's the reason behind the term.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:30:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Then the rider and his audience probably shouldn't be riding/acting like hes' on one.   That was a real hard one to grasp.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  My post was meant to clarify to James23 that there was no track option.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

It's funny how squids think us cagers are impressed when their shitstain buddies pull a rolling roadblock on I95 so some jackass can do an 90MPH wheelie on the busiest freeway in the U.S.

If you're one of those guys, fuck you. I'm rooting for you to crash. I'm hoping I have my phone. If I manage to catch your dumb ass dying a spectacular fiery death, I'm gonna put the video on youtube. And I'm gonna hold the fucking phone sideways too!
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Had he been traveling at a safe speed, instead of a fucking retard, he'd still be alive.

No fucks given.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No fucks given.

Maybe, maybe not.  If he had been going a safe speed the car would have been much closer or even into the curve.  If the car had still been in the middle of the GD road at that time the rider would still have most likely been pasted.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That's some shit. The car was illegally over the line and in his lane. Fuck cagers. Only thing better would be if the caged was talking on the cell whilst applying makeup. Rip
View Quote

Car was over the line passing the other BIKERS who were sitting on the edge of the road so they could film their buddy.

If the biker hadn't been speeding, he'd still be alive.

If the other bikers hadn't been on the side of the road, he'd still be alive.

The car could have safely passed the bikes and been back in his lane, had oncoming traffic been traveling at appropriate speeds.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Stupid games, stupid prizes. I hope the people in the car were okay.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Maybe, maybe not.  If he had been going a safe speed the car would have been much closer or even into the curve.  If the car had still been in the middle of the GD road at that time the rider would still have most likely been pasted.

View Quote
There was plenty of road for him to avoid the car.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Didn't the car brake the law that caused the accident.

Is there a law that says you must cross the equivalent of a double yellow to give room to people who don't need room?

Going in the opposite lane, no matter the reason is illegal if I understand it unless it's a passing lane, and if it was it would still be the cars fault.  He is supposed to yield to traffic in the other lane.

The biker took the corner fast, but he was hardly on the throttle.  If he was speeding I don't think it was so reckless that the car is innocent.  The biker would have been completely fine had the car not illegally been in his lane.

So let's put this in another perspective.  You're driving down the highway 10 over the limit.  An oncoming car drifts into your lane and fucks your shit up.  All of you are saying it is the speeders fault right?  Cause if the speeder would have been going slower then he could have reacted in time.

This website makes me nauseous some days.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:51:21 AM EDT
[#43]
We have our own highway of death out here in Ca.

This one is called Angeles Crest Highway. It's FAST ridden it many many times. It gets busy on the weekends with exotic car clubs, motorcycle clubs & biking clubs so you can gotta watch out while riding. Usually a wreck every few hours on a busy weekend.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quick question, what's the speed limit on that section of Hwy? How fast was the bike going? Also, who was in their lane of travel and who wasn't?
I agree the bike was going a little fast but not even close to 100mph like someone here posted. His speed didn't cause the accident. His speed did hinder his ability to swerve and miss the car in his lane.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will say that if the rider had been following the speed limit me would have been able to avoid that. If you want to race take it to a closed circuit. Sure the car was at fault but the biker wasn't so innocent either in the whole event.

Hell, even if he and the car both swerved, I don't know if that would have avoided a collision completely. It still looks like it would have been a bike to the rear quarter panel. Probably survivable.

My brother has been in 2 accidents on his motorcycle. The first one, some guy in a truck came flying out of the merge lane and went across 3 lanes in a near diagonal. Hit my brother's bike at the steering neck. My brother tried to swerve to the left as far as he could. On coming traffic prevented going as far as he needed to avoid the truck. The only thing that saved him was his pig of '90 CBR1000 @ 600ish lbs. On a lighter bike he would have been punted.

The other was the standard dumb Floridian pulling out right in front of him. He tried to brake but the front washed out.

I don't ride, I don't trust myself to not act stupid. That said, on a bike you can get yourself into a steering pigeon hole really quick and end up totally screwed.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You are responsible for operating your vehicle in a manner to stop within your sight distance.

Assuming there will be no road hazards or other stupid drivers and doing racing tricks is dumb, really dumb.

ETA::If I am speeding but have the right of way and some guy does a left turn in front of me and I hit him, I am partially to blame.

Its really simple.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its really simple.

Yes it is. A car was in the wrong lane of travel causing a head on collision.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Motorcyclist are like the FSA. Only blame others and accept zero fault themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BS, in this case the motorcycle is not at fault for causing the accident. He is at fault for speeding ( if there is a limit on that road).
The car was partially in the wrong lane causing the collision.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I ride but thats stupid to do on a public street.  Sure the car was ON THE LINE not over but shit happens with opposing traffic dont be there when it does
View Quote

What video did you watch?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#48]
The driver was probably texting too.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

same experience here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

same experience here.

Same here. I've rode motorcycles since I was 6 yrs old and have had one type or another since then.
I ride and I love it. No way am I defending the rider. It's just all the blame the rider and ignore the car in his lane... Well it is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Car was over the line passing the other BIKERS who were sitting on the edge of the road so they could film their buddy.

The car could have safely passed the bikes and been back in his lane, had oncoming traffic been traveling at appropriate speeds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree completely, but you left out that there was zero need for the car to be in the oncoming lane of traffic.
The bikes were off the roadway. They could have passed safely without crossing into oncoming traffic.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top