Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 30
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Just thought I would share the FB post of a rather liberal and pacifist Canadian friend of mine:

The media just released the name of the shooter in Ottawa today. I choose to share the name of the victim. RIP Cpl. Nathan Cirillo and thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Several hours ago, there were reports of other shooters. What came of those reports?
View Quote
The first shooting took place at the War Memorial before the gunman moved across the street and was killed in a shootout at the Parliament building.  Two locations led to belief in two or more shooters.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The first shooting took place at the War Memorial before the gunman moved across the street and was killed in a shootout at the Parliament building.  Two locations led to belief in two or more shooters.    

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Several hours ago, there were reports of other shooters. What came of those reports?

It was a lot more complicated than that.

Witnesses said they think they saw two people exit the car, and there were shots fired reports from the nearby hotel and mall.

Mall apparently didn't happen, but no confirmation on Hotel.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Witnesses said they think they saw two people exit the car, and there were shots fired reports from the nearby hotel and mall.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The police have not, to my knowledge, give the all clear yet.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:52:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I speak Arabic and I'm not hearing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like allahu akbar to me using onboard realtek sound and a Panasonic mini-stereo for speakers. Same using Koss SB-45 headphones.

I speak Arabic and I'm not hearing it.

Ditto.  I do hear what could be alahu akbar (actually only a fraction of it), but it could be a lot of things.  I would def not say it is definitively that.  Sounds more like a cacophony of various voices yelling things.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Local news is reporting this as not being terrorist related.

If it wasn't terrorism I'd like to know the guys motivation? Was he mad about taxes? Did the state take his kids away? What caused this guy to snap?

People don't walk into a government building and start killing people over nothing.

It's terrorism until I hear what this guys motivation was.
View Quote

The hell it wasn't terrorism!

Somebody else photographed him shooting the guard from behind and somehow that photo made its way to ISIS before anywhere else?  What's worse is that there are accomplices at large.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
he loves his dog, makes it even worse for me

View All Quotes

Just showed this pic to my Mom.

She said he looked like a nice guy. And he loved his dog.

Ed

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Somebody else photographed him shooting the guard from behind and somehow that photo made its way to ISIS before anywhere else?  What's worse is that there are accomplices at large.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it wasn't terrorism I'd like to know the guys motivation? Was he mad about taxes? Did the state take his kids away? What caused this guy to snap?

People don't walk into a government building and start killing people over nothing.

I doubt anyone said "it's not terrorist related."

We have all types of members here. Some can't distinguish between "not confirmed as terrorist related" and "not terrorist related."

Certainly looks like a radicalized Muslim now. Where did the apologist go?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wut?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:01:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We have all types of members here. Some can't distinguish between "not confirmed as terrorist related" and "not terrorist related."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just yelling at the newscasters who would like to quickly dismiss this as "other".  

And also I'm yelling at clouds, a lot of yelling at clouds.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Lots of pictures and stories about the soldier that was killed.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rest-In-Peace-Cpl-Nathan-Cirillo/374096932740216

THE FACEBOOK PAGE ALSO CONTAINS A LINK TO A FUNDRAISER. THE INTEGRITY AND LEGITIMACY OF THE FACEBOOK PAGE MAINTAINER AND THE FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN IS UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Wut?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wut?

The background of the image with the terrorist fag looks like the same background as the monument ... interesting
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Careful with those RIP communities on Facebook. A lot of them are setup as scams.

Not saying this one is, just be careful.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Careful with those RIP communities on Facebook. A lot of them are setup as scams.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hence the reason why I did not post a link to their fund raiser.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood. However, the linked Facebook page does.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I edited the post, hopefully that makes it clear that the link is not an endorsement.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The background of the image with the terrorist fag looks like the same background as the monument ... interesting
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wut?

What pic is this? The one ISIS posted? There isn't enough info in the back of the pic to know where it was taken
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#18]
The terms "terrorist" and "terrorism" are being routinely used throughout my local news coverage...
It is what it is.
Cpl. Nathan Cirillo's regimental armory is 10 minutes from my house. People gathering to give their support.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Shooter was a recent snackbar convert.

My shocked face.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Blame that on the jackass who's currently living at 1600 pennsylvania avenue right now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

At least in Canada, terrorists seem to leave in bags.

As opposed to being fed, housed and coddled by our government here.

If there is another gunman, I hope they find him and put him down before he hurts anyone else.

Blame that on the jackass who's currently living at 1600 pennsylvania avenue right now.

Bush did it too.  Most of the rest of the world, including nations that tend more liberal (Canada included) has no qualm about anchor shots for terrorists.  For some reason, we have a problem sending terrorists to hell.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Oh man
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Comment on the soldier's facebook page... looks like he had a family.

RIP Nathan! Thank you for defending our country, your son is so proud of you. I miss you

Oh man

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Can we get a short recap?  Just got home from work.

ETA: Canadian RoPer gets his passport revoked by Canadian Government so he doesn't go join ISIS, gets mad and goes sudden jihad syndrome, kills a ceremonial guard, shoots up parliament, and is killed by the guy who carries the halberd in the Canadian Parliament?  Sound about right?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Canadian of Algerian descent got back to his roots, converts to Islam, does run and gun on an unarmed soldier guarding the Tomb of the Unknown in Ottawa, moves on to Parliament, is killed by the elderly Sergeant at Arms. Reports of two men getting out of the car, multiple attacks sites etc still unconfirmed.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Canadian of Algerian descent got back to his roots, converts to Islam, does run and gun on an unarmed soldier guarding the Tomb of the Unknown in Ottawa, moves on to Parliament, is killed by the elderly Sergeant at Arms. Reports of two men getting out of the car, multiple attacks sites etc still unconfirmed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you sir
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, today's shooter may have connection to yesterday's perp who ran over soldier.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

ETA: Canadian RoPer gets his passport revoked by Canadian Government so he doesn't go join ISIS, gets mad and goes sudden jihad syndrome, kills a ceremonial guard, shoots up parliament, and is killed by the guy who carries the halberd in the Canadian Parliament?  Sound about right?
View Quote

Pretty much, although it's unclear if others were involved (planning or filming or other) and to what extent.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Thank you sir
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you sir

Actually I saw on page 21 he may be an actual Western convert.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#29]
But but but the US Gov said it couldn't be terrorism related :(
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

When you say it like that, it kinda makes me wish he would have been halberded.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Hard to believe with the footage and interviews they must have by now that they still can't confirm multiple or lone shooter.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Hard to believe with the footage and interviews they must have by now that they still can't confirm multiple or lone shooter.
View Quote

Hard to believe that there's not security footage anywhere around that area that could answer this question.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's actually a ceremonial mace.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you sir

CBS evening news reported he was Canadian born.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Won't be surprised to find that they go/went to the same mosque
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would have been epic!

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you sir

I never meant to imply he wasn't, I was using "roots" in a looser "general ethnicity" sense not trying to indicate he was anything other than a native born Canadian. Sorry for any confusion.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#38]
If he used that 30-30 I can see where it was confused with a double barrel shotgun.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Let's play a little game called Name That Gun. Probably not what he used but who knows.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

That Mosque should be the focal point of the Canadian citizens response.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

No Facebook results for this name.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shooter's name is reported to be Michael Zehaf-Bibea, a Canadian

No Facebook results for this name.

ETA:

Who here is good at finding cached info?

Anyone????
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Let's play a little game called Name That Gun. Probably not what he used but who knows.

http://i.imgur.com/hQAvsG8.png

View Quote

30-30.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same should be said about mosques in America, need to be burnt down when they're up to no good.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

30-30.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/hQAvsG8.png

30-30.

1894 or 336
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Snip.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snip.  

I was going to try and tip toe around the COC...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:50:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

both the mall and the hotel are in earshot of the first shooting.  Very likely the reports of shots fired there were just people calling 911(or whatever it is in Canada) from there reporting the shots they heard.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Conflict News ?@rConflictNews  6m6 minutes ago
CBS reports Ottawa shooting suspect was born in Quebec as Michael Joseph Hall. Hes a recent convert to Islam
View Quote

My shocked face
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Several hours later, Ottawa Police and RCMP officers were still searching Parliament Hill and officials declined to say whether the gunman acted alone.

Federal sources have identified the suspected shooter as Michael Zehef-Bibeau, a man in his early 30s who was known to Canadian authorities.

Sources told The Globe and Mail that he was recently designated a “high-risk traveller” by the Canadian government and that his passport had been seized – the same circumstances surrounding the case of Martin Rouleau-Couture, the Quebecker who was shot Monday after running down two Canadian Forces soldiers with his car.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/parliament-shooting/article21217602/
View Quote

So I see a pattern here of taking passports away which in turn is leading to attacks on the homeland.
If these assholes are getting their passports taken away so they can't fly over and join ISIS why the hell don't we just lock their asses up. Intentions to join a terrorist organization makes you a terrorist IMO and if there is evidence enough to take a passport away, there is evidence enough to lock em up.

Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top