User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#1]
They will manage to fuck it up.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#2]
They won't take it. GOP may get some governors, but on the whole it's not going to be pretty. Fraud, a lack of media savvy, and a stupid platform are going to do the party in.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#3]
After 2008 & 2012, I have zero confidence that the current batch of GOPers could fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

It's stunning to me exactly how inept they are at messaging a lucid and compelling position without stepping on their dicks along the way.

The GOP, IMO, will snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory every single time.....and I have yet to see any evidence remotely to the contrary.

We'll see.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#4]
No, the races will tighten up and there will be plenty of people driving voters to the polls to ensure this doesn't happen.  That party is far more organized and determined in the ground game.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What matters is who counts the votes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two words.

Election Fraud.

What matters is who counts the votes.

Or who programs the machines.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:27:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Here we go again, every election the defeatist and Mobys come out in numbers in GD to discourage conservatives from voting. I voted already, things can change if you would get off your basement dwelling collective asses and do something. Look at the recalls we had here, 3 anti-gun dems thrown out of office.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm calling it for the Republicans, this time around.

I called it for Obama last time and even won a PMAG for correctly guessing the most states.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Even if they take the majority by one or two it will make no difference.
Even if the Rhino's mustered up some balls (impossible) and attempted to pass something they will
not have a super majority and the left wing loons will filibuster.

The Rhinos will keep the status quo in an effort to keep power and change nothing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Sans cheating,  yes.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Then what?  The GOP will start reducing spending and repatriating freedoms?

Lol

View Quote

Look, any more talk like that will net you riding around in a town car trunk for at least the next several days!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe, but it the long run does it really matter?

I doubt it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#13]
ARFCOM doesn't have a good track record on predictions so I'll just wait and see.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#14]
If the GOP offered a platform differing enough from the Dims, they may garner enough votes to win.

But we get people like graham, boner, and mcshitstains.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd like to see it. I'm not sure how much difference it will make. Congress has ceded much of it's authority to the bureaucrats and alphabet agencies. Will we get a government, which has taken control of every activity and every decision in our lives, off our backs? Will Obamacare be reversed? Will the swarms of illegals be shipped out and the border secured? Will the able-bodied of the 50% on the dole be required to earn their keep? Will the rule of law be enforced in the inner cities? Will the corruption be exposed and those responsible be held accountable?

I will participate because it is my duty, but what's the best we can expect?  Slow the downward spiral from 100 MPH down to 90?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#16]
It will appear that the GOP will retake the Senate when they start reporting the vote count, then the Dems will find enough votes from the urban areas to get them to the lead.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Two words.

Election Fraud.
View Quote

Four words: Romney in a landslide.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I suspect they'll pickup a few seats, but have my doubts about them taking the Senate.  I suspect they'll pickup a few seats in the House also.   In the long run I doubt it'll matter much other than getting the Rs blamed for more.  They won't have an agenda, and they won't stand up to Obama when he exceeds his authority, so they'll just be a bigger punching bag or will go for the same agenda, but a bit slower.  More RINOs is not the answer.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
That's a different matter than fraudulent voting or corrupt vote counting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate to break it to you but the IRS targeting of TEA party groups may have changed the outcome of the last election in every state.

That's a different matter than fraudulent voting or corrupt vote counting.

But still another cog in the slag's machine .

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#20]
No.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You prefer a Dem controlled Senate?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

How are the Repubs any different.

2 sides of the same coin.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#22]
No, they'll come close, but they will not take majority control.

The Republican National Committee this year has been nearly MIA and has done the most piss poor job I've ever seen with an election.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Poll fail...no poll.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#24]
GOP will take the Senate, retain the House, and get the Presidency in 2016. They will then proceed to deficit spend and shit all over the Constitution all day every day, and people will defend them because they have an R by their name.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
GOP will take the Senate, retain the House, and get the Presidency in 2016. They will then proceed to deficit spend and shit all over the Constitution all day every day, and people will defend them because they have an R by their name.
View Quote

/thread.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

/thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/thread.

I voted for Bush twice, the first time while I was in boot camp. And we got Medicare Part D, Patriot Act, No Child Left Behind etc etc etc.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I voted for Bush twice, the first time while I was in boot camp. And we got Medicare Part D, Patriot Act, No Child Left Behind etc etc etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/thread.

"Compassionate Conservatism" ain't cheap.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Not if all the machines operate as they do in Chicago.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:58:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#31]
"I'll believe it when I see it" is my current level of confidence with the republican party.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#32]
GOP will win, get nothing done over the next two years, take the full blame for the last eight years of fuck ups, and get Hillary Clinton re-elected in 2016, just in time for her to appoint four new justices to SCOTUS.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:04:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

How many Republicans voted for the ACA?  When Obama wanted gun bans and other anti-gun crap following the Sandy Hook massacre, how many Republicans were on board?  Who stopped Obama and his Dem machine?  

No matter how many times you people repeat that bit of nonsense it will never be true.  Never.  Ever.  You are just silly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

How many Republicans voted for the ACA?  When Obama wanted gun bans and other anti-gun crap following the Sandy Hook massacre, how many Republicans were on board?  Who stopped Obama and his Dem machine?  

No matter how many times you people repeat that bit of nonsense it will never be true.  Never.  Ever.  You are just silly.

How many Republicans voted for Medicare Part D? They are good at opposing the Dems (sometimes) but given power they abuse it themselves just as readily.

Best thing about R politicians is the press actually holds them accountable.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If only there was a viable party that was capable of winning a national election which offered that platform.  You know, pro-border nullification, pro-drug, pro-courts decide everything without the use of law enforcement "JBTs," anti-spending.  If only.  They could win!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the GOP offered a platform differing enough from the Dims, they may garner enough votes to win.

If only there was a viable party that was capable of winning a national election which offered that platform.  You know, pro-border nullification, pro-drug, pro-courts decide everything without the use of law enforcement "JBTs," anti-spending.  If only.  They could win!  

FIFY

I'm going with a 50/50 split in the Senate. R's retain the House.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Two words.

Election Fraud.
View Quote

This......................125% turnout in urban districts, voting 100% Democrap.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#37]
What ever most people on ARFCOM think, I would say the exact opposite will occur
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Too many.  That was/is an abomination.  The problem your kind has is writing off the entire party over individual acts and individuals within the party--"McCain did XXXXXXXXX so FUCK THE GOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You offer no better alternative, and no solution.  Typical of a Moby troll though, so I guess you are doing your thing, like a broken record.  You and flash66 should swap notes so you can at least appear to be original, rather than posting the same tripe in every thread of this type.
View Quote

Your kind, moby troll, lolololololol. I guess when you have no rebuttal for the facts presented name calling is all you have left.

It's not "McCain did X" or "Bush did Y" it's "Every time the GOP has power they pass liberal legislation, deficit spend, and shit on the Constitution." I want that to change. I'm not saying that people should not vote for the GOP, I'm saying that they should not vote for big .gov liberals even if they have an R by their name.

I'll support conservatives when and if they appear. The GOP is currently not run by conservatives. Apparently, wanting the GOP to be conservative and not supporting tax and spend liberals who happen to have an R by their name makes me a moby.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:24:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
"I'll believe it when I see it" is my current level of confidence with the republican party.
View Quote

Yep.  I'm done trying to predict things on the national level, because I clearly don't know enough about the ground situation from state to state to say anything with confidence.  I really thought Romney had a good chance to win in 2012.

I can say with confidence that Wendy Davis is going to get blown the fuck out in the Governors race here in Texas though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I voted for Mark Kirk here in Illinois.  He's a liberal through and through.  That said, the alternative was a more liberal Democrat.  If the "RINO" Republicans allow the party to be in the majority, then they have little/no influence in the direction of the party, but the PARTY controls everything in the Senate (in this case) agenda.  Fuckin' A right I'll vote for him just because he has an "R" by his name.  Those of us who understand politics and don't blather on the internet with petulant temper tantrums when we don't get our way 100% vote for the best course of getting what we want--not taking our ball home to pout, and encouraging others to do the same.  And yes, I believe you are a Moby.  Others did it and now brag about it--you remind me of the Japanese soldier from WWII found decades later still fighting the war--in the Phillipines, I believe.  You are "that guy."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too many.  That was/is an abomination.  The problem your kind has is writing off the entire party over individual acts and individuals within the party--"McCain did XXXXXXXXX so FUCK THE GOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You offer no better alternative, and no solution.  Typical of a Moby troll though, so I guess you are doing your thing, like a broken record.  You and flash66 should swap notes so you can at least appear to be original, rather than posting the same tripe in every thread of this type.

Your kind, moby troll, lolololololol. I guess when you have no rebuttal for the facts presented name calling is all you have left.

It's not "McCain did X" or "Bush did Y" it's "Every time the GOP has power they pass liberal legislation, deficit spend, and shit on the Constitution." I want that to change. I'm not saying that people should not vote for the GOP, I'm saying that they should not vote for big .gov liberals even if they have an R by their name.

I'll support conservatives when and if they appear. The GOP is currently not run by conservatives. Apparently, wanting the GOP to be conservative and not supporting tax and spend liberals who happen to have an R by their name makes me a moby.

I voted for Mark Kirk here in Illinois.  He's a liberal through and through.  That said, the alternative was a more liberal Democrat.  If the "RINO" Republicans allow the party to be in the majority, then they have little/no influence in the direction of the party, but the PARTY controls everything in the Senate (in this case) agenda.  Fuckin' A right I'll vote for him just because he has an "R" by his name.  Those of us who understand politics and don't blather on the internet with petulant temper tantrums when we don't get our way 100% vote for the best course of getting what we want--not taking our ball home to pout, and encouraging others to do the same.  And yes, I believe you are a Moby.  Others did it and now brag about it--you remind me of the Japanese soldier from WWII found decades later still fighting the war--in the Phillipines, I believe.  You are "that guy."

That's hilarious.

I want to see the fed.gov get smaller, I want to see a stop to deficit spending, I want to see less BS laws passed down from the feds. If I empower people who want to raise my taxes, expand the government, and generally erode the Constitution just because they promise to do it slightly slower than the other guys then I am not achieving my goals. The reason we keep getting demi-liberal candidates from the GOP is because we keep accepting them. I want the GOP to be a conservative party, and the best way to do that is to support conservative candidates and not support liberal ones.

We'll never change the GOP if we keep buying what they're selling, and voting for "kinda sorta slightly less liberal maybe" candidates.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes.

I was listening to my favorite "Right-Wing HATE radio"() station yesterday and it was noted that

"something" like HALF of Americans Of African Descent weren't aware that there was an election

this year or....on just what day it fell (The election).

I have NO idea if that's true or not(?) but if it is?.....(Considering that the DIM'S need that turnout

to keep the Senate).........lol
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
"I want--and if I don't get it I will hold my breath, throw myself to the floor, and scream on the internet."

Your post is seriously lacking in a means to achieve your wants.  Of course, virtually everyone here wants all of those things.  We only disagree on the path to get there--your way is to stay home and pout; rational (non-Moby) people work and donate money and vote for the candidate MOST CLOSELY aligned with our beliefs.  Moby much?
View Quote

How is your strategy working out? Reagan did some good things, but grew the deficit like a Democrat and started amnesty for illegals. The first Bush was a liberal who mocked supply side economics. Bob Dole wasn't terrible positionally, but was a terrible candidate. Bush the Younger was a "compassionate" liberal, just one that was a foreign policy hawk. McCain is a liberal. Romney is a liberal who flipflopped more than John Kerry and tried to tell us he didn't really mean all that socialist healthcare/pro abortion/assault weapon ban stuff he'd done in his only actual stint in office.

My path is not to stay home and do nothing, my path is to support people who actually align in some way with my beliefs. For me, "He's only a socialist not a full blown Communist!" is no longer a convincing argument, and I believe that the only way we will see candidates that actually align in any way with my beliefs is to not support people who do not.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol

Its like asking what flavor you'd like your shit sandwich......  Extra crunchy for me please

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Its like asking what flavor you'd like your shit sandwich......  Extra crunchy for me please  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

Just remember, you're taking a bite, one way or the other.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I didn't watch the debate tonight but the whacko libs are rejoicing that their commie late addition to the senate race in mt nailed it and made the GOP candidate, Daines, look like a moron.

Daines had a 16 point lead in the polls a week or so ago.  

I have faith the GOP can fuck up even a 16 pt lead in 2 weeks.
View Quote
I give it 50/50 if they can manage not to say something stupid like legitimate rape or whatever.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If only there was a party which offered that platform.  You know, pro-border nullification, pro-drug, pro-courts decide everything without the use of law enforcement "JBTs," anti-spending.  If only.  They could win!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If only there was a party which offered that platform.  You know, pro-border nullification, pro-drug, pro-courts decide everything without the use of law enforcement "JBTs," anti-spending.  If only.  They could win!  

If only the GOP were a smaller .gov limited .gov pro small business anti cronyism party.

See how that works?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top