Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
You could overlay a US county by county voting map and see a strong correlation.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The problem is that the post-industrial nations are shrinking, and the shitholes are growing exponentially.

But you are right.  Babys are expensive.  I'd love to have 3 or 4, but I'll likely be tapped out economically at 2 if I want to give both a competitive shot at the world.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Developed world population is on a downward trend.

At one time it was believe that the world population would hit 14 billion.  The estimated number is now below 8 billion and dropping.

Want to trim population growth?   Economic growth is the solution.

The problem is that the post-industrial nations are shrinking, and the shitholes are growing exponentially.

But you are right.  Babys are expensive.  I'd love to have 3 or 4, but I'll likely be tapped out economically at 2 if I want to give both a competitive shot at the world.

Want to slow their growth?  Raise their standard of living.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmph, and here I thought it was climate change this whole time...
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why isn't that true?  I think the World would be much better with about 1/3 of the right population culled.
View Quote

No.  We need 100% of the Left Population Culled.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Developed world population is on a downward trend.

At one time it was believe that the world population would hit 14 billion.  The estimated number is now below 8 billion and dropping.

Want to trim population growth?   Economic growth is the solution.

Yea it is only certain nations or regions that have population explosions that are destabilizing and create demographic bubbles.  Overall population growth is not a global problem in and of itself.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You could overlay a US county by county voting map and see a strong correlation.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:

and a violent crime map funny how that works huh

I do believe we have a population density problem but that's peoples choosing

and not in the west
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I think we can all agree its over popluated with the wrong people, who just want free stuff, do not value western civilization, and science.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#8]
These people are insane.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#9]
There is always a heaping pile of misanthropy lying just under the surface of every single social liberal I've met.

They'll tell you they love everyone, but push further and you find they disdain humanity.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Obola picked the right man to be the Ebola Czar!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#11]
They picked him to control the message.  It's not a medical problem, it's a communication problem.  You all don't understand that you need to die for the good of others.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They picked him to control the message.  It's not a medical problem, it's a communication problem.  You all don't understand that you need to die for the good of others.
View Quote

Jokes aside, there is much truth to this.  There is a reason they picked a liberal political activist lawyer rather than someone with medical knowledge and experience.  This isn't about solving a problem, it is about manipulating people.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I can fix the hell out of that
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#14]
When someone makes a statement of fact they can technically be correct and still be completely wrong. That’s because statements of fact are rarely made in isolation. Statements of fact virtually always come with a context and a set of often unspoken assumptions.

Overpopulation is a major, perhaps the major problem in the world right now. That is true… But so what? What’s the cause? What’s the solution? Is the “solution” something which can be morally implemented?

Now, I’m sure there are plenty of people who would love to see some deadly disease depopulate Africa, India, Asia, Central and South America, and New York City. Plenty of people in those places would like to see America depopulated as well. There’s a certain amount of justified concern that the Left might try to engineer such a disaster. Ignoring the obvious moral problems with that, these people have not considered the results of such a plan.

To begin with, it is a proven sociological fact that industrialization of a culture causes its population growth to stop, and then reverse. This is 100% true for every country which has industrialized. Oh, there’s a lag in the effect of perhaps a generation, but the effect is real. So, had the world fully industrialized a century ago, then we would have a stable world population of perhaps 2.5 billion right now. If anything the problem we would be facing would be population decline, not population growth.

There are many reasons for this but perhaps the biggest one is pure economics. In an agricultural society, every child a family has is another laborer. Farm children will start doing basic chores at 5 or 6 if not earlier. By 10 or 11 they will be doing a full day’s work. That makes a child a good return on investment. In an industrial society the kid produces nothing until they turn 18 or 19. Then they get a job in a factory somewhere. It gets worse in an information based economy like we have. There a kid will likely produce little until they are 25 or 30 (if then) as they have to get through years of school and training before they are economically useful.

And that’s why all those education classes and condom giveaways have so little impact. People in third world countries realize that children are economically beneficial.

My solution to “overpopulation” would be a crash course to develop cheap energy (Fusion, safe fission) and to encourage economic growth. Perhaps we could industrialize most of the world in 50 years and survive as a species long enough for industrial age depopulation to stabilize things.

The Left hates this idea and their plan would probably either amount to more of stuff that will have no effect, or simply exterminating large percentages of the world’s population.

To understand why this is a really, really, bad idea (Besides the fact that the idea is morally repugnant to anyone with any sense of decency.) you have to think about the results of the Holocaust and of slavery in America.

If something like that happened it would ultimately spell the end of our modern culture. The third world would hate us with a passion, and rightfully so. That kind of hatred tends to span generations so that people whose grandparents weren’t even born when the crime was committed have to pay for the sins of their ancestors.

And when the West is finally done in, the third world will go right back to exponential growth.

And for the TL/DR crowd…
Fuck Obama and all of his Czars.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The left has a solution for that........
View Quote

The thing that cracks me up about the left and their little utopia-who will do all the work?

Do they think they can all sit around and get fed and paid big bucks to do nothing?

Shit,kill off most of the libs and the rest of us would hardly notice-except for having more money in our pockets and less feel good gov bullshit shoved down our throats.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When someone makes a statement of fact they can technically be correct and still be completely wrong. That’s because statements of fact are rarely made in isolation. Statements of fact virtually always come with a context and a set of often unspoken assumptions.

Overpopulation is a major, perhaps the major problem in the world right now. That is true… But so what? What’s the cause? What’s the solution? Is the “solution” something which can be morally implemented?

Now, I’m sure there are plenty of people who would love to see some deadly disease depopulate Africa, India, Asia, Central and South America, and New York City. Plenty of people in those places would like to see America depopulated as well. There’s a certain amount of justified concern that the Left might try to engineer such a disaster. Ignoring the obvious moral problems with that, these people have not considered the results of such a plan.

To begin with, it is a proven sociological fact that industrialization of a culture causes its population growth to stop, and then reverse. This is 100% true for every country which has industrialized. Oh, there’s a lag in the effect of perhaps a generation, but the effect is real. So, had the world fully industrialized a century ago, then we would have a stable world population of perhaps 2.5 billion right now. If anything the problem we would be facing would be population decline, not population growth.

There are many reasons for this but perhaps the biggest one is pure economics. In an agricultural society, every child a family has is another laborer. Farm children will start doing basic chores at 5 or 6 if not earlier. By 10 or 11 they will be doing a full day’s work. That makes a child a good return on investment. In an industrial society the kid produces nothing until they turn 18 or 19. Then they get a job in a factory somewhere. It gets worse in an information based economy like we have. There a kid will likely produce little until they are 25 or 30 (if then) as they have to get through years of school and training before they are economically useful.

And that’s why all those education classes and condom giveaways have so little impact. People in third world countries realize that children are economically beneficial.

My solution to “overpopulation” would be a crash course to develop cheap energy (Fusion, safe fission) and to encourage economic growth. Perhaps we could industrialize most of the world in 50 years and survive as a species long enough for industrial age depopulation to stabilize things.

The Left hates this idea and their plan would probably either amount to more of stuff that will have no effect, or simply exterminating large percentages of the world’s population.

To understand why this is a really, really, bad idea (Besides the fact that the idea is morally repugnant to anyone with any sense of decency.) you have to think about the results of the Holocaust and of slavery in America.

If something like that happened it would ultimately spell the end of our modern culture. The third world would hate us with a passion, and rightfully so. That kind of hatred tends to span generations so that people whose grandparents weren’t even born when the crime was committed have to pay for the sins of their ancestors.

And when the West is finally done in, the third world will go right back to exponential growth.

And for the TL/DR crowd…
Fuck Obama and all of his Czars.
View Quote

I believe you just won a million Internets with this post, my good sir.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why isn't that true?  I think the World would be much better with about 1/3 of the right population culled.
View Quote

Then let it happen naturally.  No aid to stricken countries that should be able to feed themselves, but never have been able to.  No more welfare here, paying women to have babies to multiple fathers out of wedlock.  Survival of the fittest, evolution.
The left's solution will be one of force.  They will choose who lives and dies, not the strong and smart who survive necessarily.  Their solution always involves death camps or forced exterimination.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Why is it no surprise that the ebola czar is rooting for ebola?
View Quote

Or half of AR15.com General Discussion.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:43:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

10/22 / retro AR guy is quoting BhagavadVita up in hurr
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shiva Ebola will cleanse and purify Mother Earth.  The Great Obama has spoken.

FIFY

10/22 / retro AR guy is quoting BhagavadVita up in hurr

No, he's referring to the book Rainbow Six.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I don't know where you were when I posted a thread indicating my own observation of this fact, but the bullshit here came out of the shadows pretty quick.

That was the defining moment for me to realize that there are some genuinely dumb motherfuckers trolling here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He is correct which is a first with any member of this administration.

I don't know where you were when I posted a thread indicating my own observation of this fact, but the bullshit here came out of the shadows pretty quick.

That was the defining moment for me to realize that there are some genuinely dumb motherfuckers trolling here.

Yes, yes there are.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

Georgia Guidestones

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No. He's not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. He's not.

Yes, he is.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#23]
LOL, pay attention, urban black people, because your Chocolate Messiah is getting ready to toss your asses under the bus.

Ebola will hit hardest in urban centers, not just from shitting your liver out your anus, but from starvation as the truck drivers and train engineers who deliver the food say "fuck this" and refuse to carry the loads into those areas.  Add in the rioting and general mayhem as the police, ambulance drivers, firemen, etc., say "NOPE" and drive home to the suburbs.

Yup, Obama's getting ready to really fuck his largest constituency.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#24]
First and probably last time a Democrat is correct about anything.

Shakespeare had a partial solution.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:03:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

The administration selected a guy concerned about overpopulation to deal with a disease.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:04:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRdpi0Ww2-8

Someone please embed

I'm pretty sure we're…

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/9QdY4gfR7iY/hqdefault.jpg

Well lets get this party started.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll happily donate the bullet if he wants to be the first to step up and lead by example by putting one under his chin.

Just like the aborters, they don't value any life other than their own.  Greed is their core value.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Well it's a good thing that I don't give a shit about humanity.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:10:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

1/3 less is a smart goal for a population target.  But far too many of the "Earth needs a smaller population" crowd are championing a population reduction of 90% or more and we don't know were this guy stands.  But if he was part of Al Gore's crew, I'll bet he's with the 90% reduction crowd.

Definitely NOT the sort of person you want leading the charge against a killer disease that has the possibility to be effect a 90% fatality rate.  Because there's a conflict of interest in seeing his population reduction goal met versus stopping the disease as soon as possible versus letting the disease accomplish his depopulation goal before releasing the cure.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:11:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well, I guess he's in a position to fix that.
View Quote

he needs to start with himself.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

you go first..........not my kids or grandchildren.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#32]
after you Alphonse
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Real life is becoming indistinguishable from The Onion.

«tc2k11»
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:17:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Social and economic central planning does not work.

If human population is a problem why not just let nature take it's course, quit fighting disease, hunger, and poverty in poor populations.  That's not a viable solution because it doesn't provide what they're really after. The crisis, scary boogeyman, and noble causes, are just the sale pitch to get what they really want, more government and more money and power.  

All of their solutions involve MORE government.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#35]
21st Century Holocaust Czar
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

2012 elections

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#37]
I will post this link for posterity:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1671212___OFFICIAL_EBOLA_THREAD____US_.html&page=146

Here I was ridiculed for the post which is now fact.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:33:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I will post this link for posterity:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1671212___OFFICIAL_EBOLA_THREAD____US_.html&page=146

Here I was ridiculed for the post which is now fact.
View Quote

Yup.

Don't you know you can only get ebola by licking an infected patient's eyeball.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Thanks Ohio.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:34:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

What are you basing this conclusion on?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:35:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The West is not overpopulated, we are doing it right.  Other regions not so much.
View Quote

Water or the lack thereof.....
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote
Starting with you?

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The West is not overpopulated, we are doing it right.  Other regions not so much.

You mean the stuff that 70% of the planet's surface is made of?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#45]
The Earth is abundant.

Claiming that it isn't enough for it's people is heretical selfishness.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:45:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyone post this yet?  Much like out ebola czar.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Agenda 21
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top