Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So...to the Original Poster...

Your friend is a 60ish Doctor, unmarried and stupid nice enough to be easily manipulated?  

Isn't that the Holy Grail for the female sex?
View Quote

Worse, he's on the hook for two women his own age.  I'm no rocket surgeon, but I thought the goal when acquiring gold-diggers was to generally aim for women half your age.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Worse, he's on the hook for two women his own age.  I'm no rocket surgeon, but I thought the goal when acquiring gold-diggers was to generally aim for women half your age.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your friend is a 60ish Doctor, unmarried and stupid nice enough to be easily manipulated?  

Clearly, he is doing it incorrectly.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno...at that age Gold Diggers can become Child Support Recipients easily enough.....so maybe not so dumb....
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I dunno...at that age Gold Diggers can become Child Support Recipients easily enough.....so maybe not so dumb....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not if he gets one of his golfing buddies to give him the snip.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

One of my good friends is a recently retired ER doc. He's obviously bright enough to have made it through med school, but he's an absolute moron when it comes to women. Some of his misadventures would embarrass a junior high schooler. Here's the latest:

He's got a serious, long-term girlfriend. But four days ago, one of his ex-girlfriends, who now lives fifteen hundred miles away and is engaged to someone else, sent him an email about being so unhappy that she wasn't sure she wanted to go on living.

Even my 12-year-old said, "This sounds like a trap".

Well, he fell for it. He jumped in his truck and drove from NH to FL to save her. He managed to get there before she changed her mind, and to load her stuff in his truck without her fiancee killing him. Now he's driving back north with her.

In the meantime, his girlfriend up here has gone psycho as well, and moved out of her house and into his house and bedroom. Marking her territory. She's waiting for them, and they're due to arrive tonight.

Stay tuned, I think this disaster will be epic.

View Quote
Suddenly, I feel better about my complicated love-life.

Why the hell I have to go from a year of nothing to a GF, and ex-GF, and some woman that just wants sex in the span of three weeks I don't get.  (PS, probably going to dump the GF cuz I think she's cheating, and hang out with the woman that just wants sex for a while.)
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Why is he dating women that old, and no doubt they're going to have a death match,  at 60 this has to be their last chance to land a man with money.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So where are you in all this rodent? Have you got front row tickets or just relaying the play by play. God made digital technology to record stuff like this so it can be posted on youtube or if their is naked chick fights liveleak.

If you see a naked chick fight, it's gonna be naked 60-year-old chicks.

As he was driving down to Florida, he told me over and over that he was afraid she'd commit suicide. I told him over and over that it wasn't his problem, and asked what he was he going to do with a psycho, suicidal ex if he was "successful". I've only heard from him once since he started the drive back north, and he couldn't say much because she was sitting right next to him.

His neighbor is another good friend of mine, and he called me tonight to tell me that the Doc's current girlfriend kept driving by his house with her lights off, and finally just hauled a carload of stuff over and moved herself in. I imagine she's drinking his blood right about now.

Why is he dating women that old, and no doubt they're going to have a death match,  at 60 this has to be their last chance to land a man with money.  
Two Broads enter, One Broad Leaves?

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#8]
RODENT

Nice to see you back.  I didn't know about the ban until a year ago where someone told me what happened.  

How's EB and Private Root Beer?

You still living the dream?

I didn't notice who the OP was until I saw your avatar said Rodent.  You need your old one back.

Anywho Nice to see an old face.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Anti-climactic update:

So I went to his house. He's a scotch aficionado and had two new bottles for us to try. He was already a little buzzed.

Actual conversation:

Moi: "I thought I'd be cleaning up blood over here."

Doc: "You might still have to. Do you want to hear the good news or the bad news?"

Moi: "The good news."

Doc: "There is no good news."

Moi: "Where is (current psycho girlfriend)?"

Doc: "She wanted to move in with me and I told her I wasn't ready to settle down, so she left. I feel really guilty about it."

Moi: "What's up with (suicidal psycho ex-girlfriend)?"

Doc: "She just had $32,000 of cosmetic surgery done. Tummy tuck, lips, boobs. She looks really good."

Moi: "So where is she?"

Doc: "She wanted to move in with me, too, but I told her no and she left and now I feel guilty about that, too."

Moi: "Did you at least get to play with her new rubber lung protectors?"

Doc: "She was crying too much."

Moi: "I think that makes it better. So you drove all the way to Florida and back, and didn't even get to roll around her new bouncers?"

Doc: "In retrospect I shouldn't have done that."
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#10]
haha
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:02:34 PM EDT
[#11]
No blood, no guts, no glory.

I am disappoint.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I am thinking he burned through $200 in gas, but came out ahead in the end.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Going with this.

Don't put your dick in crazy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Sup Rodent.  

Sounded like the drama de-escalated, that's a good thing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Fucking college graduates.

And he's a doc?

What a tard .

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:09:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Doc may come out alright by accident

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Nope, that didn't make me feel sane.

Dammit!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Disappointing, but always entertaining dialogue
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ayuup.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anti-climactic update:

So I went to his house. He's a scotch aficionado and had two new bottles for us to try. He was already a little buzzed.

Actual conversation:

Moi: "I thought I'd be cleaning up blood over here."

Doc: "You might still have to. Do you want to hear the good news or the bad news?"

Moi: "The good news."

Doc: "There is no good news."

Moi: "Where is (current psycho girlfriend)?"

Doc: "She wanted to move in with me and I told her I wasn't ready to settle down, so she left. I feel really guilty about it."

Moi: "What's up with (suicidal psycho ex-girlfriend)?"

Doc: "She just had $32,000 of cosmetic surgery done. Tummy tuck, lips, boobs. She looks really good."

Moi: "So where is she?"

Doc: "She wanted to move in with me, too, but I told her no and she left and now I feel guilty about that, too."

Moi: "Did you at least get to play with her new rubber lung protectors?"

Doc: "She was crying too much."

Moi: "I think that makes it better. So you drove all the way to Florida and back, and didn't even get to roll around her new bouncers?"

View Quote

That's some matrix-style bullet dodging.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bingo. The older people get, the more single women there are and the fewer eligible bachelors there are. An older single doctor is in remarkable demand.

Quoted:
How's EB and Private Root Beer?

You still living the dream?

They are fine, and I am indeed.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sounded like the drama de-escalated, that's a good thing.
View Quote

Speaking as someone who has done monumentally stupid things for women, this episode served a useful purpose: I feel better about myself now.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I am disappoint.
View Quote

No sense of adventure; that's their problem.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Then why do people still do it?  The reason I'm asking is that people (read dupe police) are quick to point out an unnecessary/repeated topic posted in gd.  Yet 60 or 70 "In" , or "OST"  unnecessary posts on the first page of a thread will slide with nothing being said. If it doesn't have to be posted (like a duped thread) then why does the Site Staff allow it?  Duped/unnecessary threads get locked.  Why don't unnecessary "In" and "OST" posts get removed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OST

I keep seeing that.  What does it mean?

As some of the others have said, it means Old School Tag.

In the days before Subscriptions and the Subscribe button, we had the My Active Topics button. The only way for a thread to show up in that list, was for you to post in it. So back then, people would just post "Tag" to mark the thread.

Then why do people still do it?  The reason I'm asking is that people (read dupe police) are quick to point out an unnecessary/repeated topic posted in gd.  Yet 60 or 70 "In" , or "OST"  unnecessary posts on the first page of a thread will slide with nothing being said. If it doesn't have to be posted (like a duped thread) then why does the Site Staff allow it?  Duped/unnecessary threads get locked.  Why don't unnecessary "In" and "OST" posts get removed?

Now I'm in.

ETA: I agree with whomever said it above. Doc came out ok, but not by his own doing. At least he has chicken scotch.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for the entertainment Rodent. Good to hear you and PRB are doing good.

You going to hang around a bit? I hope.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

3,000 miles in a full-size pickup was probably closer to $1,000. Plus meals and hotels.

But it was still a cheap lesson.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Fucking college graduates.

And he's a doc?

What a tard .

View Quote

Some of the smartest people I have ever met are some of the most functionally retarded. My brother is a perfect example.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
3,000 miles in a full-size pickup was probably closer to $1,000. Plus meals and hotels.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.  Psycho women cost a lot more than non-psycho women.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#29]
So, that's it?  No pie from either one?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#30]
OP, one of these women is going to need penis before this is all said and done....Step up and do what the Doc won't.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Final Score:

Pushy Broad #1 - 0
Pushy Broad #2 - 0
Dumbass Doc - 0
Arfcom story - 1

Arfcom wins.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

For real.  This thread has some serious potential  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can we please get a sticky?  

For real.  This thread has some serious potential  

Doc could be enjoying a scene like your avatar if he'd played his cards right.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
No blood, no guts, no glory, no 3-way

I am disappoint.  
View Quote

FIFY.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1: I drive a full size pickup that guzzles gas. What a loon. Fly, rent a U-Haul one way.
2: Driving that far in a pickup for an ex, while in a once-committed relationship, is...wow. I was in med school and drove 700 miles in an econobox to see a girl, but I was young and foolish. And single. And she was worth driving to visit. We didn't become an item, but we both might be a cryptic flickering smile on the other person's face when we're old and senile.
3: As above, still a cheap lesson. He fell up the stairs and doesn't even realize it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, that was kindof a let down maybe next time? .............unsubscribe....click.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Final Score:

Pushy Broad #1 - 0

Pushy Broad #2 - 0

Dumbass Doc - 0

Arfcom story - 1

Arfcom wins.

View Quote
My gut tells me that this is far from over.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I am disappoint.
View Quote

This story is dildos....
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:57:52 PM EDT
[#38]
lol. What's Florida girlfriend doing now, hitch hiking back to the fiancé?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#39]
So, I'm guessing the drive back from FL to NH resulted in at least one overnight in a motel...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for the update.  He truly is ignorant in the ways of women.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:55:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Well, it sounds like he's back on the market again. Maybe he will choose better the next time.
The update was LULZ.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:43:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Final Score:

Pushy Broad #1 - 0
Pushy Broad #2 - 0
Dumbass Doc - 0
Arfcom story - 1

Arfcom wins.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:50:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So, I'm guessing the drive back from FL to NH resulted in at least one overnight in a motel...
View Quote

She assumed that he was rescuing her and was going to take her home and make her happy for the rest of her life. He tried to gently explain that he didn't want to give up his independence. She cried the whole way and he never touched her.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:04:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

She assumed that he was rescuing her and was going to take her home and make her happy for the rest of her life. He tried to gently explain that he didn't want to give up his independence. She cried the whole way and he never touched her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

better for him.  never stick it in the crazy.  it makes them feel that much more entitled.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:07:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sounds like he'd make an ideal ARFcommer. Get him to sign up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sounds like he'd make an ideal ARFcommer. Get him to sign up.

LOL

Quoted:

You don't say?

Great story, not often I start the day with this much laughter :-)
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top