BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't agree with him on quite a fee subjects but he still seems like a good guy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Swingset.

Really?   I've always thought Swingset was a solid guy and I don't get along with anybody.  

He's a good friend of mine, and a fine human being. I honestly don't know how someone could dislike the guy.

He must have said something once that rubbed him the wrong way. It happens.

I don't agree with him on quite a fee subjects but he still seems like a good guy.

Pretty much sums it up for me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I think she is referring to-

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What's a penguin? You mean a pengwing?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An offering of herring to the penguin can work wonders...

What's a penguin? You mean a pengwing?  

What he said.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Plenty to choose from, I know.  

Just curious to see how many peg the one I have in mind.
View Quote

Took the words right out of my mouth.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He just comes off as a "google expert" on any given subject, and if you don't agree with him, you're stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Swingset.

Really?   I've always thought Swingset was a solid guy and I don't get along with anybody.  

He's a good friend of mine, and a fine human being. I honestly don't know how someone could dislike the guy.

He just comes off as a "google expert" on any given subject, and if you don't agree with him, you're stupid.

This reminds me of an incident at the shop a few years ago.

New guy starts. Talks to me occasionally about different topics and has several disagreements. So, he goes over to another guy who I've worked with for several years and starts ranting about how Ridgerunner is a real know-it-all.

The guy looks the new fellow right in the face and says," Well, he knows a lot of shit. If you'd listen to him you might learn something".

I know, csb but it was funny as hell to watch.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#6]
TRG?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thank you.  I was getting spooked.  Given the pathology that parades thru GD daily, if I wasn't annoying someone, I'd be really concerned about my character.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sometimes I at John in Austin, FatalError and PJ

That's all I got. It's the freaking Internet, so there is really no way to say anything other than a "Persona" thinks it is a legend.

This question doesn't include D_A or the Dport debacle does it?

Thank you.  I was getting spooked.  Given the pathology that parades thru GD daily, if I wasn't annoying someone, I'd be really concerned about my character.

Don't worry you and Naamah definitely get my vote...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Some of the ones y'all are naming (like TRG) are hilarious and funny people always get a pass in my book.  

Others are just.......gross.  No passes given.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#10]
It's me.  You simpletons just don't know it as I've not yet bothered myself to explain it to you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't remember many of the screen names on here, and I'm pretty certain nobody recognizes mine either .  However, I've always liked Swingset since I got here.  no homo.  Funny, bright bastard.  

Him, SevenMaryThree, and Wunbadweel have genuinely made me laugh my ass off many times over the years.

Speaking of which, where the hell is SevenMaryThree?  I haven't noticed any posts from him in ages.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

New guy starts. Talks to me occasionally about different topics and has several disagreements. So, he goes over to another guy who I've worked with for several years and starts ranting about how Ridgerunner is a real know-it-all.

The guy looks the new fellow right in the face and says," Well, he knows a lot of shit. If you'd listen to him you might learn something".

View Quote

Pretty much this.

It's like a protest thread against everyone here who doesn't just parrot someone's preferred groupthink.  DEATH TO THE INTERLOPERS!  Take away all of th enames mentioned, and you pretty much take away all value to GD.  I might add 3-4 more to the list, tops.  Then, of course, there's the guys whose name you don't recognize who surprise you from time to time.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I agree. I think the guy is an asshole and I swear he's gay in real life. I am willing to bet lunch he sucks a lot of dicks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Swingset.

I agree. I think the guy is an asshole and I swear he's gay in real life. I am willing to bet lunch he sucks a lot of dicks.

I reckon that's uncalled for.

Supposed to be a fun thread.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all I got. It's the freaking Internet, so there is really no way to say anything other than a "Persona" thinks it is a legend.

Thank you.  That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me today.  I'll pass your sentiments along to Naamah.  Im certain she'll be as pleased as I am.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Pretty much this.

It's like a protest thread against everyone here who doesn't just parrot someone's preferred groupthink.  DEATH TO THE INTERLOPERS!  Take away all of th enames mentioned, and you pretty much take away all value to GD.  I might add 3-4 more to the list, tops.  Then, of course, there's the guys whose name you don't recognize who surprise you from time to time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much this.

You talkin' bout me?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Some of the ones y'all are naming (like TRG) are hilarious and funny people always get a pass in my book.  

View Quote

I basically like/love TRG.
*shhhhh* don't tell him.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a fun thread. I also know ZW17 in real life. He, Swingset and I have hung out a bunch over the years.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thank you.  That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me today.  I'll pass your sentiments along to Naamah.  Im certain she'll be as pleased as I am.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this what they call sarcasm?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Swingset.

The delivery of the message can  shape opinion as much as the information given.
My older brother can tell someone they're an idiot and have them smile and thank him. It's quite a talent.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He does say the sweetest things, doesn't he? Really knows how to turn a girl's head.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:08:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

*shhhhh* don't tell him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*shhhhh* don't tell him.

I'm sure he assumes as much anyway.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'll be honest, it was your "providing overwatch for deals in another life" comedy bit that put you over the line from "normal GD type" to "wtf is with this dude" for me.  Coupled with your proclivity for talking about sexual exploits, you fit the general pattern she was describing in the OP.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll mention a name no one else has: Pavlov wolf.

I'm full of it sometimes, but I have no illusion and have many times stated, that there are many multitudes of people on this board that are wiser in general, more knowledgeable in detail on nearly every subject, more worldly, and way, way more accomplished.

I'll be honest, it was your "providing overwatch for deals in another life" comedy bit that put you over the line from "normal GD type" to "wtf is with this dude" for me.  Coupled with your proclivity for talking about sexual exploits, you fit the general pattern she was describing in the OP.

The thing is, everything I've said about what's happened in my life is true, and there is a member here who has been my best friend for 40 years that has been in the middle of, witness to, or the instigator in nearly all of it. He's had as much weird stuff happen to him, some my fault as I have. We were talking the other day about some things that happened to us, and came to the conclusion that an 80s style movie could be made, but that only John Hughes could direct it, and that it would have to be labeled fiction even though 100% true.

There's always that one guy in every generation, and in every town that has that kind of life, and for whatever reason ( much of it stupidity ), there were two in our town.

As for the sexual conquests, it is what it is, or was, and honestly, I'm trying to get past all that in real life, which I have long ago, and in my persona here. In real life it cost me the love of the most wonderful soul mate, wife, mother, everything that a guy could ask for, and it's effects on my son and her are still visible. Honestly, though it seems sort of a girly reason, all of those conquests were not conquests, so much as me looking for love, or something that I thought it would bring. Some were just encounters and fun, but there was also an addiction problem, just like alcohol or drugs. Just an urge I couldn't control. In real life, I've been over that for years, and the thing I want most, or at least in that respect, companionship seems to forever elude me now, and with my health, I don't know that it won't continue to do so. The second marriage was a sham, with the ex wife being exactly what I was to my first wife.

The over watch stuff was true on the gun sales. The part about prior life in that story that I don't want to detail, would violate CoC, as it was not looked upon favorably by state statutes. It was something, a lifestyle that I got into as a 16yr old, and did til I was mid 17s. Not long, but just started by being at parties attended by people that were older and manipulative of a young mind, seeing rewards of easy women, money, adventure etc. Beenie Babies were really big at the time, and could be dangerous.

Mods , if what I said violates anything, please IM me and I will delete it.

None of what I've done above or had happen is remarkable, happens all the time to lots of people.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

*shhhhh* don't tell him.

Whoops.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You talkin' bout me?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much this.

You talkin' bout me?

Believe it or not, you've long been on the other list.

Seriously, if it wasn't for that highlighted bit, though - and the very real benefit to the random stranger thing - I'd have some time ago tried to get 20 or so folks here in a facebook group and been done with this place save for tech forums.  It's the unexpected, though, that adds the real flavor, many times they are people who just don't post much, or are new.  Sadly they often don't seem to stick around.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Your so vain.....

You probably think this thread is about you, bout you, bout you.......

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It is a fun thread. I also know ZW17 in real life. He, Swingset and I have hung out a bunch over the years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh.

What I get for not being allowed to hang out at the cool kids' table.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Never mind.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Your so vain.....

View Quote

I KNEW that it was not about me.
I am self absorbed but not that self absorbed.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

And unapologetic and fairly blunt. Same with sirensong, madcap, johnwayne and several others.

I don't think "legend in their own mind" counts when someone can back it up with facts/experiences.

And I can't believe some of y'all are giving the OP crap for what's just a fun thread. If someone gets their panties in a bunch over something like this, they're wound too tight.

I would say that I'm surprised I've not been named, but humility is actually one of my greatest traits.

My vote is fedDC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Swingset.

The problem with Swingset is that he's honest.  And he's usually right.

And unapologetic and fairly blunt. Same with sirensong, madcap, johnwayne and several others.

I don't think "legend in their own mind" counts when someone can back it up with facts/experiences.

And I can't believe some of y'all are giving the OP crap for what's just a fun thread. If someone gets their panties in a bunch over something like this, they're wound too tight.

I would say that I'm surprised I've not been named, but humility is actually one of my greatest traits.

My vote is fedDC.

It took five pages for this name to come up???  

"Golf clap"
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Your so vain.....

View Quote

I don't have a "so vain".

And it's "don't you, don't you".

Geez. Paul Simon is probably rolling in his grave.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#32]
If you're chumming for votes, Then you might be one.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It took five pages for this name to come up???  

"Golf clap"
View Quote

I think I saw it once, before.

Maybe I was wrong for posting it since this is not supposed to be a serious thread.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:24:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If you're chumming for votes, Then you might be one.
View Quote

Chumlee posts here?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Oh.

What I get for not being allowed to hang out at the cool kids' table.
View Quote

One of my other real life friends (BustinCaps) earned himself an account lock after busting my balls.

I IM'd whoever locked him and let them know that we were good friends and that it was ball busting (I acknowledged that there's no way a staff member could have known that, contextually). He was immediately unlocked, and that was that.

It has to be difficult to moderate sometimes, because it's not always possible to know the difference between personal attacks and two close friends fucking with each other.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#36]
I get a kick out of reading the posts of most of the members named here.  I just don't take GD too seriously.  

There are a few that I used to see post on topics - Ridgerunner, Madcap and Bohr_Adam, and a couple others that I first thought "that guy is full of crap" or "ohhh, internet cool guy who wants to seem knowledgeable"  Then I realized they really do know a shitload about a shitload of different shit and can articulate that shit quite well.  Also seem to be genuinely good guys.  When they post, I pay attention.    

Swingset, I find pretty hilarious.  

A few others who have been named, I just dismissed at first.  But, I don't use the ignore button.  So, I see later posts and it can change my opinion.  

Most of those who I think are douche bags end up getting banned.  

I will agree with one nomination in this thread - FedDC.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:37:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
You work as a diver? I've always thought that looked interesting, how's the pay? A lot of travel required, or can you mostly just work out of the Ports of Seattle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

snip

You work as a diver? I've always thought that looked interesting, how's the pay? A lot of travel required, or can you mostly just work out of the Ports of Seattle?
Hey!  

I worked oil and gs in the Gulf of Mexico for a few years then "drug up" and went to work for family.  The Gulf is it's own animal.  Lax safety standards compared to some parts of the world (but better than others). It's pretty much feast or famine unless you're the top 10% in terms of ability and skill.   Unless there's hurricanes wiping things out it gets pretty thin.  But when times are good, the money can be absurd.  I never broke 80k, but the number of months I worked went from IIRC 10 a year to 6 by the time I got out of it.

Working "inland" like at ports, doing water tower or dam inspections sometimes it's local, sometimes it's almost all travel.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:44:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I have a family friends son who is a underwater welder, he claims he's making $250k/yr, I know he travels a lot all over the globe, he seems to be in high demand.

Think it's possible?

He never served in the armed forces, I believe he went to a trade school/apprenticeship.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

I have a family friends son who is a underwater welder, he claims he's making $250k/yr, I know he travels a lot all over the globe, he seems to be in high demand.

Think it's possible?

He never served in the armed forces, I believe he went to a trade school/apprenticeship.

It's *possible*.  The Gulf diving is mostly based around NOT having to weld underwater, everything is welded topside, and bolted together underwater.  

That being said, there are actual welders that dive, then crawl into a dry habitat and do structural repair work on rigs.  If he did something like that and was seriously hot shit I could see him making 250k a year.

Or if he does like Saturation diving, and uses the term underwater welder kind of like how people use clip to mean magazine, there's that too.  would need more info.

If he's under 27-30, I'd be skeptical.

About 1/3 of the Divers I worked with were prior service, for commercial diving in the states there's about 3 big tech schools and 2-3 smaller ones that do certifications.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your so vain.....

Paul won't be down for breakfast?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, got it.

Fiver.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Pretty much everyone here who has a picture of themselves as an avatar.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#43]
As dysfunctional as this forum can be sometimes I can't say that there is anyone here that really fits onto my shit list.

My posting record is anything but perfect after all so it doesn't make much sense to hold you guys/girls up to a higher standard. j/k
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm not wading through six pages, did we name names yet?

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup, you were on the list.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, many...but not "that guy" yet.

How about Mathew McConaughey?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Duh, I'm awesome.  Nowhere near the biggest ego in these parts though.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just pulling your leg buddy, and that's true.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top