Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I own page 2
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Just picked up my first one this evening.  Pretty amazed at the quality for $39.  Looks much more expensive.

Mine was a blem and I found a slight ding right at the front of the trigger cutout, in a very inconspicuous place. Had to look for several minutes to find it.  

If everything fits up well (and I expect it should) then I can recommend them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I wrenched one together and even though the fit is sloppy and everything seems to be slightly out of spec, it did go together and it shoots.

A buddy shooting it for the first time...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
used them to build one rifle for each of my girls.  took them out a couple weekends back. they seem to work great. Only time will tell but for 40 bucks a piece who gives a fuck.

http://<a href=http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/delemorte/Delemortes%20private/IMAG0748_zpskvs1olsh.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Where did you get purple magpul furniture?! My gf would love that.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks for this. They are fairly local to me. Didn't even know about that company. Looks like I will making a road trip and picking some up in person
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FatBoyTactical $39 blem lower

The blems are no worse than their non blems. I have buddies that work there, the only reason they call them blems is because when they price them cheaper they move more product.

Quoted:
I offered $65 I'll keep what you guys said  about $50 in mind....thanks

Thanks for this. They are fairly local to me. Didn't even know about that company. Looks like I will making a road trip and picking some up in person

They won't sell to the public, I live right down the street from them.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The blems are no worse than their non blems. I have buddies that work there, the only reason they call them blems is because when they price them cheaper they move more product.

Quoted:

Yeah I saw something about that on their website.  It's a shame.  They could be the Palmetto State Armory of Kentucky but they don't seem interested in it.

If you are looking for their lowers cheap you can always make the trip to Bud's/Gun Warehouse in Lexington.  They have/had them for $47 each, cash price.  No shipping charges, no dealer fees, just sales tax.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fat Boy Tactical ? Their website seems to say that you can pick up items at their store front.

My message does look like I meant Anderson Factory.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
used them to build one rifle for each of my girls.  took them out a couple weekends back. they seem to work great. Only time will tell but for 40 bucks a piece who gives a fuck.

http://<a href=http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq108/delemorte/Delemortes%20private/IMAG0748_zpskvs1olsh.jpg</a>" />

Dyed FDE

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_75/1670707_Make_it_purple_daddy_.html&light=purple
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#9]
my little horsey lowers are gtg,  I got 6 from psa when they were 49 bucks,  thinking damn they cant get much lower than this,  now look 39......

I said the same thing about the ptac ar10 lower and now I am wondering if prices will nosedive on those
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You can find them for $40 online every now and then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can find them for $40 online every now and then.

Local place just listed them in an add for $41 I think.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought one of the first I had seen when prices were in the $80 range. It went together well and looked good but had issues with GI aluminum mags. Tight front-to-back in the mag well. Would not drop most free.  Black Dog magazines had no issues so now it is a dedicated .22 lower. Because of this one lower I now insert magazines into those I want to purchase first-hand.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've had no problem with Andersons customer service.  I had 3 stripped uppers that the FA rollpin hole too big.  Anderson emailed me a UPS tracking label ASAP to return them and they sent out new ones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never heard of anyone complaining...aside from the gay horse logo and font.

I have one that is fine, another one won't take any upper receiver. I've tried 10 different uppers and none of them will fit.

When you pay $49 dollars for a stripped lower, expect $49 worth of customer service if there is a problem.

I've had no problem with Andersons customer service.  I had 3 stripped uppers that the FA rollpin hole too big.  Anderson emailed me a UPS tracking label ASAP to return them and they sent out new ones.
How did you contact them?

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#13]
There was a batch with tighter magwell.

Aluminum mags and Troy battle mags will drop free but Magpul will have hard time.

This was about April.  

So try your mags before buying.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I am not crazy about the horse logo but a local shop has them on sale for $41 and change so I said what the hell and bought one.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I am not crazy about the horse logo but a local shop has them on sale for $41 and change so I said what the hell and bought one.
View Quote
All I hear is not crazy about the horse logo, funny thing is Colt also has a horse. I did notice their lowers are a little tighter than most on the tolerances, I used to cheat with most and drive the role pin just a bit threw the first hole on the bolt release, can't do it with an Anderson, not enough clearance to get the lever in.
I got mine from Copes for $39+tax OTD =$45 I got enough to last a while. First time I do not have the need to finish any of them.
I do not see any reason to pay more unless you want a billet lower custom look, one of those can't tell it from others at 20+ feet.

Any more I just don't give much thought to the logos on the side what's in it and the upper interest me more. I really like the fit and finish of Spikes but I never did like Spiders, The older RRA logos sere neat and then they changed them.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the difference between these and the ones AIM has? Priced the same but these are advertised as blems?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#17]
$50 each out the door should be the magical price on these. That's what they are here, and I plan to do a super cheap truck gun build with one.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Widener's has them for $43, free shipping if you buy 5 or more. I bought 5 more to go with the 3 already in the safe
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I've bought three so far... Two are now complete rifles, one is still stripped waiting for me to be able to afford another build.

I like them, they have been problem free.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thanks all-he's stuck on $80 !  Looks like I can buy  two at that price.
View Quote

Factor in shipping and FFL transfer if the deal you are looking at does not need those.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry just being honest that I am not fully sold on the horse(maybe they will grow on me) I do like the Spider logo though
Quoted:
All I hear is not crazy about the horse logo, funny thing is Colt also has a horse. I did notice their lowers are a little tighter than most on the tolerances, I used to cheat with most and drive the role pin just a bit threw the first hole on the bolt release, can't do it with an Anderson, not enough clearance to get the lever in.

I got mine from Copes for $39+tax OTD =$45 I got enough to last a while. First time I do not have the need to finish any of them.

I do not see any reason to pay more unless you want a billet lower custom look, one of those can't tell it from others at 20+ feet.

Any more I just don't give much thought to the logos on the side what's in it and the upper interest me more. I really like the fit and finish of Spikes but I never did like Spiders, The older RRA logos sere neat and then they changed them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a few and they seem great so far.  

The guys at fat boy tactical are awesome.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#23]
thanks all found one for less than $50
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Just another lower. I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Got three of the AM15 integral trigger guard lowers. Bead blast finish is rough, but right on the money for the price. Would buy again, and again, and again.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a couple that assembled correctly and haven't had issues yet. Although I really don't need anymore lowers, it's always tempting at $40-$50. I just have to remind myself that it will invariably turn into a $1200 build.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Only problem I ever had with mine was that the buffer tube was extremely tight. Like, so tight it squeaked when I put it together, even with grease.

Good problem to have, as long as you never plan on disassembling it.  I never will, most likely.

Everything else was perfect. Pins went in perfectly, parts fit well, and the fit between the Anderson and my BCM upper was very tight without being any problem to assemble. All mags I've tested lock in positively and drop free.

Would buy again.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top