Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I've lived here in the same small town my whole life. Probably will die somewhere around here too.  I have no real desire to leave here, travel yes, but this will ALWAYS be my home.

My opinions on Morgantown wouldn't do you any good.  To me Morgantown is too fucking big and busy for me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#2]
West Virginia is a lot like southern Ohio, only not as ritzy.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#3]
They have mountain momas
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

OP, are you familiar with a pepperoni roll?  If not you will be, lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

OP, are you familiar with a pepperoni roll?  If not you will be, lol.
Pepper jack cheese pepperoni rolls are the best.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I've lived here in the same small town my whole life. Probably will die somewhere around here too.  I have no real desire to leave here, travel yes, but this will ALWAYS be my home.

My opinions on Morgantown wouldn't do you any good.  To me Morgantown is too fucking big and busy for me.
View Quote
That's cause you are from banjo country.  Not far from where I wasraised.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like banjos don't get me wrong, but they aren't played around here as much as some think
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I have eaten enough pepperoni rolls to sink a battleship.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]
It's one of my favorite states and I plan on buying land there eventually. Wild and wonderful is true.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Been in Morgantown just over a year now.  I like it well enough.  If you have specific questions about what its like here from the perspective of a 30 something who had never left South Carolina for more than vacation before coming here feel free to PM me I'd be glad to help.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Just keep an onion in your pocket and remember to memorize the lyrics to 'Reap the Wild Wind'.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Lived in Motown for 14 years (6 of which was for Wildlife undergraduate...). Stuck in Tx now, but miss WV. Plan on going back someday.  Beautiful country, but very economically depressed when I was there (80sand 90s).
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Don't listen to all the BS. Its not bad at all. Good hunting and fishing. Very gun friendly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They burn couches during football season.

Don't listen to all the BS. Its not bad at all. Good hunting and fishing. Very gun friendly

Morgantown i a great little town.  BIG college town.. WVU pretty much controls everything there and how it develops which i good.  It has grown exponentially in the last ten years.  Traffic can be a bitch during school sessions but there is great food, and events around and its nto too far from anything on the east coast especially with Pittsburgh Airport about an hour away.  

I lived and worked there for over five years and will go back at some point in the future.  PM with any questions you have I still have a lot of connections up there.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lived in Motown for 14 years (6 of which was for Wildlife undergraduate...). Stuck in Tx now, but miss WV. Plan on going back someday.  Beautiful country, but very economically depressed when I was there (80sand 90s).
View Quote

Hey! Mountaineer86 and I are former Wildlifers. I made it out in 5 and a summer
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I live in Iowa.
I've literally never been out of the central time zone.

What do I need to know about West Virginia?

Specifically the Morgantown area.
View Quote

it's very hilly, green in the summer, beautiful in the fall.
you'll probably like WV; pretty laid back people.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:00:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Typical WVU student on a fall Saturday afternoon.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I was born and raised in Davenport Iowa, all my family and wife's family still live there.
I now live in central Michigan. I only have visited southern West Virginia.  I liked it .
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Camp Dawson area?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:16:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What years were you there?  I was there 91-95
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:13:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Camp Dawson area?
View Quote

That's where WVU Army ROTC does some FTX's
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:38:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I like banjos don't get me wrong, but they aren't played around here as much as some think
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As someone who plays the banjo, I can verify that there are few banjo players in WV.  Virginia is the big place for banjos and bluegrass.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:54:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Watch Buckwild on MTV
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:56:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Rust belt
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

03-08
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Been through there a few times for work. On one of the main roads by the school, on a hill, is the WVU women's soccer building. They like to run for soccer in short black spandex shorts and sports bras.

Just sayin'
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#25]
I've liked West Virginia every time I've visited, but I'm usually outside somewhere away from the cities.  If you don't like outdoor activities, you may not like West-by-God.  If you do, lots of hiking, backpacking, rock climbing, and white water opportunities.  I don't know what the hunting is like there, but I assume there's plenty of it.

Also, ever go to your local Walmart and think, "Damn, these people are a mess."  Walmart in West Virginny will challenge your perception of what it means to be human.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Go rent the "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia".
View Quote

THIS.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I live in Iowa.

View Quote

If you like any pets outside of dogs or cats, don't come here.  Reference the Dangerous Wild Animals Act of 2014.  It's a disgusting law and very invasive.  

Oh, and this state sucks ass.  Honestly, it's a shit hole.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:25:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Been there for work several times.   Was there to inspect farms for building valuations to justify insurance.
Got chased down a public road by one crazy redneck who had decided that it was his private driveway.
Showed up at another place and Jr. was cleaning himself a groundhog for that evenings dinner.  He explained that baking them after rolling them in flour takes the gaminess out of them. Not judging as I grew up eating various game meat, just thought it was funny that it pegged the stereotype.
Jr. lived in the newer of two single wides on the parcel. Mom and dad in the other.   We were standing outside discussing the farming operations and needed to look at their policy for some reason. Poppa yells into the single wide to Momma to fetch the paperwork. Since she is 300 lbs plus and in a wheelchair I go to meet her at the door to take the papers from her. Poppa looks at me and says "you don't want to go anywhere near her" and then tells Jr. to fetch the papers from her. It wasn't really said as a threat, more of a warning like she is so freaking nasty you don't want to get near her.  

I'm told the compliment "nice tooth" is considered foreplay in most circles of WV.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Watch Buckwild on MTV
View Quote

Morgantown is nothing like Sissonville.  Trust me.  I lived in Morgantown for 4 years while at WVU.  I've lived in Sissonville the past 5 years.  Morgantown is full of sluts from New Jersey.  Sissonville is full of sluts from double wides.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've liked West Virginia every time I've visited, but I'm usually outside somewhere away from the cities.  If you don't like outdoor activities, you may not like West-by-God.  If you do, lots of hiking, backpacking, rock climbing, and white water opportunities.  I don't know what the hunting is like there, but I assume there's plenty of it.

Also, ever go to your local Walmart and think, "Damn, these people are a mess."  Walmart in West Virginny will challenge your perception of what it means to be human.
View Quote

You have never been to Gabriels clothes in Morgantown, have you?  
there are shoppers in there that are their own fathers...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I live in Iowa.

View Quote

/cue the banjos
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top