Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/20/2014 5:38:44 AM EDT
Here's a preview of gun ownership in America if we continue down the path we are headed.

Here's the introduction paragraph of the article:
Registered gun owners in the United Kingdom are now subject to unannounced visits to their homes under new guidance that allows police to inspect firearms storage without a warrant.

The new policy from the British Home Office went into effect Oct. 15, permitting police and constabularies to conduct surprise home visits to legitimate gun owners.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/10/19/uk-gun-owners-now-subject-to-warrantless-home-searches/@FoxNews
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:03:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Here's a preview of gun ownership in America if we continue down the path we are headed.

Registered gun owners in the United Kingdom are now subject to unannounced visits to their homes under new guidance that allows police to inspect firearms storage without a warrant.

The new policy from the British Home Office went into effect Oct. 15, permitting police and constabularies to conduct surprise home visits to legitimate gun owners.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/10/19/uk-gun-owners-now-subject-to-warrantless-home-searches/@FoxNews
View Quote

We have random gun safe checks here in Australia. Cop can come in, check your safe and then leave. Never had one but they have the right at any time. We don't lock up people for years for smoking a joint and don't give life sentences for the 3 strike for minor crime.  Every country has different laws go figure and the sky hasn't fallen in in all
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:04:12 AM EDT
[#2]
If you haven't done anything wrong then it shouldn't matter.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:05:25 AM EDT
[#3]

We've discussed this on Arfcom before. Evidently, according to our Brit Brothers, it's all just a big misunderstanding.

They don't have it any worse than in the U.S..

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:05:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
+1. They are just doing their job.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:08:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:13:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We've discussed this on Arfcom before. Evidently, according to our Brit Brothers, it's all just a big misunderstanding.

View Quote

Says the man from the state of "Stop and Frisk".

If your laws are so good why are there 2 million in jail?. That question may be well above your head.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:19:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  Same as the pastors in Houston should just hand over their sermons, you should simply accept random, warrantless searches of your car and house, and speaking out against affirmative action, gay lifestyle choices, and abortion should be considered a hate crime.

Jesus H. Fucking Christ you two, how can you even call yourself Americans?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:21:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If your laws are so good why are there 2 million in jail?. That question may be well above your head.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Land of the free. With the highest prison population in the world. 'Murica!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:22:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Exactly.  Same as the pastors in Houston should just hand over their sermons, you should simply accept random, warrantless searches of your car and house, and speaking out against affirmative action, gay lifestyle choices, and abortion should be considered a hate crime.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They only care about their pet things. Im still waiting for my question to be answered but I doubt they are up to it
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:26:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We have random gun safe checks here in Australia. Cop can come in, check your safe and then leave. Never had one but they have the right at any time. We don't lock up people for years for smoking a joint and don't give life sentences for the 3 strike for minor crime.  Every country has different laws go figure and the sky hasn't fallen in in all
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The legal tradition both our nations come from said:

"The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the force of the Crown. It may be frail, its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storms may enter,—the rain may enter,—but the King of England cannot enter; all his forces dare not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement!"

William Pitt, 1st Earl of Chatham

It is a pity sir that you have lost that tradition. We have not.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:27:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I reckon most Aussies and Brits agree that you can keep most of your fucked up laws and your prisons too
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:30:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:31:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

"The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the force of the Crown. It may be frail, its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storms may enter,—the rain may enter,—but the King of England cannot enter; all his forces dare not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did he say about the 3 strike rule? Stop and Frisk? Interstate Commerce? Ya reckon the King of England would hang a borderline retard like they do in Texas?

Don't be so self-righteous and don't fool yourself. The US incarcerates like no other.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:32:10 AM EDT
[#14]
The UK is where the police shot a fare jumper on a subway 5 times in the head while they held him down, so I wouldn't go too far with that sentiment.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
UK: Someone thinks gunowner is a thread, calls cops, cops do an unannounced welfare check during daylight hours.....

(some parts of the) US: Someone thinks gunowner is a thread, calls cops, cops get a warrant, SWAT team conducts a no-knock raid in the middle of the night.......
View Quote

And then jails the homeowner for defending himself.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:34:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope your not serious.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:34:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:35:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What did he say about the 3 strike rule? Stop and Frisk? Interstate Commerce? Ya reckon the King of England would hang a borderline retard like they do in Texas?

Don't be so self-righteous and don't fool yourself. The US incarcerates like no other.

View Quote

3 strike is a state thing and bad policy. Stop and frisk, you probably have something similar. I don't know about England but in parts of western Europe they aren't as restricted as US cops. Yeah I think the King of England would hang a borderline retard, considering they had the death penalty last time they had a king.

I'm not being self righteous by the way, just bothered that you don't even want your home to be your castle.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:37:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The UK is where the police shot a fare jumper on a subway 5 times in the head while they held him down, so I wouldn't go too far with that sentiment.
View Quote

Who do you reckon shoots more innocent civilians. The Australian, British or US Police Forces?

and remember you guys are the best at everything
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:40:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

3 strike is a state thing and bad policy. Stop and frisk, you probably have something similar. I don't know about England but in parts of western Europe they aren't as restricted as US cops. Yeah I think the King of England would hang a borderline retard, considering they had the death penalty last time they had a king.

I'm not being self righteous by the way, just bothered that you don't even want your home to be your castle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on man the Police do 1000's of home raids in the US EVERY FUCKING DAY! Where's the fucking king when you need him!

YOU CANT BE FUCKING SERIOUS!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NYC was involved in "Stop and Frisk", not NYS. Obviously geography was not your strongest subject.

Or maybe it was.

I'm thoroughly baffled as to why you would have a problem equating good laws with people actually being in jail. Unless, of course, it's a byproduct of your penal colony background.

Don't worry about anything you say being over my head. "Down Under" seems to describe much more than just your global position.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:41:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Dupe:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1676151_UK_Cops_To_Enter_Gun_Owners__Homes__Secure_Weapons_Using_Anti_Terror_Laws.html

This was covered here.

Not warrantless searches as the OP claims.

Reading is fundamental.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dupe:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1676151_UK_Cops_To_Enter_Gun_Owners__Homes__Secure_Weapons_Using_Anti_Terror_Laws.html

This was covered here.

Reading is fundamental.

As I said. Just a big misunderstanding.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:43:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't know if it helps but between 1995 and 2010, UK police shot and killed 33 people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who do you reckon shoots more innocent civilians. The Australian, British or US Police Forces?

I don't know if it helps but between 1995 and 2010, UK police shot and killed 33 people.

If America was full of British people we could do the same.

My city of 50,000 killed 6 last year I think.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:43:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Come on man the Police do 1000's of home raids in the US EVERY FUCKING DAY! Where's the fucking king when you need him!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And in every case they needed a warrant.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:44:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:46:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thing is, so many anti-gunners want us to follow England's example.
And probably feel it's "OK" to do this - that it's OK for citizens to lose freedom for others to feel safe at night.

cos remember, to the anti-gunners they consider the "dangerous" people to be armed citizens, NOT the criminals.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:48:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:48:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Can you guys see my shocked face ok?

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:49:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So your home is the DA's Castle. At least in your ridiculous example (which is bullshit BTW) the King couldn't enter.

You have not a clue of which you speak.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And probably feel it's "OK" to do this - that it's OK for citizens to lose freedom for others to feel safe at night.

cos remember, to the anti-gunners they consider the "dangerous" people to be armed citizens, NOT the criminals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you talking to yourself?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:53:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:56:27 AM EDT
[#33]
The guidance now reads:

"Where it is judged necessary, based on specific intelligence in light of a particular threat, or risk of harm, the police may undertake an unannounced home visit to check the security of a certificate holder’s firearms and shotguns. It is not expected that the police will undertake an unannounced home visit at an unsocial hour unless there is a justified and specific requirement to do so on the grounds of crime prevention or public safety concerns and the police judge that this action is both justified and proportionate.

It is recognised that there is no new power of entry for police or police staff when conducting home visits. To mitigate any misunderstanding on the part of the certificate holder the police must provide a clear and reasoned explanation to the certificate holder at the time of the visit.''

Lots of double talk in that "guidance".

They won't "visit" at a "unsocial hour"......Unless they want to.

That guidance is not a law, it more of a suggestion.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:01:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

NYC was involved in "Stop and Frisk", not NYS. Obviously geography was not your strongest subject.

Or maybe it was.

I'm thoroughly baffled as to why you would have a problem equating good laws with people actually being in jail. Unless, of course, it's a byproduct of your penal colony background.

Don't worry about anything you say being over my head. "Down Under" seems to describe much more than just your global position.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or maybe it was.

What "good laws" are you talking about?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Or the sensational hyping of a non-story by people who don't know what they are talking about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dupe:

This was covered here.

Reading is fundamental.

As I said. Just a big misunderstanding.

Or the sensational hyping of a non-story by people who don't know what they are talking about.

Do you even GD, bro?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:03:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You'll get this a lot in GD.

Many of the people who post here have never left their own state, let alone have experience of what it is like to live in another country.  For the most part they have been fed misinformation to satisfy a third party agenda and they genuinely know no different.  That's not a criticism or a piss-take - it's an honest observation.

Best just to be patient and calm, and explain the reality of the situation.  

People will not have the opportunity to change their views if we don't provide them with the information that enables them to do so.
View Quote

Patriotic somewhat Anti-UK guy quotes the so-called law in the time of a 14th century English King (which was wrong BTW) and says he believes in this "tradition" and that aussies have lost it. When its pointed out that what happens in the US (who doesn't have a king because they kicked him out) is the opposite of that he says but "the police have a warrant"

How can I not challenge that thought process? That's some mental gymnastics of the highest order.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:04:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, at least a piece of paper with a rubber stamp.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Same in the UK.  

Like I said, non-story.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same in the UK.  

Like I said, non-story.

I'm speaking of Australia, not the UK.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:07:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Or maybe it was.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or maybe it was.

Its way over your head as I suspected.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:09:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lets await the US results shall we
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:09:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Many of the people who post here have never left their own state, let alone have experience of what it is like to live in another country.  For the most part they have been fed misinformation to satisfy a third party agenda and they genuinely know no different.  That's not a criticism or a piss-take - it's an honest observation.

People will not have the opportunity to change their views if we don't provide them with the information that enables them to do so.
View Quote

I've been to every country in Western Europe with the exception of Andorra, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, San Marino and the Nordics. Most recently for three months. I've even been harrassed by the police in Italy and the Netherlands.

I was going to try and meet up with you in England but I had limited time and made a rough plan with Screech and that fell through.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:12:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think its time you sat back down.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:12:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Truth.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

In America the States vary WIDELY on gun laws and rights.

Some are as bad as Australia and I THANK GOD I do not live in one of those Gestapo types of States.

I would NEVER accept or defend your Australian inspection laws..........your doing so is troublesome to me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:14:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Patriotic somewhat Anti-UK guy quotes the so-called law in the time of a 14th century English King (which was wrong BTW) and says he believes in this "tradition" and that aussies have lost it. When its pointed out that what happens in the US (who doesn't have a king because they kicked him out) is the opposite of that he says but "the police have a warrant"

How can I not challenge that thought process? That's some mental gymnastics of the highest order.

View Quote

Tell me how it is wrong. And it wasn't the 14th century it was the 18th. That's William Pitt the Elder, for your Googling convenience. Also you should know that in the US the traditional form of "The King" as a legal entity has been replaced by the state (see Common Sense by Thomas Paine for background on how this revolution in legal affairs came to public popularity.

I'm simply mocking you for not insisting that a search of your home require a warrant. I wouldn't mock you if you had to submit unhappily to warrantless searches.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:16:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's time you conversed in a civilised manner. I even favour your spelling in the interest of cameraderie.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:25:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Some are as bad as Australia and I THANK GOD I do not live in one of those Gestapo types of States.

I would NEVER accept or defend your Australian inspection laws..........your doing so is troublesome to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't be so stupid to infer that every law in the US you 100% agree with and if you were to state what all these laws were I wouldn't infer that you were defending them all either. The law is what the law is and im a law abiding citizen as I hope you are.

Some of your laws are down right fucking diabolical and I know you couldn't possibly agree with all of them. Because im not an idiot and neither are you.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:27:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks like a defense of the law to me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:28:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I wouldn't be so stupid to infer that every law in the US you 100% agree with and if you were to state what all these laws were I wouldn't infer that you were defending them all either. The law is what the law is and im a law abiding citizen as I hope you are.

Some of your laws are down right fucking diabolical and I know you couldn't possibly agree with all of them. Because im not an idiot and neither are you.
View Quote

The thrust of my post was to get you to OBJECT to those types of laws in Australia.

Your post sounded like you were defeated and accept it................then you deflect and say America has bad laws, practices, etc.

Well of course we do.............DUH!

But that doesn't change the thrust of my post...............OBJECT to these laws and NEVER stop trying to get them overturned.

I have always been involved in stopping anti-gun laws, etc., by donating time and money to 2A issues.

You should do the same rather than ridicule some other country's laws.

You know what I would have said if I was Australian and someone pointed out that stupid Gestapo like law(?)..................."I hate and am embarrassed that we have such a law"...............that's what I would have said.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:35:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top