User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh, that explains it then. I've worked jobs in Kansas and Nebraska and if you want to see states completely deprived of any culinary soul look no further.

I still can't believe that despite all the corn they grow I couldn't find grits anywhere.

View Quote

Kansas City makes the best BBQ in the world, so you obviously weren't in KC.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:26:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

A chili is a stew of cubed meat, chilies and spices. That's...what the fucking dish is. You're kind of stating the obvious, while thinking you've made a clever point. Ya haven't.

And supposing you're not a culinary retard, you'd realize that beans are superfluous when the dish is prepared correctly and traditionally. They don't do anything. If you make it the way the OP's wife did, then all bets are off. Have at it. By all means, add beans. It's already fucked up beyond saving, so have at it. It can't hurt. Cerely is nice, too. And why not add some sweet potato? Fuck it man, go to town.

And while you're in the mood to make food without the totalitarian burden of having to name it correctly, why not make an ice cream and call it Baba Ganoush? I mean, it's not like words mean anything, so go to town!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chili has beans, period.

If you make it like his wife did, you might as well add them. Add some corn, and carrots and shit, while you're at it. At this point, it doesn't really matter.

And this is the problem with the "beaners" on arfcom - they're fucking up the fundamentals, which is why beans are required to "fix" it.

That'd be a stew or a soup.

Which can have all of those things.

Chili has beans.  Fact.

A chili is a stew of cubed meat, chilies and spices. That's...what the fucking dish is. You're kind of stating the obvious, while thinking you've made a clever point. Ya haven't.

And supposing you're not a culinary retard, you'd realize that beans are superfluous when the dish is prepared correctly and traditionally. They don't do anything. If you make it the way the OP's wife did, then all bets are off. Have at it. By all means, add beans. It's already fucked up beyond saving, so have at it. It can't hurt. Cerely is nice, too. And why not add some sweet potato? Fuck it man, go to town.

And while you're in the mood to make food without the totalitarian burden of having to name it correctly, why not make an ice cream and call it Baba Ganoush? I mean, it's not like words mean anything, so go to town!

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:30:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like my mom's "chili" which is sweet, has both corn and beans and contains no chilis or chili powder.

It's fucking gross.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:32:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, that explains it then. I've worked jobs in Kansas and Nebraska and if you want to see states completely deprived of any culinary soul look no further.

I still can't believe that despite all the corn they grow I couldn't find grits anywhere.

I have found the claims that Kansas City, Missouri makes the best barbeque dubious at best. Any barbeque that needs a thick sweet sauce slathered on it to make it good is suspect.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:36:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have found the claims that Kansas City, Missouri makes the best barbeque dubious at best. Any barbeque that needs a thick sweet sauce slathered on it to make it good is suspect.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you went to a place that served the BBQ pre-sauced, you didn't go to a good KC BBQ joint.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:43:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

If you went to a place that served the BBQ pre-sauced, you didn't go to a good KC BBQ joint.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And if you put beans in your chili, you don't know what the hell chili is.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:45:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Your problem is that you had Hot Dog Sauce, since you didn't put beans in the chili.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top