BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, when my fucked up, piece of shit uncle destroyed all of my great-grandfathers war mementos/guns...

Link, if you can stomach it...
View Quote

Didn't he get arrested?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

replace the stock furniture with FDE, or burnt (insert color) the entire gun.  Then there's the AR stocks on AK crowd.  You want a 30 cal to look like an AR, buy a blackout upper.
View Quote
Lulz.  You'd hate most of my rifles.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Look, it is the gun that Arnold used in Eraser! Only it is missing the barrel.....and forearm......and someone torched the receiver and bolt........
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/meestermurphy/media/10385556_10152708781227118_7446163944575280438_n_zpsac91a8bf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/meestermurphy/10385556_10152708781227118_7446163944575280438_n_zpsac91a8bf.jpg</a>

View Quote

What the hell.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah, when my fucked up, piece of shit uncle destroyed all of my great-grandfathers war mementos/guns...

View Quote

I remember reading that thread when you first posted it. That... sucked.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#5]

They must not understand what 'irony' means.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

x2

Flaming liberal anti-gun Uncle got my grandfather's WWII heirlooms and sold them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Give heirloom guns to family, who then sell the firearms.

x2

Flaming liberal anti-gun Uncle got my grandfather's WWII heirlooms and sold them.

not as bad as the above guy, whos uncle got all grandpas ww2 bring backs, and band sawed the all up a few hours after the guy tried to get his inheirtance.. because guns are evil.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lots of people bitched at me when I polished and nickel-plated grand-dad's old .45 Luger, but it was badly pitted so it seemed like the right thing to do.  
View Quote

This has to be a troll post
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want to cry and throw up at the same time.

Some of Dad's guns were stolen before he passed. I was mad about that, but that did remind me I should appreciate the ones that were left.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#10]
if i refinish and highly polish one of these, will i be fucking up??? im SERIOUSLY considering making a pretty wall hanger from one. no cutting.. just refinishing and polishing.

it would NOT be a ww2 model. id get something post ww2 to bubba.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:49:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
if i refinish and highly polish one of these, will i be fucking up??? im SERIOUSLY considering making a pretty wall hanger from one. no cutting.. just refinishing and polishing.

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp58/buck19delta/images4_zpseb3bb186.jpg
View Quote

Greatly depends on what it is. A mismatched beater 1916/17/18 RSAF Enfield or BSA rifle, or a post-WWII Ishapore? Have at it. Shitloads of those around.

A 1936 ERI Ishapore or a 1930's Lithgow? Oh, hell no.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp58/buck19delta/images4_zpseb3bb186.jpg
View Quote

Please don't I have one that a previous owner refinished and put a coat of gloss on. THe refinishing job isn't horrible, but it just doesn't look right on that gun. A SMLE needs to be a flat, dirty, dark wood color that show it's age and use.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

That actually got my heart rate up. Just...damn.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Except for the stickers that is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#15]

First thing I thought of.  How could anyone who'd used a Dremel before think that could end well?

The only ameliorating factor is that AR barrels are about as rare as fleas on stray dog.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He forgets to mention it got better And it shoots a million times better now Dummy btw

It's my gun related derp moment and I embrace it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/sablephoenixxm/Chris05_zps55c892d2.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
He forgets to mention it got better And it shoots a million times better now Dummy btw

It's my gun related derp moment and I embrace it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/sablephoenixxm/Chris05_zps55c892d2.jpg

Yeah I'd be upset with myself too if I bought a Glock
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
replace the stock furniture with FDE, or burnt (insert color) the entire gun.  Then there's the AR stocks on AK crowd.  You want a 30 cal to look like an AR, buy a blackout upper.

People who get worked up about the aesthetics of tools crack me up. If it's somehow collectible or a family heirloom I understand otherwise its just a tool. God forbid someone try to make something more practical.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My old MG shooting buddy painted his BAR lime green
http://i61.tinypic.com/143hkld.jpg
View Quote

Oh that's just WRONG.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

OK.  That's truly unforgivable.  Fucker should coc violation.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Wife of a WWII vet turned in a flawless Luger to the county PD, and insisted that it be destroyed even after being told of it's value and receiving offers to buy.
View Quote

Hell, sounds like some cop got a free flawless Luger.  Lucky bastard.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Could be they want the perceived advantages of the AK but still want the ergonomic advances of the AR.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#22]

I have a Kimber Pro Carry SLE that I never liked the looks of. I decided to polish the sides of the slide to a brushed look.

First side went great, about 20 passes across a strip of 150 grit emery cloth glued to a pane of glass did the trick. Flipped the slide over, made twenty passes

on the ejection port side, uh oh....waves and depressions cast into slide... deep ones.  By the time I finally polished them out, the cocking grooves were nearly gone,

the SLE stamped into the slide was gone, and possibly so much metal was removed that the gun is no longer safe to shoot. It now sits in the gun safe

as a reminder to stop gunsmithing!

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Colt Monitor drilled/tapped for a scope base.............
View Quote

Tar. Feathers. Bullwhip.    
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Wow. Who would fuck up a Singer1911 like that?

My faith in humanity decreases every day.  

Quoted:
My favorite, as retold here several times, was the sandpapered and cold blued Singer M1911A1.

My father had a penchant for those zip-up cloth pistol cases, his S&W Combat Masterpiece rusted up pretty bad in one. That's all I can think of at the moment.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Is that the "Baked Glock"? I refinished that one for him, looks much better now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I bought an L C Smith double for $50 at a gunshow, the seller had sanded it to bare metal, and sprayed it with Rustoleum BBQ black, because it had a little rust. He also sanded the stock, checkering and all, and sprayed with aerosol clear coat. It shoots great, and you should have seen the look on his face when I told him I would have paid 5 times as much if he had just left it alone
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Colt Monitor drilled/tapped for a scope base.............
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

There was a period of time where that seemed to be the standard. Late 60's, early 70's it seems. DL #'s were also quite common.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Electric pencil their social security number on the receiver of an old Winchester 94

There was a period of time where that seemed to be the standard. Late 60's, early 70's it seems. DL #'s were also quite common.

I have an old model 88 with a name electro penciled on the bottom of the receiver.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Crush and discard a Saiga receiver because they noticed it didn't have a serial number. I did forgive him though.
View Quote

I'd really like to know the full story on this one.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Don't you mean ex-wife?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My buddies wife got mad at the range and through a loaded pistol and my buddies head. Bounced off his skull and skipped down range on the concrete...

Don't you mean ex-wife?

...and 'threw'. Completely ruins the context though.

She got mad at the 'range'. Gotta wonder what the range did to piss her off.

She contorted herself through a loaded pistol and through some guy's head....then she bounced off his skull and went merrily skipping downrange on the concrete.

That would have been pretty trippy to see.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crush and discard a Saiga receiver because they noticed it didn't have a serial number. I did forgive him though.

I second that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I second that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I second that.

Motion passed. Skillshot, the floor is yours.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lots of people bitched at me when I polished and nickel-plated grand-dad's old .45 Luger, but it was badly pitted so it seemed like the right thing to do.  

Considering that only one .45 Luger still exists, I would say it is.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#34]
My drill sergeant in basic ripped an m4 out of this pvts hands.  Then he spun around holding the end of barrel and launched it through the air and it smacked against a tree.  It loaded a blank round and there was a little bits of tree in the rail but everything else was fine.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:07:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Bubbaing a French receiver Finnish Mosin.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#36]
I was going to post pictures of Cpt Crunch working over a literal shit ton of M1 Garands but I couldn't bear to look for it.    
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#37]
My cousin proudly sent me this.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#38]

Not nearly as bad as the others.. but still
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Which reminds me, Springfield still needs to bring the damned GI model back.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I was going to post pictures of Cpt Crunch working over a literal shit ton of M1 Garands but I couldn't bear to look for it.    
View Quote

Call me crazy, but I'd like to see that, if for no other reason than to glean the painful lesson from the pics.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Call me crazy, but I'd like to see that, if for no other reason than to glean the painful lesson from the pics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worst story I think I ever heard about the Captain was a full crate of NIB BAR's, such early production that had the Colt "Royal Blue" finish instead of parkerization.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Worst story I think I ever heard about the Captain was a full crate of NIB BAR's, such early production that had the Colt "Royal Blue" finish instead of parkerization.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm new here so I don't really know all that much, but who is the Captain? and why does he destroy amazing guns????
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm new here so I don't really know all that much, but who is the Captain? and why does he destroy amazing guns????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Google Webcache of "Historical Genocide at Anniston"

Excerpt:

The demil process kicked into high gear after the August 1993 start-up. In a March 1994 interview, spokesman Larry Wilson said that "Captain Crunch" had ground up 307,000 firearms at a cost of a little more than $1,000,000.

Wilson gave a break-down of the guns destroyed as of March 1994 as follows: .45 caliber automatic pistols (110,000), M-14 rifles (50,000), M1 carbines (45,000), M1903A3 drill rifles (40,000), M1 Garands (30,000), M3 .45 "grease guns" (20,000), M1903 Springfields (6,000), and M12 .22 caliber target rifles (6,000). Wilson calculated it had cost $3.52 to destroy each weapon and the Material Command was destroying 3,000 guns per day.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Oh man...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The most unforgivable thing to do to a gun?

Other than the typical ruining of a collectible firearm, every single stippling job ever done to a Glock and others.

I've only seen one "look" decent.  It never adds any value to a single Glock and makes it nearly impossible to sell other than as parts.
View Quote

Some people have their guns modified to...I don't know...improve function. But I guess on ARFCOM there's always a few who play Barbie and are only concerned with looks. Who buys a gun worried about the value?  Never sell a damn gun.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Some people have their guns modified to...I don't know...improve function. But I guess on ARFCOM there's always a few who play Barbie and are only concerned with looks. Who buys a gun worried about the value?  Never sell a damn gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other than the typical ruining of a collectible firearm, every single stippling job ever done to a Glock and others.

I've only seen one "look" decent.  It never adds any value to a single Glock and makes it nearly impossible to sell other than as parts.

Yup. A Glock or M&P frame is hardly valuable in any way.  $100 for a full replacement.

He's probably the same type of person who thinks upgrading a poly pistol in an easy is a waste and i should just "buy a 1911" if I want a nice gun.

I don't fault the old guys who put their name or SSN on their gun. People do the same thing with tools and it shows the mentality of the person using it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Turn them into safe Queens
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yup. A Glock or M&P frame is hardly valuable in any way.  $100 for a full replacement.

He's probably the same type of person who thinks upgrading a poly pistol in an easy is a waste and i should just "buy a 1911" if I want a nice gun.

I don't fault the old guys who put their name or SSN on their gun. People do the same thing with tools and it shows the mentality of the person using it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But....the value....  Functionality be damned....

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm gonna have to go with the tacticool mosin. It's just.. awful. So awful.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm gonna have to go with the tacticool mosin. It's just.. awful. So awful.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/GMCMA/Other%20stuff/-000tacmos.jpg
View Quote

That looks like a Mosin having a 3 way with an AR.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top