BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:10:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why are cat haters so preoccupied with violence and homosexuality?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate cats, they use my yard with small rocks as a fucking litter box. My dogs get cats fairly often and it is the end for the cat when they do. Best one was the cat that thought it could sit on the fence and antagonize the dogs until one jumped up and got it, it was tug of war after that.

I don't like cat people at all. Men that own cats make me think they take it up the ass as they are secretly a woman, women are the ones that love cats.

Why are cat haters so preoccupied with violence and homosexuality?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Small Penis syndrome. It's a curse for these little guys.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:11:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Apparently this may be a natural defense mechanism your body has formed to keep you away from parasites.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate cats, they use my yard with small rocks as a fucking litter box. My dogs get cats fairly often and it is the end for the cat when they do. Best one was the cat that thought it could sit on the fence and antagonize the dogs until one jumped up and got it, it was tug of war after that.

I don't like cat people at all. Men that own cats make me think they take it up the ass as they are secretly a woman, women are the ones that love cats.

Apparently this may be a natural defense mechanism your body has formed to keep you away from parasites.

Now I know you're trolling.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:14:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't read in the local paper where a 1 year old baby had to have facial reconstruction because of a cat.  Dogs are loyal until they bite,  then they are "just playing"
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:16:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Don't eat cat shit from an infected cat.  Problem solved!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TOXOPLASMOSIS.

Don't eat cat shit from an infected cat.  Problem solved!

Infected cat. Repeat. infected cat.

Don't play tug of war with a rabid dog. Don't play keep away with an aggressive pit bull. Don't let your baby play with an untrained dog...
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:18:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

if you die alone in your house with your 14 cats, they will eat your body, if i die alone with my dogs, they will starve to death guarding me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Junk article.

Hello, Cat Lady.

My smart cat will kick your dumb dog's ass!

if you die alone in your house with your 14 cats, they will eat your body, if i die alone with my dogs, they will starve to death guarding me

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:20:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Junk article.

Hello, Cat Lady.

My smart cat will kick your dumb dog's ass!

well, looks like we know who the resident arfcom cat appologist is
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:26:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

well, looks like we know who the resident arfcom cat appologist is
View Quote

So say's the <removed - T7>  that thinks in "Hallmark" moments, and is delusional enough to think his starving dogs would NEVER eating his corpse, even if the animals were really hungry.

Because they really, and trully love him. And would die right next to his meat, just like a girlfriend he will never have.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:29:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I know people here will disagree, but I've never seen a cat come when its name was called.

I've never seen a cat even react when its name was called.

Contrast that to the dumbest dog I've seen, and it's a world of difference.  

Cats are very good at training loyal humans, apparently.

View Quote

my old kat did.   My girlfriend at the time named him Kitty Man so I got to stand outside at 10pm yelling "here kitty man, here kitty man".   Thank god this was pre mass interent or I'd be on youtube somewhere.

he would also play fetch.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:44:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

my old kat did.   My girlfriend at the time named him Kitty Man so I got to stand outside at 10pm yelling "here kitty man, here kitty man".   Thank god this was pre mass interent or I'd be on youtube somewhere.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know people here will disagree, but I've never seen a cat come when its name was called.

My cat Jihad comes running when I call his name and when I tell him the window's open. He likes to sit in the window. He also meows at me when I talk to him. Prolly telling me to shut up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:45:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My cat Jihad comes running when I call his name and when I tell him the window's open. He likes to sit in the window. He also meows at me when I talk to him. Prolly telling me to shut up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm laughing at the image of you calling out to "Jihad."
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I won't associate with any individual who claims to HATE a domestic animal. I like dogs, I like cats. Neither species deserves the abuse which some feel compelled to visit upon them

Cats are aloof, independent, clever, and self-centered -- in short, they have stereotypically feminine attributes. Men who despise cats are, deep down inside, intimidated by females. I'm sorry you doubt your own manhood so much that you find it necessary to kill a wandering cat.

Oh, and shitting in your flowers? You must lay awake at night thinking of ways to get back at squirrels, raccoons, field mice, birds, and every other living thing which relieves itself outdoors.

Fuck cat-haters.
View Quote

I don't see how aloof, independent, clever and self-centered can be qualified as "feminine" attributes.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Okay. You convinced me. Tape him up and slap a label on there. I believe you have my address.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Okay. You convinced me. Tape him up and slap a label on there. I believe you have my address.

LoL  We let the mom have two litters , about 16 or so kitties total . And as we expected , had no problem giving them away through the Agway bulletin board.

After, we had Mom and Dad fixed . We kept two for ourselves , Max , the black one , and K.K. (Kalashnakitty) , a multi colored .

Max turned out to be the best and most personable cat I ever had . . . . poor little KK , she up and vanished one day , probably a meal for a fox or yote .

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Were you this angry before the cat parasites?

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So in different words, cats are members of the Democratic Party.
View Quote

Cats are Libertarians.  They take care of their own stuff and are not dependent on welfare, unlike dogs.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#16]
If you guys who have cats as pets really love them please be responsible pet owners and keep them in your home.

It would prevent more people from becoming rabidly anti cat.

U.S. cats kill more than the previous estimate of 1 billion native birds and other animals every year — possibly as many as 4 billion.  Read more: http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/blogs/outdoor-cats-are-prolific-killers-study-finds#ixzz3Gb3v4q5h
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Our cat will come almost every time we call her name.

She is a feral cat that was rescued from the wild as a kitten.  She is fiercely independent and she hates everybody in world except my wife and I, whom she loves dearly.   She really hates our one year old granddaughter that comes and visits about once a week. I think she spends the week trying to figure out how do away with the granddaughter so the authorities will never find out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Cats are stoic, independent creatures unlike their needy K9 counterparts.
View Quote
Yep. The animal for the man who doesn't crave validation.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you guys who have cats as pets really love them please be responsible pet owners and keep them in your home.

U.S. cats kill more than the previous estimate of 1 billion native birds and other animals every year — possibly as many as 4 billion.  Read more: http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/blogs/outdoor-cats-are-prolific-killers-study-finds#ixzz3Gb3v4q5h
View Quote

Isn't that the point of cats?  The whole declawed, indoor cat thing is a relatively modern spin on the whole "cat as a pet" thing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

lol . . . no.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#22]
In other news, water is wet.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#23]
A dog will fucking DIE for you. A cat will not....the conversion stops right there for me.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Convinced me, I'm tossing my cat in the garbage after reading that article.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

http://i59.tinypic.com/6drhwl.jpg
View Quote

You don't have a trash compactor to do the job right?  
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A dog will fucking DIE for you. A cat will not....the conversion stops right there for me.

View Quote

I can cite a few instances where the vehicles and property of acquaintances of mine were burgled and their dogs never barked...despite being tied up right next to said vehicles.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ah yes, the Mother Nature Network, reporting on an estimate by the American Bird Consevancy - a totally unbiased and reputable source for the myth for cats killing BILLIONS of birds every year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah yes, the Mother Nature Network, reporting on an estimate by the American Bird Consevancy - a totally unbiased and reputable source for the myth for cats killing BILLIONS of birds every year.

... and acting as if animals getting killed is not a perfectly natural thing.  They don't even pretend to argue that this is threatening any populations, it;s just supposed to be enough that some die.  

I read it the opposite way the writers probably intended and developed a new appreciation for house cats - I think we have enough rats and lizards in most human neighborhoods as it is.  The songbird link below the article had the most potential to actually establishing a real problem, but it argued along the lines I was thinking.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He read your post.
He's watching you now....and planning your death.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He read your post. He's watching you now....and planning your death.

ETA: Load up now he's making his move!

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I can cite a few instances where the vehicles and property of acquaintances of mine were burgled and their dogs never barked...despite being tied up right next to said vehicles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just stop....this is silly.

Cite all you like but there is a reason why law enforcement and military utilize the K9 and not the feline.

Personally, I'd be more interested in hearing about all the burglaries that were thwarted and lives saved by the family cat.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Cite all you like but there is a reason why law enforcement and military utilize the K9 and not the feline.

Personally, I'd be more interested in hearing about all the burglaries that were thwarted and lives saved by the family cat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ya know , you're right . . . .they are a completely worthless species . We must begin the xenocide immediately . All cats to be terminated , globally .

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Ya know , you're right . . . .they are a completely worthless species . We must begin the xenocide immediately . All cats to be terminated , globally .

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Allow me to retort with my own brand of sarcasm....

Cats are wonderful creatures..... One second you're lovingly petting them, the next second you're removing their buried, playful claws from your shredded forearm.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Cats are wonderful creatures..... One second you're lovingly petting them, the next second you're removing their buried, playful claws from your shredded forearm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe you should stick to beasts less lethal . . . like gerbils or hamsters , maybe.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:47:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Selectively breed a large cat species to be trainable and work oriented and you would end up with a far more effective offensive weapon than any dog breed.

Your '"thwarted" comments absolutely fall apart when you compare similarly sized canines to cats. A 5lb Yorkie isn't stopping shit.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Selectively breed a large cat species to be trainable and work oriented and you would end up with a far more effective offensive weapon than any dog breed.

Your '"thwarted" comments absolutely fall apart when you compare similarly sized canines to cats. A 5lb Yorkie isn't stopping shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're saying an 85 pound mountain lion would make a practical family pet? I'm confused.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you want Tigers?

Because that's how you get Tigers...

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Figure out how to get a tank to fly and you have a far more rugged attack aircraft than an Apache.

But, eventually you realize the premise is absurd due to the basic realities of the nature of the different platforms.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Further....

The 5 lb Yorkie, yeah, it may get punted across the room or squashed under foot....but it might die trying to protect you or your child. That was my whole point. A cat 9 out of 10 times will run or worse....just fucking sit there while you die.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#40]

1. Pigs

Family members of 69-year-old Terry Vance
Garner were shocked to discover the hog farmer's dentures and an
undisclosed body part in the family's pig enclosure several hours after
Garner went missing. Authorities think Garner either suffered a heart
attack or was knocked over by the 700-pound animals before being killed
and eaten. His brother describes the self-professed animal lover as a "good-hearted guy" whose animals were his life.

2. A hippo

Last year, a 40-year-old former Army
major was killed in South Africa after being savagely bitten to death by
his pet hippopotamus, Humphrey. The man had adopted the 1.2-ton
creature when it was just 5 months old, after the animal was rescued
from a flood. "Humphrey's like a son to me, he's just like a human," he said.
"There's a relationship between me and Humphrey and that's what some
people don't understand." Experts have since noted that hippos are
actually the most dangerous animals in Africa, killing more people each
year than lions, elephants, leopards, buffalo, and rhinos combined.

3. Cats

In 2010, dozens of cats had to be removed
from a northwestern Pennsylvania home where coroners said the animals
had started gnawing at the foot of a dead man, 74, and his deceased
mother, 94. The man had apparently been the caretaker for his mother, who died of dehydration after
her son suffered a heart attack. Left with no other source of food
besides their owners' corpses, the cats' survival instincts apparently
took over.

4. Pugs

In 2009, a small pair of pugs in Nebraska
survived for two weeks on the deceased corpse of their owner after he
shot himself. After being found, the dogs were subsequently put up for
adoption. A Humane Society spokesman said the animals were unlikely to
suffer any lasting psychological damage because "they don't have memories like people."

View Quote

http://theweek.com/article/index/234159/6-terrifying-instances-of-pets-eating-their-owners

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Your cat would kill you and eat you if it thought it could get away with it.
View Quote

Your dog will wait for you to die and then eat you.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

So you're saying an 85 pound mountain lion would make a practical family pet? I'm confused.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Practical?  Probably not for most people, but over the years of growing up on a farm with lots of animals, including large numbers of barn cats, owning cats for years, and volunteering at local animal shelters I've come to the conclusion the only real difference between any members of the cat family is size... that Maine Coon sleeping on your bed is hardwired the same as a Lion on the Serengeti... Dogs are utilized by military and police due to their willingness to be dominated, trained and seeking the approval of their handlers, cats are individualistic minded and don't respond to the type of training in the example you're citing, but if cats were indeed similar to dogs in respect to willingness to be trained they'd have put dogs out of the military/police business years ago...

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Further....

The 5 lb Yorkie, yeah, it may get punted across the room or squashed under foot....but it might die trying to protect you or your child. That was my whole point. A cat 9 out of 10 times will run or worse....just fucking sit there while you die.
View Quote

I own lots of stuff that won't jump to my rescue and try to save me. Does that mean it's all useless?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Cats are stoic, independent creatures unlike their needy K9 counterparts.
View Quote

This.  Dogs are the brown-nosing yes-men of the animal kingdom.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#45]

Practical?  Probably not for most people, but over the years of growing up on a farm with lots of animals, including large numbers of barn cats, owning cats for years, and volunteering at local animal shelters I've come to the conclusion the only real difference between any members of the cat family is size... that Maine Coon sleeping on your bed is hardwired the same as a Lion on the Serengeti... Dogs are utilized by military and police due to their willingness to be dominated, trained and seeking the approval of their handlers, cats are individualistic minded and don't respond to the type of training in the example you're citing, but if cats were indeed similar to dogs in respect to willingness to be trained they'd have put dogs out of the military/police business years ago...

View Quote

But they're not. We are talking real life....not what if's and could be's...

My statement was a dog will die for you....a cat will not...I stand by that and have seen no proof to convince me otherwise. No hypotheticals....no lab created hybrid domesticated lions and tigers and bears.

I can go to the pound right now and get a dog that will make a pretty effective family protector/burglar alarm/home invasion deterrent. I'll be looking a long time to find that in a cat.

Nobody...and I mean NOBODY, is afraid of a cat. A cat ain't stopping shit from happening to you or yours. Ever.

If you came into my house with a gun and a fucking mountain lion....my recently deceased shepherd would have been in the fight right next to me. We may have both died trying to protect ours.....that's my point. A cat would be 1. Out of there quick as can be 2. Done absolutely nothing. Bet on that.

Whatever with that "dog wants to be dominated" stuff.....that's what cat owners say to make them feel better. Dogs (often times) have a natural, hard wired desire to protect their property and families from threats. Cats are hard wired to be selfish, arrogant, pricks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I own lots of stuff that won't jump to my rescue and try to save me. Does that mean it's all useless?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Further....

Wtf is this?

Are we talking about living creatures or...like...lamps and tables and stuff?

A lamp can effectively light a home but...um, yeah....it's pretty useless as a family protector.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#47]
My three cats are extremely affectionate, none of them have ever scratched or bit my kids even though my 3 year old really manhandles them sometimes.
They will sleep right by my wife or I if I let them stay in over night. But they prefer to sleep with my kids.
The momma cat brings me a mouse, bird, snake,etc every morning. She wont eat them unless I specifically give it back to her, she also wont let the other two cats,dog or neighbors dog have whatever it is till Ive acknowledged her.
If I leave for a couple days or like when I was on vacation, there was a line of dead animals at my door waiting for me.
She also answers to her name, the boys do somewhat but not as well as she does. Of course they are barely over a year old so I think that will still improve too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Wtf is this?

A lamp can effectively light a home but...um, yeah....it's pretty useless as a family protector.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Further....

Wtf is this?

So a cat can make effectively someone happy although it's pretty bad as a family protector. Does that make the cat useless?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

My statement was a dog will die for you....a cat will not...I stand by that and have seen no proof to convince me otherwise. No hypotheticals....no lab created hybrid domesticated lions and tigers and bears.

I can go to the pound right now and get a dog that will make a pretty effective family protector/burglar alarm/home invasion deterrent. I'll be looking a long time to find that in a cat.

Nobody...and I mean NOBODY, is afraid of a cat. A cat ain't stopping shit from happening to you or yours. Ever.

If you came into my house with a gun and a fucking mountain lion....my recently deceased shepherd would have been in the fight right next to me. We may have both died trying to protect ours.....that's my point. A cat would be 1. Out of there quick as can be 2. Done absolutely nothing. Bet on that.

Whatever with that "dog wants to be dominated" stuff.....that's what cat owners say to make them feel better. Dogs (often times) have a natural, hard wired desire to protect their property and families from threats. Cats are hard wired to be selfish, arrogant, pricks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If your dislike of cats comes from the fact that a cat can't or is unwilling to protect you, then that's a great deal like the old adage, 'if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail'... if your instrument and perception is protection then by all means have a dog, but to rationalize a dislike of other animals because they don't fit your single point of view is a bit absurd, they're different tools for different jobs, in a manner of speaking... Rats in the barn?  I want cats... Visigoths at the gate?  A dog is going to be the better tool.  I don't have a dog and I do like them, I just prefer cats but it's funny how these cat threads always devolve into the two camps, some love them and others, as in this very thread, call for their extermination... some days I think ARFcom suffers from its own form of Liberal Derangement Syndrome...

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So a cat can make effectively someone happy although it's pretty bad as a family protector. Does that make the cat useless?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Further....

Wtf is this?

You either don't understand my point of view (which is fine) or you're purposely distorting what I'm saying (which is not fine).

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top