Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:30:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dislike people who drive pickups if they don't actually need them.

See, it's not a green thing. I drive a big ass V8 car.

It's that 99.9% of people who drive pickups who don't need them are either douchebags or douchebaggy wannabe country boys.
View Quote

sounds like you are the douchebag, who appointed you as the arbiter of what i need? why don't i come over and start going through your life and determine what YOU need. asshat...
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:35:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Just another citizen that thinks he's the Arbiter of Need, basing his opinion on his feelings about the topic without a shred of fact.

View Quote

You, just like the rest of the people who got butthurt, are completely misunderstanding this.

I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't have it because you don't need a truck. Oh, no. I don't care WHAT you drive.

When you see someone drive a Prius, you probably stereotype that person in some way. I do the same for people with spotless trucks.

Zero fucks given if you don't like it.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#5]
A better question is, why do liberals think they should control the personal lives of others and who ordained them the arbitrator of fairness?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:37:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just another citizen that thinks he's the Arbiter of Need, basing his opinion on his feelings about the topic without a shred of fact.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's that 99.9% of people who drive pickups who don't need them are either douchebags or douchebaggy wannabe country boys.

You just called out a shitload of arfcommers.

Some people forget what forum we're on. Tell them they don't need their KAC or LaRue rifle over a Bushmaster or similar and watch their tone change.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm a happy homeowner. I have a truck, lawnmower and other homey things. I don't drive my truck like this 99.9% of the time.

So you must hate me 99.9% of the time too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/500magnumnut/gun%20room/truck002_zps94fd1585.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a happy homeowner. I have a truck, lawnmower and other homey things. I don't drive my truck like this 99.9% of the time.

So you must hate me 99.9% of the time too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/500magnumnut/gun%20room/truck002_zps94fd1585.jpg

Well, I do.

But that's just because it's a Chevrolet.  

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Some people forget what forum we're on. Tell them they don't need their KAC or LaRue rifle over a Bushmaster or similar and watch their tone change.
View Quote

See above.

I'm not saying you don't need it. I'm saying you're probably a certain type of person if you have it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:40:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I dislike people who carry guns if they don't actually need them.

See, it's not a anti-gun thing. I carry a big ass .45.

It's that 99.9% of people who carry guns who don't need them are either douchebags or douchebaggy wannabe country boys.
View Quote

I know exactly where you're coming from.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:40:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Mine gets 30 mph and that's good enough for me.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can't swing a dead cat without hitting an F150 around here.

Some hippy chick in Austin screamed "murderer!" at me one time when I had an Xterra. Made me feel all warm & fuzzy.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Was she holding onto the hood for dear life as you accelerated?

j/k
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:45:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You, just like the rest of the people who got butthurt, are completely misunderstanding this.

I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't have it because you don't need a truck. Oh, no. I don't care WHAT you drive.

When you see someone drive a Prius, you probably stereotype that person in some way. I do the same for people with spotless trucks.

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y462/staffpicks/Animated_GIFs/cryingbaby.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y462/staffpicks/Animated_GIFs/cryingbaby.gif

You must drive a Subaru. Cause you talk just like a Subaru driver.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dislike people who carry guns if they don't actually need them.

See, it's not a anti-gun thing. I carry a big ass .45.

It's that 99.9% of people who carry guns who don't need them are either douchebags or douchebaggy wannabe country boys.

Wrong analogy, yo.

Now, if you had phrased it that I disliked people that carried a .500 S&W and don't need it, because they're trying to be Dirty Harry, then I'll stand by it.

ETA I know he didnt carry a 500 SW before someone says it >_>
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:48:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chevy.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:49:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Reminds me of seattle....a bunch of Prius's with "ride public transit" bumper stickers...yeah that's right, tell everybody else to ride the bus and drive yourself.. No joke.

View Quote

no kidding.
Seattle is liberal bumper sticker heaven.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

signature line material there sir
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:50:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Chevy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chevy.

I'm not surprised.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:50:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

no kidding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reminds me of seattle....a bunch of Prius's with "ride public transit" bumper stickers...yeah that's right, tell everybody else to ride the bus and drive yourself.. No joke.

no kidding.

Portland OR is way worse IMO
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm quite sure that pickups will be in demand in So Dakota for at least a few more years. There's a Smart Car on the local dealer's lot and I believe it would fit nicely in the box in the back end.. Then when the family got into "town" they could just unload the Smart Car and do their errands! Of course 1 inch of snow would doom that little feller to instant suckistan and a quick push into the ditch by the plow driver!
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:52:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I find that people seem to be driving more aggressively when they get around my truck, mostly I think because it's a fairly aggressive looking truck, and they feel some weird need to exert dominance.  I just mosey along, sucking up dinosaur blood at an alarming rate, wishing that the Prius that just cut me off in the right lane to get to the exit lane, when there were ten car lengths behind me into which said douchebag could have merged, would blade at 45, and burst into sparks.
View Quote

I have an Excursion, which is not my daily driver.  There is a perceptible difference in they way some people react toward me as compared to when I drive my DD.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:52:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Blame the bro-truck crowd who can't figure out parking, who think tapout stickers and trucknutz are awesome.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#22]

The first 2:47 was some crackhead dude explaining what the video was about.  That's the kind of guy who traps you at a party and makes you contemplate shutting him up with a fist down the throat.  

That chick, OTOH, was pure batshit crazy.

<ETA> Holy fuck, that meth-soaked tweaker dude actually comes back for a post video commentary - for the last 4:38 of the clip.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:54:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm not surprised.
View Quote

And I'm okay with that.

See? Stereotyping people based upon the vehicles they drive: fun for the whole family, and often accurate.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm pretty proud, now that I know I'm a 0.1%'er

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

to where? CT?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need to move

to where? CT?

Lol... at least no one busts my balls over my truck
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:57:55 AM EDT
[#26]
2006 F250 with about 30k on the odometer.  Every mile of which the truck had something hooked to it or in the bed.  It doesn't get driven nearly enough, but it's paid for and does what I bought it for.  

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:00:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no kidding.

The only time I've ever been asked about the Arfcom boltface was in Bellevue. When I told the 60ish woman what it signified she took a step back, and her mouth worked soundlessly. Then she said "Ohhh" and scuttled nervously away. I don't know what she was driving, but I bet it wasn't a pickup.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're not going to safely pull my 8,000 lb trailer with your V8 car.  Of course I only pull it once in a while.  Does that make me a bad person in your eyes?  Should I get a second car, maybe a Prius for when I am not pulling a trailer?  I guess I could really piss off GD and ride my bicycle on the streets.

I dislike people who dislike freedom.

OP, get a sticker:

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:20:03 AM EDT
[#29]
I live in a Liberal state (duh) and I have not seen this...
Husband drives a large pick up--full size, king cab.

Boy child drives a ridiculously lifted Jeep with tires that are bigger than Smartcars

I drive a slightly lifted Jeep on basic 33's.

All of us have NRA stickers and Gadsen stickers on our vehicles.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You're not going to safely pull my 8,000 lb trailer with your V8 car.  Of course I only pull it once in a while.  Does that make me a bad person in your eyes?  Should I get a second car, maybe a Prius for when I am not pulling a trailer?  I guess I could really piss off GD and ride my bicycle on the streets.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess the italics wasn't enough emphasis, here's some bold too. I was pretty clear in saying that I was specifically referencing people who never use their truck as a truck. So you would not be one of those people...

I dislike people who dislike freedom too. That's why I completely support your right to own a truck, and you should support my right to say fashion-statement trucks are often owned by douches.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#32]
you probably have those truck nut things that are irritating people.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
running into more and more locals who are getting aggressive towards pickup owners.
View Quote

In Florida?

Right.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:36:55 AM EDT
[#34]
If your pickup truck is pissing of your neighbors then you must do the only logical thing.
Buy a second pickup.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:37:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Trucks are still very common/acceptable here in the panhandle.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:38:35 AM EDT
[#36]
We have four trucks, but we use them.

Haters gonna hate.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Because pickup trucks are killing the planet and killing their children's future.

breaking windows, keying cars. slashing tires.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
running into more and more locals who are getting aggressive towards pickup owners.

Why are they aggressive?

Because pickup trucks are killing the planet and killing their children's future.

What part of Florida? No such faggot crap like that here.

ETA: SW Florida. Gulf Coast.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#38]
[personal attack removed - Paul]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:42:57 AM EDT
[#39]
[personal attack removed - Paul]

Enjoy your time out.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:43:30 AM EDT
[#40]
lol So many COC violations.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:45:06 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
In a pick up truck thread...

Amazing...I am grateful I didn't get hit with any of the swinging dicks!

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote
One could say this thread is becoming the danger zone...

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Came to post this.  Trucks are WORK vehicles.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are they aggressive?

Sounds like it's time for hidden cameras and a few highly publicized arrests.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No, I don't need the V8 car, lol. It does drive better in the snow and ice than a little 4 cylinder, though. However, I have definitely noticed a certain type of person than drives a truck with a spotless bed.

I never said I give a fuck about what they do. I am, however, free to notice that people that drive them are generally douches.

ETA: Further clarification: To me, it's like a fake can on a rifle. You can have it, and it's just for looks or show. If you like it, sweet. I'm not trying to ban trucks or your fake can. But I sure have noticed similarities in people with fake cans on their rifles. Get my drift?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah and you dont NEED a big ass V8 car. You can get to point A and B in a small 4 cylinder that gets nearly 3x the gas mileage. People who drive big V8 cars are douchebags and wanna be hot rodders making up for their very tiny penis.

See how that works? Nearly everything we have in our lives we have by choice.  Sans food and water we really don't NEED anything else. I could give 0 fucks about what anyone chooses to do with their own money and neither should you.

No, I don't need the V8 car, lol. It does drive better in the snow and ice than a little 4 cylinder, though. However, I have definitely noticed a certain type of person than drives a truck with a spotless bed.

I never said I give a fuck about what they do. I am, however, free to notice that people that drive them are generally douches.

ETA: Further clarification: To me, it's like a fake can on a rifle. You can have it, and it's just for looks or show. If you like it, sweet. I'm not trying to ban trucks or your fake can. But I sure have noticed similarities in people with fake cans on their rifles. Get my drift?

WHAT?! ".....people that drive them are generally douches." Firstly, who are you to decide what folks can spend their cash on? Secondly, do you believe that most black folks eat water melon and fried chicken? Most Puerto Ricans carry a knife? Most Italians are in the mafia? Most Irish are drunks? Thirdly, If as was pointed out in the above reply, we get to buy/use/own WHATEVER THE FUCK WE WANT IN THESE UNITED STATES. I'm sure this isn't turning out how you planned.......
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Fuck'em.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Lets ask marine Andrew Tahmooressi
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So should a Porsche ONLY be on a race track?

Some of y'all are cracking me up.

OP, no such nonsense here in the Panhandle.  Of course, we're just lower alabama anyways.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Dont give a fuck who hates them , I love my four wheel drive , full sized , V-8 powered trucks .

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Fuck em:

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top