Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 36
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#1]
what is your opinion of Vlad the Impaler?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Interesting. Have you noticed an increase in the prepper/survival movement?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Honestly, no. People are simply too poor. With ~450$ per month, after rent, bills and food, you cant afford to buy proper gear. But, on the other hand, average household has enough smoke-dried meat and moonshine to outlast an apocalypse :D

Quoted:
How hard is it to find ZRAK mounts for M48's in Serbia?

Being the hundredth anniversary - How does Serbia feel about Gavrillo Princip and the Black Hand?

What's your opinion of Tito - good, bad ugly?

ZRAK mounts and optics aren't that hard to find, you can get some in the classfields or from people who looted the army supplies during the 90's. I know a lot of people that welded ZRAK stuff to airsoft AKs for fun.
People here consider Gavrilo Princip pretty much a hero. I mean, the war was expected (Austria was getting really cocky, they just needed an excuse) so he pretty much poked the bear in the eye

Tito... well, my personal opinion is.. mixed. He did some stuff properly (setting up a great industry, people had nice living standard, for an example, my grandpa was a machinist in a truck factory his whole life, and his paycheck supported the whole family, and he built a house while still being able to go to vacations in the summer etc.). But also, trying to fuse that many different nations into one artificial country was.... a bomb waiting to blow up. And it blew up ugly
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
what is your opinion of Vlad the Impaler?
View Quote

He was a bit screwed up neighboring king? I mean, I dont really have an opinion, it's like as if I asked you what do you think about some random Mexican ruler from a few hundred years ago
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

ZRAK mounts and optics aren't that hard to find, you can get some in the classfields or from people who looted the army supplies during the 90's. I know a lot of people that welded ZRAK stuff to airsoft AKs for fun.

View Quote

I could definitely use some ZRAK mounts to Yugo-Sniper mode my M48's.  5 sets please with options on scopes!

When the balloon goes up due to Putin and Ukraine, which side will Serbia support?  

Is Vlade Divac treated like Michael Jordan over here?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Honestly, no. People are simply too poor. With ~450$ per month, after rent, bills and food, you cant afford to buy proper gear. But, on the other hand, average household has enough smoke-dried meat and moonshine to outlast an apocalypse :D

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Real preppers are more about food storage than guns.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is an example where the old arfcom adage "get both" really does apply, where possible.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Any good cevapcici recipes?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I could definitely use some ZRAK mounts to Yugo-Sniper mode my M48's.  5 sets please with options on scopes!

When the balloon goes up due to Putin and Ukraine, which side will Serbia support?  

Is Vlade Divac treated like Michael Jordan over here?
View Quote

I will have to ask around, I'm not sure on how easy it is to ship those out of Serbia, I'll get back to you about that :)
Most of the Serbs love Russia and Putin (hell, they moved the parade from the historical 20th october to 16th just so that Putin could fit it into his schedule and visit us). But the country is officially neutral, since the politicians dont want to screw up EU integration negotiatons

Vlade Divac is liked here, but he had some public mishaps (bought some factories and failed to pay the workers, bought a sports club and did the same etc) so he rarely appears in public, and even then, it often involves his charity organization. I remember staying up all night in the '90s to watch him and Stojakovic kick butt in Sacramento
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Proper meat mix is essential. 60:40 pork beef maybe, with some spices rubbed in (i use salt and crushed dried hot peppers). Also, pouring beer over them while roasting helps. Also, use coal (and dont even mention using any sort of fuel to ignite a fire, screws up the taste). Hitting the right temperature is the key (but it only takes practice). Flip it till all the traces of red are gone.
Chop up some onions (if you like those, i personally don't), smear some kajmak onto a home-made bread bun, stuff with cevapcici and enjoy. Oh, and pop open a strong beer (we like our beer strong and sour, I have tried your budweiser and corona.... you would have to pay me to try them again)

Btw, random Serbian tattoo

We sure do love our moonshine
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#11]
what are some popular Serbian beers? Maybe able to find some stateside and try s few.

And the beer in America is getting better, slowly
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Proper meat mix is essential. 60:40 pork beef maybe, with some spices rubbed in (i use salt and crushed dried hot peppers). Also, pouring beer over them while roasting helps. Also, use coal (and dont even mention using any sort of fuel to ignite a fire, screws up the taste). Hitting the right temperature is the key (but it only takes practice). Flip it till all the traces of red are gone.
Chop up some onions (if you like those, i personally don't), smear some kajmak onto a home-made bread bun, stuff with cevapcici and enjoy. Oh, and pop open a strong beer (we like our beer strong and sour, I have tried your budweiser and corona.... you would have to pay me to try them again)

http://opusteno.rs/slike/2013/07/smesne-slike-19089/tetovaza-cica-pece-rakiju.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://opusteno.rs/slike/2013/07/smesne-slike-19089/tetovaza-cica-pece-rakiju.jpg

Thanks!  What other spices, are typical to use?  For grilling, I prefer to use charcoal, a chimney, and newspaper for fuel  A lot of Americans don't like the average American beer...personally, you'd have to pay me to drink them, as well.  Here in Washington, we have a plethora of craft beers to choose from, and should you visit here, you would be able to find something that doesn't disappoint.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Have you said hi to our local Bosniac arfcommer?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#14]
What's your opinion on Polandball?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
what are some popular Serbian beers? Maybe able to find some stateside and try s few.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Most popular are Jelen pivo (Deer beer) and Lav pivo (Lion beer)
My favourite is Jagodinsko (from the town of Jagodina).

Quoted:

Thanks!  What other spices, are typical to use?  For grilling, I prefer to use charcoal, a chimney, and newspaper for fuel  A lot of Americans don't like the average American beer...personally, you'd have to pay me to drink them, as well.  Here in Washington, we have a plethora of craft beers to choose from, and should you visit here, you would be able to find something that doesn't disappoint.

Probably the most popular spice here is Vegeta. It is a mixture of different stuff (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegeta_(food) ), very common in Serbia, Bosnia and Croatia. And generally, we use pure meat (without adding bread crumbs/eggs/whatever to the mix). Maybe some hot peppers, but not too much, they kill the taste for most people.
Also, to grease your grill, use a piece of bacon. I tend to cut some thick bacon slices (like 1/4 of an inch) and set them over the meat while it is on the grill, the melting fat keeps the meat juicy (and in the end, you get nice, crisp bacon with smokey flavor :D).

But nothing is more important than picking up some good meat. Become friends with your local butcher :D

Quoted:
Have you said hi to our local Bosniac arfcommer?

Nope :( didnt post much

Quoted:
What's your opinion on Polandball?

Funny stuff
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No lamb?  

Oh and that pair of plumbs on the dude's nck looks vaguely genital for some reason.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#17]
How do we  know that you are in fact in YUG.

and are a SERB.

and why have you been here since JUN 2013 with such a low post count.

you no post whore ????

gd
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#19]
What are you studying?
What work field would you like to be in?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Ever had much experience around guns?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I am sure it has been covered but do you have Ebola in serbia yet?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Many in europe learn english.

Bork, bork, bork.

Bork bork, allah ak bork? Surstromming bork bork Volvo jihad moosen?

You quit speaking that turrurist and speak fuckin 'Murican, you hear?

http://logovector.org/wp-content/uploads/logos/png/v/volvo_prancing_moose_version_1_logo.png

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Stress-relief. And it is affordable, around 1$ for a pack of crappy cigs, 2.5$ for Marlboro
View Quote

A full dollar less than most states in the US.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My Grandmother was Czech, she made this awesome ham and egg noodle casserole, what the fuck was it called, and do you have a decent recipe?
ETA: I know it's not the right country and I've asked anyone and everyone from that part of Europe for years
View Quote

Sorry if this has already been answered, but my guess is that it was some variation on Olivier salad.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivier_salad
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No lamb?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No lamb?  

I'm not a fan, some people are. Kills the taste of everything else IMHO, and lamb fat doesn't taste as good.

Quoted:
How do we  know that you are in fact in YUG.
and are a SERB.
and why have you been here since JUN 2013 with such a low post count.
you no post whore ????
gd

All of the questions have been answered already, I selected YUG since SRB is not available.

Quoted:
What are you studying?
What work field would you like to be in?

Network administration and telecommunications. I would love to work in anything close to that (I am working on my CCNA/CCNP/Microsoft Server certs etc). As a hobby i make guitar pedals and fix up guitars/bass guitars, but you cant make a living out of that here.

Quoted:
Ever had much experience around guns?

Shot and cleaned my dad's M57 (TT33 copy) and shot his M76 as a kid once . Everything else was just looking and "trigger f-ing" (pretty much anything Zastava made, even their 12.7 and stuff). Some hunting rifles (CZ stuff, not sure on the models) in 8mm, never fired them but played around.

I wish this part was a lot different, but money and law here suck a*s

Quoted:
I am sure it has been covered but do you have Ebola in serbia yet?

Nope

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Guys, I'm amazed at the interest in the topic of Serbia. I have some classes now, I will answer all the posts in 5-6 hours, when i get home

And yeah, I'm Serbian,  can I provide a proof of some sort?
View Quote
send bottles of shlivovitz!!!

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#27]
You ever hook up with Ana Ivanovic?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#28]
can you hook me up with this chick? She's Serbian....

second question: are there a lot of girls this pretty in Serbia or is she way out of norm?  Iceland is filled with hot chicks.  Wondering if Serbia is too.  I have to have a backup plan in case the arfcom curse strikes me!
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guys, I'm amazed at the interest in the topic of Serbia. I have some classes now, I will answer all the posts in 5-6 hours, when i get home

I have an unopened bottle of that stuff I picked up on my way out of Beograd that I have been too scared to open.  Memory tells me it was far too similar to jet fuel to imbibe.  Guess that will have to be opened for Cola Warrior - West next year.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Welcome to the site.

Do you own any guns?

Is it true that the Serbian people are still pretty pissed at the Croats for Jasnovac?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:38:04 PM EDT
[#31]
My brother in law Miro was born in Nis back in the early 60s and emigrated here in the early 70s.  Great guy.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Any Croats in your family?
View Quote

Aren't you a mixed up combo ?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#33]
What did you think of last nights football game?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I have an unopened bottle of that stuff I picked up on my way out of Beograd that I have been too scared to open.  Memory tells me it was far too similar to jet fuel to imbibe.  Guess that will have to be opened for Cola Warrior - West next year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

full afterburner wicked!!!

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#35]
mid /late 90's Columbia MO. become home for quite a few Bosnians , work with several and all but 1 were great folks, the one was some kind of religous clergyman or something he was a really piece of work , anyway if a forklift back fired or a roll of sreel crashed to the floor these folks were headed for shelter, just a wee bit jumpy
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Actually, the track suit question was answered.  

Welcome to AR15.com.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything?

Whoops

Welcome to AR15.com.

LOL
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Awesome thread. Welcome Trooper and thanks for answering all the questions. Have you ever traveled out of country or over our way?

How has the whole ISIS thing been taken in your area?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...not really....
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#39]
My family came from Croatia. I'd bang some Serb womenz if given the chance, no hate.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:42:11 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Awesome thread
. Welcome Trooper and thanks for answering all the questions. Have you ever traveled out of country or over our way?  

View Quote

How has the whole ISIS thing been taken in your area?
Indeed.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

My family came from Croatia. I'd bang some Serb womenz if given the chance, no hate.
View Quote
Electric your half Croat? Interesting what you learn on this board

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#42]
You guys ever miss not having the Austro Hungarian empire to kick around?

What's the deal with typical Eastern European girls being so hot, and not overweight?  WTF?!!!

Spill It  GD needs facts, figures and pictures.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#43]
I have been in a few homes and cafes in Bosnia and all they had for a toilet was a hole in the tiled floor. Is this common or have people started using actual toilet fixtures.

Some of the best food I had in the Balkans was Cevapi.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This shows a pretty basic and uninformed understanding that is typical in GD when it comes to this topic.  GD tries to oversimplify the Yugoslav wars (started by Serbia) as a binary "Christians vs Muslims" issue.  That simply isn't true.  Serbs had no problem killing Catholic Croatians and Catholic Albanians during the wars.  There are also Muslim Serbs that are not Bosnians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure why people would make racist comments but the geo-political/religious goings on in that region are as murky TO ME as much of what's happening in the Middle East.

Can you break it down for someone on the outside trying to understand.

Probably referring to the Muslim population in Eastern Europe.

This shows a pretty basic and uninformed understanding that is typical in GD when it comes to this topic.  GD tries to oversimplify the Yugoslav wars (started by Serbia) as a binary "Christians vs Muslims" issue.  That simply isn't true.  Serbs had no problem killing Catholic Croatians and Catholic Albanians during the wars.  There are also Muslim Serbs that are not Bosnians.

I was speaking more along the lines of the racism comment.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#45]
My family is Slovenian.  Welcome to the board.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:28:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My family is Slovenian.  Welcome to the board.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:29:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You guys ever miss not having the Austro Hungarian empire to kick around?

What's the deal with typical Eastern European girls being so hot, and not overweight?  WTF?!!!

Spill It  GD needs facts, figures and pictures.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Ever shot a VZ-61?  

I love mine.

Also:   What was that American 180 .22lr with the clear drum on top I've seen in Yugoslav wars?

Had to order some Vegeta
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:46:23 PM EDT
[#49]

How do you like this?  An old combined photo taken with an even older digital camera.

For the others, it's a FN 1910/22 Kingdom of the Serbs and Croats contract 'Officers' model in .380.  This is in fact, the contract that created the "/22" variant as the contract required the improvements to the 1910..  It is probably the rarest pistol I own.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything?

Whoops

Welcome to AR15.com.

LOL

I also
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top