Site Notices
Page / 36
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:54:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:01:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The colors on the caps are throwing me....Serb or Slovenian?

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w299/dogshark82/Guns/Photo0413.jpg

View Quote

Slovenian, Serbian flag is reversed
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:14:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I'd let a few of these girls handle my pump gun if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:38:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Russian ones are pricey (sobranie)
Lucky, Marlboro and that stuff cost about 1.5-2$ per pack
View Quote

Well that's one thing you can get that's less expensive than here. I live in New York, and a pack of Marbs costs $10.00!
The state taxes the shit out of cigarettes in an effort to get people to stop for health reasons

Awesome thread, thanks and Happy New Year Trooper1911!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Happy New Year to you too :)
SBOTD

And for the dirty inkies

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ko projizvodi njihovo oruzje? Srbija ili Slovenija? Ili Srbija isporucuje oruzje njima? Bas me interesuje.

Hvala. Dobar ti je englezksi pravo.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ko projizvodi njihovo oruzje? Srbija ili Slovenija? Ili Srbija isporucuje oruzje njima? Bas me interesuje.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hvala :)
Koliko ja znam, koriste oruzje iz Srbije (mada im je glavno pesadijsko naoruzanje FN F2000 cini mi se)

Not to be rude, for people not speaking Serbian, Bosn1ac asked me if Slovenians use Serbian or domestic firearms, and I answered that I think it's from Serbia, but their main issue rifle is FN F2000
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#9]
This thread always makes for a nice daily pick-me-up.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#10]

SBOTD Bump :)
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, hotties everywhere !

I wonder, is Russian language spoken or understood by Serbian people ?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:37:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Honestly, not really. It can be understood a bit (some words are similar, both languages are Slavic) but people seldom speak Russian. I had to study it in elementary school for 4 years, and my Russian is REALLY bad.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:49:02 PM EDT
[#13]
ok thanks Trooper.
I'm thinking about learning a 3rd language, both Serbian (if its whats called "Yugo"?) and Russian could be usefull to me, tough choice!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, it's Serbian (during the times of Yugoslavia, it was called Serbo-Croatian). Both Serbian and Russian are hard to learn (easier than Chinese etc) but still quite hard. Fun fact- Serbian s quite useful if you go to Greece over the summer, since they are used to our tourists, pretty much everyone can understand you
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:46:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Good to know !

here, i give you another Serbian chick
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#16]
New dose of SBOTD

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#17]
bump for teh evening shift :D. I forget the different timezones and i post new stuff when no one is looking
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yeah, it's Serbian (during the times of Yugoslavia, it was called Serbo-Croatian). Both Serbian and Russian are hard to learn (easier than Chinese etc) but still quite hard. Fun fact- Serbian s quite useful if you go to Greece over the summer, since they are used to our tourists, pretty much everyone can understand you
View Quote
Me and my family noticed some words translate over or are very similar in languages like Polish.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, it's shared with most if the Slavic languages (Russian, Ukranian, Macedonian). You can grasp the meaning of.a.sentence even if you dont speak the language
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Does her chest tattoo say "Never Cook?"

Could she at least make a sammich then?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Haha, I think it says "Never look back"
But sammich making is an essential skill for a woman here :D.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:46:20 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Nice picture I've found about our language and alphabet. I may have posted it before

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Also, this half-serbian BOTD deserves her own post, some of you may recognize her

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:00:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Miroslov thank you for helping me on the shirt. I got this back in towards the beginning of Jan just never had a chance to post it. Sadly the AK didn't come with it.....It was already mine.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#26]
That's how freedom looks like. I hate my country sometimes
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Sorry for spamming, but sometimes, I get bored
And since it's 1:00AM, it's time for some SBOTD

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

That's how freedom looks like. I hate my country sometimes

View Quote
You make it over here the first couple mags are yours to have at it

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:45:53 AM EDT
[#31]

Ok where can I get this pattern camo?!

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:00:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Top one is REALLY obscure, our Gendarmerie got some limited supplies to test (It's a cadpat/marpat variation) but they are quite hard to find these days (100$+ for shirt+pants). Answered your PM for other camo :)

Oh, and that pushing-the-jeep picture is actually an official part of the training in the army here
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:14:34 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Top one is REALLY obscure, our Gendarmerie got some limited supplies to test (It's a cadpat/marpat variation) but they are quite hard to find these days (100$+ for shirt+pants). Answered your PM for other camo :)

Oh, and that pushing-the-jeep picture is actually an official part of the training in the army here
View Quote
I figured it was they were out of gas!

Thanks man for finding that. Look forward to getting it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#34]
BOTD :)

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#37]
http://www.cato.org/blog/world-misery-index-108-countries
World misery index, we take place number 8, out of 108 countries
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#38]

I haven't been Arfing for a while, glad to see you're keeping this thread, and my favorite Serbiana alive.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#39]
My pleasure :)
It's just a bit tedious adding BOTD stuff since people rarely post/comment, so I feel like I'm talking to myself
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Just found the thread, lots of interesting pics and information throughout, thanks for taking the time to post it all.  

Obviously nightclubbing is popular, along with drinking, and I may have missed it earlier in the thread, if so it was because I was more skipping to your posts than reading some of the stuff people were interjecting that was not on topic... so basically 3 questions...

1)  You posted pics of the weapons manufactured locally at the show with the armored vehicles all around, yet none of those are available for purchase locally?

2)  In the picture you posted of the special forces, it looked like they were actually carrying M4 pattern carbines, not the M21(?) that was posted later, are they actually using NATO compatible weapons?

3)  One of your SBOTD is wearing a pot leaf shirt, what kind of drug culture exists over there, as in pot, meth, cocaine, prescription drugs, and how much is regulated or illegal as opposed to okay to do?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#41]
In the World Misery Index posted above it seems that your home is not such a great place to live. Do you feel that ranking on the index is realistic and if so why?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just found the thread, lots of interesting pics and information throughout, thanks for taking the time to post it all.  

Obviously nightclubbing is popular, along with drinking, and I may have missed it earlier in the thread, if so it was because I was more skipping to your posts than reading some of the stuff people were interjecting that was not on topic... so basically 3 questions...

1)  You posted pics of the weapons manufactured locally at the show with the armored vehicles all around, yet none of those are available for purchase locally?

2)  In the picture you posted of the special forces, it looked like they were actually carrying M4 pattern carbines, not the M21(?) that was posted later, are they actually using NATO compatible weapons?

3)  One of your SBOTD is wearing a pot leaf shirt, what kind of drug culture exists over there, as in pot, meth, cocaine, prescription drugs, and how much is regulated or illegal as opposed to okay to do?

Thanks.

View Quote

Woohooo, real questions :D

1)They are manufactured locally (Zastava Arms) but you are limited in what you can buy (less models than in the UK, only hunting/sporting guns. Getting a licence here takes time and money, and we have a stupid law about buying ammo (you can buy 50 rounds yearly per pistol, 60 per rifle) so even if you jump through all the hoops, law limits you to... 15 minutes of range time per year?
And prices are really high for our standards (average paycheck here is ~450-500$ per month, Glock costs around $1000, 1$ per round).

2) Yeah, we use a lot of NATO gear, because our government tries to "integrate" with NATO, so we have some units wearing ACU, some using M4 rifles, some use G36, specops guys use whatever they want (they literally use the same stuff as your SOCOM guys, including SCAR/Hk416/Barrett/Sako etc, which is ridiculous considering our budget).
Also, some of our forces have Humvees donated by the US/NATO, but those are mostly for show (our roads are too restrictive)

3) Nothing is legal, and everything depends your luck. Friend of a friend got 3 years in jail for getting caught with 2 joints (~1 gram of pot) and I know a guy that got caught smuggling ~35 pounds of hash and he got 10 months, got out in 8.
That being said, most common stuff here is pot, followed by cocaine, amphetamines and MDMA. But prices are high when compared to the US, even locally grown stuff goes for about $12 for a gram of pot.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
In the World Misery Index posted above it seems that your home is not such a great place to live. Do you feel that ranking on the index is realistic and if so why?
View Quote

It's not that bad, if you have a job. I mean it is BAD, but not Iraq/Somalia/Zimbabwe bad, at least the quality of life. We have flushing toilets and TP, that alone eliminates a lot of countries
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Not really any questions at this time ...but ..... I personally find your posts informative about what's going on in your part of the world.

Keep it up.  Our press sure won't .

gd
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Would a high percentage of people move away to another country if given the opportunity? Are jobs hard to come by or is it that jobs can be found but just do not pay a decent wage?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Not really any questions at this time ...but ..... I personally find your posts informative about what's going on in your part of the world.

gd
View All Quotes
Quoted:

gd

Thank you for the kind words, that is my purpose in this topic, to help people find out something new :)

Quoted:
Would a high percentage of people move away to another country if given the opportunity? Are jobs hard to come by or is it that jobs can be found but just do not pay a decent wage?

Yeah. Most of my generation for sure.
And for the other thing... Both. For an example, I, as a system administrator, could be earning i guess ~60k in the US (after a year or two), while the only opening that I recently saw here was Field Customer support for a local ISP, with ~$5000 per year. You need a political/family connection to get a good job (local government/state-owned companies), and I have neither. Also, they often dont enforce a lot of labor laws here (because all the big bosses have said connections) so it is really common for a boss to tell you "your paycheck will be 2 months late, if you dont like it, you are free to go".

And for me, the worst problem is that with an average paycheck, it is nigh impossible to start your own life, move out from your parents' place, get a car (I'm talking 15 years old car, only new car my family owned was '91 Yugo 45), go to a vacation for one week every year etc... You just try to make it from paycheck to paycheck
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for answering my questions. It is easy to see starting your life would be very hard without the connections that the more political people have.
Just a idea; is it easy for you to get surplus army camo and web gear? With your computer skills (web site) and some surplus military uniforms/web gear you might be surprised how much you could sell to people here in the States.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#48]
It is doable, but shipping from Serbia is insane. Sent some stuff to Saigaman, shipping to CO is ~11$ per pound, and that is the cheap sort, since i was able to squish the package to make it fit a large envelope.
And we are not on the Paypal "good" list, so we can't receive money online, we can only send (so Western union is the only option, and they charge a big fee for sending money). I make custom guitar pedals as a hobby, but I can't sell them anywhere outside Serbia, even with humble prices.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#49]
By the way, I already do that kind of stuff, not for profit but to help fellow arfcommers,  so if you need anything Serbian, feel free to PM me
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

My pleasure :)

It's just a bit tedious adding BOTD stuff since people rarely post/comment, so I feel like I'm talking to myself
View Quote

Thanks for taking the time to post

Love the SBOTD/weapon pics and learning a little about about life over there.

Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top