Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 617
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Your inner city black person does not realize they are only 13% of the population. They actually think it closer to 50%.

I've had to show them on the computer the numbers and they still don't believe it. When they call for a race war they actually think they have the chance because they have the numbers.
View Quote

That's because most of them have never been outside of a city limits.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yeah, but the STL Metro area is probably 80% White.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your inner city black person does not realize they are only 13% of the population. They actually think it closer to 50%.

I've had to show them on the computer the numbers and they still don't believe it. When they call for a race war they actually think they have the chance because they have the numbers.
The average white person, let alone black person, doesn't realize that black people make up barely a sixth of this country.    

Shit, I didnt know the number of self identified "black" Americans was only 13.9% in 2012 census until recently. I honestly thought the were a larger portion of the population.

St Louis City, (not Ferguson) was somewhere around 50% black IIRC.

Yeah, but the STL Metro area is probably 80% White.

Agreed. But like I said, I was unaware of it as well.

Not poking at anyone but me.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The average white person, let alone black person, doesn't realize that black people make up barely a sixth of this country.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We to be fair if one was just looking at crime stats they would think that there were more than they really are
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Beat again....

Washington Post - Federal civil rights charges unlikely against police officer in Ferguson shooting

Justice Department investigators have all but concluded they do not have a strong enough case to bring civil rights charges against Darren Wilson, the white police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Mo., according to law enforcement officials.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah, a lot of people look around in their neighborhoods or workplaces and think that the entire country looks exactly the same.  You can show them stats, charts, etc. but it won't sink in.  They watch TV news showing different demographics than their own but they still think every place in the country resembles their own piece of the pie.

An average inhabitant of Ferguson looks around and sees wall to wall y'all then assumes that the entire country looks like that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, a lot of people look around in their neighborhoods or workplaces and think that the entire country looks exactly the same.  You can show them stats, charts, etc. but it won't sink in.  They watch TV news showing different demographics than their own but they still think every place in the country resembles their own piece of the pie.

An average inhabitant of Ferguson looks around and sees wall to wall y'all then assumes that the entire country looks like that.

I blame the media for the distortion of reality.  No commercial or TV show is complete without representing every race disproportionately.  It's happening with gay people, too.  If all you knew about America was what was on TV shows, then you'd America was half black, one quarter gay, and all white men were bumbling idiots with hot wives.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Oh look, more leaks from Holder that he will denounce

Federal civil rights charges unlikely against police officer in Ferguson shooting

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh look, more leaks from Holder that he will denounce

Federal civil rights charges unlikely against police officer in Ferguson shooting

Justice Department investigators have all but concluded they do not have a strong enough case to bring civil rights charges against Darren Wilson, the white police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Mo., according to law enforcement officials.

When racial tension boiled over in Ferguson after the Aug. 9 shooting, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. traveled to the St. Louis suburb to meet with city leaders and protest organizers in an effort to bring calm. He assured them that the federal government would open a civil rights investigation into the fatal shooting of Michael Brown, but that investigation now seems unlikely to result in any charges.

"The evidence at this point does not support civil rights charges against Officer Wilson,” said one person briefed on the investigation, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the case.

Justice Department officials are loath to acknowledge publicly that their case cannot now meet the high legal threshold for a successful civil rights prosecution. The timing is sensitive: Tensions are high in greater St. Louis as people await the results of a grand jury’s review of the case.

cue Nelson 'HA-HA' pic.  

Let Holder keep wasting his time on stupid little cases like this, that shouldn't even a case, let alone be on the Fed's radar.. maybe that way he won't fuck anything really important up.

Kid act like thug, kid try to fight officer, kid dead.  End. Of. Story.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone else here think a Mike Brown Halloween costume would be epic?

Housewoman says "No, FUCK NO!"...I'm still thinking I ought to be the one wearing the baggy pants in this house.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Action Alert

Anonymous Operation Ferguson - ACTION ALERT

RISE UP EVERY CITY EVERYWHERE IN THE USA

As we recently leaked, the Grand Jury decision is immanent, and they are NOT going to indict Darren Wilson. Nor is the US DOJ going to intervene.

http://pastebin.com/CJ5ipU7W

The time has come for nationwide revolution. The time has come to coalesce all our demands into ONE: THE KILLING MUST STOP NOW!!  We have two or maybe three weeks to plan and bring together a nationwide uprising the likes of which the USA has never seen.

First we call on every activist in the WORLD who has the means to make your way to Ferguson, Missouri - USA for the Grand Jury announcement. We know the hearts and minds of the local protesters there, and their leaders - and you are WELCOME you are WANTED and you will find love and support there. So if you can, GO TO FERGUSON ASAP.

To our wonderful Ferguson protesters, we call on you - as you did before, as you have always done - to support these protesters from outside your community. As part of your own preparations for the Grand Jury announcement make plans for how you can assist and support and feed everyone.

Finally, if you can't go to Ferguson, join the effort to organize huge protests in your own community. You have just enough time before the announcement to really get organized and strategize and get the word out. Form affinity groups, discuss - reach out across your networks. If we can end police violence and militarization once for all in the USA, then Mike Brown - who may not have gotten justice, will at least not have died in vein. But do not be under any illusion, this will take a nationwide revolution. The time is now.

To our fellow hacktivists in Anonymous, we must also fight like no other time in the past. Prepare your target lists, ready your tools, meet online with your crew mates to plan your response - and together we will give them a revolution they will never forget. Let us prepare to be the air force for the brave troops on the ground. Let us show them that when justice is denied, we are perfectly capable of exacting vengeance.

For Mike Brown, for all the unarmed people wantonly slain by murderous cops - WE RISE!!

SIGNED  --  Anonymous

Web Site - www.OperationFerguson.cf

Twitter - @OpFerguson
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Action Alert

As we recently leaked, the Grand Jury decision is immanent, and they are NOT going to indict Darren Wilson. Nor is the US DOJ going to intervene.

The time has come for nationwide revolution. The time has come to coalesce all our demands into ONE: THE KILLING MUST STOP NOW!!  We have two or maybe three weeks to plan and bring together a nationwide uprising the likes of which the USA has never seen.

First we call on every activist in the WORLD who has the means to make your way to Ferguson, Missouri - USA for the Grand Jury announcement. We know the hearts and minds of the local protesters there, and their leaders - and you are WELCOME you are WANTED and you will find love and support there. So if you can, GO TO FERGUSON ASAP.

To our wonderful Ferguson protesters, we call on you - as you did before, as you have always done - to support these protesters from outside your community. As part of your own preparations for the Grand Jury announcement make plans for how you can assist and support and feed everyone.

Finally, if you can't go to Ferguson, join the effort to organize huge protests in your own community. You have just enough time before the announcement to really get organized and strategize and get the word out. Form affinity groups, discuss - reach out across your networks. If we can end police violence and militarization once for all in the USA, then Mike Brown - who may not have gotten justice, will at least not have died in vein. But do not be under any illusion, this will take a nationwide revolution. The time is now.

To our fellow hacktivists in Anonymous, we must also fight like no other time in the past. Prepare your target lists, ready your tools, meet online with your crew mates to plan your response - and together we will give them a revolution they will never forget. Let us prepare to be the air force for the brave troops on the ground. Let us show them that when justice is denied, we are perfectly capable of exacting vengeance.

For Mike Brown, for all the unarmed people wantonly slain by murderous cops - WE RISE!!

SIGNED  --  Anonymous

Twitter - @OpFerguson

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Action Alert

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Action Alert

SIGNED  --  Anonymous

Twitter - @OpFerguson

They are going to look like fucking window licking retards if this things fizzles instead of sizzles after all of the effort they are putting into this....
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They probably have never met rural well armed rednecks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Justice Department officials are loath to acknowledge publicly that their case cannot now meet the high legal threshold for a successful civil rights prosecution. The timing is sensitive: Tensions are high in greater St. Louis as people await the results of a grand jury’s review of the case.

Up next, they'll be pushing to lower that threshold any way they can.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Action Alert

<cut>

Let us prepare to be the air force for the brave troops on the ground.

<cut>

And there it is. I want all you revolutionaries around the world to drop everything and fly to Ferguson, fight the power, don't back down whatever the cost until the war is won. As for myself, well, I'm too valuable and smart for that stuff so I'm not planning to leave the house. But you go, comrades!

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And there it is. I want all you revolutionaries around the world to drop everything and fly to Ferguson, fight the power, don't back down whatever the cost until the war is won. As for myself, well, I'm too valuable and smart for that stuff so I'm not planning to leave the house. But you go, comrades!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Action Alert

<cut>

<cut>

Cant leave Mom's basement tonight! She made meatloaf!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

High legal threshold is racist. Disparate Impact.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Action Alert

<cut>

<cut>

Meatloaf? I'll be right over!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, even suburbanites.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Okay, I'll bite. What is "broken" in the Ferguson police department that warrants "wholesale changes"?

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Okay, I'll bite. What is "broken" in the Ferguson police department that warrants "wholesale changes"?

View Quote
Too much enforcement of the law.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

You haven't heard that the mostly white department keeps beating and killing future cancer curers?

Try checking the news sometime. Pastoid.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Action Alert

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Action Alert

SIGNED  --  Anonymous

Twitter - @OpFerguson

Lol. Bring it to my neighborhood. I'll stack  'em like cordwood.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Action Alert

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Action Alert

SIGNED  --  Anonymous

Twitter - @OpFerguson

This is just so stupid. It really doesn't deserve a response.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Action Alert

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Action Alert

SIGNED  --  Anonymous

Twitter - @OpFerguson

"We have co-opted your crisis, so house and feed us!"
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Apparently the lights are out in Ferguson
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Deep Freeze warning overnight for most of mid-west.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#27]
And....

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Lights Out Ferguson

2,100 homes in Ferguson have lost power Friday night.
The cause of the power outage is unknown at this time, but Ferguson police officers have been dispatched to figure out how it happened.
We will have more on this developing situation as details about the power outage are released.
View Quote

What are the cops going to do? Beat the town for being black?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#29]
No shits given. Ferguson can be burnt to the ground for all I care.

The rabble will find where their natural boundaries lie if they try to go too far afield with that shit.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:42:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Mike Brown’s Mom Is Taking Her Son’s Case to the UN in Geneva

Lesley McSpadden, the mother of the 18-year-old boy whose death at the hands of a Ferguson police officer in August sparked weeks of protests, is going to Geneva, Switzerland next month to speak about her son and other victims of police brutality in front of the United Nations.

The trip — which was recently made public by organizers and promoted under the tagline "Ferguson to Geneva" — is meant to make a case, to as wide an audience as possible, that both Brown's killing and the militarized police response to protesters demanding justice for him, are a matter of human rights.

"It's actually covered by article one of the convention against torture," Justin Hansford, a law professor at Saint Louis University and co-author of a brief to the UN body filed by Brown's family and local activists, told VICE News. "When the government has all the guns, all the force, and when they can kill people with impunity and without fear of being found guilty of a crime, that's a classic example of state violence."

"You see this in dictatorships and regimes where they do this to their own citizens and they get away with it," he added.

Hansford compared Brown's killing to that of Emmet Till in the 1950s — a pivotal moment behind the civil rights movement of the following years.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lesley McSpadden, the mother of the 18-year-old boy whose death at the hands of a Ferguson police officer in August sparked weeks of protests, is going to Geneva, Switzerland next month to speak about her son and other victims of police brutality in front of the United Nations.

The trip — which was recently made public by organizers and promoted under the tagline "Ferguson to Geneva" — is meant to make a case, to as wide an audience as possible, that both Brown's killing and the militarized police response to protesters demanding justice for him, are a matter of human rights.

"It's actually covered by article one of the convention against torture," Justin Hansford, a law professor at Saint Louis University and co-author of a brief to the UN body filed by Brown's family and local activists, told VICE News. "When the government has all the guns, all the force, and when they can kill people with impunity and without fear of being found guilty of a crime, that's a classic example of state violence."

"You see this in dictatorships and regimes where they do this to their own citizens and they get away with it," he added.

Hansford compared Brown's killing to that of Emmet Till in the 1950s — a pivotal moment behind the civil rights movement of the following years.

She should explore an active volcano.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

OK, that's weird.  Any pilots online who know how to verify, and/or what the ramifications are?

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

OK, that's weird.  Any pilots online who know how to verify, and/or what the ramifications are?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

A temporary flight restriction isn't anything odd. They're put out for major sporting events as well to keep the airspace clear and safe. It is odd that that one only goes up to 1000 AGL, usually they tend to go all the way up to 3000 AGL.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wonder if the idiots took out their own power station

Might be some good ustream and livestream later.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Lights Out Ferguson

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Lights Out Ferguson

2,100 homes in Ferguson have lost power Friday night.
The cause of the power outage is unknown at this time, but Ferguson police officers have been dispatched to figure out how it happened.
We will have more on this developing situation as details about the power outage are released.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Has the power bill been paid?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

A temporary flight restriction isn't anything odd. They're put out for major sporting events as well to keep the airspace clear and safe. It is odd that that one only goes up to 1000 AGL, usually they tend to go all the way up to 3000 AGL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most likely they're worried about people firing shots in the air to "celebrate" Halloween.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Time to go a looting.... er protesting racial injustice!!!

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Sharpton, FUCK BE UPON HIM, calls for federal prosecution in Ferguson

The Rev. Al Sharpton returned to St. Louis Friday to renew calls for the federal prosecution of a white police officer who shot and killed a black 18-year-old in the nearby suburb of Ferguson.

Sharpton returned to New York after meeting with Brown’s parents and local activists. He’s scheduled to again join Brown’s parents Monday at a get-out-the-vote rally in St. Louis.
Sharpton’s breakfast speech was followed by a training of volunteer “justice disciples” to monitor the police response to anticipated protests over the upcoming grand jury decision.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#43]

You think it will be the entire 20 protesters again
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:21:07 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

But the government DOESN'T have all of the guns, there are tons in the hands of law abiding citiz----oh, wait.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sharpton, FUCK BE UPON HIM, calls for federal prosecution in Ferguson

The Rev. Al Sharpton returned to St. Louis Friday to renew calls for the federal prosecution of a white police officer who shot and killed a black 18-year-old in the nearby suburb of Ferguson.

Sharpton returned to New York after meeting with Brown’s parents and local activists. He’s scheduled to again join Brown’s parents Monday at a get-out-the-vote rally in St. Louis.

Sharpton’s breakfast speech was followed by a training of volunteer "justice disciples” to monitor the police response to anticipated protests over the upcoming grand jury decision.
I'd like to renew calls for a federal prosecution of Sharpton for the Freddie's Fashion Mart incident.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:46:31 PM EDT
[#46]
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Taxpayer-dollars-going-to-those-effected-in-Ferguson-280980542.html

by KMOV.com Staff

KMOV.com

Posted on October 30, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Updated
       yesterday at 5:19 PM

FERGUSON (KMOV.com) -- More than $4.5 million have been spent in response to the unrest in Ferguson.

Of the $4.5 million, $1 million went to the residents in the affected
Ferguson area. The riots and looting prevented some people from going
to work and stopped students in the area from going to school. It even
kept some people from going outside.

Of the residents in the area, 375 households met criteria for this emergency money, receiving $800-$1000 each.

It's currently unclear if any more money will be allotted to
residents after the Grand Jury announces their decision in the Mike
Brown case.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#47]
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/St-Louis-County-Council-approves-1-million-to-help-North-County-residents-280907072.html

by KMOV.com staff

KMOV.com

Posted on October 30, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Updated
       yesterday at 8:19 AM

FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOV.com)— St. Louis
County tax dollars have helped people in North County stay in their
homes during the crisis in Ferguson.

St. Louis County Council Members approved $1 million for residents of
North County. Many of the residents were terrified to leave their homes
when protesters took over West Florissant in Aug.

In an application process through the United Way, roughly 1,900
people asked for the county’s help in paying for housing. Of the 1,900
who applied, 850 met specific criteria and 375 households qualified for
county money.

Those who qualified have received between $800 and $1,000 to help.
These are people who were barely making ends meet before the death of
Michael Brown.

Many people are wondering what will happen once the grand jury’s
decision is announced, the county says they will give more money to the
people in the Ferguson area, but right now they are taking a wait and
see approach before making the decision.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#48]
http://www.kmov.com/special-coverage-001/Ferguson-Florissant-school-district-preps-for-unrest-following-grand-jury-decision-280900292.html

by KMOV.com staff

KMOV.com

Posted on October 30, 2014 at 6:05 AM

Updated
       today at 5:12 AM

FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOV.com) – Educators
in the Ferguson area are planning for the possibility of more unrest
once the grand jury decision is released.

The Ferguson-Florissant School District is concerned with how to
account for student safety if something happens during school hours or
when kids are on the bus or walking to school. In August, unrest in the
area caused unexpected street closures which created problems with
transporting children to area schools.

On Friday, the district sent home a letter asking parents to be
vigilant, update emergency contact information and watch for updates on
early dismissal.  The Riverview Gardens School District is also asking
for parents to be vigilant and update all information.  

Earlier in the week, seven
school superintendents, including Ferguson-Florissant and Riverview
Gardens, sent a letter to St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch
requesting the grand jury decision be announced after school hours or on the weekend.

Children in the Ferguson-Florissant School District were out of the
classroom for days because of the unrest that unfolded after the death
of Michael Brown.

Officials say they are considering several different scenarios and how they would handle them.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:50:28 PM EDT
[#49]
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Over-170000-spent-on-police-supplies-in-Ferguson--280800352.html

by Stephanie Baumer / KMOV.com staff

KMOV.com

Posted on October 29, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Updated
       Wednesday, Oct 29 at 5:49 PM

FERGUSON, Mo.
(KMOV.com) – St. Louis County Police have spent roughly $173,000 on
supplies since the unrest in Ferguson, Missouri began over two months
ago.

Officials say $25,000 has been spent on teargas grenades,
smoke-and-gas grenades, smoke canisters and CS sting grenades, $18,000
has been spent on beanbag bullet rounds and pepper balls, $2,300 has
been spent on plastic handcuffs, which have been used to detain
protesters, and $77,500, has been used to purchase riot gear, including
helmets, shields, batons and shin guards.

In September, St. Louis County officials estimated the unrest in Ferguson would cost the county roughly $4.2 million. Earlier in October, state officials said the total cost spent on Ferguson had reached $5.7 million.  

The expenditures were made following the Aug. 9 death of 18-year-old Michael Brown, who was shot and killed by Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson. In the days after Brown’s death, businesses were looted and set on fire as hundreds of protests clashed with police.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:51:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Action Alert

<cut>

<cut>

Hell yeah...save a plate for me
Page / 617
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top