Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 10/8/2014 11:12:54 AM EDT
I'm sorry, but this game just look like shit and gay as fuck.  No way am I jumping around in a fucking jetpack exosuit thing.

fuck it, I can't hold off even on principle.  I'm a junkie.  Going to get it today.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#1]
You will be assimilated
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You will be assimilated
View Quote

Resistance is futile
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Rainbow Six Siege looks 100x better anyway.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Finally a true cool story bro.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Why not? It's a video game just play it for what it is.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#6]
The guys that started the company, Infinity Ward, left a few years ago once the producers started messing up the series.  CoD hasn't been CoD since Modern Warfare started.

That being said, I seem to recall hearing that those guys started a new company and were working on a new game.  Anyone know that company, what they are working on, or ETA on something?
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The guys that started the company, Infinity Ward, left a few years ago once the producers started messing up the series.  CoD hasn't been CoD since Modern Warfare started.

That being said, I seem to recall hearing that those guys started a new company and were working on a new game.  Anyone know that company, what they are working on, or ETA on something?
View Quote

Wasn't it Titanfall that they made?
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

MW and MW2 were the pinnacle of the modern shooter.

I am enjoying BF4 though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#9]
It just occurred to me how far out of the loop I am on this stuff.

When I saw the thread title, my first thought was that I'm more of a haddock fan than a cod fan

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#10]
nope it is turning into too futuristic HALO shit. Which is cool if you're into that. Guess I will go back to BF4.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm too simple for that shit.  Once they started adding perks and modifying weapons and having 8000 fucking people on one map I quit playing.  COD2 was the shit.  You got a couple guns and a couple grenades and just went at it.  No fucking air strikes, radio controlled cars, or dipshits dropping grenades when they die to mess with.  

I also got sick of getting my ass kicked by stupid little no life having 8 year old kids who constantly cuss and act like bad asses because they have 87 trillion achievement points.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:30:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I still play COD4.   Forget all that newfangled nonsense.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Titanfall was done by 2 of the original guys from infinity ward.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#14]
The only new COD I will buy is if they make another WW2 related one, and if it doesn't have stupid kill streaks
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:38:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MW2 FTW
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Do you even operate?
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
nope it is turning into too futuristic HALO shit. Which is cool if you're into that. Guess I will go back to BF4.
View Quote

BF4 has become almost unplayable with all the hacking and stuff.  Not to mention EVERYTHING is "pay extra."

I'm kind of pissed about how that game has gone.  It's a tragedy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Same here.  

I love MW2 and MW3.  (I played Ghosts for a while, but got bored of it.). The newer, space-age stuff isn't my taste and I have no interest in Advanced Warfare.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#19]
The space stuff is not for me. They should keep the weapons present day.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Do you even operate?
View Quote

Apparently not.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#21]
You know you're gonna buy it. I know I will.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I still play BF3
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I still play BF3
View Quote
I want to, but punkbuster keeps kicking me from everything.

BFBC2 uber alles.

BFBC3 when?
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I played MW2 and was quite good at it. Every COD game was not worth anything after that.

I tried BF4 and like it pretty good. No longer, play MW2. Can't find a non hacked server to save my life haha.

This futuristic faggotry in these new FPS games is garbage.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I learned my lesson with the BF4 launch and I will never again buy a game on launch day.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I gave on COD after MW3.  They polished the edges too finely to the point that every multiplayer game was predictable.  Every map was so painfully circular and balanced that you lost that "ebb and flow" of a match that was possible when maps had strong points and weak points and thus required STRATEGY to win.

There should be death funnel parts of the map that require a shield or clever use of smoke or flashbangs to break through.

There should be camper spots with one approach that require grenades or rockets to dislodge the camper.

There should be asymmetric map designs were some capture points are favorable over others.

Those imbalances are what create the memorable struggles that make the game worth playing.  They tossed all of that out the window with MW3 and onward to the point that you just ran around in circles chasing the fight around the map.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#27]
I have a huge dissertation on the decline of COD but I'll save that for another time. I will say this in regards to AW, it will probably be very balanced(yes I know that no one thinks COD is balanced but balancing is one of the few things they do right, mostly). The jetpacks will change the game but not enough that it feels like anything but COD. Remember when diving to prone, "tactical sliding" and "contextual lean" were supposed to revolutionize the game? I see the jetpacks as being the same concept, maybe a little more useful though.
My issue with COD, well one of them at least, is how they've condensed literally everything. Back in the golden days of MW2, there were tons of guns, most people only used five or six, but there were a lot to choose from. Likewise with the maps, they were pretty big, and sure, most people only moved in 70 percent of the total area but there were still plenty of places to hide or sneak through. Skip forward a few years to Ghosts where the maps are unbelievably cramped and it feels more like a paintball course. Now that's part of the entire style of COD, arena vs. battlefield but still, the more they condense and shrink down the game the more it feels like I'm playing the same match over and over again. In AW they're advertising the "three lane map style" which is a really dumb way of saying "we're going to keep making those maps where you can go through the middle and get shot by everyone at once, or go to the right and get killed by a claymore/camper or go the left and get killed by a claymore/camper. COD really needs to expand their maps and stop boiling down the weapon selection to "all around rifle, accurate but ineffective at close range rifle, and bolt action sniper rifle never sighted for more than .8 seconds." Also stop with the awful camos, please. And bring back the good announcers, Snoop Dogg was funny sure, but I think everyone misses that bipolar Spetsnaz guy from MW2.

tl;dr: Cod is becoming more and more reductionist as time goes on and it's only a matter of time before it's a hellish singularity of Honey Badgers, IEDs and silenced UMP45s.

But yeah I'll probably buy in in a few months since it's the new COD.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I'm sorry, but this game just look like shit and gay as fuck.  No way am I jumping around in a fucking jetpack exosuit thing.

View Quote

Ditto.  I didn't buy this game when it was called Titanfall.  I won't be buying it now either.   If you're playing on the 360, Microsoft is giving away some AAA (but old) games for free.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#29]
All of them have been ported over to PC like shit lately.  Haven't touched anything since like Black Ops.. which still runs like hell.  And I have an embarassingly expensive computer.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The space stuff is not for me. They should keep the weapons present day.
View Quote

This. I won't be buying it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ditto.  I didn't buy this game when it was called Titanfall.  I won't be buying it now either.   If you're playing on the 360, Microsoft is giving away some AAA (but old) games for free.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just downloaded BFBC2 a couple of days ago but can't get on a MP server. Does nobody play this online anymore?
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I keep buying the COD's. Same complaints every time. Though I still cant find another FPS I like more. The new game every year just helps change things up a bit, new maps, new guns, new challenges to try and beat.

I also have BF4 but since like someone already mentioned you have to pay extra for everything its not as fun as the older versions. I like to play Hardcore Death Matches, and when youre playing the same 5 fucking maps over and over again it gets old. And theyre condensed versions at that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Finally a true cool story bro.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have a huge dissertation on the decline of COD but I'll save that for another time. I will say this in regards to AW, it will probably be very balanced(yes I know that no one thinks COD is balanced but balancing is one of the few things they do right, mostly). The jetpacks will change the game but not enough that it feels like anything but COD. Remember when diving to prone, "tactical sliding" and "contextual lean" were supposed to revolutionize the game? I see the jetpacks as being the same concept, maybe a little more useful though.
My issue with COD, well one of them at least, is how they've condensed literally everything. Back in the golden days of MW2, there were tons of guns, most people only used five or six, but there were a lot to choose from. Likewise with the maps, they were pretty big, and sure, most people only moved in 70 percent of the total area but there were still plenty of places to hide or sneak through. Skip forward a few years to Ghosts where the maps are unbelievably cramped and it feels more like a paintball course. Now that's part of the entire style of COD, arena vs. battlefield but still, the more they condense and shrink down the game the more it feels like I'm playing the same match over and over again. In AW they're advertising the "three lane map style" which is a really dumb way of saying "we're going to keep making those maps where you can go through the middle and get shot by everyone at once, or go to the right and get killed by a claymore/camper or go the left and get killed by a claymore/camper. COD really needs to expand their maps and stop boiling down the weapon selection to "all around rifle, accurate but ineffective at close range rifle, and bolt action sniper rifle never sighted for more than .8 seconds." Also stop with the awful camos, please. And bring back the good announcers, Snoop Dogg was funny sure, but I think everyone misses that bipolar Spetsnaz guy from MW2.

tl;dr: Cod is becoming more and more reductionist as time goes on and it's only a matter of time before it's a hellish singularity of Honey Badgers, IEDs and silenced UMP45s.
But yeah I'll probably buy in in a few months since it's the new COD.
View Quote

You need to get laid.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm sure the franchise will be able to continue on without your money. I bet that they will almost give a fuck.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#38]

They need to make another WWII one, and quit making it so cartoony. The new COD feel like dang arcade games.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#40]
+1. I wish I didn't buy ghost.

I just started playing the first Black Ops again.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm too simple for that shit.  Once they started adding perks and modifying weapons and having 8000 fucking people on one map I quit playing.  COD2 was the shit.  You got a couple guns and a couple grenades and just went at it.  No fucking air strikes, radio controlled cars, or dipshits dropping grenades when they die to mess with.  

I also got sick of getting my ass kicked by stupid little no life having 8 year old kids who constantly cuss and act like bad asses because they have 87 trillion achievement points.  
View Quote

Holy fuck, I was going to write that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#43]
I miss Delta Force: Black Hawk Down.  OMG that game was awesome.  Simple and so much fun.  

Then the hackers showed up.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just tired of get OHK'd by bunnyhopping shotguns.  It's fuckin retarded.

COD isn't getting another penny out of me until they fix their trash.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Why don't you get on board with Quake's spiritual decedent?

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I miss Delta Force: Black Hawk Down.  OMG that game was awesome.  Simple and so much fun.  

View Quote

I was a huge fan of ALL the Delta Force games. 1 and 2 were my first multiplayer games.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those games were the shit! I haven't thought about them in ages.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:41:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I actually really loved MW3.  Ghosts...depends on the map.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Why don't you get on board with Quake's spiritual decedent?

http://www.threattracksecurity.com/it-blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Team-Fortress-2_256.png

View Quote
I traded all of my hats for shitty weapons that are nerfed.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I just downloaded BFBC2 a couple of days ago but can't get on a MP server. Does nobody play this online anymore?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently not.  I couldn't find any matches either.  Campaign mode is decent, aside from the Japanese M1's.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top