View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
i am a sci fi nerd

Good for you.

But is he, I mean really, is he...

Or is that a 14'ers way of talking shit?

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
i am a sci fi nerd

Good for you.

I don't know.

Sounds like one of those troll accounts, like shoeh8ter/dport.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't know.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
i am a sci fi nerd

Good for you.

I don't know.

Dport has a troll account lol...

Oh man, I guess that could be fun but not worth the hassle IMO...
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:09:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
i am a sci fi nerd

Good for you.

I don't know.

*had* a troll account.

NorCal sent him on a time out, IIRC. And it was glorious.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I will have to look into this, but first do the Clone Wars series.

For those that watched the Clone Wars, should  I watch the movie or show first?
View Quote

Dont watch the movies (1, 2, or 3). There is literally ZERO that you need to know from them to watch the series. Infact, if you only watch the series, movies 4, 5 and 6 arent ruined near as much as watching those godfuckingaweful 1,2,3 movies.  You see a gradual progression of anakin to the dark side and him chaffing more and more at the councils arbitrary and retarded jedi rules. Not the whiny bullshit from the movies. He actually has a reason to fall away from them; the council treating the clones as expendable, the council not going after true badguys, the councils completely arbitrary decisions. Him going dark (as well as asoka heading that way as well) actually makes sense and is plausible. As opposed to the movie approach of "herp derp, wanna live forever ? " "okie dokie, ill be a badguy" "just kidding, maybe we can figure out how not to die" "you tricked me, but whatever. ill go kill some kids now" fuck those movies are bad.

You can safely skip all jarjar and padme heavy episodes, they are usually fluff and add zero story wise. Also padme is a straight up commie. Makes you glad when she dies.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dont watch the movies (1, 2, or 3). There is literally ZERO that you need to know from them to watch the series. Infact, if you only watch the series, movies 4, 5 and 6 arent ruined near as much as watching those godfuckingaweful 1,2,3 movies.  You see a gradual progression of anakin to the dark side and him chaffing more and more at the councils arbitrary and retarded jedi rules. Not the whiny bullshit from the movies. He actually has a reason to fall away from them; the council treating the clones as expendable, the council not going after true badguys, the councils completely arbitrary decisions. Him going dark (as well as asoka heading that way as well) actually makes sense and is plausible. As opposed to the movie approach of "herp derp, wanna live forever ? " "okie dokie, ill be a badguy" "just kidding, maybe we can figure out how not to die" "you tricked me, but whatever. ill go kill some kids now" fuck those movies are bad.

You can safely skip all jarjar and padme heavy episodes, they are usually fluff and add zero story wise. Also padme is a straight up commie. Makes you glad when she dies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know I "like" the prequels for the most part. I could do without certain things but over all I think they tell a good story. In that process they really open up the wholes in continuity with the prequels and the originals.

But sir, you make very valid points. The Clone Wars animated series does a MUCH better job showing the progression of Anakin and an ever increasingly arrogant Jedi counsel. With Asoka's trial being a huge wake up. Anakin beating the crap out of that guy... Ending up separated from Padame towards the end... The show ended very strong...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

By the end of the Clone Wars series I hated Windu with such a god-damned passion. Seriously, the only three or four Jedi I even liked were Obi-Wan (primarily because he faced a lot of the bullshit that Anakin did, and still stayed the course.), Ashoka, for calling Windu on his bullshit by walking away, Anakin, because in this he is less of a whiny bitch and more of the tragic figure we expected. And finally Yoda....because, well, he's an old fucking frog that can kick almost everyone's ass seven ways to hell and back.

ETA: Also the Republic not having a standing military prior to the Clone Wars, or at least a dedicated reserve of citizen-soldiers, was beyond fucking retarded. And every hippie peacenik Senator from Bail to Mothma STILL wanted to disband the Grand Army after all was said and done.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:49:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yep and they are really playing to that.

The Clone Wars, even though it was for kid/teens is was very adult in the fact that minus the no blood part, they killed everything and everyone. Showed Anakin going to a pretty dark place and just straight up revenge killing (not Anakin but just in the show in general) ...
View Quote

My favorite Clone Wars scene is when Anakin force chokes the shit out of Poggle the Lesser to get information out of him and the music score playing a hint of the imperial march.

What is the "correct" viewing order for this new series? Wikipedia shows four online shorts, the intro movie, and then season 1. Should one watch the movie or the shorts first?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:07:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My favorite Clone Wars scene is when Anakin force chokes the shit out of Poggle the Lesser to get information out of him and the music score playing a hint of the imperial march.

What is the "correct" viewing order for this new series? Wikipedia shows four online shorts, the intro movie, and then season 1. Should one watch the movie or the shorts first?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep and they are really playing to that.

The Clone Wars, even though it was for kid/teens is was very adult in the fact that minus the no blood part, they killed everything and everyone. Showed Anakin going to a pretty dark place and just straight up revenge killing (not Anakin but just in the show in general) ...

Of Rebels?

The shorts are just 3 minute clips to introduce some characters. Then the move and go from there.

This weeks episode was just good fun. Nothing of note but is merely character development.

ETA: yeah in Clone Wars, I always liked when they foreshadowed Vader when Anakin was doing some questionable stuff. He was much better in the Animated series, he was such a whiny brat in the Prequels... I've watched them so many times that I barely notice any more but I remember when I first saw them I had a hard time getting past his acting and how adolescent and whiny he portrayed Anakin... I feel like they really relied heavily on lightsaber fights and exaggerated use of the Force (when compared to the originals) to satisfy his less then stellar acting and perhaps a rushed story line. Well maybe it was't rushed but I always told folks that you could have had a old Robert Deniro play a teenage Anakin and have dome a better job...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:19:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you haven't seen any of the animated LEGO Star Wars shows, they are well worth watching. I watched them with my son and was pleasantly surprised at how well done they were. I don't remember all of them, but I think some were Star Wars the Empire Strikes Out, Padawan Menace, and Yoda Chronicles (might have been one or two more, I don't remember).
View Quote

^ this, they are great on many levels and I watch them and enjoy them on a different level than my 5yo but we both like them!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:41:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I caught the last 8 minutes.
Slingshot

Stupid haircut

All that was missing was a flat brimmed hat.  

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I caught the last 8 minutes.Slingshot
Stupid haircut

View Quote

You got to remember it's target audience.

The slingshot is lame but appropriate for a teenager thief. Still lame yes.
Hair cut? Maybe they'll buzz his hair and start a braid now that he's Jedi training... Who cares! The animation is softer then Clone Wars and has been a consistent conplaint from all I've talked to.

Who's gonna wear the flat brim hat? Never got that vibe at all. I think you are looking for reasons not to like it.

It's good fun for my kids as they are huge Star Wars fans and this is 'new' stuff for them to enjoy and me with them.

Don't think too hard about it
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hair cut? Maybe they'll buzz his hair and start a braid now that he's Jedi training... Who cares! The animation is softer then Clone Wars and has been a consistent conplaint from all I've talked to.

Who's gonna wear the flat brim hat? Never got that vibe at all. I think you are looking for reasons not to like it.

It's good fun for my kids as they are huge Star Wars fans and this is 'new' stuff for them to enjoy and me with them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stupid haircut

Teens in our current society carry guns/knives. Yet in an outlaw edge of the universe wild west, they carry slingshots?

No. No sir.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:11:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Teens in our current society carry guns/knives. Yet in an outlaw edge of the universe wild west, they carry slingshots?

No. No sir.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stupid haircut

No. No sir.

Over thinking it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Good for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i am a sci fi nerd

Good for you.

maybe he's like that kid in "A Christmas Story" standing in line with ralphie and randy.. just envision him wearing a hat with flaps and goggles and saying "I like the wizard of oz"...

and what was the new Darth Vader footage?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top