Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2014 12:00:27 AM EDT
I ordered a holster from Safariland, it was supposed to be delivered last Tuesday.
The tracking says the package was left at my doorstep.  It was not.
Called FedEx, they contacted the driver who claims he left the package at my doorstep....I didn't call until Thursday, so I'm not sure how he would even remember.
FedEx is telling me to basically pounds sand and I am so pissed.  What do I do next?
Safariland shipped the package, so it's not their fault.
I live in a very very safe neighborhood, so I know it wasn't "stolen".
Don't have kids, and the wife says she never saw the package either.

What the hell do I do now??
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:02:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Check with your neighbors? If none of them have it, file a claim.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Only real recourse is to ask Safariland to demand Fedex security open an investigation. The shipper has to ask for it.

Package was probably delivered to a wrong address and the scumbag decided to keep it.

It's ultimately up to the shipper to make it right with you though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:10:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only real recourse is to ask Safariland to demand Fedex security open an investigation. The shipper has to ask for it.

Package was probably delivered to a wrong address and the scumbag decided to keep it.

It's ultimately up to the shipper to make it right with you though.
View Quote

Ok, thanks.
Last time I called Safariland they told me to call FedEx.
I will call them again tomorrow..
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:16:38 AM EDT
[#4]
The shipper should initiate the claim.  If they refuse - then open a claim yourself and NEVER buy from that source again.

If they both stiff you - then contest the charge with your credit card company.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:19:53 AM EDT
[#5]
If you paid with a credit card, which I assume you did, file a dispute with it if you don't get any other type of satisfaction. You never received it so you shouldn't have to pay for it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:21:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I patrol a good area and we still get packages stolen from porches regularly. So that is possible.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:43:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I just know if was the stupid FedEx driver.  He has dropped my stuff at other addresses in the past. Only I caught it that same day, so he remembered where he dropped it.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Update?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Update?
View Quote

SafariLand sent me a new piece (it was a belt loop for my OWB holster).  It was only a 6 dollar item, so they didn't lose out too much.  I still felt bad that they had to do it.
FedEx gets the crapper on this one.
Thanks for checking in!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#10]
+i hate to say this but ive been through this with ebay and paypal when i bought a used phone. fedex home shows it as delivered  so when i call fedex and tell them i dont have the package they call the driver and he says he remembers putting it in front of my door so  they say not ourr problem it was delivered. i message the seller and he tells me tough luck, he did what he was supposed to do ship by common carrier with proof of delivery so not his problem. i ask ebay to open a claim because i diddnt get my product, they close the claim and tell me that there is proof of delivery so they are not responsible to cover it. paypal who i paid with using my banks card says its ebays issue and they are not even going to deal with it since there is proof of delivery. my bank tells me that since there is proof of delivery there is no coverage except under extended warranty and since it isnt new its a no go.

so what i thought would be a excellent deal on a lightly used s4 turned into me paying the stupid tax of $113.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you paid with a credit card, which I assume you did, file a dispute with it if you don't get any other type of satisfaction. You never received it so you shouldn't have to pay for it.
View Quote

This.

Why does everyone with these type of posts not know this....
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I love the folks with security cameras. It makes people honest.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#13]
FedEx is the worst when it comes to reimbursement for their fuck ups.

Sister sent me a birthday present a few years ago and I was home all day of delivery.  Hit refresh at some point in the day, "Out for delivery".  No more than an hour later I hit refresh again and it says "Delivered.  Left on doorstep."  There was no knock, no bell, no sound of the box dropping and the driver leaving.  They played fuck-fuck games for days, and still wouldn't reimburse full value of the contents.

USPS gets a bad rep, but they're still my favorite out of FedEx, UPS and USPS.  If you do USPS right, you're good to go.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Safariland has to deal with this.  Fedex made a deal with the sender, so the sender has initiate the claim.

If Safariland has good customer service, they will send you a replacement while they fight with Fedex.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Call your CC tell them what happened.  Companies don't like getting charge backs.

Didn't see SL made it right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top