Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 10/6/2014 4:38:05 PM EDT
2006 Subaru Forester  2.5XT Ltd. 86,xxx on the clock. $11,500. Made them put on new tires as part of the deal & change all fluids. Don't get it until Wednesday because they are detailing it out all pimp like.

Only thing that concerned me is there was water staining on the rear headliner. They let me take it for half a day to see if I like it, and i sprayed the piss out of it and dumped water on the sunroof to see if it leaked, whic I couldn't get it to do. Hopefully the staining is just due to the previous owner leaving the sunroof open in the rain or something.

GD told me that this will be an awesome vehicle, so I am counting on you.

Hopefully this vehicle downplays my rugged individual-ness, and no more cops draw guns on traffic stops at the end of my road. However, it is a hell of a driver, so I can see myself swerving again, only probably faster next time.

Update 10-13-14 Picked up vehicle on Friday at noon. By 3 oclock and 70 miles later, it was throwing evap codes, specifically P0457 (gas cap off). No big deal, went to dealership and got new gas cap. Threw code again. Took back about an hour ago and got a full refund & rid of car.

Now, I need a 4X4/AWD car (for the wife, can't be a truck) in the $13,000 price range again.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#1]
GD actually said that? Link?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Does your life partner have one too?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
So 11500 in somali shilling is like 15 dollars US? That's a good deal!
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
And now you're a lesbian.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, Link to that thread. I know I would have told you to RUN Away.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, Link to that thread. I know I would have told you to RUN Away.
View Quote

Here is my thread in which move loving of Subaru's entailed.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1671291_4X4_or_AWD_.html

I have to find a "coexist" sticker for the back of it now.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I would like to be a lesbian also.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
GD actually said that? Link?
View Quote

Probably came from another thread in which someone said we needed more lesbians around here........
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Just about every subaru 'round my 'hood has one if these stickers on the back...
https://www.google.ca/search?q=rainbow+sticker&client=ms-android-samsung&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=df4yVKeMO-eIsQTcloLAAg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=360&bih=592#facrc=_&imgrc=DIFmTQbNnFrxWM%253A%3BoRgXrOXitULnFM%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fwesleybauman.files.wordpress.com%252F2011%252F12%252Fbumpersticker3.jpg%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fwesleybauman.wordpress.com%252Ftag%252Fcoexist%252F%3B250%3B148
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#12]
GD trolled you so bad you actually purchased it?

I am sorry.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
GD trolled you so bad you actually purchased it?

I am sorry.
View Quote

I did consider that angle.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#14]
and you admit to this?  
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#15]
How long until you start wearing flannel and crocs, and dating a lesbian with a smoker's voice who goes by 'Pat'?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#17]
im pretty sure GD would have rather you bought a Tacoma.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#18]
saw one with a turbo and wanted it

i do like beaver
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#19]
get an "equals sign" bumper sticker and mount it vertically
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Fuck the haters OP.  The only issue I've had with our '15 Forester has been my wife deciding she didn't want to pay for XM in that vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, it's not for me, the spousal unit will be rocking it. I'll have to ask her after a week or so if any lesbians have come on to her.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fuck the haters OP.  The only issue I've had with our '15 Forester has been my wife deciding she didn't want to pay for XM in that vehicle.
View Quote

Any problems with leaking in yours? I couldn't get it to leak, but it concerns me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Good buy!

In Australia Subbies dont have the lesbian thing. They are in fact regarded as good drivers, reliable and useful.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#24]
So about that stain....
Previous owner was a squirter?

Enjoy the new ride...
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well, it's not for me, the spousal unit will be rocking it. I'll have to ask her after a week or so if any lesbians have come on to her.
View Quote

Sweet. Off to steal your wife.

Subaru owners need to understand there are consequences for their actions
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How long until you start wearing flannel and crocs, and dating a lesbian with a smoker's voice who goes by 'Pat'?
View Quote

You know her, too?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Good buy!

In Australia Subbies dont have the lesbian thing. They are in fact regarded as good drivers, reliable and useful.
View Quote

Makes sense, when you live in a country where even butterflies are poisonous.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

And an Art teacher.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#29]
You'll especially appreciate it when the snow flies, just be mindful of the ground clearance.

I loved mine and am considering replacing my SUV with one in a couple of years.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#31]
You took GD's advice?

I'm a 14'r and even I know to always do the opposite. This is an inside joke forum.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:54:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

you have one too, eh?

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Any problems with leaking in yours? I couldn't get it to leak, but it concerns me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've owned two scubbies. Not Foresters, but my guess is the sunroofs are all similar in design and neither of the cars leaked.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#35]
5 spd. or auto?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:55:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
2006 Subaru Forester  2.5XT Ltd. 86,xxx on the clock. $11,500. Made them put on new tires as part of the deal & change all fluids. Don't get it until Wednesday because they are detailing it out all pimp like.

Only thing that concerned me is there was water staining on the rear headliner. They let me take it for half a day to see if I like it, and i sprayed the piss out of it and dumped water on the sunroof to see if it leaked, whic I couldn't get it to do. Hopefully the staining is just due to the previous owner leaving the sunroof open in the rain or something.

Hopefully this vehicle downplays my rugged individual-ness, and no more cops draw guns on traffic stops at the end of my road. However, it is a hell of a driver, so I can see myself swerving again, only probably faster next time.
View Quote

Is this the same one you were recklessly driving in?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And an Art teacher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And an Art teacher.

His spirit guides told him to buy it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Auto. No, I was endangering the public in a Jeep.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:00:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Good buy!

View Quote

They are here too depending on location and maturity.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's unfortunate. The 5spd. XT gets low 5 second 0-60 times.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And an Art teacher.

Nope, you live in a place where you know better!
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't sweat it OP. I'm a lesbian too..........I'm just trapped in a mans body, however I don't own a Subaru.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

And an Art teacher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And an Art teacher.

Gym teacher
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:..................
GD told me that this will be an awesome vehicle, so I am counting on you........
View Quote

You mean BigPony recommended it to you?  Any other recommendation you are taking him up on?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You mean BigPony recommended it to you?  Any other recommendation you are taking him up on?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
GD told me that this will be an awesome vehicle, so I am counting on you........

BigPony has better taste than that
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Big Pony is a dude. They drive Miatas and Beetles. Gay men and women only overlap on their love of del Sols.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:06:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I had a trans sexual pull up next to my truck in the woods to go kayaking. It-I could not tell what gender it started out as or was intending to have become-was driving a Ford truck  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I had a trans sexual pull up next to my truck in the woods to go kayaking. It-I could not tell what gender it started out as or was intending to have become-was driving a Ford truck  

Girlfriend and I were camping in Custer state park, we set our tent up at the end of a dead end road. We we're woken up that morning by a Toyota Tacoma coming down the road and inside the vehicle were two butch lesbians... GD precious Tacoma is no longer safe either.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing yet, but I haven't taken it to get washed.  We've had some pretty bad rain since we had it and it is parked outside with no signs of leaking.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Big Pony is a dude. They drive Miatas and Beetles. Gay men and women only overlap on their love of del Sols.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The cool thing is, people like Subnet can drive their stick shift Miatas hands-free.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top