Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/5/2014 12:00:20 PM EDT
Folks always post pics of their pretty guns and gizmos here. You know they have not seen much carry because they look about new with no honest wear or "character". In this thread, we post pics of guns we actually carry and use more than any others. Not your favorite or your safe queen...The one that has gotten the "daily-driver" use.

I will start with my 3"  S&W Model 10. It gets carried more than any other service size gun I own. The knife is a new replacement for my recently lost folder I had been carrying for years.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You may get some hate for carrying an "old wheel gun", but I bet that thing goes bang everytime
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't carry. The police will protect me
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Guns are icky. The government will save us.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:08:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Glock 30s
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#6]
3" K frame rules

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Carry a G19. You've seen one then you've seen them all.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. I don't carry for the children. The only people who think they need to carry are just criminals itching to kill someone. I mean it's not like it's The Wild West anymore
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:10:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I want a model 10. Prefer a round butt, but I'd carry that one.

My uniform sidearm is a Glock 22, Off duty I carry one of these two. The wood gripped one is a .40S&W, the other one is a 9MM with a Alloy frame.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yup. I don't carry for the children. The only people who think they need to carry are just criminals itching to kill someone. I mean it's not like it's The Wild West anymore
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I carry throwing stars. I can deploy them faster with my superior ninja skills and there is no problematic over penetration..
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I carry throwing stars. I can deploy them faster with my superior ninja skills and there is no problematic over penetration..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I carry a rape whistle
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still waiting for Uncle Joe to tell me which shotgun sounds the scariest when racking it.  But he keeps doding my emails.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

guns are icky and dangerous........
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

But, do you have the claws that allow you to scale walls, and trees?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:15:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I carry a rape whistle
View Quote

Me too.  No one has ever taken me up on it though

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:15:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
3" K frame rules

View Quote

Mine's a 2.5" 19-3

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:15:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics of shuriken...or wife...or wife holding shuriken??
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I carry a rape whistle

There are probably a couple trolls posting that would.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes

What holster are you toting that fine six shooter in?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

This...911 via my Obamaphone.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Folks always post pics of their pretty guns and gizmos here. You know they have not seen much carry because they look about new with no honest wear or "character". In this thread, we post pics of guns we actually carry and use more than any others. Not your favorite or your safe queen...The one that has gotten the "daily-driver" use.

I will start with my 3"  S&W Model 10. It gets carried more than any other service size gun I own. The knife is a new replacement for my recently lost folder I had been carrying for years.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq126/Powerkicker/m10_zpsc9657745.jpg~original

View Quote
Wheel gun huh? Lot of old timers carry those.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I wish I had taken pictures of the Keltec P11 I carried and sweated on for a few years. All the finish had rusted off the slide. About the time I got a G19 and figured out how to carry it so I didn't sweat on it I took mercy on the poor Keltec, sanded down the slide and baked black Rustoleum on it. Some of that has wore off on the high spots, now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I carry a rape whistle

Perhaps you're not dressing slutty enough?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#24]
By Beat up Sig P245   --   Snubby 45 Auto CCW perfection !  

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Basic leather thumb-break paddle made by Masters.
In cold weather under a coat, I use a leather shoulder rig that I bought from SPORTSMANS Guide.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#26]

And two extra mags for the 19.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#27]
G26 in a Raven holster with a spare G17 mag. Also I always have a ZT folder and a single cell flashlight.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#28]
I carry an airhorn.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
I never understood this statement unless you have a constitutional carry system

G36& lcp combo gets worn 98% of the time. I'll drop to just the lcp and a reload for it if I need to. Yes, thats an uncle mikes for the lcp. it rights on my offside hip iwb and i have never had any problems with retention. when it wares out ill go shopping again.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm still waiting for Uncle Joe to tell me which shotgun sounds the scariest when racking it.  But he keeps doding my emails.
View Quote

Well thanks. I read your post about racking shotguns, and now I have to change my pants because I wet myself. You really should be more careful with what you post.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:54:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Moderately worn G19 FDE, or a polished-edges 638.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#33]

I think most folks don't bother taking pictures once it's not new. I had to go snap these, I have some other shots but they're usually featuring a knife I'm selling or some accessory I'm reviewing.
The pistol is a Kimber Ultra Shadow LE II. I have been carrying it for over a decade now and I specifically bought it to be a daily carry gun. The line you see just below the slide, on the frame, is actually a little grease on the frame. About the only thing I'd change would be to have a bobtail mainspring housing with matching mod to the frame, but I think if I decide I really want that I'll build something completely new and leave this one in factory configuration. The only thing I've done to it over the years is replace springs as needed. Mags are a Chip McCormick 8 rounder and a Wilson Combat 7 rounder with standard pad. The one in the pistol is also a Wilson but with the thin pad. I tend to keep a 7 rounder in the gun but don't usually pay attention to which version it is. Then the spare is an 8 round CM.

The VM2 actually predates the Kimber, I bought it when I was carrying a full size 1911 and have just never bothered getting a shorter one. It has held up incredibly well. I don't do anything special to care for it, but I don't beat on it either. The other holster is a Kirkpatrick that I got as a gift shortly after I got the Kimber and I'd say it sees about equal time with the VM2. As comfy as the Milt Sparks holster is, a nice OWB is more so and when clothing permits I tend to go that route.

The knife is a Kershaw Cryo I got when they first came out. It is the right size, right price, decent construction, easy to care for... What's not to like in something i use all the time? I don't like carrying expensive knives, I lost ONE and am still kicking myself so now I carry reasonably priced factory stuff.

Flashlight is a Fenix LD12 that is only a few months old now. I had one before this but someone at work beat the shit out of it so it became an office flashlight and the office bought me a new one. It's worth noting that they REALLY beat on it and it still works today. I haven't been gentle to my replacement either, the only real sign is some finish wear around the crown and most of that is because I use it to check rust spots on tanks and trucks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
http://www.wolfweb.us/images/edc1.JPG
http://www.wolfweb.us/images/edc-cl.JPG
I think most folks don't bother taking pictures once it's not new. I had to go snap these, I have some other shots but they're usually featuring a knife I'm selling or some accessory I'm reviewing.
The pistol is a Kimber Ultra Shadow LE II. I have been carrying it for over a decade now and I specifically bought it to be a daily carry gun. The line you see just below the slide, on the frame, is actually a little grease on the frame. About the only thing I'd change would be to have a bobtail mainspring housing with matching mod to the frame, but I think if I decide I really want that I'll build something completely new and leave this one in factory configuration. The only thing I've done to it over the years is replace springs as needed. Mags are a Chip McCormick 8 rounder and a Wilson Combat 7 rounder with standard pad. The one in the pistol is also a Wilson but with the thin pad. I tend to keep a 7 rounder in the gun but don't usually pay attention to which version it is. Then the spare is an 8 round CM.

The VM2 actually predates the Kimber, I bought it when I was carrying a full size 1911 and have just never bothered getting a shorter one. It has held up incredibly well. I don't do anything special to care for it, but I don't beat on it either. The other holster is a Kirkpatrick that I got as a gift shortly after I got the Kimber and I'd say it sees about equal time with the VM2. As comfy as the Milt Sparks holster is, a nice OWB is more so and when clothing permits I tend to go that route.

The knife is a Kershaw Cryo I got when they first came out. It is the right size, right price, decent construction, easy to care for... What's not to like in something i use all the time? I don't like carrying expensive knives, I lost ONE and am still kicking myself so now I carry reasonably priced factory stuff.

Flashlight is a Fenix LD12 that is only a few months old now. I had one before this but someone at work beat the shit out of it so it became an office flashlight and the office bought me a new one. It's worth noting that they REALLY beat on it and it still works today. I haven't been gentle to my replacement either, the only real sign is some finish wear around the crown and most of that is because I use it to check rust spots on tanks and trucks.
View Quote

That's what I'm talking about! Nice.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#36]
My current Off Duty Carry

S&W Model 342 Airlite Ti

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
DUPE
View Quote

I am not asking to see everyones current stuff. I am asking to se everyone's well worn, stuff.

I swear, the arfcom Dupe police have given me a subconscious fear of having sex with my own wife. I'm afraid I'm going to insert and then some neckbeard is gonna run into my room smelling of cheese dip and shame and yell "Dupe"!!. I hope you are proud of yourselves.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#39]
An M&P 340 gets occasional warm weather duty as does an PM9 but my go to is my tired and true 15 yr old Glock Model 23.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#40]
EDC "work" gun (must pocket carry at work): G42, in this Galco pocket holster. Carried since Jan, holster is just starting to get a nice wear look to it in spots:

G26, EDC for 4 years before the 42, and what I typically wear on the weekends now. Some wear visible on the slide stop, on the sights, and some scratches on the slide on the other side, but looking good for 4 years of carry:

Other carry gun, not pictured: Hk P2000SK .40 LEM, currently on my hip now. It is 6 years old, but looks new still because I don't carry it as often, so no picture for the thread.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:36:00 PM EDT
[#41]

Also a Glock 30, no pic.
Glock 21 is house/bed gun.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq126/Powerkicker/m10_zpsc9657745.jpg~original

Why yes. Yes we do.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.wolfweb.us/images/edc1.JPG
http://www.wolfweb.us/images/edc-cl.JPG

I second that!
Nothing like a well worn 1911! I had a park'd Rock Island that I carried all the time, looked gorgeous when I sold it. It ate everything and was accurate as all hell. Never should have sold it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Most days:

Sometimes I wonder why the fuck I own a Wilson Combat 1911 but carry a $99 commie gun.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#47]
26 and Little Foxx
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:09:53 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm having no luck finding a picture of my M&P 9c with the rusted out barrel and slide prior to sending it back to S&W, but at the moment it looks down right pristine and boring.

ETA

The'se aren't anywhere close to the "good" ones though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#50]

EDC
by ImDTux, on Flickr
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top