BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The DC stop over is not confirmed.  The Brussels one is.  There is no flight to Dallas from Brussels. Some folks found a connecting flight through DC.  It is not confirmed.  Perhaps I worded the post wrong.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also according to this chart from the CDC there is a good chance he contracted it on the plane.  

Plane went Liberia - Brussels - DC - Dallas.

"FIGURE 4. Distribution of Ebola virus incubation period, by days of incubation
The figure shows the distribution of Ebola virus incubation period, by days of incubation. Data from two sources were used to construct a lognormal probability distribution of being in the incubation state. The mean incubation period derived from this calculation is 6.3 days (standard deviation: 3.31 days), with a median of 5.5 days and a 99th percentile at 21 days.
Sources: Data adapted from Legrand J, Grais RF, Boelle PY, Valleron AJ, Flahault A. Understanding the dynamics of Ebola epidemics. Epidemiol Infect 2007;135:610–21; and Eichner M, Dowell SF, Firese N. Incubation period of Ebola hemorrhagic virus subtype Zaire. Osong Public Health Res Perspect 2011;2:3–7.
*Frequency relates to number of patients out of a total of 5,000 patients."

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/figures/su6303a1appendixf4.gif

Source - http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/su6303a1.htm?s_cid=su6303a1_x

What's the source on the DC stop over, vs. say JFK or O'Hare?

The DC stop over is not confirmed.  The Brussels one is.  There is no flight to Dallas from Brussels. Some folks found a connecting flight through DC.  It is not confirmed.  Perhaps I worded the post wrong.  

Got it.  Figure its one of four (?) cities, depending on air carrier: Chicago, DC, Atlanta, New York.   Maybe Philly or Boston.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

kids were living with this guy for 4-5 infectious days.

Very low chance?...... yea right. They have the highest chance of anybody.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
None of the kids currently have it and it's estimated to be a very low chance they have it. I'm not worried.

What blows my mind about the kids is the fact they are still running around free.    They sent them home and told them to stay inside.  
They will be out every afternoon playing with their friends, Fucking thay boo, or whatever the hell ghetto kids do.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Information Control says this is no big deal.
View Quote

Wall Street says otherwise.

https://news.fidelity.com/news/news.jhtml?articleid=201410010708RTRSNEWSCOMBINED_KCN0HQ3RE_1&cat=Top.Investing.RT&IMG=Y
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
None of the kids currently have it and it's estimated to be a very low chance they have it. I'm not worried.

Then why are they at home and not in a hospital being monitored?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#5]
How many of those influenza deaths had comorbidities?  How many were young or elderly?  Don't think Ebola cares about any of that...  The fact that it can have up to a 21 day incubation period is disheartening.  How many places can you go in 21 days in this country?  I realize that transmission comes with showing symptoms, but the fact we can travel anywhere we want in this country can increase the spread.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How many of those influenza deaths had comorbidities?  How many were young or elderly?  Don't think Ebola cares about any of that...  The fact that it can have up to a 21 day incubation period is disheartening.  How many places can you go in 21 days in this country?  I realize that transmission comes with showing symptoms, but the fact we can travel anywhere we want in this country can increase the spread.
View Quote

They actually have said it can be transmitted without showing symptoms.

I knew the second the feds said they have this under control and not to worry, we better worry about it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#7]
"A checklist was in place for Ebola in this hospital for several weeks. That checklist was utilized by the nurse, who did ask [the] question [if the patient had been to Africa,]" Lester said. "[...] Regretfully, that information [was not shared] with the full team."
View Quote
Nurse of the year there.  Way to go!  

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#8]
"nah but really,  the flu kills more people every year."

these are the kinda people that I want to party with.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#9]
This is like the beginning of most zombie stories...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#10]
month long quarantine, who is ready?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/Ebola_Outbreak_2014.svg

Graph represents through middle of August. The graph lines are still going up. And it's over here now. Like ISIL beheadings.

http://i60.tinypic.com/i1a25e.gif
View Quote

Now go find a graph that compares Ebola to the Flu...

Also let's not forget where most of the Ebola infections are taking place.  Backwards shit holes with no basic sanitation and almost no modern medical services.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#12]
still too early to tell if this is going to go crazy but I have to say I fly a lot and everytime I fly someone close to me is sneezing or coughing I mean every time so imagine the people near that guy
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

All seven levels of security- breached. Living in a world of mediocrity. Consequences will never be the same.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Also let's not forget where most of the Ebola infections are taking place.  Backwards shit holes with no basic sanitation and almost no modern medical services.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Graph represents through middle of August. The graph lines are still going up. And it's over here now. Like ISIL beheadings.

Slacker. You go find it!!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#15]
this is mo betta than the Cuban Cigar Crisis  (both of them)
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have to...I'm not the one having a spaz attack.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If he is in the last seat and gets on last, he is within 3 feet of everybody.

just something to think about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A little bit ago Rush Limbaugh was railing about the CDC guy who claimed "it cannot be spread except by direct contact."  A bit later he said "direct contact includes being within three feet of an infected person."  Ummmmmmmm . . .

A few weeks ago I was derided for ranting about bringing that doctor back here.  I repeat--we don't need that shit here.  Keep the infected fuckers "over there."  Oh wait--too late for that now.  God help us!  

So, on an airline there are what, 9 people within 3 feet of a passenger at any given time?

The flight from Houston to Angola is 18 hours.

If he is in the last seat and gets on last, he is within 3 feet of everybody.

just something to think about.

Toilet visits?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

It really is lol
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah you are.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you believe the doctors, that's not the right question.  The question is, have any of the kids become symptomatic?  If the answer is no, it doesn't matter where they've been because they are not contagious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dallas ISD Superintendent announces that five different students from four different schools may have been exposed to Ebola. What I want to know, is how many of those kids went to school between the time patient zero became symptomatic and yesterday's confirmation of infection?

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/health/2014/10/01/thompson-dallas-county-ebola-patient-cases/16524303/

If you believe the doctors, that's not the right question.  The question is, have any of the kids become symptomatic?  If the answer is no, it doesn't matter where they've been because they are not contagious.

Not true. You are contagious from day one. It takes up to 21 days to show any symptoms.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah you are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah you are.

lol Bless your little heart...run along and max out your CC on "survival supplies".
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not true. You are contagious from day one. It takes up to 21 days to show any symptoms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dallas ISD Superintendent announces that five different students from four different schools may have been exposed to Ebola. What I want to know, is how many of those kids went to school between the time patient zero became symptomatic and yesterday's confirmation of infection?

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/health/2014/10/01/thompson-dallas-county-ebola-patient-cases/16524303/

You are mistaken.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#25]
All I need is  a saucy British biologist and a Navy Destroyer and I will be good.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

lol Bless your little heart...run along and max out your CC on "survival supplies".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[Now go find a graph that compares Ebola to the Flu...

Yeah you are.

Hey...if that's all you got to defend your argument, it's all you got...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yeah. I take an involuntary deep sigh.

Kinda like calling the poh-leece demanding help, then calling in a complaint about how it was handled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

anyone else finding it funny how people are screaming for the govt to do something then railing about how the government screws this all up and caused it.

Yeah. I take an involuntary deep sigh.

Kinda like calling the poh-leece demanding help, then calling in a complaint about how it was handled.

So if you have a leaky pipe, and you call a plumber to fix it, and instead of fixing the one leak you did have, he causes 5 others, you guys think it's out of line to hold him accountable?  Like it or not, the .gov is the police force, they are the disease control people, they NEED to be held accountable for their fuckups just as the plumber is.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That's from Sept 23rd
View All Quotes

Yeap. So did they redact it?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Duck and cover.
View Quote

Yes, that's right.  Duck and Cover.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Uhh, no. But it's predictions were about Africa.

In this thread; we're discussing it's appearance in a large American city.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And he is KNOWN to have "close contact" with a number of children (topic of this thread).  The CDC says "the children are being monitored."  Just fucking great--top people are on it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A little bit ago Rush Limbaugh was railing about the CDC guy who claimed "it cannot be spread except by direct contact."  A bit later he said "direct contact includes being within three feet of an infected person."  Ummmmmmmm . . .

A few weeks ago I was derided for ranting about bringing that doctor back here.  I repeat--we don't need that shit here.  Keep the infected fuckers "over there."  Oh wait--too late for that now.  God help us!  

So, on an airline there are what, 9 people within 3 feet of a passenger at any given time?

The flight from Houston to Angola is 18 hours.

And he is KNOWN to have "close contact" with a number of children (topic of this thread).  The CDC says "the children are being monitored."  Just fucking great--top people are on it.  

They are being monitored, but aren't under quarantine, which means we are fucked.  No telling how many people they will infect between the time they start exhibiting symptoms and the time they show up at the hospital.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I already defended my argument.  Your refusal to go google deaths from the flu and compare them to Ebola only confirms my theory that people jerking off to the idea that Ebola is a threat are unwilling to examine facts and are more concerned with being hysterical.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#33]
And so it starts.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The Flu is one mutation away from being the next plague as with a lot of other diseases.  Nobody has a spaz attack every year come flu time.
View Quote

Flu doesn't have a 70% mortality rate.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Flu is one mutation away from being the next plague as with a lot of other diseases.  Nobody has a spaz attack every year come flu time.

I didn't say mortality rate did I.  I said deaths...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I already defended my argument.  Your refusal to go google deaths from the flu and compare them to Ebola only confirms my theory that people jerking off to the idea that Ebola is a threat are unwilling to examine facts and are more concerned with being hysterical.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put up or shut up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I think it's long past time we run a fence around DallasTexas...
View Quote
Fix't

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. We're talking about how it is spreading everywhere and how it just got here. the article doesn't limit the spread to Western Africa.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No. We're talking about how it is spreading everywhere and how it just got here. the article doesn't limit the spread to Western Africa.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you in Belize?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Put up or shut up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put up or shut up.

I'm fine sitting back and laughing at you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Fix't

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it's long past time we run a fence around DallasTexas...
Fix't

I guess it's unanimous then!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:03:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put up or shut up.

as I suspected. Lazy.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Are you in Belize?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's from Sept 23rd

Are you in Belize?

Not yet. It's more of a prediction.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#44]
................snippppp

Not yet. It's more of a prediction.
View Quote

LOL.... Touche'
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Fort Carson, too.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am about to board an airplane to Houston then El Paso.  Hopefully TX is big enough to keep it from spreading that far in the next few hours!  

And they just announced that troops from Fort Bliss are headed to Liberia. Hopefully, you're not part of that mission.  

Fort Carson, too.  

Hopefully none of them decide to get their nut with one of the locals while in Africa.  Even a blow job can pass this virus, due to its presence in saliva and its ability to infect with very low virus count.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Flu is endemic in human and bird populations.  It kills between 250,000 and 500,000 people, worldwide, per year.  It kills mainly the young and the old (people with poor immune systems).

We are still in the early stages of the ebola outbreak.  CDC is projecting 1,000,000 infections in Africa by January.  70% of those people will die or 700,000.  And that's just through January.

If this becomes endemic in human populations, then it's going to be a great culling of the herd.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

as I suspected. Lazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put up or shut up.

as I suspected. Lazy.

Does coast to coast have Pod casts?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No, it won't be.  And that's the terrible part about it.

This will be contained.  So when the next thing, which cannot be contained, comes along, TPTB will point to this and say, "Not to worry.  Remember ebola?"  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im tell'n ya, it will be a national emergency, and it will be too late by then....

No, it won't be.  And that's the terrible part about it.

This will be contained.  So when the next thing, which cannot be contained, comes along, TPTB will point to this and say, "Not to worry.  Remember ebola?"  

I expect that these cases will be kept under control, simply due to Dallas being in a socially self-responsible area of the country.  An outbreak in some place where social irresponsibility is a hallmark, like NYC or LA, and it will be a disaster.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It will be way too late to panic then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll start to panic when 25% of the U. S.  population is infected.

It will be way too late to panic then.

Better late than never?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put up or shut up.

as I suspected. Lazy.

Don't know. Does it? Never listened to coast-to-coast.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top