Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I side with the school on this, to be honest. Where did the kids even get the idea for this, at that age?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I side with the school on this, to be honest. Where did the kids even get the idea for this, at that age?
View Quote

AMC?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:32:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Fans of “Breaking Bad” are familiar with the color blue and what it symbolizes.

since the shitty article didn't bother to explain that, what does blue symbolize in this teevee program I don't watch?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:34:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fans of “Breaking Bad” are familiar with the color blue and what it symbolizes.

since the shitty article didn't bother to explain that, what does blue symbolize in this teevee program I don't watch?
View Quote

Blue Meth Yo.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:35:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember in the 80's in school when haloween came around we were allowed to hand out candy I remember these being the ones everyone wanted.

Teachers were split on them, butt I guess this is the closest thing we had to the meth candy I obviously not the same but similar.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:36:43 PM EDT
[#6]
colonoscopy for all  

Long live Demming
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Considering if you have a L shaped pop tart they charge with possession of a firearm in libtard school. sure why not.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:37:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Blue symbolizes high quality meth.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Kids being suspended is not news. Ever.

This trend needs to stop.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Their school, their rules
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#12]
What would Walt do?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I remember in the 80's in school when haloween came around we were allowed to hand out candy I remember these being the ones everyone wanted. https://www.creativenonfiction.org/brevity/past%20issues/brev23/brev23pix/cigs.jpg

Teachers were split on them, butt I guess this is the closest thing we had to the meth candy I obviously not the same but similar.
View Quote

I actually thought candy cigs were outlawed or something in the early 90's but I stopped in some gas station out west in AZ or NM this summer and they were selling them.
Wish I had thought to buy some but was more amused at the time that they even had them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What would Walt do?
View Quote

Break out the ricin.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:14:57 AM EDT
[#15]
WWWD
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:25:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:34:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Public schools are fucking retarded, no wonder most people leave the school system as window licking idiots.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:36:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Better call Saul.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:41:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Is it even legal for them to ban candy?

View Quote
My HS banned anything that got popular. Those slap bracelets yo-yo's and the list goes on and on. It seems the courts gave schools the ability to "regulate" themselves

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:41:59 AM EDT
[#20]
I remember the good old days when teacher just took the candy (or toy or whatever was causing a distraction), usually gaving it back at the end of the day and told the kid not to bring it again.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:45:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Better call Saul.
View Quote

FUCK! You beat me to it.

It's candy, bitch!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:46:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Oh shit Jesse Walt and Vince are all getting sued
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:46:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I remember in the 80's in school when haloween came around we were allowed to hand out candy I remember these being the ones everyone wanted. https://www.creativenonfiction.org/brevity/past%20issues/brev23/brev23pix/cigs.jpg

View Quote

They still sell candy cigarettes.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:53:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not a drug addict, but I'm fairly certain a particular color isn't an accurate indicator of "quality" home-made methamphetamine.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:55:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm not a drug addict, but I'm fairly certain a particular color isn't an accurate indicator of "quality" home-made methamphetamine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you even Breaking Bad bro?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:57:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

You side with a school for suspending kids because they brought drugs to school when in reality they brought candy that looked kind of a like a drug in a fictional TV show?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:15:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:24:15 AM EDT
[#28]
I agree with the school on this one, actually. It may be candy but it's been associated with/implied as being methamphetamine on a TV show that was filmed here. Offs. Spectacular parenting skills, lady.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:35:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I remember those. Don't think they make them any more.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:59:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you would be  correct
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:20:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:45:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Dammit, I just bought some.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:17:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

You want to know what is funny. I can almost guarantee that at least one kid in that class takes prescription methamphetamine or amphetamine on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:25:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:43:32 AM EDT
[#35]
You gotta war on drugs these kids when they are young yo.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:52:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only on a TV show.

I'm pretty sure any reasonably astute organic chemist would say "bullshit".

Methamphetamine Hydrochloride pure crystals are white or clear.

Look it up. The Merck Index....
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:05:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:07:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Better call Saul.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:07:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:16:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You want to know what is funny. I can almost guarantee that at least one kid in that class takes prescription methamphetamine or amphetamine on a daily basis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sir are probably right,  Attention Deficit Disorder  bullshit.....

Fifteen years ago my sons elementary school wanted to treat  his ADD with Ritalin, also known as Methylphenidate.

After much research we found out these chemicals work by burning the kid out.... and  the other drug used is Meth.... albeit a less potent form, but still meth.

We didn't like the sound of that and said no......

Anyway, point being, don't let the system........ force your kids to do drugs.......
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:20:58 AM EDT
[#41]
The suspension was most likely the result of a series of events.  The "Breaking Bad" candy promoting drug culture was also most likely the straw that broke the camels back. I am sure Mom and Dad are playing stupid knowing that the school can't comment.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The suspension was most likely the result of a series of events.  The "Breaking Bad" candy promoting drug culture was also most likely the straw that broke the camels back. I am sure Mom and Dad are playing stupid knowing that the school can't comment.
View Quote

According to the article:

"School officials gave out slips to the Valdez family. They read that the boys were being suspended for two and a half days for bringing drugs to school."

Rock candy is a drug now? WTF! School should apologize and kiss the families ass.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:38:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Fifteen years ago my sons elementary school wanted to treat  his ADD with Ritalin, also known as Methylphenidate.

After much research we found out these chemicals work by burning the kid out.... and  the other drug used is Meth.... albeit a less potent form, but still meth.

Anyway, point being, don't let the system........ force your kids to do drugs.......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Desoxyn is Dextromethamphetamine, the drug that gets meth heads high and is prescribed to kids for ADHD. Levomethamphetamine is the less potent enantiomer of methamphetamine that is available over the counter.  Pharmaceutical amphetamine is Adderall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top