Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2014 5:54:30 PM EDT
Okay, I am a long time watcher, short time member and I realize that. There is no reason to chastise me for that.

My reason for posting is my pastor (who I am great friends with) gave me an audio CD with a lecture on the Four Blood Moons. It is a doomsday prophesy prediction with historical backing behind it. It involves what are called tetrads which are four blood moons happening within a short time period of each other. Apparently this has only happened 3 times in the past 500 years and has always been on Jewish religious holidays when something horrific is happening and relates to the Biblical End Times Prophecy. The first was when the Jews were kicked out of Spain (1492). The second time was in 1949 when the Jews were allowed to go back to their homeland (Israel). Then in 1967 the 6 day war happened. We are in the middle of the fourth tetrad.

The first Moon of this tetrad was April 15th, the second is happening incredibly soon on October 8th. The final two are in 2015.

So have you heard of this? Is this just the "Close enough" human psychological bias where these events just so happen to fall relatively close to major historical events? I want your thoughts!

Biblical reference: Rev 6:12 "And I saw the Lamb break open the sixth seal. There was a violent earthquake, and the sun became black like coarse black cloth, and the moon turned completely red like blood."
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#1]
We discussed this sometime ago. Here's the archived link
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I've heard of the Blood Moons being linked to End Time  prophesy also but never bothered to look into it. You gotta "be ready" all the time. Its in God's hands and that's fine by me
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#3]
anybody who believes that type of shit is a fucking retard.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't see why you would doubt something like this. The business of predicting the end of world has been spot on so far...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
and we're offQuoted:

View Quote
and we're off...........................

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Bloodmoonbad, therefore MoonBloodgood

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Ill take MoonBlood for 1000$ Alex

In all seriousness, no one knows the end day, not even Jesus himself.  
That being said, we are seeing some fucked up shit in our world recently (or is it an increase in the speed of and distribution of info???)
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

OK now I'm IN.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#9]
ebola thread got me jumpy and now this. Don't need this
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Bloodmoonbad, therefore MoonBloodgood

http://i.imgur.com/VqpH0TE.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Sheer utter and complete stupidity and an example of how to lie with statistics.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sheer utter and complete stupidity and an example of how to lie with statistics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--kA2-5z2zI
View Quote

Ahh yes,John Hagee. I watched his show once. His sermon was on how we are in THE end times etc. etc.,immediately following the conclusion of the sermon was a sales pitch for his prophecy study Bible that could be enjoyed by you,your family and generations to come.Weird.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#13]
meh...nothing will happen and the snake oil salesmen will change their pitch and continue to make their green.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#14]
April 15th was the kick off of the Ukraine Civil War that has highlighted US/NATO military weakness and 0bama's indecisive/ineffective foreign policy. There are now indications that Russia is prepping for a full out invasion of Ukraine during this winter.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-26248275
15 April: Ukraine's acting President, Olexander Turchynov, announces the start of an "anti-terrorist operation" against pro-Russian separatists.
View Quote

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2014/03/timeline-ukraine-political-crisis-201431143722854652.html
April 15:   Putin declares that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war. Politicians in Moldova's Transdniestr region call on Moscow and the UN to recognise its independence.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Didn't we get Graham Crackers out of this?  Who says it doesn't bring anything good?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Great Link!

at the 3:37 mark he talks about the sky growing dark. This is common with severe volcanic activity. Volcanic activity is also commonly companied with earthquakes as well. Could this perhaps be a super volcano in combination with the blood moons?

In questioning the accuracy of such claims as far as how they aline to Jewish holidays, I mentioned the "close enough" psychological bias. Are the events just close enough to link them?

I had no idea that there were two tetrads unmentioned in the theory. These are not warnings for the happenings themselves, but warnings of the second coming of Jesus.

Thank you so much for that response!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I grew up in churches where the end of the world was tomorrow. Like don't make plans.

Harvest moons made me twtichy for a while.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
and we're offQuoted:
View Quote
and we're off...........................  
View Quote

I got a start of a major civil war on the first one.
Let's keep this civil(yeah, I'm asking a lot here) so this thread doesn't get locked and let's see what happens on the next date.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:54:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That being said, we are seeing some fucked up shit in our world recently (or is it an increase in the speed of and distribution of info???)  
View Quote

I'm going with option B.  The sorts of violence going on now has gone on for all of my life.  Just there's real time or near real time coverage today, compared to hearing about things like the Cambodia massacres, the Rwandan genocide, the Congo war atrocities and other such horrors after they were over.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Nonsense.  And if you're biblically inclined, the good book says that no one but God knows when the end times will occur.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Nonsense.  And if you're biblically inclined, the good book says that no one but God knows when the end times will occur.
View Quote

Yup.  So the end times may come with the Blood Moons or whatever. . .but correlation does not equal causation.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My reason for posting is my pastor (who I am great friends with) gave me an audio CD with a lecture on the Four Blood Moons. It is a doomsday prophesy prediction with historical backing behind it. It involves what are called tetrads
View Quote

LOL. Sounds like it's time to change churches.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I hope it is true.
Let's get this shit over with, I ain't getting any younger.

I don't pop p-mags, I pop aspirin. I don't blade at 45, just Bob and bonce a bit. I will act as cover for those of righteousness and will be honored to have done so that they may live.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Extracted verses from  Matthew 24
4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.
24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time
32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door.
36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

You will be able to discern that things will be starting to wrap up. Start to smell smoke as to say.
But no one knows the exact time of the kickoff.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Even with all the symbolism in Revelation, it's not hard to research things predicted that are so over the top that even a fifth grader will know the end is near. Towards the very end, you will either have the mark of the beast or be sealed by God.

Most think of the "mark" as an actual mark. Head and hand means brain and actions....where your loyalty lies.  The good thing for those who appreciate freedom is that everyone will have a choice and both choices will have permanent consequences. ymmv

ps It will be a "good thing" if you are in the group who are not allowed to buy and sell.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:58:07 PM EDT
[#26]
You know, lunar eclipses, which is what these are, tend to happen at about six month intervals.  And solar and lunar eclipses happen together, about two weeks apart.  Gosh, Nature, who'd a'thunk it.  

Yes, there's going to be a nice total lunar eclipse early on the morning of October 8.  It will probably look really cool.  Don't wet your pants about it.

Wake Up to a Total Lunar Eclipse on October 8, 2014

By: The Editors of Sky Telescope | September 26, 2014

Start your day with an eclipse of the full Moon! On the morning of October 8, 2014, a total lunar eclipse will be visible across most of North America.

We’re approaching the second of four total lunar eclipses that come at half-year intervals in 2014 and 2015: a lunar-eclipse tetrad. All four can be seen from at least parts of North America.

The one before dawn on Wednesday, October 8th, will be visible from nearly all of the Americas. Moreover, the Moon, two days after perigee, will be 5% larger in diameter than it was during the first eclipse of the tetrad on April 14-15 earlier this year.

The map, diagram, and timetable below will tell what to expect at your location and when.If you’re in the central or western parts of the U.S. and Canada, you’ll see the total eclipse high in a dark sky well before sunrise. Easterners will find dawn brightening and the Moon sinking low in the west while the eclipse is in progress — offering particularly interesting photo opportunities. Viewers in Australia and eastern Asia get to view this event on the evening of October 8th.
View Quote

You can read the rest here:

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-news/observing-news/total-lunar-eclipse-09262014/
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Christians have been claiming to live in the "End of days" for 2,000 years.

Just a few of the hundreds of predictions:

1000 Jan 1
Pope Sylvester II
The Millennium Apocalypse at the end of the Christian Millennium. Various Christian clerics predicted the end of the world on this date, including Pope Sylvester II. Riots occurred in Europe and pilgrims headed east to Jerusalem.

Various Christians
Following the failure of the January 1, 1000 prediction, some theorists proposed that the end would occur 1000 years after Jesus' death, instead of his birth.

Pope Innocent III
Pope Innocent III (d. 1216) predicted that the world would end 666 years after the rise of Islam.

1524–1526
Thomas Müntzer
1525 would mark the beginning of the Millennium, according to this Anabaptist. His followers were killed by cannon fire in an uneven battle with government troops. He died under torture and was beheaded.

Fifth Monarchists
The presence of 666 in the date, the death of 100,000 Londoners to bubonic plague, and the Great Fire of London led to superstitious fears of the end of the world from some Christians.

Shakers Predicted the world would end in both 1792 and 1794.

International Bible Students Association
In 1918, Christendom would go down as a system to oblivion and be succeeded by revolutionary governments. God would "destroy the churches wholesale and the church members by the millions." Church members would "perish by the sword of war, revolution and anarchy." The dead would lie unburied. In 1920 all earthly governments would disappear, with worldwide anarchy prevailing.

And on and on ...

Anyone on here who claims "we are living in the end of days ... you can see the signs all around if you just know where to look" are idiots who will be mocked by their descendents.

Same shit, different millennium.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Fuckin a this>
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#29]
John Hagee has written and sold a lot of books.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Four blood moon is bull shit. You are educated evil. Nature's Harmonic Simultaneous 4-Day Rotating Time Cube is true existence.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Heres a tip. Don't dwell on the book of revelations.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#32]
If we had 4 Blood Moons in one month, then I might pay attention...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Great Link!

at the 3:37 mark he talks about the sky growing dark. This is common with severe volcanic activity. Volcanic activity is also commonly companied with earthquakes as well. Could this perhaps be a super volcano in combination with the blood moons?

In questioning the accuracy of such claims as far as how they aline to Jewish holidays, I mentioned the "close enough" psychological bias. Are the events just close enough to link them?

I had no idea that there were two tetrads unmentioned in the theory. These are not warnings for the happenings themselves, but warnings of the second coming of Jesus.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great Link!

The Sun, Moon, and Stars appear in the dreams of Joseph and he interprets them (Genesis 29). They are symbols for powerful people in Joseph's life (Dad, Mom, Brothers). King David relates himself to the Sun (2 Samuel 23:3) and Christ's appearance is described as like the sun (Revelation 1:16).

The interpretation to me has nothing with celestial events, Rather the Sun is a symbol for ruling authority. The moon is a symbol for the church. And stars are a symbol for powerful people.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Never heard of it, is it as awesome as a three wolf moon?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

bingo... people be crazy before now too, now we know about it
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Isn't that how Richard knows when the security at the Temple of the Winds has been breached?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ae/Three_Wolf_Moon.jpg
View Quote

No moon is as awesome as a three wolf moon.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Christians have been claiming to live in the "End of days" for 2,000 years.

Just a few of the hundreds of predictions:

1000 Jan 1
Pope Sylvester II
The Millennium Apocalypse at the end of the Christian Millennium. Various Christian clerics predicted the end of the world on this date, including Pope Sylvester II. Riots occurred in Europe and pilgrims headed east to Jerusalem.

Various Christians
Following the failure of the January 1, 1000 prediction, some theorists proposed that the end would occur 1000 years after Jesus' death, instead of his birth.

Pope Innocent III
Pope Innocent III (d. 1216) predicted that the world would end 666 years after the rise of Islam.

1524–1526
Thomas Müntzer
1525 would mark the beginning of the Millennium, according to this Anabaptist. His followers were killed by cannon fire in an uneven battle with government troops. He died under torture and was beheaded.

Fifth Monarchists
The presence of 666 in the date, the death of 100,000 Londoners to bubonic plague, and the Great Fire of London led to superstitious fears of the end of the world from some Christians.

Shakers Predicted the world would end in both 1792 and 1794.

International Bible Students Association
In 1918, Christendom would go down as a system to oblivion and be succeeded by revolutionary governments. God would "destroy the churches wholesale and the church members by the millions." Church members would "perish by the sword of war, revolution and anarchy." The dead would lie unburied. In 1920 all earthly governments would disappear, with worldwide anarchy prevailing.

And on and on ...

Anyone on here who claims "we are living in the end of days ... you can see the signs all around if you just know where to look" are idiots who will be mocked by their descendents.

Same shit, different millennium.
View Quote

No they havent, the Pope is not a Christian.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ae/Three_Wolf_Moon.jpg

bullshit

feast your eyes on THIS:

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#40]
If you look back in history on the Hebrew calender NOT the Gregorian calender we use...some pretty major things took place around blood moons. Christ was crucified, Jews were kicked out of Spain, Israel became a nation, 6 day war all on or with in days of a blood moon. Mark Biltz has got the real facts on the coming 4 blood moons.

Many do not believe it but the moon and stars are the one way God communicates with Israel and the world about major events. Everyone on the planet can see the moon and stars no matter what language you speak.

Oh and NASA has the blood moon dates for the last 5000 years on its website. Here. http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/phase/phasecat.html
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't buy into everything Hagee espouses on this, but I do think that these things are given by God as signs that something is up. They are not causes, but indicators, like the Star of Bethlehem.

Of course, if you aren't given to belief in God in a Judeo-Christian sense, then you aren't buying, anyway. Go in peace.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh boy, another fucking elitist atheist who just KNOWS that we are all stupid for believing in such nonsense.  Believe what you will, oh wise, pretentious one, but don't call people out for their beliefs.  Fucking libtard.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#43]
I didn't really read your post but I'll assume you are talkimg about Skyrim.  You'll need to get the Dawnguard DLC, complete the main quest to get Auriel's bow, then you'll need to get some bloodcursed arrows, which you get from asking Sereana to make by dipping bloodhallowed arrows into her blood. Then just aim at the sun and shoot causing it to turn into a bloodmoon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top