Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2014 11:25:00 AM EDT

Link

Two hours before Albuquerque Police Officer Keith Sandy shot and killed homeless camper James Boyd, he was recorded telling another officer that he would shoot Boyd in the penis with a shotgun.
Sandy responded to the scene on March 16th where Boyd refused to come down from a makeshift campsite in the foothills near Tramway and Copper.  At the scene, Sandy saw former colleague State Police Officer Chris Ware.  Sandy didn’t realize it, but Ware’s dash cam was rolling and picked up their conversation.

The relevant portion of the transcript, via KOB4 in Albuquerque (link above to story):

Sandy: What do they have you guys doing here?

Ware: I don't know. The guy asked for state police.

Sandy: Who asked?

Ware: I don't know.

Sandy: For this f***ing lunatic?  I'm going to shoot him in the penis with a shotgun here in a second.

Ware: You got uh less-lethal?

Sandy: I got...

Ware: The Taser shotgun?

Sandy: Yeah.

Ware: Oh, I thought you guys got rid of those?

Sandy: ROP's got one...here's what we're thinking, because I don't know what's going on, nobody has briefed me...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Stay the fuck out of Albuquerque
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Shotgun to the dick!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#3]
It would be a shame for him to get fucked for this.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#5]
meh...I live in ABQ..and it was a Taser shotgun...

ETA: damn it 15 seconds
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#6]
XREP=40 seconds of "Hnnnnngggggggg".

No thanks. That comment might be problematical for him.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Pre-op bravado.  No big deal.

Unfortunately for the officer this will cost him in civil court, at a minimum.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pre-op bravado.  No big deal.

Unfortunately for the officer this will cost him in civil court, at a minimum.

Sounds like.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#10]
If they had a taser shotgun, why did they shoot him with a rifle?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll guess it was one of the officers fired from another agency for not having ethics.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because they can.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

because of this.

Quoted:
Shotgun to the dick!

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Isn't this the one where they shot the homeless guy in the hills as he was complying with their commands and then shot him more with the less lethal shotgun after he was on the ground?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#15]
What kind of guy shoots another guy in the dick?  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What kind of guy shoots another guy in the dick?  
View Quote

A dick.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:16:04 PM EDT
[#18]

That should read "Another Pendejo Dead"
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#19]
One of the bad things about the discontinued XREP system is it needed a minimum distance to deploy it's "cholla" spikes and activate the battery to deliver an incapacitating charge. Otherwise it's an imperfect impact weapon with little effect.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh, who gives a shit? Focus on this stupid crap and then cut off what he said about approaching the guy, which might actually matter. Children.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Oh, who gives a shit? Focus on this stupid crap and then cut off what he said about approaching the guy, which might actually matter. Children.
View Quote

But it can speak to possible mindset and decision making at the time force was used.

In the original thread on this issue I spoke a bit about what I observed.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

But it can speak to possible mindset and decision making at the time force was used.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds more dismissive to me than anything. Oh, this lunatic? He's a frequent flyer, I ought to shoot him in the dick. If I heard that coming up on a scene the last thing I'd think was that the speaker was tuned up to shoot somebody. Civil jury would see it differently, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sounds more dismissive to me than anything. Oh, this lunatic? He's a frequent flyer, I ought to shoot him in the dick. If I heard that coming up on a scene the last thing I'd think was that the speaker was tuned up to shoot somebody. Civil jury would see it differently, I'm sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt. Just idle talk. Jury may look at it with a Gimlet eye.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
One of the bad things about the discontinued XREP system is it needed a minimum distance to deploy it's "cholla" spikes and activate the battery to deliver an incapacitating charge. Otherwise it's an imperfect impact weapon with little effect.
View Quote

Makes you feel good you're launching a 100$ shotgun slug though and all the time thinking this is so awesome only because civilians can't purchase it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Makes you feel good you're launching a 100$ shotgun slug though and all the time thinking this is so awesome only because civilians can't purchase it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'll guess it was one of the officers fired from another agency for not having ethics.
View Quote

If you are too much of a dick for the NMSP  no offense to the good guys I know personally your too much of a dick

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:00:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s325.photobucket.com/user/smlnbndt/media/Forum%20Posts/Reusable/police-troll_zps0936fce2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k397/smlnbndt/Forum%20Posts/Reusable/police-troll_zps0936fce2.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s325.photobucket.com/user/smlnbndt/media/Forum%20Posts/Reusable/police-troll_zps0936fce2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k397/smlnbndt/Forum%20Posts/Reusable/police-troll_zps0936fce2.jpg</a>

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top