BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#1]
No oil or tacks are required in the womans races

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:50:08 AM EDT
[#2]
In before people who havent seen their dick in years rejoice.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't have a beef with cyclists in general.

Just the certain individuals who blow through intersections or right two wide on the shoulder so I can't pass when I have a trailer on.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No oil or tacks are required in the womans races

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OggK0OgOTk

View Quote

Women Riders, No Survivors.

I just did a 40 mile ride for a local charity on Sunday and some people had stolen the course markers overnight.

People just suck.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't have a beef with cyclists in general.

Just the certain individuals who blow through intersections or right two wide on the shoulder so I can't pass when I have a trailer on.
View Quote

Welcome to Portland!!!

<-- I ride, but refuse to be a dick...I
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like those messing with the course are behaving like cyclists
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't hate cyclists. But if you can't go the speed limit get off the road.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:16:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sounds like those messing with the course are behaving like cyclists
View Quote

I was out of town, so I couldn't redirect the course this year.
There's no reason for traffic to be backed up at intersection, with cops stopping traffic for 20 minutes. None.
Rules of the road. They should stop and go in groups, and the old/fat stragglers shouldn't even count.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

roads are blocked for most cycling events . The race fees pay the fees for that to happen
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised they could climb the stairs out of the basement.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
I think you might be confused with the idea of a speed limit.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you might be confused as to the purpose of the road.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's for legal traffic, is it not?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep it amazes me the people that complain......
My wife was ran over by a guy in a pickup truck as he swerved to pull into a McDonalds parking lot. Luckily the bike sustained most of the damage and she only was on crutches for a 2 months.
The 300 pound guy told the cops, bicycles shouldn’t be allowed on this road cause some people only get  15 minutes for lunch-break and it’s where the restaurants are at.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know you're being cute, but paved roads were not laid down for cyclists. I've got no problem with cyclists that understand this.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Although some might be too lazy or fat to care, bicycles and roads came before the car.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I know you're being cute, but paved roads were not laid down for cyclists. I've got no problem with cyclists that understand this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cyclists and other slow vehicles annoy me as well, but I understand that they have the right to use the road as well.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

]Cyclists and other slow vehicles annoy me as well, but I understand that they have the right to use the road as well.  
View Quote

Right to use? Sure. Right to be purposely obstructive and general assholes? Not so much.  

I give the former the appropriate leeway, but I see far more of the latter around here.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I just did a 40 mile ride for a local charity on Sunday and some people had stolen the course markers overnight.

People just suck.

View Quote

Yep.  I put on a 100 mile ride a few weeks ago that raised almost $2000 for local youth groups and generated over $90,000 in local spending (hotels, etc.).  Some useless bastard stole over course markers meaning some folks who meant to do 38 miles ended up doing over 70.  

Please let me catch them in the act.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Comments say 30 flats to riders , Damn
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The law where I live clearly stipulates the use of bikes on the road as being legal traffic and the amount of space cars should give. With that said, bikes should not be riding against traffic, blowing stop signs, or red lights.

Just like there are dumb gun owners, there are dumb bike riders. Pair them up with people dressed in all black walking in the middle of a dark street at night.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Now that's uncalled for.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Right to use? Sure. Right to be purposely obstructive and general assholes? Not so much.  

I give the former the appropriate leeway, but I see far more of the latter around here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

]Cyclists and other slow vehicles annoy me as well, but I understand that they have the right to use the road as well.  

Your initial commend implied that you believed they should not be using the roads at all. As far as being assholes and obstructing traffic, we are in agreement. I do admit that sometimes they obstruct traffic and there's nothing they can do about it. In that case, I can't blame them. Although I'll probably still complain when I'm stuck behind them.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be a bummer during a race. I bet there was a big pack of pissed off, swearing, tire changing tri-geeks. What a jack-off to do that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#29]
The last time i had a brief confrontation with a driver who nearly backed into me i didn't notice he had backed out of a bar parking lot at 10:00 am.....  He missed me the second time too.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:52:43 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

roads are blocked for most cycling events . The race fees pay the fees for that to happen
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do the folks that were forced to find other routes to go about their business get that money?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Nah brah, the promoters forgot to put down the tacks and oil brah. Some broseph was helping them out. It's an Ironman race - you gotta be Xtreme enough brah. Aren't you Xtreme enough to ride with the tack and oil crowd brah?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:55:21 AM EDT
[#33]
I have several friends and acquaintances who did that race.  They weren't affected by the sabotage but they were very pissed at the shit-lickers that did it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#34]
While it might seem like I have a vendetta against cyclists, I don't.

I have a problem with cyclists that can't share the road that they demand cars share with them; the ones that don't obey the law, the ones that can't ride solidly within a 5' median (instead riding right on the line in an effort to make cars move over for them), riding side by side when conditions don't warrant that (narrow median, narrow lanes, etc), the ones that get pissed when you pass them giving them as much space as you safely/legally can, etc.

I wish that the cycling community would deal with these people because they are the ones inspiring the ire, and the community as a whole is paying for it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:02:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Just did a 112 mile bike ride with the GF yesterday, her first century ride!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
While it might seem like I have a vendetta against cyclists, I don't.

I have a problem with cyclists that can't share the road that they demand cars share with them; the ones that don't obey the law, the ones that can't ride solidly within a 5' median (instead riding right on the line in an effort to make cars move over for them), riding side by side when conditions don't warrant that (narrow median, narrow lanes, etc), the ones that get pissed when you pass them giving them as much space as you safely/legally can, etc.

I wish that the cycling community would deal with these people because they are the ones inspiring the ire, and the community as a whole is paying for it.
View Quote

There's no monolithic "cycling community," and there are probably just as many different points of view as there are in the "gun community."  Most cyclists encourage riders to show respect and yield to motorists when it's practical.  It's the political types that fuck it up for everyone, the ones that hate cars and love slowing down traffic.  There aren't many of those but they ruin things for everyone.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People who disagrees with MMcCall haven't seen how cyclists behave here in greater Seattle area.  Total self absorbed, "the universe revolves around me" d*cks and c*nts.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Anyone know where "Lance" was at the time??
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#39]
bicyclists are pretty much lane terrorists, the tumblr of the road users. the "check your privledge" and transgendereds of motorists. bunch of attention whores.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My wife was ran over by a guy in a pickup truck as he swerved to pull into a McDonalds parking lot. Luckily the bike sustained most of the damage and she only was on crutches for a 2 months.
The 300 pound guy told the cops, bicycles shouldn’t be allowed on this road cause some people only get  15 minutes for lunch-break and it’s where the restaurants are at.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perfect example, though...

I see what look like professional riders (with all the tight clothes and such) taking chances I just wouldn't.  You may have all the legal right to be there but how will that help you when your run off the road and injured or worse...

Seems like every other vehicle the driver has their eyes on a cell phone (yes, illegal) but again sooo dangerous.  So the driver maybe gets a ticket and charges and you get permanent injury or worse...

Yes, yes, yes.  Most drivers should pay more attention, I totally agree.  But the down side is very bleak.

Again see above.

Please spare me the, "You could get crushed by a falling piano if you leave your house...you should stay in your basement..." argument.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

That would be a bummer during a race. I bet there was a big pack of pissed off, swearing, tire changing tri-geeks. What a jack-off to do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd imagine most of those were bikers at the front of the pack and good chance a bulk of them were the pro racers. Fair bet it probably cost a few racers prize money or a qualifying spot for Kona.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:22:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Although some might be too lazy or fat to care, bicycles and roads came before the car.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, and rocks came before AR-15's. Do you still throw rocks at targets?

I also think that anyone that will get on the road with a bicycle and challenge a 4000 pound automobile (or 50,000 pound truck) has a death wish anyway. Many have gotten their wish already.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top