Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Unbelievable.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
O's need to remember the 2004 ALCS.

Bosox destroyed by the Yanks for 3 straight games, than couldn't lose after that. I have no idea what changed with those guys, and it will probably never again be replicated in our lifetimes, but there is always a chance!
View Quote

The O's would need to hit it out over Gordon and Cain for that to work out. I'm not saying it can't happen, but...

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:38:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
O's need to remember the 2004 ALCS.

Bosox destroyed by the Yanks for 3 straight games, than couldn't lose after that. I have no idea what changed with those guys, and it will probably never again be replicated in our lifetimes, but there is always a chance!
View Quote

"Don't let us win today, don't let us win this game..."
-Kevin Millar
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:47:53 AM EDT
[#4]
1 game to go between KC and the World Series with 2 more games at home, after 7 straight post season wins.  

Running game kept them off balance even without a stolen base, bullpen was lights out again.

Feels really good to be a lifelong Royals fan right now.  Anybody in the AL would gladly trade places.  

Keep on tippin' your caps boys.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:56:02 AM EDT
[#5]
ugh.... gut wrenching series... glad the o's have stayed in it as much as you can after losing three in a row... royals are on fire, catching every break and EVERYTHING is clicking for them at the right time... it's still 'go orioles' all day... even daddy pedro said, 'orioles have as much talent and are capable of doing what we did in 2004...'
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 1:20:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Since the addition of the Wild Card in 1994 four teams have swept the LCS; the 1995 Atlanta Braves, the 2006 Detroit Tigers, the 2007 Colorado Rockies and the 2012 Detroit Tigers. The 1995 Braves were the only team to win the World Series.

No team has ever won the World Series after sweeping the LDS and the LCS.

The Royals' longest winning streak this season was 10 games. That winning streak was followed by a 4 game losing streak.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:07:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey Buck...

Karma is indeed a bitch.

Trout MVP
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey Buck...

Karma is indeed a bitch.

Trout MVP
View Quote

I haven't seen a single news report or video relating to anything close to what you said. Everyone who works with Buck talks about how intelligent and professional he is. It sounds like he said he wouldn't pick Trout to be MVP and you're upset because he has a different opinion than you?

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#9]
And we're off!
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
1 game to go between KC and the World Series with 2 more games at home, after 7 straight post season wins.  

Running game kept them off balance even without a stolen base, bullpen was lights out again.

Feels really good to be a lifelong Royals fan right now.  Anybody in the AL would gladly trade places.  

Keep on tippin' your caps boys.  
View Quote

Good luck. I was hoping for a KC/St. Louis series, but KC/SF will do. As long as you beat those fucking Giants.  I hate SF.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#11]
C'mon, Holland.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#12]
KANSAS CITY IS GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#14]
YAY! My Tigers have been avenged!

Now I can forget about baseball.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Congratulations, Royals!!  

Now go forth and beat the fucking Giants.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#17]
KC appears to be the wild card team everyone hoped the Pirates were last year
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Come on Cards!! I want I-70 Part 2!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Royals are playing flawless baseball.  I'm loving their pitching staff, defense and the way they are manufacturing runs.  Long overdue for KC.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#20]
With the Orioles loss, 23pistol23 has won the bracket contest. Congratulations 23pistol23!

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
With the Orioles loss, 23pistol23 has won the bracket contest. Congratulations 23pistol23!

View Quote

Woohoo. Thanks man. I really want to see the Royals win now. They shouldn't have too much trouble with the Giants.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pandemonium in KC.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Bad break for KC.

They now have a 5 day layoff.

If the Giants win the next two games and take the series then they will only have a 3 day layoff. If the Cards win either or the next two games and the NLCS goes to 7 games then the NL Champion will only have a 2 day layoff.

That layoff is a killer. The last three teams to sweep the LCS have lost the World Series.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Congrats bro!
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Congrats bro!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats bro!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:36:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bad break for KC.

They now have a 5 day layoff.

If the Giants win the next two games and take the series then they will only have a 3 day layoff. If the Cards win either or the next two games and the NLCS goes to 7 games then the NL Champion will only have a 2 day layoff.

That layoff is a killer. The last three teams to sweep the LCS have lost the World Series.
View Quote

I dont think it will be a problem for the. Cain is batting like 2.000 or something. Pitching is knockout too. Defensive plays are
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:42:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Congrats 23!   !

And yeah, whether it's the Giants or Cards, just beat those fuckers.

As a Rangers fan I, umm.. have my reasons..
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:48:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Congrats 23!   !

And yeah, whether it's the Giants or Cards, just beat those fuckers.

As a Rangers fan I, umm.. have my reasons..
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Congratulations, Royals!!  

Now go forth and beat the fucking Giants.
View Quote

Worth repeating.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:15:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Whelp, GG Royals.

Good luck in the Series, but I'm done for this year.  I'm very proud of the Orioles and being in the top four teams is still pretty damn good.  Maybe next year.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:09:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

GO ROYALS!

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:23:26 AM EDT
[#32]
As a Royals fan there would be no better feeling then beating the Cardinals in the W.S. again. On the flip side, I can imagine nothing worse than losing to them. 85 has been huge bragging rights for KC over STL and I know a lot of Cards fans who are still pissed about Game 6 in 85.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:09:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I haven't seen a single news report or video relating to anything close to what you said. Everyone who works with Buck talks about how intelligent and professional he is. It sounds like he said he wouldn't pick Trout to be MVP and you're upset because he has a different opinion than you?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Buck...

Karma is indeed a bitch.

Trout MVP

No, I watched the pre-game interview before the first game live. He is welcome to his opinion, but he went beyond an opinion, sounded like an arrogant ass, and slammed Mike Trout for no reason. I can probably dig up the transcript.

I don't even care that much, but after the venom of that man on another player, from another team that was already out, and his arrogance in that interview I'll repeat. KARMA BUCK. Karma.  

Guess what Buck, you got swept too!!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No, I watched the pre-game interview before the first game live. He is welcome to his opinion, but he went beyond an opinion, sounded like an arrogant ass, and slammed Mike Trout for no reason. I can probably dig up the transcript.

I don't even care that much, but after the venom of that man on another player, from another team that was already out, and his arrogance in that interview I'll repeat. KARMA BUCK. Karma.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Buck...

Karma is indeed a bitch.

Trout MVP

1 for 15 with three walks.  Trout deserved to get slammed.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Just to note, if this game goes past midnight, the Giants will be playing at home on the 25th anniversary of the World Series Earthquake
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Giants win.

Hope the Royals stay undefeated.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:16:19 PM EDT
[#38]
I hate the Giants, but that was awesome!
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:16:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Buck...

Karma is indeed a bitch.

Trout MVP

I'm fine with those comments coming from the fans, media, pondits... Fat Albert and the new and not improved sober Hamilton were embarrassing to a fault. Trout sucked, CJ sucked better then a Dyson. Whatever. That being said:

The remarks had no business at a pre-game interview with a coach going into a series against the winning club of the previous series.. That would be like the Giants Manager Bruce Bochy  slamming on Nelson Cruz at a pre-game interview before the first game of the WS. It's the sort of snarky comment I usually hear from teen aged girls. It cheapened him, in my eyes. YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:18:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I hate the Giants, but that was awesome!
View Quote

The thought of weeping Doyer fans has me smiling, ear to ear!
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#41]

I would like to thank my son's team, the Pittsburgh Pirates, for releasing their opening day pitcher, Travis Ishikawa.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Is it Tuesday yet?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Got my prize in today. Thanks again M4A1.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:17:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/wRrrKbp.jpg
View Quote

Can't wait for tomorrow night!!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:39:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hope you don't have to re-gift the Pmag next week lol.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:27:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would suck.

Royals are going all the way. "That's what speed do."
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm thinking the clock strikes midnight for the royals tonight. Giants have been here 3 out of the last 5 years, no pressure.

Either way, going to be a great series.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#49]
There's no way I can describe the energy here in KC. My daily travels take me nowhere near the K, and a solid 90% of the people I've seen today are smiling and wearing blue.

The game hasn't started and my pulse is already rising.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Let's go Royals!
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top