Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wording is layed out in such a way as.

I'm the care taker.
I maintain it in doing so i'm granted the ability to hunt the land, its right there in the lease these people read and sign its in more words than that but ether way.

I was civil in dealing with the people that lease it. Unless they prove themselves to be assholes from the start.

I will still kill a bigger dear and get to the better spots first. Simply because i'm here YEAR AROUND and know it better than the flavor of the season renters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pissing armed strangers off in the woods.

What could go wrong?

Anyway, owner of the land with such crazy lease clauses sounds the root of all the asshattery.

Assuming that such a lease clause exits.  Probably a 50% chance that the owner said, "it's my land, I can give permission to hunt on it to anyone I want" in spite of the fact that he sold the hunting rights.

I'm the care taker.
I maintain it in doing so i'm granted the ability to hunt the land, its right there in the lease these people read and sign its in more words than that but ether way.

I was civil in dealing with the people that lease it. Unless they prove themselves to be assholes from the start.

I will still kill a bigger dear and get to the better spots first. Simply because i'm here YEAR AROUND and know it better than the flavor of the season renters.

Have you seen this lease agreement?  Why don't you post a copy of it here for us.  You can black out the names.

And btw, if you're killing "dear" you better keep it on the low down.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I'm the care taker.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Assuming that such a lease clause exits.  Probably a 50% chance that the owner said, "it's my land, I can give permission to hunt on it to anyone I want" in spite of the fact that he sold the hunting rights.

I'm the care taker.

The landowner provides hunting land as a product with a lease as the vehicle to obtain said product. You seem to be some sort of under the table employee that recieves hunting ability instead of monetary compensation. In other words he lets you keep some product to provide a better product. Instead you actively provide a bad customer experience and an inferior product. The owner may be your friend, but you are not his.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
First fucking post nailed it.

Also:  the hunting world equivalent of FSA line cracked me up too.

I'm so glad I'm a member of a camp that has 5 guys hunting 2500 acres of land that 3 of the members own.

No assholes are tolerated or I'd invite ya down for a weekend OP.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:44:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I hunt thousands of acres that belong to good friends.

I pray I would NEVER have the entitled attitude you have regarding hunting with  friends.

You seem to confuse being a guest with the title holder of the property.

You are the hunting world's version of the FSA.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would not gloat about that behavior, especially here.

What better place than one full of people that lease land.

He has to pay hes from out of state, i'm a friend of the land owner and have been fore a long time so i'm free.

I hunt thousands of acres that belong to good friends.

I pray I would NEVER have the entitled attitude you have regarding hunting with  friends.

You seem to confuse being a guest with the title holder of the property.

You are the hunting world's version of the FSA.

I never said i was an open ass hole.

I just make sure they know i killed more birds or shot a bigger deer than them.

They hate it when you didn't pay and do better than them, they think because they are paying for it they should GET THE BEST. this is leased hunting land, its not payed Texas deer shooting excursion where you pick out your deer ahead of time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:45:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
OP? You're an awesome bro, bro.

In recognition of this fact, I have carefully and lovingly crafted you a gen-yoo-eyne American Indian Hunting Cap, which is sure to bring you the best luck when worn hunting...

https://www.crafts-gifts.com/deer-antlers/deer-skull-caps-6.jpg
View Quote

Isn't there a genuine Indian buckskin jacket that goes with that?

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Have you seen this lease agreement?  Why don't you post a copy of it here for us.  You can black out the names.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What could go wrong?

Anyway, owner of the land with such crazy lease clauses sounds the root of all the asshattery.

I'm the care taker.

Attacking Gramerz errors now?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:46:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

They hate it when you didn't pay and do better than them, they think because they are paying for it they should GET THE BEST. this is leased hunting land, its not payed Texas deer shooting excursion where you pick out your deer ahead of time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are there any other "friends" that let you fuck up their business ventures or just one?

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:46:19 PM EDT
[#8]
So....someone is paying to lease the property, and you are hunting it? And you say that if he doesn't like it he should lease something else?

In Louisiana, I would have you arrested for trespassing. I caught a high schooler on my lease a few years ago. I was chill and explained that I paid $2,000 to hunt there and that he was not to return. He rutted up the road that I had just spend two days and $200 in diesel fixing.

Two weekends later, he is back. I called the game wardens. He was hunting without a license on a refuge at night with dogs for hogs out of season and without a refuge permit on a four wheeler (which isn't allowed). The funniest part is that he claimed to be my cousin (knew my last name, smaller town) to the fish cop. He was hunting with dogs RIGHT where I deer hunt.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:46:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In recognition of this fact, I have carefully and lovingly crafted you a gen-yoo-eyne American Indian Hunting Cap, which is sure to bring you the best luck when worn hunting...

Yes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

CARCOSA!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like you're compensating for something OP.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:49:26 PM EDT
[#12]
OP, dick move.

I agree with the others...people have been killed for less offenses...just remember your not the only one with a weapon in the woods.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh, and protip: Hope the landowner doesn't ever see this thread.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#14]
You're an annoying dude, OP.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:53:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

lol

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:53:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just Posted a CSB because i don't like people that think there money makes them better. The man in the story in the OP has money or so he thinks he also thinks hes king of the land, he is not.

He's the one that got attitude, hes the one that called the land owner and was a total tool about the encounter, i'm simply going to show him up in everything with out saying a word besides.

Hey guys look as this MASSIVE buck i killed this morning on opening day! Hope you guys have fun on your trip. Bye!
It drives them nuts and i enjoy it greatly.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:55:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Ruin it for all hunters while your at it. They'll be griping about how difficult it is to get a lease nowdays.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:55:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Some will most wont.

Before its over you will see who rents land and who doesn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol. I like it.

Some will most wont.

You rent land with your labor as you said before.

Is this a "I know a guy who owns land" thread?

Do YOU own land for hunting?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Well He kind of is king of the land since he is leasing it and was under the assumption he'd be the only one there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:55:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Just Posted a CSB because i don't like people that think there money makes them better. The man in the story in the OP has money or so he thinks he also thinks hes king of the land, he is not.

He's the one that got attitude, hes the one that called the land owner and was a total tool about the encounter, i'm simply going to show him up in everything with out saying a word besides.

Hey guys look as this MASSIVE buck i killed this morning on opening day! Hope you guys have fun on your trip. Bye!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow ...... I didn't know they made penises that small.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#21]
What a loser.

I find blinds and stands on my land every year. I take them or break them. Even caught some hicks trying to carry mine off one day, they claimed the field (full of soybeans) and woods near it came with their trailer's rent... my field!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:59:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I bet it wouldnt matter if the landowner hadnt given permission for Op.
He sounds like the " Ive always hunted here and no one is going to stop me" kind of guy anyways.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:01:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:04:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol. I like it.

Some will most wont.

Don't have to i practice the art of being friendly to the local farmers and asking for permission to hunt on the land. You know the way its been done around here fore the last 100 or more years. You know the american values.

I also share my kills with them if they want any and i don't fuck up there roads with my $78,000 bro truck.

Or leave around trash.

Or one of the other 1000 fucked up things leasers do.

Most land owners only tolerate leasers because they have huge pile of cash.

I remember when only poor people hunted, then it became popular now most people only have the public land to hunt on because of land leases.
Because the rich leasers think why attempt to get permission with my social skills when i can throw money at the problem.

The story of America on a micro scale.
Are values have been thrown out in favor of currency.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:05:42 AM EDT
[#25]
I find the whole story to be a load of shit. Your friend leases his land at a budget price just so you can have hunting privileges? Are all of your friends idiots?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:06:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Don't have to i practice the art of being friendly to the local farmers and asking for permission to hunt on the land. You know the way its been done around here fore the last 100 or more years. You know the american values.

I also share my kills with them if they want any and i don't fuck up there roads with my $78,000 bro truck.

Or leave around trash.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol. I like it.

Some will most wont.

Or leave around trash.

Yeah, those useless people and their .......... money.

Good thing you don't have any use for money OP.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:07:32 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Don't blame it on me my father was here and now i'm here, if you don't want to have us there they are more than welcome to NOT lease it and do lease some land that's 10 times more expensive border the state AND federal land or that's the same price does yet doesn't not border the state AND federal land..

Its his own fault for staring out with the tough guy THIS IS MY LAND! WHY YOU ON MY LAND! GET OFF MY LAND RAWR RAWR RAWR. All he had to do was act civil he chose not to.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I write leases airtight because of people like you.

Don't blame it on me my father was here and now i'm here, if you don't want to have us there they are more than welcome to NOT lease it and do lease some land that's 10 times more expensive border the state AND federal land or that's the same price does yet doesn't not border the state AND federal land..

Its his own fault for staring out with the tough guy THIS IS MY LAND! WHY YOU ON MY LAND! GET OFF MY LAND RAWR RAWR RAWR. All he had to do was act civil he chose not to.

Dude, you could be sympathetic to the fact that the due probably assumed you were some kind of trespassing jerk etc.

Even a simple sentence about how you also have hunting rights there for xyz reason.

Also, if he was that surprised to see you there then the landowner did a poor job of making an open and honest deal with the leasee, not really a safe thing to do, not to mention kinda dirty.

Try not to be such a snot.

Just for full disclosure, I do a LOT of hunting on my own property, on other's property, and we also lease some property etc.  There's a right and wrong way to handle this kind of stuff and it sounds like you missed.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:07:32 AM EDT
[#28]
I actually kinda wish there were a thousand OPs. People like him let me charge more for my lease.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yep, this wont go the way the OP planned.

View Quote

Because it shouldn't.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Getting really tired of the whole hunting lease thing myself.  Found a stand this weekend just of our property.  There is a small island of property that our direct family doesn't own, and looks like that little piece is being leased out.  I get that its a free market, and a free economy and land owners can do what they want with the land.  But a part of me sure wishes for my youth when "family land" meant "family" could hunt it and if it wasn't family land, you just called up and asked politely for permission to hunt it.

There are some folks that have hunted a property for years, helped maintain the woods and wildlife habitat, etc...that now are being outbid.  Money has always carried more weight than blood I guess.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:13:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Getting really tired of the whole hunting lease thing myself.  Found a stand this weekend just of our property.  There is a small island of property that our direct family doesn't own, and looks like that little piece is being leased out.  I get that its a free market, and a free economy and land owners can do what they want with the land.  But a part of me sure wishes for my youth when "family land" meant "family" could hunt it and if it wasn't family land, you just called up and asked politely for permission to hunt it.

There are some folks that have hunted a property for years, helped maintain the woods and wildlife habitat, etc...that now are being outbid.  Money has always carried more weight than blood I guess.
View Quote
Families grow over time and may change their moral values. If I let everyone that was "family" hunt our place I would have over 50 people falling over each other to tear up the roads and throw trash everywhere.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:13:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I used to guide these same useless people, for good money then one day i decided hunting was feeling like work and it wasn't fun any more, they are to much trouble and bitch and moan too much.
View Quote

You charged them and it felt like work?

Huh, strange...

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:17:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
wow, you kind of sound like a huge asshole
View Quote

Not to mention a freeloader with an entitlement attitude.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:17:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anyway. I'm not the leasing guy, i'm the asshole hunting on it.

Why can i do this and feel the need to post a CSB thread?

I met this years lease holder for the first time while i was doing some squirrel hunting on it the other day. The Leasing guy is very but hurt about it and was very much an ass.  If he would of been cool about it i would probably of shared some of my knowledge of the area. He was an ass tho so i have chosen to be childish and screw with him every chance i get.

Hopefully i can kill this years monster buck and completely rub it in.

As to how i'm allowed to do this, First off they fail to read the full lease agreement 99% of the time, the owner has reserved right to allow friends to hunt on it while leased this is one of the reasons its leased for such a cheap price.

As to anyone that thinks this will affect people leasing it the next year someone always leases it.  A fool and there money, well you know.

Any way CSB
http://forums.oce.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=12544&d=1409021033
View Quote

You should probably hunt less and maybe make some time for a GED class.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:18:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Don't feed the troll.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:18:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Dude, you could be sympathetic to the fact that the due probably assumed you were some kind of trespassing jerk etc.
Even a simple sentence about how you also have hunting rights there for xyz reason.
Also, if he was that surprised to see you there then the landowner did a poor job of making an open and honest deal with the , not really a safe thing to do, not to mention kinda dirty.

Just for full disclosure, I do a LOT of hunting on my own property, on other's property, and we also lease some property etc.  There's a right and wrong way to handle this kind of stuff and it sounds like you missed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, if he was that surprised to see you there then the landowner did a poor job of making an open and honest deal with the , not really a safe thing to do, not to mention kinda dirty.

The snots are the rich lessee's that come down and shit up the place, every year with full blow "I'm the king of the world i have MONEY!!" attitudes.
Much like the Saudis of the middle east they only like the USA because of are money, same can be said for people that lease out hunting land to these rich snots, because they are keeping up with the Joneses and are willing to pay STUPID money to go hunting.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:19:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Lease?  Get some land OP.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:20:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The snots are the rich lessee's that come down and shit up the place, every year with full blow "I'm the king of the world i have MONEY!!" attitudes.
Much like the Saudis of the middle east they only like the USA because of are money, same can be said for people that lease out hunting land to these rich snots, because they are keeping up with the Joneses and are willing to pay STUPID money to go hunting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sound like you'd rather be hunting on Wall Street
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:21:25 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're damned right. Mind your betters son.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:22:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Families grow over time and may change their moral values. If I let everyone that was "family" hunt our place I would have over 50 people falling over each other to tear up the roads and throw trash everywhere.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely no question at all....my own family has similar members.  I should have clarified that family can hunt family land means you still need to show respect, both by asking for permission, and by making sure you don't tear the place up.  The last two years I've hunted from a tree stand my uncle built in the 60's when he was a young man.  Sure, its been rebuilt and upgraded a bit, but a nice piece of family tradition.  One day I hope to get my kids up in the stand to keep that alive.  With the adjacent property going the lease route, that means less and less likelihood that we'll have the same quality of hunting as we've had in the past.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:25:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you just pissed cause the rich guy took your sister home from the bar before you got there?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:26:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyway. I'm not the leasing guy, i'm the asshole hunting on it.

Why can i do this and feel the need to post a CSB thread?

I met this years lease holder for the first time while i was doing some squirrel hunting on it the other day. The Leasing guy is very but hurt about it and was very much an ass.  If he would of been cool about it i would probably of shared some of my knowledge of the area. He was an ass tho so i have chosen to be childish and screw with him every chance i get.

Hopefully i can kill this years monster buck and completely rub it in.

As to how i'm allowed to do this, First off they fail to read the full lease agreement 99% of the time, the owner has reserved right to allow friends to hunt on it while leased this is one of the reasons its leased for such a cheap price.

As to anyone that thinks this will affect people leasing it the next year someone always leases it.  A fool and there money, well you know.

Any way CSB
http://forums.oce.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=12544&d=1409021033

What good is a GED? Work is for suckers!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:27:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm the care taker.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What could go wrong?

I'm the care taker.

That's a d bag move.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:28:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Good job OP!  You just trolled the hell out of a crapload of people in only two pages of posts!  You're a hell of a fisherman as well as a hunter.  Probably a Master Baiter with few equals.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:28:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pish i'm getting just want i wanted, i get to go hunting AND show up these rich fool's.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Its in the paper he signed. He signed it and payed the money he must be ok with it.

Really?

I set/maintain stands/blinds, i keep the trails clear.

I even make sure there's water during the duck season.

I keep the beavers away so the trees don't all die.

The land owner gets $600 a acre from the gov for letting it become wild life land AND gets money from morons that have to rent hunting land.

I get a good free place to hunt for my part time work.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe the leaser was not told about this up front .

Its in the paper he signed. He signed it and payed the money he must be ok with it.

Quoted:
the first question i would have asked was...... does anyone else have permission to hunt here besides me??  if the answer was yes, then id damn sure not lease it. why the hell would i spend my time, and money getting land, and probably improving it for animals with plots and such, for some other yahoo to wander around shooting my crop of animals?

Really?

The land owner gets $600 a acre from the gov for letting it become wild life land AND gets money from morons that have to rent hunting land.

600 an acre from the gov? Hmm wonder what that contract looks like?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:30:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Good job OP!  You just trolled the hell out of a crapload of people in only two pages of posts!  You're a hell of a fisherman as well as a hunter.  Probably a Master Baiter with few equals.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:32:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe the leaser was not told about this up front .

Quoted:
the first question i would have asked was...... does anyone else have permission to hunt here besides me??  if the answer was yes, then id damn sure not lease it. why the hell would i spend my time, and money getting land, and probably improving it for animals with plots and such, for some other yahoo to wander around shooting my crop of animals?

Really?

From what i can tell its free money for simply planting trees and not farming it. Its the government so who knows.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:38:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Does the OP work in a gun store?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:47:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Pish i'm getting just want i wanted, i get to go hunting AND show up these rich fool's.
View Quote

Yeah, those rich fools and all their ..... money.

Good thing you don't have to worry about having all that filthy money around, right OP?

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top