BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 187
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:08:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How long before someone lets President Obola know about this?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So, how long before curfews and travel restrictions?

How long before someone lets President Obola know about this?

meh.. Let him read about it in the news papers.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:09:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

The only thing I care about.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:13:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in Dallas and work in hospital emergency management (including infectious diseases e.g. Ebola). My work load just grew exponentially.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:15:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I live in Dallas and work in hospital emergency management (including infectious diseases e.g. Ebola). My work load just grew exponentially.
View Quote

Don't fuck this up.  No pressure though...  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:15:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

I've got to beat the road blocks out of Dallas.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:16:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:17:01 PM EDT
[#7]
What is this infected guys name? The media keeps saying to go to the hospital if you were in contact with the person, but how do you know when nobody even knows his fucking name or what he looks like?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My BIL is a paramedic with Dallas...in that AO.  On average, they run 10+ calls every 24 hours.  On a busy day they can run 18 calls.  That ambulance could easily have transported 20-30 people in 48 hours...especially if you consider family members riding along and such.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, they've isolated the EMS crew that transported this guy to the hospital. Sigh...
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/09/30/dallas-mayor-ems-crew-and-ambulance-used-in-ebola-case-isolated/

Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings confirmed an EMS crew and ambulance that was used to transport a patient now confirmed to have the Ebola virus in Dallas has been isolated. "We have quarantined both them and the unit itself to make sure that nothing was there that can be spread and we’re going about our protocol about how to do that,” said the mayor. "We’ve created an emergency center at Dallas City Hall that are going through those procedures right now. So we’re taking all precautions to make sure everybody’s safe. "...[more]

How many meat wagon customers since then?

My BIL is a paramedic with Dallas...in that AO.  On average, they run 10+ calls every 24 hours.  On a busy day they can run 18 calls.  That ambulance could easily have transported 20-30 people in 48 hours...especially if you consider family members riding along and such.

Wow.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:20:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But then I think about the job security and am like -->

Too bad this guy didn't come from across the Mexican border. I can just picture Obama's face.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:21:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Fuck yeah. At that point you would be considered a threat to national security.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, they've isolated the EMS crew that transported this guy to the hospital. Sigh...

Wow.  That sucks for those guys a lot.

What happens if you are one of those EMS guys and you tell the CDC guys to inspect their own assholes?

Can they FORCE you into quarantine?

Fuck yeah. At that point you would be considered a threat to national security.

That isn't anything new.

My dad once worked for the county health department and he could and did order it for non cooperative people with much less exotic stuff than ebola.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:21:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Too bad this guy didn't come from across the Mexican border. I can just picture Obama's face.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Max incubation time is 21 days. theres still plenty of time for more patient zeros.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:26:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What is this infected guys name? The media keeps saying to go to the hospital if you were in contact with the person, but how do you know when nobody even knows his fucking name or what he looks like?
View Quote

That's part of the game.  Fun, isn't it?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:29:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do we need a name? HIPAA & all...

Edit: I assume they are reaching out to known people that he was in contact with based off his interview.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

Johnny Bola
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:30:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't worry......

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

cue 4chan
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/09/30/dallas-mayor-ems-crew-and-ambulance-used-in-ebola-case-isolated/

Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings confirmed an EMS crew and ambulance that was used to transport a patient now confirmed to have the Ebola virus in Dallas has been isolated. "We have quarantined both them and the unit itself to make sure that nothing was there that can be spread and we’re going about our protocol about how to do that,” said the mayor. "We’ve created an emergency center at Dallas City Hall that are going through those procedures right now. So we’re taking all precautions to make sure everybody’s safe. "...[more]

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:40:44 PM EDT
[#18]
This guy was on an airliner to get back to the states.  How many planes was he on and how many people have since been on those planes?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:40:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

What happens if you are one of those EMS guys and you tell the CDC guys to inspect their own assholes?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, they can put you in jail, with no trial or even charging you with a crime, for as long as they want.  

This guy wasn't in jail for a crime but he got treated like a prisoner, wouldn't even let him have a tv.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:41:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can we get an ebola sub-forum for this guy?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:41:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

This guy was on an airliner to get back to the states.  How many planes was he on and how many people have since been on those planes?
View Quote
He probably was on the airliner when he didn't have any symptoms and thus wasn't infectious.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:42:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably wouldn't be able to pronounce it anyways.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:43:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yes, they can put you in jail, with no trial or even charging you with a crime, for as long as they want.  

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-04-11-tuberculosis-threat_N.htm

This guy wasn't in jail for a crime but he got treated like one, wouldn't even let him have a tv.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This guy wasn't in jail for a crime but he got treated like one, wouldn't even let him have a tv.

I keep seeing stories of people in Africa without symptoms of ebola but other ailments being sent to confinement facilities for evaluation

I honestly think that will happen here. You get the flu and its off to ebola camp
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This guy wasn't in jail for a crime but he got treated like a prisoner, wouldn't even let him have a tv.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:48:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

my comment was not about fairness. it is about the moronic panic some here want to promote.
View Quote

It is not moronic panic when the government really is hiding things from us.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:53:14 PM EDT
[#26]
How about this A's/Royal's game.....came back from a 7-4 deficit, and we're all tied up.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:55:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got a level C PAPR suit ready to go. Fuck that basic PPE (e.g N95 mask, gown, goggles, etc.) that the CDC recommends.

I just revised our hospital influx of infectious patients policy last month. Next up is the CDC checklist for hospitals. That document is a beating. Got a call from my county's public health office that they are sending me a big packet that I have to fill out, with a multidisciplinary group, by Friday
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:56:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

my comment was not about fairness. it is about the moronic panic some here want to promote.

Like what?  The guy is in the hospital under quarantine, the govt has announced that.  What more do you want?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:58:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2+2...

What if there was nobody exposed on a plane because he didn't come in on a plane.  Lying about how he got here might be easier for the administration than admitting that disease is pouring through the open fucking border and they are planting our "guests" in every state in the union.

If you ran into this guy (with no name, picture or info) or were on the same plane (no info on which plane) or in the same area (again, no info) or in contact with his family (who live here but no comment on citizenship, location, ID, etc) you may be in danger.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:58:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A Watch Forum is more important.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Like what?  The guy is in the hospital under quarantine, the govt has announced that.  What more do you want?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been working healthcare sine I graduated with my emergency management degree, and knowing hospitals, it would not surprise me if Ebola was already here before this case and being treated very quietly and discreetly. The CDC would oblige. Hospitals want to keep business up and the CDC doesn't want to incite panic. Wouldn't surprise me at all if this was just the first case of Ebola that the media found out about.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:02:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wouldn't surprise me at all if this was just the first case of Ebola that the media found out about.
View Quote

This is the exact conversation mrs and I had today.  Somebody slipped up.

I'm also waiting for the tragic car accident of the talking head from today's conference
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:03:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No worries.  He brought in the Obama flu.   Plus we just do not know about ebola from the southern border or the ISIS folks have not found a person to be the carrier yet.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:03:46 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I'm also waiting for the tragic car accident of the talking head from today's conference
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this was just the first case of Ebola that the media found out about.

Talking head - "Air we breathe..."

Diabolical leader - "...not for long, dickhead...not for you anyway"

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:05:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
He probably was on the airliner when he didn't have any symptoms and thus wasn't infectious.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably is not reassuring nor it is proven yet.   What nationality is the guy?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:05:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The emergency management community is a tight knit group here in DFW. This was NOT the first suspected case in Dallas like the media reported. In all cases, no media. They had no clue. Every hospital wants to avoid the media circus.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:06:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The emergency management community is a tight knit group here in DFW. This was NOT the first suspected case in Dallas like the media reported. In all cases, no media. They had no clue. Every hospital wants to avoid the media circus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the first confirmed though, right?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:06:31 AM EDT
[#38]
I recommend OP post the infected count in the title like the other thread that keeps counting up, however keep this count to USA and update as reports come out...  

I.E. "Breaking - confirmation of Ebola Virus in the US - 1 infected"

Where do you predict it will go?

I wanted to start that thread but there are already 87 ebola threads going right now
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:07:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you wouldn't tell Fox News about a zombie outbreak? We're screwed
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:07:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure he's a White Anglo Saxon Protestant from Liberia.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:07:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What nationality?  What airline did he fly on?  What flight number?  What other airports did he visit?

Where are all the illegal alien criminals who violated our border?  Were they screened for diseases.  Show me a map with their locations along with cases of enviro D68.

That is a start for you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:08:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not to mention the effect on the money generating activities of the hospital such as elective surgeries.it's all about the Benjamins.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. But I'm taking about what the media was reporting before it was confirmed. All the other cases I know about were scares that turned out negative, but CDC teams were deployed and very much a part of it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:09:35 AM EDT
[#44]
After first Ebola case, red flags emerge that U.S. unprepared for pandemic

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/30/after-first-ebola-case-fears-turn-us-pandemic-prep/

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:11:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yes. But I'm taking about what the media was reporting before it was confirmed. All the other cases I know about were scares that turned out negative, but CDC teams were deployed and very much a part of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense. Glad you guys are staying sharp.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:11:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I've been working healthcare sine I graduated with my emergency management degree, and knowing hospitals, it would not surprise me if Ebola was already here before this case and being treated very quietly and discreetly. The CDC would oblige. Hospitals want to keep business up and the CDC doesn't want to incite panic. Wouldn't surprise me at all if this was just the first case of Ebola that the media found out about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife works for Harris County, the health administration and hospital district people.  She told me yesterday that they had been sending 'prep kits' I guess you can call it to the clinics.  Mask, gloves, suit/gown, etc.  That it was part of an outbreak prep for county medical facilities.  Perhaps they know something we don't.

I thought that was kind of interesting given the news we've received today...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:13:24 AM EDT
[#47]
The next week or so will be very telling. We'll get to see who all, if anyone else, gets infected (if they go to the hospital). What about the person who doesn't believe in docs or vaccines and they get it? How many people does it take to catch this before people are afraid to leave their houses?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:14:50 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
What nationality?  What airline did he fly on?  What flight number?  What other airports did he visit?

Where are all the illegal alien criminals who violated our border?  Were they screened for diseases.  Show me a map with their locations along with cases of enviro D68.

That is a start for you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a start for you.

This guy arrived in the US on September 20, he wasn't contagious during the flight.  He didn't show symptoms until Sept 24, and went to the hospital on the 26th.  They sent him home and then re-admitted him on the 28th.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:16:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

My wife works for Harris County, the health administration and hospital district people.  She told me yesterday that they had been sending 'prep kits' I guess you can call it to the clinics.  Mask, gloves, suit/gown, etc.  That it was part of an outbreak prep for county medical facilities.  Perhaps they know something we don't.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dallas is a major air traffic hub. The risk of Ebola is highest in such cities.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:17:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Interesting fact. For those who recover, ebola stays in semen up to 3 weeks after they are cleared. They are told not to have sex or use condoms up to 3 weeks after they heal.

Page / 187
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top