Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, my cock is like 10 inches.  I know the girls like it when its a solid 13, but its wear and tear on my scro, so I just maintain a solid 10 - 10.5.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:09:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Needs more Broscience, bros.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Go to bodybuilding.com and search out a program that appeals to you. Choose something in the beginner range that focuses more on getting you in shape and less on becoming Jay Cutler...once you're in decent shape and acquire a good form you can start worrying about adding mass and becoming a beast if you want.

Make a commitment to yourself, follow the program, and keep yourself accountable instead of making excuses.

Oh, and don't get too sucked in by the site pushing supplements, they're definitely trying to make money. I just like their programs regardless as a good guide.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't even know where to start with lifting.  I need to get into it.

Cardio? no problem.  Lifting? no idea

Squat
Bench
Press
Deadlift

Easy!

Yeah but

How do you know how much weight to start with?
Good form?  What is it? how do I get it?

Pretty overwhelming to my noob-assed self

Go to bodybuilding.com and search out a program that appeals to you. Choose something in the beginner range that focuses more on getting you in shape and less on becoming Jay Cutler...once you're in decent shape and acquire a good form you can start worrying about adding mass and becoming a beast if you want.

Make a commitment to yourself, follow the program, and keep yourself accountable instead of making excuses.

Oh, and don't get too sucked in by the site pushing supplements, they're definitely trying to make money. I just like their programs regardless as a good guide.

BB.com? Seriously? This might not be the worst advice, but it's far from the best...or even marginal.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Damn I love it.  I've just recently gotten back into lifting weights after a solid 2.5 year hiatus.  I got into it hard when I deployed in '09 and started seeing serious progress until mid 2011 when I had knee surgery.. Started getting back into it, but then burst a couple discs in my back early 2012 and fell out of it again.

I forgot how freakin good it feels after a really hard workout.  I'm out of the mil now, so hopefully I can avoid injury again and get back to where I used to be.  

Cool story brah.

View Quote

You and I have the same story. Every time I deploy I turn into an obnoxious gym rat. Strict diet, gym everyday, sometimes twice a day, and I hang out in the fitness forum here.

THen I come home and continue to go to the gym for about a month, but then stuff happens. Like fishing, hunting, shooting, kids soccer practice, debate team.....life.

Not to mention my wife makes a kick ass carrot cake that I can't resist. So I end up throwing away everything I gained while deployed.

I'm in Kuwait now. I've lost 30 pounds in three months and I look and feel great. But I know what's going to happen when I get home. Fuck you carrot cake!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Weights are great! Lifting them up and putting them down repeaditly does great things for the mind and body.

Eat right, lift, train hard, run, sleep.

-or-

Be fat, lazy and make fun of people that are not.

It's pretty clear in GD who does what.

Fitness threads always bring out the jealous fat bodies.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Was just milking the last bit of Stronglifts 5X5 and getting ready to transition to either 5/3/1, or Madcow's.....then I broke my leg this weekend

It's crazy, but the part I'm most pissed about is not being able to squat or do deads for 6-8 weeks. Good bye sweet gainz
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fuck you carrot cake!
View Quote

With cream cheese frosting???

I like weights, though I use dumbbells and kettlebells.  I work out at home, and don't have anyone to spot for me.  For about two months I've been having pain and inflammation in my left bicep / elbow that's holding me up some.  It's hardly bothered me at all this week, so hopefully it's on the mend, I've been doing my best to let it rest and not irritate it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Weights are great! Lifting them up and putting them down repeaditly does great things for the mind and body.

Eat right, lift, train hard, run, sleep.

-or-

Be fat, lazy and make fun of people that are not.

It's pretty clear in GD who does what.

Fitness threads always bring out the jealous fat bodies.
View Quote

You missed the middle ones that are a tad overweight, not lazy, enjoys life, and are as strong as any gym rat.

Some people get paid to throw heavy shit around.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He's a Sikh.
View All Quotes

You mean he's got some Sikh abs
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#10]

LMFAO. Story of my life for the last few months.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah but

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't even know where to start with lifting.  I need to get into it.

Cardio? no problem.  Lifting? no idea

Squat
Bench
Press
Deadlift

Easy!

Yeah but

This is what trainers are for.  No, really.  Get someone knowledgeable and certified to work with you 4 or 6 times and you'll get the basics.  Make sure they help you set up 5 or 6 routines.  By the time you plateau from those routines, you'll know enough to start mixing things up on your own.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I like weights, though I use dumbbells and kettlebells.  I work out at home, and don't have anyone to spot for me.  For about two months I've been having pain and inflammation in my left bicep / elbow that's holding me up some.  It's hardly bothered me at all this week, so hopefully it's on the mend, I've been doing my best to let it rest and not irritate it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck you carrot cake!

My workout buddy has tendonitis in his right elbow (played tee ball though college baseball). He decided to sit out for two weeks, and said when he went back it was like someone stuck a butane torch under his elbow. He's been out 2.5mo now.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My workout buddy has tendonitis in his right elbow (played tee ball though college baseball). He decided to sit out for two weeks, and said when he went back it was like someone stuck a butane torch under his elbow. He's been out 2.5mo now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck you carrot cake!

I had a bad bout of it about 3.5 years ago, in my right wrist.  No treatment worked, not even a cortisone injection, so I had to have surgery.  It's a lot better now!

About two weeks ago I started some basic arm stuff again with my girlie little purple 5 lb weights...I hadn't used those in years.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Someone already mentioned checking out the videos from EliteFTS but I think it deserves repeating...the videos put out by Dave Tate on Bench, squat and DLs are pretty good and go into detail about setup/performing the lifts. Great place to start. I'd trust those videos over a typical trainer you find at the gym.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I honestly do get a "high" off of stepping in the weight room.

Its the best part of my day.
View Quote

+1

A good workout high is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Postworkout sex because you look so jacked will do it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I go 2 to 3 times a week and do Pilates 2 times a week as well when I can.  I don't always enjoy it but agree that I feel so much better afterward....looking good too is an added bonus.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:20:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I was going 4-5 times a week last year, this year I'm averaging 2 days a week.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I enjoy my runners high.

Yesterday I did 20 pushups (because I'm a weak bitch) straight into 3 pullups (because I'm a weak bitch) straight into an 8 minute mile. I came back high as shit.

Then I did it all over again
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top