BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does it matter?  How many Muslims are in Hot Springs, Arkansas?  How many of those have ever been to her business?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So how does she exclude them?  Anyone with a tan and dark hair is off limits?  
Does it matter?  How many Muslims are in Hot Springs, Arkansas?  How many of those have ever been to her business?

I grew up there. Still work there.   Not a lot of Muslims in those parts.    

I didn't know the range had changed hands, unless they've built a new range on blacksnake rd.,  which I doubt.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm sorry you were dealt that hand, but please understand where the caution is coming from.

I'm speaking as one of the most socially undesirable demographics in the country.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My thoughts exactly.  Local ranges here take your license.  One look at that and it is very clear that I have an Arab name and a first name that is very prevalent in Islam.  No, I'm not a Muslim, but proove that I'm not.

That said I am an all American, country loving, gun shooting, conservative, 'murican who was born and raised in the heartland!!

I'm sorry you were dealt that hand, but please understand where the caution is coming from.

I'm speaking as one of the most socially undesirable demographics in the country.

What, racism? Is that supposed to make people feel better?

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly.  Local ranges here take your license.  One look at that and it is very clear that I have an Arab name and a first name that is very prevalent in Islam.  No, I'm not a Muslim, but proove that I'm not.

That said I am an all American, country loving, gun shooting, conservative, 'murican who was born and raised in the heartland!!

What race are Muslims? Please educate me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Like videotaping cutting someone's head off?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a publicity stunt.  

Like videotaping cutting someone's head off?
To a lesser degree.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:52:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ask them. A real Muslim can't denounce allah, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask them. A real Muslim can't denounce allah, right?
If a terrorist is going to cause harm then the ends justify the means.  If they are devout and harmless, then they'll comply.  Same philosophy as the gun free zone.

If they are not religious then they won't give a shit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Caucasoid, negroid, and mongoloid.  I'm not sure about the austroloids.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

GTFO with that logic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's stupid.  There are thousands of Muslims that have been living peacefully in this country for decades.  

GTFO with that logic.

She brings up a good, logical point.

If the government says businesses are allowed to exclude people wearing guns because of a few individuals--crazies who don't represent the average--then I don't see the problem.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks.  I would stand beside you and fight for you to be judged by the content of your character, rather than by your name or color of your skin - but I don't wan to be tossed on the train with you.  

Probably best to just keep my head down.  Nice knowing you, man.  Going to miss your avatar.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:48:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly. If she asks anyone to leave, it's going to be because they're brown and their driver's license says mohammed, not because they pull out a goddamn prayer rug in the direction of mecca in the middle of the range

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:00:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I think she should make pig skin benches, chairs, door handles, toilet seats, etc.  Let them come shoot if they want. She should even have pigs running around  behind the firing line :) The next thing you know, the NFL will have to ban the pigskin, because it is racist.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:03:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rofl poor persecuted james...

Preach brother preach...

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:09:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:37:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Straight , white , conservative ,gun-owning , Christian male . . . . even MORE undesirabler  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

White male?  

Straight , white , conservative ,gun-owning , Christian male . . . . even MORE undesirabler  

Straight, white, conservative, gun-owning, Christian, veteran....you don't get more undesirable.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:40:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Aside from the demon cult of Islam what other cults are excluded?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:36:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's stupid.  There are thousands of Muslims that have been living peacefully in this country for decades.  
View Quote

You're an idiot if you believe this ? Tell them you're a Jew and coming to dinner and see how they act
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:47:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Doing it for attention.

She'll change her tune, but the change won't make the news tend will come before the lawsuits.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:53:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Derpy stunt that will backfire.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:00:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

There were thousands of Nazi's who probably didn't have anything against jews too, but they went along with what their leaders told them to do anyway.

ANd if you think that the majority of muslims, even American ones, are peace loving folks who celebrate diversity, you are sorely mistaken.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:23:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Penis inspection?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:50:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have to pass the "smell test".
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:57:21 AM EDT
[#21]
that's racist!!!! ummm... religionist???  anti muslimist???  discrimination...i'm sure that's the wording that will appear in the lawsuit..
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:25:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Belong to one and would you imagine that there is never any bullshit going on there (women have to be signed in by members as well so there's not really any girl drama either). It's not a place to go get laid but to have a beer or few and shoot the shit and be able to relax, it can't be beat.

Eta: missed the quote but this was in reference to the private bar mentioned on page 1 that only accepts non ghetto banger types.
View Quote

About a mile or so from me was a bar called the brickhouse, they had great food. Friday and Saturday nights, it was bad. They spent out the ass for bouncers, all kinds of signs about not wearing gang colors, but from talking with a couple of the girls that tended bar the owners encouraged that demographic to come, they just wanted them to not be violent

After the last double shooting in the parking lot, the county pulled their liquor license, the owners sold, and now its a video gambling den that attracts old people

Don't really go to bars anymore but when I did, I went to the private club places that you pay a dollar, fill out the application and as long as you were not a gangbanger got a membership card.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Even though I DESPISE radical Islam and ALL THEIR FUCKING ILK, I do not like what she is doing.

Call it the liberal in me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
.gov may have something to say about it....
View Quote

.gov has already said something.  The handbook published by the BATF for firearms dealers is very clear.  If you don't like a potential customer's actions, looks, or attitude, you simply don't have to sell to them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#25]
The 1964 Civil Rights Act took away the freedom of association from Americans.

Now you do not have the right to determine who you hire, fire, associate with, sell your house to or do business with.

The filthy ass government decided you didn't need that right or deserved that right and made the determination for you.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:00:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Having worked in the mid ninties with a Muslim clergyman that was a refuge here Bosnian War, whom we gave a home and setup with a new life here because he was order a death order in his homeland .I believe that without a doubt that if he was told to set off a Nuclear bomb in the center of Washington DC or he wouldn't be able to practice Islam/or that Allah said to that DC would be nuked  without a second thought
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

.gov has already said something.  The handbook published by the BATF for firearms dealers is very clear.  If you don't like a potential customer's actions, looks, or attitude, you simply don't have to sell to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.gov may have something to say about it....

yep.....
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

There were thousands of Nazi's who probably didn't have anything against jews too, but they went along with what their leaders told them to do anyway.

ANd if you think that the majority of muslims, even American ones, are peace loving folks who celebrate diversity, you are sorely mistaken.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:14:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

There were thousands of Nazi's German citizens who probably didn't have anything against jews too, but they went along with what their leaders told them to do anyway.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There were thousands of Nazi's German citizens who probably didn't have anything against jews too, but they went along with what their leaders told them to do anyway.

Not every German solder was a Nazi, but all Nazi's were bad, (Or radicalized)

The German citizens watched, and did nothing as their army killed millions of innocent people

Same for the Russians, Chinese, Koreans, Vietnamese, and now Muslims.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:15:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Her business and all. But yeah, not gonna turn out well for her I do not think...
View Quote

While she can't legally do it, the publicity that this has generated will probably be good for business in Arkansas.  I'm guessing that she knows exactly what she is doing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#32]
First they came for the Muslims...

Really, what if she said that only people who are pro-abortion would be allowed to shoot at her range?  After all there have been instances of violence and preaching of hate and violence by anti-abortion activists.

That said, I have to think about her religion vs theocracy argument.  There are some interesting points there to consider.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:38:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those are called sleeper cells.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:39:15 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

She should have said Only Infidels allowed instead of No Muslims allowed.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They do the same thing with their mosques.

No infidels allowed...
She should have said Only Infidels allowed instead of No Muslims allowed.  
So I come in her store with a pulled pork sandwich and I am good?  Acceptable.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Yeah, that's not going to buff out. Good catch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

HA! It's awesome, what dem judge is gonna rule for anyone to go shooting a gun.

Yeah, that's not going to buff out. Good catch.
OH MY... To beat her they might just nail their own coffin

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's how it should be, agreed. The reality though means she will be sued by the ACLU, CAIR, and a shit ton of others. I hope she knows a good lawyer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Her range.  Her rules.

That's how it should be, agreed. The reality though means she will be sued by the ACLU, CAIR, and a shit ton of others. I hope she knows a good lawyer

Won't it be great to watch all of the flaming liberals at the ACLU sue to make sure that folks can exercise their 2A rights?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Guess as long as she isnt making wedding cakes she will be ok.
View Quote

Wedding cake girl closed shop.  The lawsuits and protesters basically ran her out.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Even though I DESPISE radical Islam and ALL THEIR FUCKING ILK, I do not like what she is doing.

Call it the liberal in me.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
First they came for the Muslims...

Really, what if she said that only people who are pro-abortion would be allowed to shoot at her range?  After all there have been instances of violence and preaching of hate and violence by anti-abortion activists.

That said, I have to think about her religion vs theocracy argument.  There are some interesting points there to consider.
View Quote

Agreed. In fact, I had a Muslim professor make that point. He argued that Islam is not a religion, it is an ideology that directs all aspects of daily life from hygiene to politics. I don't think the national attitude is there yet, but give it some more time, and some more blood, and the Muslims will help push this nation into a very interesting position.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

While I think the feds will smash them I believe in the owner of the property gets to make the rules.
View Quote
That "privilege" was revoked in the feel-good 60's.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#41]

If a business banning guns is legal, then this should be as well.   Both are stupid, but either both should be legal, or neither should be.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
You don't Constitution much do you?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

As far as I can tell she isn't Congress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://bearingarms.com/oklahoma-beheading-isis-threats-arkansas-firing-range-become-first-exclude-muslims/

In an act that will no doubt result in lawsuits, The Gun Cave Indoor Shooting Range in Hot Springs, Arkansas, has declared itself a "Muslim free zone” due to concerns over domestic Islamic terrorism. The ban was announced yesterday by range owner Jan Morgan in an article posted to her web site where she cites ten points justifying her position.

That's a pretty stupid stunt. She's going to lose major in court of course. We have both the freedom of religion and a lot of lawyers in America.

You don't Constitution much do you?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

As far as I can tell she isn't Congress.

Fucking hell, people in this thread are lost.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

So she'll exclude Jews and vegetarians too?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Must eat bacon before they let you on the range.  

So she'll exclude Jews and vegetarians too?

I've never trusted vegetarians.  Treacherous, leafy bastards.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:11:25 AM EDT
[#44]
IBTL

and to make notice of what that place would smell like after a few weeks of pork-a-fliction

her place her rules and we'll see how this plays out

I am waiting for the Muslims to have restaurant menu's changed to no pork products allowed...hell they are hitting advertisements all ready, cant display a picture of bacon

ETA, subway stopped pork in UK

fuck the sky is starting to fall
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:12:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Interesting move - half of her reasons stated on her website actually make some sense.  Some.  It will be an amusing irony to watch a liberal left watchdog group sue to increase gun access.  It's actually kind of a brilliant chess move on Jan (Le Pen's) part...

Kind of sucks for the >50% of Muslims who don't follow the Quran passages about killing non-converts, and just want to engage in the shooting sports and are good folks.  It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.  My guess is if you show up looking and acting like a regular dude, there won't be any issues.

By the way, Holder's decided to get a new job, so I'm thinking he won't be getting involved.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:19:01 AM EDT
[#46]
While I truly believe this is her right, I also think it's pretty disgusting. I know a lot of Muslims who honorably serve this country. And I know a bunch of other Muslims who are incredibly patriotic. My dad was a Muslim, and he was a good man who constantly reminded me how great this country is.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

QFT
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Her range.  Her rules.

QFT

Lawsuit incoming.

Lol. Racist bitch. how do you 14th ammendment?

Let me hurry and put my no coloreds sign on my door.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Not reading every page.

My 2c:  How the fuck is she going to know who's a Muslim and who isn't, unless they're dressed traditionally or self-report...  is she going to ban everyone who's brown and speaks with an accent?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#49]
I foresee an unending cycle of harassment, intimidation, and militarized raids by the IRS, OSHA, EPA, BATF, FBI, EEOC, and other alphabet soup .gov acronyms.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

http://bearingarms.com/oklahoma-beheading-isis-threats-arkansas-firing-range-become-first-exclude-muslims/

In an act that will no doubt result in lawsuits, The Gun Cave Indoor Shooting Range in Hot Springs, Arkansas, has declared itself a “Muslim free zone” due to concerns over domestic Islamic terrorism. The ban was announced yesterday by range owner Jan Morgan in an article posted to her web site where she cites ten points justifying her position.
View Quote

View Quote

I support this rational decision.

Saint Peter
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top