Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you count house and senate, yes. How many Dems voted for it?

And you can't see a difference?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WOW! Look at all those Republicans that voted...

Yeah, they are all the same.

53 Republicans voted to give us the 1994 AWB.  Reagan Reagan signed the bill with the Hughes Amendment, Bush 39 bad mouthed the NRA and Bush 41 said he would sign an AWB and he sided with DC in Heller.  Oh yea, I forgot.  Richard Nixon put the "F" into ATF.

I can see that the AWB wouldn't have passed in 1994 without Republican support.

The Republicans may be 1000 times "better" than the Democrats but that isn't saying much because 1000 X 0 = 0.

I don't trust the Republicans any more than I do the Democrats.  For instance, in my state an overwhelming Republican legislature couldn't even pass an open carry bill because instead of the Republicans appreciating the concept of the right to keep and bear arms they sold out their vote to the filthy ass tourists and development lobbies.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Kaine is an Obama jizz guzzling pile of monkey shit. Hopefully one that may, possibly by the power of Gray skull, be defeated.
Make no mistake, the other Obama jizz guzzler Warner would have voted on the AWB if it wasn't known by that time to be going nowhere. However, he has his seat for life.

I am sickened to my stomach at how far Va has fallen in the last 10 years or so. Even more so by the complete stupidity of the Va GOP.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A big fuck you to Kaine.
View Quote

This, in spades, I won't forget when he does come up.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Will vote against Reed, pointless as that may be. He has a 20+ point margin in the polls without even bothering to campaign.

At least there's a chance of a Republican Governor after (va)Gina Raimondo  put her foot in it over abortion rights. Evil bitch.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Both of my senators voted for it.

May they both be voted out of office and fuck be upon them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

At DU-w/gunz.com democrats are completely blameless.

You think Nixon was the one that gave firearm enforcement to the the Alcohol Tax Unit? You're cute. Revising history to make the democrats look good isn't cute, but it's so cute to watch infiltrators at work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

53 Republicans voted to give us the 1994 AWB.  Reagan Reagan signed the bill with the Hughes Amendment, Bush 39 bad mouthed the NRA and Bush 41 said he would sign an AWB and he sided with DC in Heller.  Oh yea, I forgot.  Richard Nixon put the "F" into ATF.

You think Nixon was the one that gave firearm enforcement to the the Alcohol Tax Unit? You're cute. Revising history to make the democrats look good isn't cute, but it's so cute to watch infiltrators at work.

The ATF was mostly an IRS tobacco and alcohol tax collection agency until Nixon.

Nixon created the modern day ATF.  You know the ones I am talking about, don't you?  The jackbooted agency that assault Waco and almost put Cavalry Arms out of business.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#7]
In NY the republican controlled state senate passed the safe act. Of course the two dem senators voted to ban all semi autos.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Just a reminder, as well as this list of hardcore gun grabbers, there were 6 Senators who lacked the courage to vote YES to ban your guns; but were OK with banning magazines from the 19th century that go in those guns:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1671001_These_Senators_Voted_to_Ban_Standard_Capacity_Magazines_in_2013.html

Hint:  If their last name is "Udall", they are up for election in 2014 and you probably want to get rid of them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The ATF was mostly an IRS tobacco and alcohol tax collection agency until Nixon.

Nixon created the modern day ATF.  You know the ones I am talking about, don't you?  The jackbooted agency that assault Waco and almost put Cavalry Arms out of business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As usual, you doubled down on stupid. The ATU were chasing guns long before Nixon came along. They had already established a pattern of thuggery with guns long before '68. All nixon did was paint the walls and rearanged the plastic plants.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Kirk (R-IL)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kirk (R-IL)

If only there were members from Illinois to fix that problem.....

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, at least Warner wasn't on this list... F Tim Kayne.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Newsflash!  Nixon no longer in office.  There is exactly 1 Republican Senator who voted to ban guns in 2013.  There are 4 Republican Senators who voted for universal background checks in 2013.  The people in the original post of this thread are up for re-election in 2014.  We have solid, recent votes showing what we can expect from them on gun control bills when they are having intense pressure applied to them by Bloomberg, the media and the White House simultaneously.  Two Republicans did in fact, go wobbly on background checks (Toomey and Coburn).  Two more continued a long-held record of support for some level of gun control, and Mark Kirk continued to be a worthless piece of shit.

So what exactly is your point?  How does what the now-dead Republican President from 1972 did relate to what the Republican Senators did in 2013?  What conclusions can I legitimately draw from looking at the behavior of Republicans who are dead and no longer in office that I can't draw from looking at actual, recent gun votes made under intense pressure by live people who actually hold office?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Fucks.  Every single one of them.  This right here is a list of people honestly, deliberately and openly trying to dismantle the bill of rights.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#14]
no idea how Kirk is allowed to call himself a R still... He's such a shit bird douche bag
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Bump.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:57:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well, at least Warner wasn't on this list... F Tim Kayne.
View Quote

Make no mistake, if it hadn't already been known that the bill wasn't going to pass, that piece of shit would have happily voted for it.

Both Warner and Timmay are Obama jizz guzzlers, they will be Killary Klinton/Fauxahountas jizz guzzlers too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Bill Nelson is a big embarrassment to the State of Florida.  The guy is an idiot.  If it wasn't for outside Libtard PAC money (abortion, unions, environmental wacko, etc) the shithead would be toast.
View Quote
No, he has positioned himself perfectly.

He is Left as hell--get's the south and middle Florida vote

Senior citizen--helps for same area as above

BUT, and it is the but that makes all the difference, he is strong military--that gets him enough in the north Florida region that he can't be removed.

Fortunately, he is in his 70's (the old fool), so we can hope drops dead soon.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#18]
FUCK KAY HAGAN.....stupid bitch, I hope we can keep her out this go round.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Shaheen is a self-licking cunt.
View Quote
She gotta go.

Problem is the replacement is not much better.

Fucking masshole transplant lying sack of shit.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

While I still agree with this sentiment and wish you luck, I edited the original post*. She did NOT vote for this extreme piece of gun grabbery; but did vote for universal background checks in 2013.

*I used the same initial list to do each post because it was easier than color coding each list again; with the result that I forgot to add Reid to this list and the magazine ban vote and I apparently mistakenly included Hagan in this list.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#21]
We are working to get new blood in WV Hope to rid Manchin when he comes back around.  

Any WV voters reading this need to remember this shit at election time when the asshole comes back up.  He was known by the WVSP for his like of NFA goodies and ARs when he was governor.  Then led one of the biggest charges to have them taken from us when he got in to Obama's pocket.  

" />

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
One thing to keep in mind, if you vote for a Republican gun-grabber like Mark Kirk of Illinois and the Republicans get the majority, you get a Senate Judiciary Committee (the Committee that oversees nominations of Justices and Federal Judges and oversees gun legislation) composed of a majority+1 of NRA A-rated or better members.  

If you vote for a pro-gun Democrat like Max Baucus (retiring; but great record) and the Democrats get the majority, you get a Senate Judiciary Committee where the Chairman is one of the gun grabbers listed above and the remaining members are all NRA F-rated.  And the sad thing is having Leahy as the Chairman is a plus; because his replacement would be Chuck Schumer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The alternative is Scott Brown. I hesitate to suggest holding your nose and voting for him, though, since he is also a gun-grabber. He could only be an improvement on Shaheen, though. She is a complete Obama lackey.

One thing to keep in mind, if you vote for a Republican gun-grabber like Mark Kirk of Illinois and the Republicans get the majority, you get a Senate Judiciary Committee (the Committee that oversees nominations of Justices and Federal Judges and oversees gun legislation) composed of a majority+1 of NRA A-rated or better members.  

If you vote for a pro-gun Democrat like Max Baucus (retiring; but great record) and the Democrats get the majority, you get a Senate Judiciary Committee where the Chairman is one of the gun grabbers listed above and the remaining members are all NRA F-rated.  And the sad thing is having Leahy as the Chairman is a plus; because his replacement would be Chuck Schumer.

This guy gets it.  Look at the big picture.

Thank you.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
While I still agree with this sentiment and wish you luck, I edited the original post*. She did NOT vote for this extreme piece of gun grabbery; but did vote for universal background checks in 2013.

*I used the same initial list to do each post because it was easier than color coding each list again; with the result that I forgot to add Reid to this list and the magazine ban vote and I apparently mistakenly included Hagan in this list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

While I still will not vote for her, that makes me feel a little better. I was feeling pretty pissed when I saw her in the list earlier

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The Republicans may be 1000 times "better" than the Democrats but that isn't saying much because 1000 X 0 = 0.

I don't trust the Republicans any more than I do the Democrats.  For instance, in my state an overwhelming Republican legislature couldn't even pass an open carry bill because instead of the Republicans appreciating the concept of the right to keep and bear arms they sold out their vote to the filthy ass tourists and development lobbies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did the Republicans in your state push for UBC? How about gun bans and/or registration? Any other bills to take firearms from the law abiding citizens?

If the Democrats held all the power in your state post SAndy Hook, I can assure you THEY would have pushed for and/or passed the above type of bills.

Like someone else said above, look at the big picture here.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
While I still will not vote for her, that makes me feel a little better. I was feeling pretty pissed when I saw her in the list earlier  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hagan is an empty pantsuit.  My family will be voting against her.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Like I have to look. The sad thing is Gillibrand was mildly pro 2a until the Dems wanted her appointed to the Senate. Then Schumer and Carolyn McCarty had a "come to Jesus" talk with her about how ridiculous she was being and that she better get on board with gunbanning or she wasn't going anywhere with the Dems
View Quote

I've been calling her Schumer Jr.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like I have to look. The sad thing is Gillibrand was mildly pro 2a until the Dems wanted her appointed to the Senate. Then Schumer and Carolyn McCarty had a "come to Jesus" talk with her about how ridiculous she was being and that she better get on board with gunbanning or she wasn't going anywhere with the Dems

IIRC she had an A rating from the NRA before she was a senator........talk about catering to your upstate constituency. Then, she hit the bigger stage and overnight she pulls a complete 180.

Makes me fucking sick, and it makes me even more fucking sick that those who support her haven't seen what a lying piece of shit she is, doing whatever it takes for her to get a vote.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:59:58 PM EDT
[#29]
I must be Carnac.  FN MD Senators are in on it.  Big surprise there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Surprise, surprise...
View Quote

This and FPNI
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Feinstein --- like a bad rash that just keeps coming back.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#32]
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/foghorn/antonin-scalia-supreme-court-will-see-gun-control-cases-soon/

With Heller at 5 -4 this doesn't exactly instill much confidence n me that Scalia is "softening" one of the liberals. Liberal is going to liberal and I would really like to see the balance more along the lines of 6 - 3 in conservative SC justices.

Conservative Justice Antonin Scalia, decrying America’s demonization of guns, is predicting that the parade of new gun control laws, cheered on by President Obama, will hit the Supreme Court soon, possibly settling for ever the types of weapons that can be owned.

Scalia, whose legacy decision in the 2008 case of District of Columbia vs. Heller ended the ban on handguns in Washington, D.C., suggested that the Constitution allows limits on what Americans can own, but the only example he offered was a shoulder-launched rocket that would bring down jets.

And the wily judge suggested to an audience of Smithsonian Associates at George Washington University’s Lisner Auditorium Tuesday night that he is not just preparing for a new gun control challenge, but that he’s softening up one of his liberal colleague on guns.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Franken is in the lead in the polls so far
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Franken? Holy Shit.  

I'm surprised to read that.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#35]
FPNI
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Likelihood of this passing? - Honest question.
View Quote

Do you wait until it passes to do something?  -  Honest question.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A big fuck you to Kaine.

Neither will I.  Kaine is dead wrong on 99.9% of all things.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Lately, we have a lot of people who can remember past events; but seem a little foggier on more recent legislative history.  So I just wanted to post this here as a refresher.  After the Sandy Hook shooting, there was an INTENSE push for gun control.  How intense you ask?  So intense that NRA A+ rated member Pat Toomer and NRA A+ rated member Joe Manchin joined together with F-rated Charles Schumer and F-rated Mark Kirk to sponsor a gun control bill.  So intense that GA A+ rated Senator Tom Coburn sponsored his own universal background check bill that never got a vote.  So intense, that Alan Gottlieb of the Second Amendment Foundation came out in support of the Schumer-Toomey-Manchin gun control bill.  There was an intense media campaign targeted at Senators (funded by Bloomberg) and the Administration sent its people around to bribe and twist arms.  The Senators below are the ones who folded and sold you down the river.

Key: Blue = Democrats.  Red = Republicans. Black = Independents (who all caucus with Dems currently).  Bold = Senators up for reelection in 2014. Retired = Senator quit office and is not running for reelection.

New and Worse Feinstein Ban - this was not simply a renewal of the 1994 ban.  This was a California-style ban that would have allowed only one prohibited feature and that prohibited the transfer of semi-autos - meaning you could not transfer them, except to law enforcement, and on your death they would be confiscated. The people who voted YEA to this are straight out gun grabbers.

YEA (vote for gun control):
Baldwin (D-WI)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brown (D-OH)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)

Coons (D-DE)
Cowan (D-MA)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hirono (D-HI)
Kaine (D-VA)

Kirk (R-IL)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Lautenberg (D-NJ) - Retired
Leahy (D-VT) - CHAIRMAN OF THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE
Levin (D-MI) (Retired)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murphy (D-CT)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV) - SENATE MAJORITY LEADER
Rockefeller (D-WV) - Retired

Sanders (I-VT)
Schatz (D-HI)
Schumer (D-NY)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Warren (D-MA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wyden (D-OR)
View Quote

Thank you for the reminder.

Election Day, Nov 4th, is in five weeks.

Saint Peter
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We will be replacing one of our dickhead senators this fall with Mrs. Capito and hopefully the other one will be gone next time.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Two of the worst dumb broads represent the mass of fucking retards that reside in this State ...

...FDF

FBB

FalloftheliberalvotersinCAandtherestofthecountry

FBHO
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#41]
This should be tacked.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Dick(head) Durbin from IL.  No big surprise there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bill Nelson is a big embarrassment to the State of Florida.  The guy is an idiot.  If it wasn't for outside Libtard PAC money (abortion, unions, environmental wacko, etc) the shithead would be toast.
View Quote

FBN!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Franken (D-MN)

If Hitler ran on the DFL ticket, MN would put him in office.

case in point..

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I don't recall an election I have had less enthusiasm for than Shaheen vs. Brown.

What a shit sandwich with a side of fries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't recall an election I have had less enthusiasm for than Shaheen vs. Brown.

What a shit sandwich with a side of fries.

Amen.  I am forcing myself to vote for him but I'm not happy about it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The alternative is Scott Brown. I hesitate to suggest holding your nose and voting for him, though, since he is also a gun-grabber. He could only be an improvement on Shaheen, though. She is a complete Obama lackey.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll vote for him but only because he'll have at least some votes I'll agree with.  Shaheen is a complete 180 degree from me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:48:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thank you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

I'll vote for him and drag my wife with me.  At least I'm going into this eyes wide open about some disappointing votes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Thank you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

+1
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:11:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

IIRC she had an A rating from the NRA before she was a senator........talk about catering to your upstate constituency. Then, she hit the bigger stage and overnight she pulls a complete 180.

Makes me fucking sick, and it makes me even more fucking sick that those who support her haven't seen what a lying piece of shit she is, doing whatever it takes for her to get a vote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately when she sought re-election she won in almost every county in the entire state.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#50]
It still blows my mind that 40 U.S. Senators voted for California-style bans with prohibitions on transfer and confiscation.   If there weren't a bunch of Dem Senators up for reelection in red states, I bet that list would be even longer.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top