Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those of you who have read the comics... Is mullet in the comics and if so how long before he is exposed?

Yes, and on the show he is perfect, it's really weird how good he is compared to the comics.

I'm several issues behind but IIRC Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

his stock just went up.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:16:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This ^ is not a spoiler.

Everyone's infected.

Everyone.  

Everyone carries the infection.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

This ^ is not a spoiler.

Everyone's infected.

Everyone.  

Like, everyone, everyone?

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
if his name was Art they would have to hang him on a wall

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He really won't earn the name "Bob" until they eat all his appendages and then throw him in a lake
if his name was Art they would have to hang him on a wall

if it was Matt, they'd lay him on the floor
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

This ^ is not a spoiler.

Everyone's infected.

Everyone.  

everyone that dies comes back as a zombie, unless the brain is destroyed or injured.  shane was killed by rick, still came back as a walker.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:19:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
well, he is asian

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does Glenn shave every day?
well, he is asian

You mean Gene?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Because it has been talked about many many times in these threads, it is talked about on walking dead, heck, I think they even have commercials for it during the show.
View Quote

You must have missed the part about me DVR'ing all the episodes and watching without commercials.  As far as it being mentioned in this 29 30 page thread, I haven't read all of the page I posted on, much less the rest of the thread....

Look, its great that you love the series.  Its great that its based on a comic.  Its even great that there is this wonderful thread about the series.  I'm just not impressed with this season thus far, whether you agree with it or not.

Move along now, nothing to see here...

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Did anyone notice when  Gabriel looked at that pic with him and the white lady he got upset there was a women zombie in the water that looked just like the lady in the pic with  Gabriel ????
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:40:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Did anyone notice when  Gabriel looked at that pic with him and the white lady he got upset there was a women zombie in the water that looked just like the lady in the pic with  Gabriel ????
View Quote

He and Rick talked. He knew her.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:42:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Did anyone notice when Gabriel looked at that pic with him and the white lady he got upset there was a women zombie in the water that looked just like the lady in the pic with Gabriel ????
View Quote

Uhhh, i believe it was the same woman....

eta:  Jesus, people, was this not extensively discussed in the thread or mentioned in the comic??  

....sorry, couldn't resist the dig at the hall monitor of the thread... ;)
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

It was mentioned  on Talking Dead They called her Church Lady
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:43:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I think the people in the water where from  Gabriel's   church
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:25:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

eta:  Jesus, people, was this not extensively discussed in the thread or mentioned in the comic??  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Did anyone notice when Gabriel looked at that pic with him and the white lady he got upset there was a women zombie in the water that looked just like the lady in the pic with Gabriel ????

Not the hall monitor, but you are asking me to not make fun of you because you didn't know there would be sand at the beach.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:25:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
everyone that dies comes back as a zombie, unless the brain is destroyed or injured.  shane was killed by rick, still came back as a walker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

This ^ is not a spoiler.

Everyone's infected.

Everyone.  

I know. I was just hoping for the GIF

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:44:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

This ^ is not a spoiler.

Everyone's infected.

Everyone.  

ah, mea culpa
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:36:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Poor Bob
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:11:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
yes, just kill zombies for an hour every week, is that so hard

View Quote

The show would have ended after season 1 or maybe staggered through season 2 before being cancelled, like so many other shows that still get a fan following here
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

so what you and everyone else seems to be saying is that the smaller, poorly-led group with no comms and no MOUT training should have gone back to assault the more numerous, more cohesive, better coordinated, better armed defenders on their own home turf, which happens to be a very complex 3D MOUT environment that has already been set up to defend against intruders.

with no time to plan.

while also dealing with walkers who soak up ammo.

with a very limited ammo stock in the first place.

while carrying an infant.

then having to exfil through surrounding terrain that the defenders know intimately.

"terminus has had their shit together, and we don't.  it would be a great idea to attack them."

seriously?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agree, anyone with a brain would have gone back and cleaned up house.

Terminus had their shit together. Rick & Co.? Not so much.

so what you and everyone else seems to be saying is that the smaller, poorly-led group with no comms and no MOUT training should have gone back to assault the more numerous, more cohesive, better coordinated, better armed defenders on their own home turf, which happens to be a very complex 3D MOUT environment that has already been set up to defend against intruders.

with no time to plan.

then having to exfil through surrounding terrain that the defenders know intimately.

"terminus has had their shit together, and we don't.  it would be a great idea to attack them."

seriously?

FIFY
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

with no time to plan.

"terminus has their shit together, and we don't.  it would be a great idea to attack them."

seriously?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

with no time to plan.

"terminus has their shit together, and we don't.  it would be a great idea to attack them."

seriously?

Yes, would have been foolish to carry out Rick's plan of retaliation. Even though they had the initiative at that point it would have quickly turned-on them had they launched a second attack. They were definitely better off just making their escape as they did.   However, one point of correction at the time Rick suggesting attacking Terminus he didn't yet have the infant or even know she was alive.

If Rick figures out he's being followed, especially with the disappearance of three of his crew now, I think he'd be better off setting up an ambush for the Terminus folks.

Terminus seems to be acting as a pack of wolves picking off stragglers from the herd right now. They haven't attacked Rick's group directly, which tells me they don't have the strength. numbers,  or arms right now to feel confident that they could win.  They could use this pick off the straggler technique to draw the Terminus group into an ambush. An ambush that was properly prepared including having someone with distraction fireworks set to keep a herd of zombies from coming at them similar to the technique employed by Terminus.  So, hopefully they'll learn from the Terminus experience and improve their tactics.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The show is slowly losing me.  It seems like the writing is getting worse, and it seems like they are completely running out of ideas.  Not only that, but it now appears that the focus is to fabricate as much unecessary drama as possible, whether it seems plausible or not.  Not only do they have to contend with the undead, but now they have to fend off cannibals as well....all the while, trying to get a lowrent Kenny Powers to Washington to save the world?  

Maybe I'm being too critical, but the show is certainly not getting any better.
View Quote

It's not a training documentary to help you prepare it's a television show in the action/drama/horror genre.  It needs to have developed characters and that means motivation and doubts have to flushed out. It has to have developed "bad guys" who aren't black and white evil, but still very scary.  I think they're doing an excellent job at providing that character development and storyline.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The show would have ended after season 1 or maybe staggered through season 2 before being cancelled, like so many other shows that still get a fan following here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. I would have zero interest in a show that just kills zombies for an hour every week. That interests me not at all, and isn't even in keeping with the theme of the few zombie movies I've seen. They're about the living. Maybe the overarching theme is to help us overcome our fear of death, who knows.

The WD writers do a pretty decent (by and large ... I've had my criticisms too) job picking elements from the comics and creating poignant moments for the TV show. I'm up to issue 55 or something in the comic, they weren't perfect there either.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes, would have been foolish to carry out Rick's plan of retaliation. Even though they had the initiative at that point it would have quickly turned-on them had they launched a second attack. They were definitely better off just making their escape as they did.   However, one point of correction at the time Rick suggesting attacking Terminus he didn't yet have the infant or even know she was alive.

If Rick figures out he's being followed, especially with the disappearance of three of his crew now, I think he'd be better off setting up an ambush for the Terminus folks.

Terminus seems to be acting as a pack of wolves picking off stragglers from the herd right now. They haven't attacked Rick's group directly, which tells me they don't have the strength. numbers,  or arms right now to feel confident that they could win.  They could use this pick off the straggler technique to draw the Terminus group into an ambush. An ambush that was properly prepared including having someone with distraction fireworks set to keep a herd of zombies from coming at them similar to the technique employed by Terminus.  So, hopefully they'll learn from the Terminus experience and improve their tactics.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

with no time to plan.

seriously?

Face it they have no tactics or strategery. In one instance Rick says to kill the termites on sight and show no mercy and yet lets them survive to attack him another day.
They fucked up by not killing cabin fireworks boy and taking his radio, that would have put them inside their comm circuit. In the immediate aftermath of terminus the termites were down hard, licking their wounds and fighting off walkers; an absolute low point. Had he any balls or sense he would have taken his top five and went back in; left the baby with the sitter and went on a rampage. Failed to exploit the enemy's profound weakness and now they are on the defense again. They. Never. Learn.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#23]
^ Add: gee it is a great idea to jump into dark zombie soup and not see the bottom.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:58:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
^ Add: gee it is a great idea to jump into dark zombie soup and not see the bottom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I would have scrounged up a trash pump from the nearest FD and pumped it dry to the floor.
I bet theres one at every station with the tank at least partially full that past scroungers would have overlooked

Whats the rush to just jump in while there are active walkers sloshing around down there

Quoted:

ETA: Not that I expect that to have any significant bearing on the show, as the writers appear to have weak knowledge on religion in general and Christianity in particular. They had a crucifix in a Baptist church in Season 2.

I have to wonder if that's a production issue and not a writing issue
How many churches would want their church used for location shooting of a zombie series.
Maybe they called it Baptist because it's the South and Southern Baptist is just one of those clichés about the South in some peoples minds.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
It's not a training documentary to help you prepare  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not a training documentary to help you prepare  

the hell you say.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

....I had no idea the series was based on a comic.  Of course, I stopped reading comics when I was 9 years old, so that may explain my lack of knowledge on the subject. ;)

View Quote
I guess you may as well quit watching the show as it IS based on a comic, so yeah, you are watching a comic. It may not be Aquamans Key West adventures like you might have enjoyed at 9, but its still a comic. Hell the comic is 5x more graphic and brutal then the TV show.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I guess you may as well quit watching the show as it IS based on a comic, so yeah, you are watching a comic. It may not be Aquamans Key West adventures like you might have enjoyed at 9, but its still a comic. Hell the comic is 5x more graphic and brutal then the TV show.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
....I had no idea the series was based on a comic.  Of course, I stopped reading comics when I was 9 years old, so that may explain my lack of knowledge on the subject. ;)

Aquaman was gay too? FML!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:16:44 AM EDT
[#28]
If Bob wasn't bitten, maybe he stepped on a nail or got otherwise injured under the water.  I think everyone agrees we saw a limp, and it would be very poor of the writers to not have something in play there, either in line with or separate from the comic storyline.

Can one get tetanus from eating tetanus-tainted meat?  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those of you who have read the comics... Is mullet in the comics and if so how long before he is exposed?

Yes, and on the show he is perfect, it's really weird how good he is compared to the comics.

I'm several issues behind but IIRC Click To View Spoiler  

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If Bob wasn't bitten, maybe he stepped on a nail or got otherwise injured under the water.  I think everyone agrees we saw a limp, and it would be very poor of the writers to not have something in play there, either in line with or separate from the comic storyline.

View Quote

I just today got to the point in the comic where this happens.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Bob's going to escape, make his way back to the group and tell them that they're NOT going to DC.

Instead, they'll be shipping up to Boston.
View Quote

I see what you did there!

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's not a training documentary to help you prepare it's a television show in the action/drama/horror genre.  It needs to have developed characters and that means motivation and doubts have to flushed out. It has to have developed "bad guys" who aren't black and white evil, but still very scary.  I think they're doing an excellent job at providing that character development and storyline.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The show is slowly losing me.  It seems like the writing is getting worse, and it seems like they are completely running out of ideas.  Not only that, but it now appears that the focus is to fabricate as much unecessary drama as possible, whether it seems plausible or not.  Not only do they have to contend with the undead, but now they have to fend off cannibals as well....all the while, trying to get a lowrent Kenny Powers to Washington to save the world?  

Speak for yourself
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Speak for yourself
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speak for yourself

In that case, do NOTHING you've seen them do.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

You mean Gene?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does Glenn shave every day?
well, he is asian

You mean Gene?

Yeah, Gene is Chinese.  They don't need to shave very often.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speak for yourself

Except the Maggie part.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:42:47 PM EDT
[#37]
I didnt rewatch season 4 before starting season 5...  How was it that carol immediately knew ballcap guy was bad and that all terminus people were bad?
She shows up on the scene, shoots first and doesnt even ask the questions later.
Was this something Im forgetting from season 4?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I didnt rewatch season 4 before starting season 5...  How was it that carol immediately knew ballcap guy was bad and that all terminus people were bad?
She shows up on the scene, shoots first and doesnt even ask the questions later.
View Quote

He was talking on the radio and incriminated himself, did he not?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah--pretty hard to misinterpret that.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, said something about the kid and the girl with the sword...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Said he had dibs on the kids hat and the woman's sword.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You mean you're supposed to pay attention to the show, and not play on your phone or something?
View Quote

Oh man, are you one of "those people" VA-gunnut?

My wife does that and it drives me nuts.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. He said the kid with the hat and the girl with the sword.

He then went on to say that he claimed the hat once the boy was dead.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

You mean you're supposed to pay attention to the show, and not play on your phone or something?
View Quote
Poppycock!

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Oh no, I watch the show. I've just come to the conclusion that many of members that post in these threads, must be doing everything but watching the show.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh man, are you one of "those people" VA-gunnut?

My wife does that and it drives me nuts.

Oh no, I watch the show. I've just come to the conclusion that many of members that post in these threads, must be doing everything but watching the show.

Yup I think they only look up where there are zombies or gunshots

Some of the questions are from things that were obvious and plainly shown.

I can understand missing some subtle things but come on

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:24:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#50]
did the preacher have a denomination, that anyone saw.  Hes got something hes hiding, even the zombie scene on the rocks seemed set up to me, like he knew they would find him.
Page / 220
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top