BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:46:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

PTSD......For this shoot....no fucking way. Stop trying to make excuses. This cop simply tried to kill the driver.

PTSD should be taken seriously, but this was an assault attempted murder.

No cop hate, just BAD cop hate. This is happening way too much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No question it's a bad shoot. What's interesting is that he had been involved in a previous shooting that was clean (was actually taking rounds from the bad guy prior to the shoot). While I expect he'll be convicted, I'll be interested to see how possible PTSD works into this, and what charge he ends up with. THIS is why PTSD in cops is a serious (but generally ignored) issue... it can result in a very bad thing happening to an innocent man.

BTW, for all the basement-dwelling, mouth-breathing cop haters out there, no favoritism was shown in the case, nor was anything covered up. Rule of law in action.

PTSD......For this shoot....no fucking way. Stop trying to make excuses. This cop simply tried to kill the driver.

PTSD should be taken seriously, but this was an assault attempted murder.

No cop hate, just BAD cop hate. This is happening way too much.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:47:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Most people that are not cops don't know shit about police tactics or what cops look for.  The only people that I've seen behave perfectly on traffic stops are other cops.  Everyone else is digging in their pockets, center consoles and glove boxes, unless you tell them not to.  He asked for ID and the guy went for his ID.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No question it's a bad shoot. What's interesting is that he had been involved in a previous shooting that was clean (was actually taking rounds from the bad guy prior to the shoot). While I expect he'll be convicted, I'll be interested to see how possible PTSD works into this, and what charge he ends up with. THIS is why PTSD in cops is a serious (but generally ignored) issue... it can result in a very bad thing happening to an innocent man.

BTW, for all the basement-dwelling, mouth-breathing cop haters out there, no favoritism was shown in the case, nor was anything covered up. Rule of law in action.

Interesting information. You are correct that PTSD in police work is often ignored or overlooked.

Not that it in anyway justifies this shooting, but this is a clear example of why you should not do quick, furtive movements when in contact with officers. You might have a jumpy officer like this one. Tell the officer what your doing or reaching for/to so as to help avoid possible tragedy like this case or worse.

Seriously?! I am supposed to explain my actions as I perform them to satisfy a JBT who demanded my "papers please" while he was making an unwarranted SEAT BELT "violation" stop ON PRIVATE PROPERTY so I don't have to worry about getting shot?!?!

NO.  

Just speaking generally about LEO encounters. Again, I'm not justifying this officers actions, or even the stop itself. It should just be traffic stop 101 not to make sudden movements towards your waist, pockets or inside your vehicle. Justified or not, shot is shot and I'd prefer not to be shot at all.

Most people that are not cops don't know shit about police tactics or what cops look for.  The only people that I've seen behave perfectly on traffic stops are other cops.  Everyone else is digging in their pockets, center consoles and glove boxes, unless you tell them not to.  He asked for ID and the guy went for his ID.

Yup......Guy did what Trooper asked......Trooper starts shooting.......Trooper is fucked.

I hope the victim pulls through and gets his just due
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:48:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What a bullshit charge if that have been a person who wasn't a LEO the charge would be attempted murder and should be for the cop as well
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ex-S.C. trooper who shot unarmed man faces charges

COLUMBIA, S.C. — A former South Carolina state trooper who shot an unarmed man was charged Wednesday with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature.

Sean Groubert, 31, was booked at the Richland County Detention Center. He faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/24/ex-trooper-who-shot-unarmed-man-faces-charges/16178961/

What a bullshit charge if that have been a person who wasn't a LEO the charge would be attempted murder and should be for the cop as well

The charge seems consistent with how they would charge anyone else.  The bar for attempted murder is very high.  As a layman, I'll say most of these "attempted murder" situations only end up with assault and battery charges.

Think about how many times you've read a news article and said to yourself, "how in hell was that not attempted murder?"
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:48:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully the victim recovers fully and the former cop serves a lengthy sentence.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He intentionally shot (i.e., used deadly force) against another human being, without justification. Why hasn't he been charged with an attempted homicide crime of some sort?

Also, consider switching to decaf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes he does, and he's already been arrested on the charges apparently

He got arrested on some chickenshit, minor A&B charge. Would have been "attempted capital murder" if the roles were reversed.

take your foot out of your damn mouth...

its an aggravated battery charge that carrys up to 20 years....

fuck, know what the fuck your talking about before spouting off about other states laws...its a bad shoot and he's going to do some time over it
GD just doesn't know what to do, because the guy was in the wrong and the state has handled it....

He intentionally shot (i.e., used deadly force) against another human being, without justification. Why hasn't he been charged with an attempted homicide crime of some sort?

You know, it's possible to upgrade the charges after the investigation, right?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#7]
oh wait, let me pull this out of my ass.....hnnnnnggggg

SECTION 16-3-29. Attempted murder.

A person who, with intent to kill, attempts to kill another person with malice aforethought, either expressed or implied, commits the offense of attempted murder. A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony, and, upon conviction, must be imprisoned for not more than thirty years. A sentence imposed pursuant to this section may not be suspended nor may probation be granted.

SECTION 16-3-600 Assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature

(B)(1) A person commits the offense of assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature if the person unlawfully injures another person, and:
(a) great bodily injury to another person results; or
(b) the act is accomplished by means likely to produce death or great bodily injury.
(2) A person who violates this subsection is guilty of a felony, and, upon conviction, must be imprisoned for not more than twenty years.
(3) Assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature is a lesser-included offense of attempted murder, as defined in Section 16-3-29.

Thats why he was charged with ABHAN....

he was right to be fired and charged....but the hypocrisy in here is entertaining...."charge him with murder, charge him attempted murder" lol
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
what a dipshit

then keeps on about a seatbelt violation after he put a bullet in him.
View Quote

That's pure comedic gold, right there.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting information. You are correct that PTSD in police work is often ignored or overlooked.

Not that it in anyway justifies this shooting, but this is a clear example of why you should not do quick, furtive movements when in contact with officers. You might have a jumpy officer like this one. Tell the officer what your doing or reaching for/to so as to help avoid possible tragedy like this case or worse.

Seriously?! I am supposed to explain my actions as I perform them to satisfy a JBT who demanded my "papers please" while he was making an unwarranted SEAT BELT "violation" stop ON PRIVATE PROPERTY so I don't have to worry about getting shot?!?!

NO.  

Just speaking generally about LEO encounters. Again, I'm not justifying this officers actions, or even the stop itself. It should just be traffic stop 101 not to make sudden movements towards your waist, pockets or inside your vehicle. Justified or not, shot is shot and I'd prefer not to be shot at all.

Maybe they should just do us all a favor and prone out everyone first thing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:56:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Did you see that, you spit on my hand now wipe it off.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Cop should be charged with attempted murder.

You know if he accidentally shot the cop the charges would be for his head.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Holy crap   if you are scared of your own shadow, perhaps being an LEO isn't the best idea.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

A person who, with intent to kill, attempts to kill another person with malice aforethought, either expressed or implied, commits the offense of attempted murder. A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony, and, upon conviction, must be imprisoned for not more than thirty years. A sentence imposed pursuant to this section may not be suspended nor may probation be granted.

SECTION 16-3-600
Assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature

(B)(1) A person commits the offense of assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature if the person unlawfully injures another person, and:
(b) the act is accomplished by means likely to produce death or great bodily injury.
(2) A person who violates this subsection is guilty of a felony, and, upon conviction, must be imprisoned for not more than twenty years.
(3) Assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature is a lesser-included offense of attempted murder, as defined in Section 16-3-29.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

you obviously need to continue to practice law in virginia....and nowhere else....as you have no idea what south carolina's law's are....there was no plan to shoot the man,
the state charged him with the highest charge that will possibly stick....are you familiar with that, like actually trying to win cases?

and i don't drink coffee....i just get sick of reading your post stirring shit....the pit is down the road if you want get into any further philosophical discussion
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He got arrested on some chickenshit, minor A&B charge. Would have been "attempted capital murder" if the roles were reversed.

fuck, know what the fuck your talking about before spouting off about other states laws...its a bad shoot and he's going to do some time over it
GD just doesn't know what to do, because the guy was in the wrong and the state has handled it....

you obviously need to continue to practice law in virginia....and nowhere else....as you have no idea what south carolina's law's are....there was no plan to shoot the man,
the state charged him with the highest charge that will possibly stick....are you familiar with that, like actually trying to win cases?

and i don't drink coffee....i just get sick of reading your post stirring shit....the pit is down the road if you want get into any further philosophical discussion

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#15]
How can anyone shoot that poorly? He is in a public place rattling rounds near gas pumps and folks walking around.

He should lose job just for being a horrible shot. How the F do you miss like that 5 feet away.

Dude gets shot and apologizes.....amazing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:06:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Plenty of non-LEOs shoot people and do little time in the pen. Attempted murder can be served in under 10.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Max 20 years?  What will be the actual time served? 10? 5?  Be honest now.

You also skipped right past his point of how a non-JBT would be charged.  Do you disagree that is true?

Pathetic try at redirecting.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Plenty of non-LEOs shoot people and do little time in the pen. Attempted murder can be served in under 10.  

According to the latest data from the B.J.S. (2007,) the average length of time served for murder in the U.S. is 8.5 years (102 months.)  ETA:  I misread the data, the average time served for non-negligent manslaughter is 10.25 years (123 months.)
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Thank God for the internet.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

State  has not handled anything yet. We still have a court  defense to pay for.  

Thousands of cops walk every year from this point untouched from this point. It will be handled when he is safely in prison without parole, and never ever ever to hold a position of public responsibility again.

We will see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

State  has not handled anything yet. We still have a court  defense to pay for.  

Thousands of cops walk every year from this point untouched from this point. It will be handled when he is safely in prison without parole, and never ever ever to hold a position of public responsibility again.

We will see.

but when time is served your debt is paid right?

RIGHT?!!?!
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

So that would be an "equal standard." What about this "higher standard" I keep hearing about?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What is rule number 1..

Make sure you story is the only one?
lol

No really what  IS RULE #1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The officer was simply obeying rule #1 in law enforcement.

What is rule number 1..

Make sure you story is the only one?
lol

No really what  IS RULE #1

He was going to go home safe no matter what.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:25:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Lol at the JBT's here saying bad shoot, but PTSD and furtive movement.  It would be interesting to know how many times he has come close to doing this before incident.  So now that he is fired, will he have to pay for his own defense?

Comedy gold.  

View Quote

Nobody is justifying it........get over yourself
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hopefully the State Trooper gets prison time, and sued. Hope the good guy recovers from his wounds.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#24]
He protected and served the hell out of that guy.

reminds me of this.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's true. Let's pretend for a moment that the cop didn't pull that guy over and shoot him. Then the guy is driving along, gets in a wreck, no seatbelt so he's ejected from the car, and the car flips over and lands on him, crushing him like a bug and killing him instantly...

By getting pulled over and shot, he's still alive. He should send the cop a fruit basket as a way to say "Thank you for saving my life".
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#26]
There was a surprising absence of profanity from the poor guy who got shot.  

The guy was really polite through the whole thing.  Sure, there were some "oh, uhhgg, this hurts" theatrics as he was cuffed, sitting on the ground giving the officer Helen Keller instructions on how to find an ID in a search area the size of a wallet.  

To help calm the victim suspect, the officer needed to say:

"Ok, yes, you are bleeding.  But, the average human has 10 pints of blood, and at best, you've probably only lost 2 pints, ok, maybe 3 if we account for the amount that's spilled down that drain over there.  I can hear the ambulance coming; well, maybe that's your ambulance, or it could be an ambulance responding to some other call - hard to really say.  But, in theory, an ambulance will be here soon.  You may need a transfusion, but you're probably not going to die.

Now, I'm going to need some information to finish this seat belt citation.  Is blah blah blah still your current address?  

Driving without a seatbelt is very dangerous on many levels.  Thousands of people die unnecessarily each year because they didn't wear a seatbelt.  And, truth be told, you could be one of them - because you're starting to look a little pale."
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Had a female in my academy class that got washed out during field training.
She wanted to play street counselor and somehow "justify" that a POS's upbringing was the cause of their criminal behavior/actions.
Thus, the POS didn't need to go to jail.
She was also afraid of her own shadow.
After getting cut loose, she got picked up by a smaller, local PD.

During a traffic stop, she shot at the driver since he was "reaching for a weapon".
Needless to say, the dashcam video didn't justify her actions.
View Quote

Gotta love departments that hire cops fired from other departments. What could possibly go wrong?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

you want to argue time served? who fuck serves all their time? the man was charged, and the trial hasn't even started....im sure you can drive down to south carolina and find some rope on the way to out right hang the guy if you so desire.........and there are many cases of use of force against police officers that end up being plea bargained down....oh shit lets not forget about plea bargains now, where the fuck is extorris

i don't need to redirect a damn thing, you fuckers are just dumbfounded that a state actually police up its messed quickly...and the copblock types are grasping
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Max 20 years?  What will be the actual time served? 10? 5?  Be honest now.

You also skipped right past his point of how a non-JBT would be charged.  Do you disagree that is true?

Pathetic try at redirecting.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

you want to argue time served? who fuck serves all their time? the man was charged, and the trial hasn't even started....im sure you can drive down to south carolina and find some rope on the way to out right hang the guy if you so desire.........and there are many cases of use of force against police officers that end up being plea bargained down....oh shit lets not forget about plea bargains now, where the fuck is extorris

i don't need to redirect a damn thing, you fuckers are just dumbfounded that a state actually police up its messed quickly...and the copblock types are grasping

Pretty much sums it up
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's true. Let's pretend for a moment that the cop didn't pull that guy over and shoot him. Then the guy is driving along, gets in a wreck, no seatbelt so he's ejected from the car, and the car flips over and lands on him, crushing him like a bug and killing him instantly...

By getting pulled over and shot, he's still alive. He should send the cop a fruit basket as a way to say "Thank you for saving my life".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A very compelling closing argument for the civil trial.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:35:43 AM EDT
[#30]

It is spreading to police dash cams now.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

he was right to be fired and charged....but the hypocrisy in here is entertaining...."charge him with murder, charge him attempted murder" lol
View Quote

I never said "attempted murder." I said an attempt at some kind of homicide crime. I don't think the cop planned to kill this guy. Not at all.

If SC simply doesn't have a category for 2nd degree murder (which is intentional killing withoutmalice aforethought) then so be it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#32]
It's guys like this hothead that keep fueling racial tensions, there isn't a black person on the planet that won't see this as a racially motivated shooting. Way to be a trigger happy idiot officer G. And aggravated assault is the charge? Looks like attempted murder to me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Whatever new live fire action movie stuff the police academies have the guys practicing on might be a little overkill ... kid might be a prime example.

Take all the dog shootings ... that must be in a few of the scenarios ... and maybe not.  Maybe non-dag guys watch the K9 teams and think all dogs act as ferociously as police dogs, but that's off topic.

Either way, I bet a lawyer could use the officer's training that was pounded into him as his defense.  

Dunno.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Officer doesn't need to go to jail ...
... but damn, he could have accidently killed the nice kid and America doesn't need that right now, what with Obama at the UN or wherever, invoking Ferguson and all.

Yes he does Mark. Actions have consequences and the courts agree that "good faith" just doesn't fly in this case.

Whatever new live fire action movie stuff the police academies have the guys practicing on might be a little overkill ... kid might be a prime example.

Take all the dog shootings ... that must be in a few of the scenarios ... and maybe not.  Maybe non-dag guys watch the K9 teams and think all dogs act as ferociously as police dogs, but that's off topic.

Either way, I bet a lawyer could use the officer's training that was pounded into him as his defense.  

Dunno.

This is somewhat true.  He most likely wont see jail.  I have worked in corrections, investigations and criminal courts for 15 years and I can see where he could articulate what he thought was a threat.

Unfortunately those carrying a badge and gun are obligated to a certain extent to be behind the 8 ball in threat situations.  Action will always beat reaction and that's part of the job.  Don't like it, don't sign up.

He should lose his job no doubt, and possibly see some jail time just don't think the jail time will happen.  He will be sued out the ass though and be financially ruined most likely.  

I work in convicted felon's homes alone 90% of the time and unarmed.  Your head better be on the swivel or you get fucked up.  I have had some very close calls over the years.  I feel bad for the dude in some ways because he just used poor decisions from the jump and his life will never be the same nor will the guy he stopped.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There was a surprising absence of profanity from the poor guy who got shot.  

The guy was really polite through the whole thing.  Sure, there were some "oh, uhhgg, this hurts" theatrics as he was cuffed, sitting on the ground giving the officer Helen Keller instructions on how to find an ID in a search area the size of a wallet.  

To help calm the victim suspect, the officer needed to say:

"Ok, yes, you are bleeding.  But, the average human has 10 pints of blood, and at best, you've probably only lost 2 pints, ok, maybe 3 if we account for the amount that's spilled down that drain over there.  I can hear the ambulance coming; well, maybe that's your ambulance, or it could be an ambulance responding to some other call - hard to really say.  But, in theory, an ambulance will be here soon.  You may need a transfusion, but you're probably not going to die.

Now, I'm going to need some information to finish this seat belt citation.  Is blah blah blah still your current address?  

Driving without a seatbelt is very dangerous on many levels.  Thousands of people die unnecessarily each year because they didn't wear a seatbelt.  And, truth be told, you could be one of them - because you're starting to look a little pale."
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
How can anyone shoot that poorly? He is in a public place rattling rounds near gas pumps and folks walking around.

He should lose job just for being a horrible shot. How the F do you miss like that 5 feet away.

Dude gets shot and apologizes.....amazing.
View Quote

Yeah, that's gotta be worth a fortune in the civil trial.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Let's face it. The only reason that the officer has been charged is because of all the bad PR the police have received in the press lately. Any other time (or if the guy was white) he would have gotten a promotion.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Gotta love departments that hire cops fired from other departments. What could possibly go wrong?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had a female in my academy class that got washed out during field training.
She wanted to play street counselor and somehow "justify" that a POS's upbringing was the cause of their criminal behavior/actions.
Thus, the POS didn't need to go to jail.
She was also afraid of her own shadow.
After getting cut loose, she got picked up by a smaller, local PD.

During a traffic stop, she shot at the driver since he was "reaching for a weapon".
Needless to say, the dashcam video didn't justify her actions.

Sadly it happens all the time.....
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I never said "attempted murder." I said an attempt at some kind of homicide crime. I don't think the cop planned to kill this guy. Not at all.

If SC simply doesn't have a category for 2nd degree murder (which is intentional killing withoutmalice aforethought) then so be it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Let's face it. The only reason that the officer has been charged is because of all the bad PR the police have received in the press lately. Any other time (or if the guy was white) he would have gotten a promotion.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read carefully, champ. Nowhere did I say "charge him with murder" or "charge him with attempted murder." Words have meaning.

I said if the roles were reversed, the other guy would have been charged with attempted capital murder (for shooting a police officer). Because, you know, that's what actually happens most of the time when you intentionally shoot at a cop. Then I asked why he hasn't been charged with a homicide attempt of some sort. Homicide encompasses far more than just "murder."

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:48:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Read carefully, champ. Nowhere did I say "charge him with murder" or "charge him with attempted murder." Words have meaning.

I said if the roles were reversed, the other guy would have been charged with attempted capital murder (for shooting a police officer). Because, you know, that's what actually happens most of the time when you intentionally shoot at a cop. Then I asked why he hasn't been charged with a homicide attempt of some sort. Homicide encompasses far more than just "murder."
View Quote

Homicide generally involves the death of a person.  Who died as a result of this shooting?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Homicide generally involves the death of a person.  Who died as a result of this shooting?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know what an "attempt" means? And that when you attempt to commit a crime but it doesn't quite get to the finish line, that too can itself be a crime?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

good lord, your practice must be at the student court in some highschool isnt it.
you say words have meaning then twist away one what YOU SAID!
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

good lord, your practice must be at the student court in some highschool isnt it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry that English isn't your strong point. Please continue to advance your agenda with insults, it's very convincing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:50:54 AM EDT
[#45]
One of the most original ideas I've heard in a long time is that LEOs should be drafted, much like the military during the Nam era.

People who want to be LEOs shouldn't be LEOs.  

Normal people will have a higher success rate than "professionals". If this "professionalism", I want something else. We tried ad infinitum to fix LEOs. Things are never going to improve. The whole system is corrupt.  This is just more evidence.

Draft postal clerks and pizza delivery kids and librarians and IT people and lawyers and whoever.  I trust them more than I trust this. Especially from my own community. This professionalism and the career SWAT mentality is a separation.

Normal people on the street fear "professional" cops.  Precisely due to incidents like these:

This is where we are headed, rapidly:

The first day of the Second American Revolution

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Seems pretty obvious the officer thought the guy was reaching for a weapon in the vehicle, however, he did start shooting way before any potential lethal threat was observed.

View Quote

Pretty much THIS.  Officer WAY overreacted.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:52:41 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

SECTION 16-3-600

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SECTION 16-3-600

Sounds like a fit to me.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sounds like a fit to me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SECTION 16-3-600

Sounds like a fit to me.

Yes, I agree. Looks like they basically encompassed attempted 2nd degree murder into that section. The later subsection that says it's a lesser included offense of attempted murder is also a clue.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yes, I agree. Looks like they basically encompassed attempted 2nd degree murder into that section. The later subsection that says it's a lesser included offense of attempted murder is also a clue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SECTION 16-3-600

Sounds like a fit to me.

and you just wont quit
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Do you know what an "attempt" means? And that when you attempt to commit a crime but it doesn't quite get to the finish line, that too can itself be a crime?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which still involves intent and malice aforethought.

A person who, with intent to kill, attempts to kill another person with malice aforethought, either expressed or implied, commits the offense of attempted murder.

Or, you know, charge someone appropriately given the available evidence.  What an outlandish concept.
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top