Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/24/2014 12:30:52 PM EDT
Yeah: I know he's roided up and has been for decades.  As someone who spends a lot of time in the gym and a lot of time with much, much younger roid heads who STILL aren't this big and ripped, no matter WHAT drugs he's on, it's still nothing short of a genetic and hard work miracle he looks like this at 68.

http://robbyrobinson.blogspot.com/

Fucking insane.  He still deadlifts 550, too.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably a better subject title - Robby Robinson's heart still hasn't ripped at 68!
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#2]
And his testicles are the size of raisins.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:49:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Good for him.  That level of dedication and hard work gets my respect.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean chemicals, right?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah.  As a non-roid user (never have,) but I see a lot of guys who openly talk about, some I've even made friends with, and speaking as a person with 20 years of gym experience...

The amount of work he's put in to keep that body going for 40 years is nothing short of amazing if not OCD to some level.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clearly you know little of bodybuilding or working out.

You can take all the steroids in the world and not look anything like that.  You can take a shitload of steroids and even work out HARD and not look like that.  Every gym is filled with guys who openly talk about what "gear" they're using.

Yes, he is on steroids, but to look like that takes years and years of constant effort in working out and diet, and even then most guys will never look like that.  Steroids do not magically give you muscles, or every gym druggie on the planet would look like Mr. Olympia.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Is that a vajayjay under his right arm?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh, roids make a huge difference. I would be much more impressed if he was natural and ripped. He wouldn't be as big but that would take much more dedication and hard work.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rofl copter. Yes you take magic drugs and do nothing And get results like that /derp even with roids you have to do an insane amount of work to get to that level and maintain it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I work with a guy who is bigger and in his 60 ' s

He wakes up at 4am and lifts for a few hours before and after work daily.

No roids and he eats about a cow a week in meat.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You can take all the steroids in the world and not look anything like that.  You can take a shitload of steroids and even work out HARD and not look like that.  Every gym is filled with guys who openly talk about what "gear" they're using.

Yes, he is on steroids, but to look like that takes years and years of constant effort in working out and diet, and even then most guys will never look like that.  Steroids do not magically give you muscles, or every gym druggie on the planet would look like Mr. Olympia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beat me to it.  Steroids alone are not the panacea that non-lifters think they are.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know how some amateur/dedicated gym goers can afford to eat that much.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:00:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they do to an extent. There was a thread here ( and you can use google)  were a test was done on bodybuilders and "regular" guys that work out. Those who took roids DID put on more muscle mass with little effort. Yeah, if you want to be Mr. Olympia you still have to work out like a madman but don't think that roids don't give you muscles because they sure do.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes they do to an extent. There was a thread here ( and you can use google)  were a test was done on bodybuilders and "regular" guys that work out. Those who took roids DID put on more muscle mass with little effort. Yeah, if you want to be Mr. Olympia you still have to work out like a madman but don't think that roids don't give you muscles because they sure do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not going to argue this with you as I doubt you're into lifting that much.

I know precisely what steroids can do.  I see guys get on them for the first time frequently.  Yeah, it does give a boost.  No one is questioning that.  They however do not make you look like Robby Robinson does...at 68 years old, or even 28 years old.  That's the point.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Highly dubious a supposed natural 60's bodybuilder is bigger than that.  Sorry.  Natural 30 year old bodybuilders aren't really any bigger than him.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Highly dubious a supposed natural 60's bodybuilder is bigger than that.  Sorry.  Natural 30 year old bodybuilders aren't really any bigger than him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#17]
While his junk is probably smaller than my tiny white pecker, I applaud him for staying in shape.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL, you clearly indicated that both test groups worked out.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yeah: I know he's roided up and has been for decades.  As someone who spends a lot of time in the gym and a lot of time with much, much younger roid heads who STILL aren't this big and ripped, no matter WHAT drugs he's on, it's still nothing short of a genetic and hard work miracle he looks like this at 68.

http://i.imgur.com/1J5S2oD.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mkdRB5gYD-o/U8brg9-5akI/AAAAAAAAEuE/S3-DHfBgwT0/s1600/ROBBY_ROBINSON_2008_TRAINING_POSING_WORKOUT_LAT_SPREAD_HALF_SIDE_GOLDS_GYM_VENICE_2008_01.jpg
View Quote

Impressive physique and he offers some good insight into working out.  Great read!
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Impressive physique and he offers some good insight into working out.  Great read!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mkdRB5gYD-o/U8brg9-5akI/AAAAAAAAEuE/S3-DHfBgwT0/s1600/ROBBY_ROBINSON_2008_TRAINING_POSING_WORKOUT_LAT_SPREAD_HALF_SIDE_GOLDS_GYM_VENICE_2008_01.jpg

He has a good series of videos on Youtube, too.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=robby+robinson
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I know precisely what steroids can do.  I see guys get on them for the first time frequently.  Yeah, it does give a boost.  No one is questioning that.  They however do not make you look like Robby Robinson does...at 68 years old, or even 28 years old.  That's the point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've lifted for about 40 years now. I used to power lift competitively. I have seen and worked out with both natural lifters who compete in drug free events and those that use roids.

I have a couple of younger friends that use roids.  One lifted for YEARS with little results UNTIL he got on roids, then he got huge.

Notice I said "Yeah, if you want to be Mr. Olympia you still have to work out like a madman but don't think that roids don't give you muscles because they sure do."

At 68 years old, without roids, Robby Robinson wouldn't have the ability to work out enough nor would he have the testosterone to build and keep muscle like that….. no matter how  hard he tried.

You can pull anyone off the street, give them roids, and they WILL get bigger and grow more muscle mass. It's been done. NO, they won't ever be Mr. Olympia but roids ALONE will give them an increase.

Testosterone is what makes a man a man.  Increase Testosterone and you'll increase the ability of a man to grow muscle mass, lose fat, etc.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Obviously he was not subjected to the stress of being a world class celebrity and California governor.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Meh, roids make a huge difference. I would be much more impressed if he was natural and ripped. He wouldn't be as big but that would take much more dedication and hard work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you know he is not as dedicated and hard working at the natural lifters?

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Test will without a doubt raise your muscle mass even when not working out.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8637535

You need to put in a ton of effort and get those big insulin spikes after your work out if you want to look like this guy
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

You would know.... How did they taste?

He looks natural to me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying he is not.  I'm saying that at 68 years old, he could not possibly attain that muscle mass without roids….. that's all I'm saying. If he was ripped while being  NATURAL at 68, that would be a real feat.  

Men DO NOT produce the level of testosterone needed to have a body like that at 68.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol, funny but no.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm not saying he is not.  I'm saying that at 68 years old, he could not possibly attain that muscle mass without roids….. that's all I'm saying. If he was ripped while being  NATURAL at 68, that would be a real feat.  

Men DO NOT produce the level of testosterone needed to have a body like that at 68.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get that, you will need to supplement test at that age or any age most of the time to get that big. I thought you meant that you weren't impressed just because he juices. He still needs to be hitting the gym very hard to keep it up.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're basically agreeing with each other.  It seems like you're interjecting an argument into this thread no one was even stating in the first place.  Yeah, steroids make people bigger.  We know that.  I was just sort of making a broader point about how much work and dedication he's put in to look like that at 68, and the fact he clearly has great genetics for it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I get that, you will need to supplement test at that age or any age most of the time to get that big. I thought you meant that you weren't impressed just because he juices. He still needs to be hitting the gym very hard to keep it up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said " I would be much more impressed if he was natural and ripped. He wouldn't be as big but that would take much more dedication and hard work"

I'm not that impressed……roids are like fake tits…… I don't like them either.

Like I said, he would be smaller but if he was ripped ( low body fat ) and natural I would be much more impressed…… THAT would take much more work, dedication and diet control. THAT would be something to be impressed by.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll see if I can snap a picture without being gay about it.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a union framer.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm not that impressed……roids are like fake tits…… I don't like them either.

Like I said, he would be smaller but if he was ripped ( low body fat ) and natural I would be much more impressed…… THAT would take much more work, dedication and diet control. THAT would be something to be impressed by.
View Quote

While I'm not a steroid user or a fan of them either, nor do I want that body...

It IS impressive how he looks ON STEROIDS at his age.  If you have the perspective to see young guys on steroids who look NOWHERE as big or ripped as he is, it's damn well impressive.  It's great you're not impressed, and that's your right, by the fact is 99 percent of guys on roids, even 30 years younger, will never look like that.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow! The sport isn't the same without those guys.

Anyone remember plattz and his quads? I remember there were a couple mooslims too. One of them dropped dead on stage. That was the era of insulin usage for muscle growth.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he means dedication and hard work.

The roids make it possible, they do not grow muscle just because you took some.

You still have to go to the gym twice a day and eat right and take care of yourself.

Lots of roid monsters are big, but not cut, and taking roids and not working out will just make you swell up and retain body mass.

I had a friend years ago who latched onto a rich kid, who was doing roids and getting big. My friend decided he wanted to do that too, so he bought into the roids.

Trouble was, he didn't like going to the gym and working out, so all that happened was he swelled like a balloon.

No muscle.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You still have to work at it.  Steroids don't build muscle if you aren't tearing down the muscle.  Genetics plays a huge role in it too.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He looks natural to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He looks natural to me.

Why would I know? I also wouldn't know how they taste. I'm not in the practice of placing other men's testicles in my mouth. Are you?

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#40]
ITT: A bunch of people demonstrate how little they comprehend how significant the odds against you even having the genetic potential to look like that are, to say nothing of the work required to get there.

That guy's genes are one in several million.

Go ahead, try to visualize one million people.  It looks like this (slightly more than 1M from the 2009 inauguration):

Now multiply that by three or four.

Take one guy.  One.  Out of that huge crowd.

And now he also has to work his ass off for hours a day, and eat well.

The roids are such a miniscule portion of the whole formula.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You still have to go to the gym twice a day and eat right and take care of yourself.

Lots of roid monsters are big, but not cut, and taking roids and not working out will just make you swell up and retain body mass.

I had a friend years ago who latched onto a rich kid, who was doing roids and getting big. My friend decided he wanted to do that too, so he bought into the roids.

Trouble was, he didn't like going to the gym and working out, so all that happened was he swelled like a balloon.

No muscle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No muscle.

Yes, roids grow muscle….  testosterone grows muscle……..there is no doubt about that. Many body builders walk around " swelled up" ( bulking phase) most of the year and then drop body fat when they compete.

You get your six pack in the kitchen….. not in the gym. Being cut has much more to do with diet than anything else.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks for posting this OP.   I am glad that Robby is still alive and well.

I was a big bodybuilding fan back in the 70's.  I remember Robby and all of them from that time.

I could never lift heavy because I was a career air force officer and they had severe body weight standards and expected you to look like a model in your uniform so I mostly did cardio and ab work and tried to maintain a low bodyweight.  

Robby damn sure turned out better than guys like Andreas Munzer, Ray and MIke Menzer and some others who passed away far too early in their lives.

And in the past few years, we have lost Larry Scott and the incomparable Sergio Oliva - although both lived a relatively full life.  

That HGH belly bloat that we see these days on the leading bodybuilders is a sad thing to see.  I am glad to see that Robby has avoided that.

Robby was a SERIOUS contender for Mr. Olympia for several years as I remember.

Ah, those were the days.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#43]

A-fucking-men...

This is how it SHOULD be. Would you rather look like that? Or like your average Joe Schumck heading for their declining years?

Better living through chemicals and a shit-ton of really hard work.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Amazing that some people can thrive forever on the juice and guys like Mike Jenkins die so young.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Honestly, if he made it to 68, he probably isn't doing roids.

Maybe. Right now...

My only frame of reference is all of the pro wrestlers that die in their 40's. Of course, those may admittedly be "roids and..." cases, so the jury is still out on whether Rob^2 does them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

My only frame of reference is all of the pro wrestlers that die in their 40's. Of course, those may admittedly be "roids and..." cases, so the jury is still out on whether Rob^2 does them.
View Quote
From what I've seen of the studies, it's mostly the "...and..." that gets you. The extremes some of those guys went to, not just pre-contest, but in their party lives, would be enough to kill almost anyone.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
From what I've seen of the studies, it's mostly the "...and..." that gets you. The extremes some of those guys went to, not just pre-contest, but in their party lives, would be enough to kill almost anyone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The three main killers in no particular order seem to be OD's, heart attacks, or "an hero" from clinical depression.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Juice, don't juice, who gives a shit. In a hundred years he's going to be worm food, just like the rest of us.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, you really got the roiders goat.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Is that a vajayjay under his right arm?
View Quote

I scrolled back to look and rost
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top