Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
In!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:12:46 PM EDT
[#2]
, what have we come to!!!!

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
So there is a man with a gun in a military base.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:13:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I was once a man with a gun on Ft. Carson. Amazing that they don't like that anymore... It was once part of the job.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:19:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was once a man with a gun on Ft. Carson. Amazing that they don't like that anymore... It was once part of the job.
View Quote

I know right lol

I betting hubby came home from the field early
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:25:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I know right lol

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know right lol

... and found it freshly plowed...
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:28:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess they're GFZ's now. I thought the anti's said the cops and military could be trusted with guns because they're all so highly trained.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I guess they're GFZ's now. I thought the anti's said the cops and military could be trusted with guns because they're all so highly trained.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not mil, so please excuse me when I say WTF!!!!??
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:41:50 PM EDT
[#9]
FB friend of mine is stuck in the base. Says they're not letting one off and they're "clearing" Gate 1.

He said he heard loud bangs but can't confirm that they're gunshots.

ETA: Someone was confirmed dead on his scanner.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:43:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Fox just said they're on "lockdown".
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:45:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Workplace violence?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:46:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gun free zone.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:51:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh crap now the military has guns
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:53:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Oh crap now the military has guns
View Quote

Militarization of the military has got to stop
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Dependas on facebook seem angry they can't get on post
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:11:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hmm. Don't see the problem.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are an officers wife!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:27:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh sh*t.  They have scary NFA stuff that isn't even registered with the ATF.  Oh the children.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:29:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Trying to get in touch with a couple of my old soldiers.  Nothing yet.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:31:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Gun free zone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gun free zone.

Ok so just one more time to make sure I am not losing my shit and in need of meds.  A military base, in the USA.  The country in which I am a citizen is a gun free zone.  The occupants of said military base whose sole purpose is to ensure that continued life, liberty and freedom of the citizens of said country, including me, are protected from those who would wish to take that away....are not allowed, by said same country, to posses firearms in said base?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:39:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Kinda ya!

Weird isn't it?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:50:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Stay safe Carson people.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:51:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL that's the military we live in.  Pathetic right?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Kinda ya!

Weird isn't it?
View Quote

Define kinda, if you tell me that those men and women are not allowed to sleep with a pistol and/or rifle next to them while they rest in their cot/bunk but I am allowed to as a civilian while I sleep in my bed to get up in the morning to go to my office job, I am going to lose my shit.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:04:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Define kinda, if you tell me that those men and women are not allowed to sleep with a pistol and/or rifle next to them while they rest in their cot/bunk but I am allowed to as a civilian while I sleep in my bed to get up in the morning to go to my office job, I am going to lose my shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kinda ya!

Weird isn't it?

Kinda ya.....as in sarcasm!

I guess your sarcasm meter is broken or overloaded! Either way, I am sad that the folks that defend us are NOT armed!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:06:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I guess your sarcasm meter is broken or overloaded! Either way, I am sad that the folks that defend us are NOT armed!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kinda ya!

Weird isn't it?

It sounds like this is not news, sorry for being very specific in my question but this is news to me.  Like I said I am not military (sadly).  That is fucking atrocious and unconstitutional if there ever was a definition. Edit: This country is fucked.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:09:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It sounds like this is not news, sorry for being very specific in my question but this is news to me.  Like I said I am no military.  That is fucking atrocious and unconstitutional if there ever was a definition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kinda ya!

Weird isn't it?

It sounds like this is not news, sorry for being very specific in my question but this is news to me.  Like I said I am no military.  That is fucking atrocious and unconstitutional if there ever was a definition.

I agree! But this is the US we live in, I think more should be armed.....but what I think means nothing!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:19:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ok so just one more time to make sure I am not losing my shit and in need of meds.  A military base, in the USA.  The country in which I am a citizen is a gun free zone.  The occupants of said military base whose sole purpose is to ensure that continued life, liberty and freedom of the citizens of said country, including me, are protected from those who would wish to take that away....are not allowed, by said same country, to posses firearms in said base?
View Quote

For the most part, yes.  No concealed carry unless approved by base CC (there is an actual military form for it) and you don't just get one by applying.  Think  OSI, CID, NCIS, etc.  If you aren't that, you're essentially SOL.  Civilian CCW licenses do not suffice for lawful carry on a military installation.

No firearms in the barracks.  No firearms in your personal vehicle, unless you are transporting them to an armory on base for personally owned weapons (POW) storage.  If that's what you're doing the weapon must be unloaded and in a seperate location from any source of ammunition.

Base housing (at least where I'm at) allows you to have POWs, but they must be registered with the base MP's.  If an incident occurs at your house and it's discovered that you have a POW that hasn't been registered expect at the least NJP.

Basically, unless you are an MP and on duty, you are not going to be in possession of a firearm, especially a loaded one, while on base.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:20:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kinda ya!

Weird isn't it?

You would essentially be correct.  If you live in the barracks, you are not going to have a firearm next to you while you're sleeping (at least not while in compliance with military regulations that is.)
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:21:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Let's get back on topic...

Updates?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:23:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Updates?
View Quote

This is on topic 13er, apparently our military cannot or more specifically are not allowed to defend themselves. This should have been over before it started. The outcome of whatever happens should already be written. This is fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:26:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This is on topic, apparently our military cannot defend themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Updates?

Well, I know the non-ability for military personnel on base to carry was discussed ad-nauseum during the DC shooting last year but that's all it was was talk.
Is there an actual event going on at Carson or not. Let's find that out first.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:27:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Well, I know the non-ability for military personnel on base to carry was discussed ad-nauseum during the DC shooting last year but that's all it was was talk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Updates?

Meh, if there were updates, I'm sure people would be posting them.  There hasn't even been an update to the news article.  My guess is it's nothing, but who knows these days.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:28:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You would essentially be correct.  If you live in the barracks, you are not going to have a firearm next to you while you're sleeping (at least not while in compliance with military regulations that is.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kinda ya!

Weird isn't it?

Barracks...no. On post housing...loaded fun for home defense not a problem on most posts.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:29:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gun free zone.

Pretty much, yeah.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:35:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Updates?

No, you are wrong. If something very bad happens tonight the problem is not that bad things happened, it's that bad things happened to a fucking military base, whose sole and only purpose is to make sure that bad things do not happen, especially on home turf.  

I hope they don't, I hope everyone in that base has a good nights sleep and no-one is harmed.  The problem is that if they do, the whole thing could have been avoided if the members of that military base had the same permissions, screw that, rights that I do.  I am a civilian, I live in a house in the middle of my country and if a man with a gun that was not me showed up in my house tonight doing something bad, I could do something about it. Or at least try.

If the people sleeping in that base tonight had the same rights you would not be asking for an update, it would be over and done with by now. It would have made the news, tomorrow, maybe, that some moron commited suicide via US armed forces. This is fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:46:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Sorry for the rant, I am still getting over my naive assumptions that the people who serve to protect our freedom and way of life are denied the right to self defense that I am granted as someone who sits in my chair and writes code vs they have pledged their life for my freedom.  I am having a really difficult time with that.  It just doesn't make any sense to me, not your fault.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:49:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Article says there was no active shooter....

Suicide?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:19:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Sorry for the rant, I am still getting over my naive assumptions that the people who serve to protect our freedom and way of life are denied the right to self defense that I am granted as someone who sits in my chair and writes code vs they have pledged their life for my freedom.  I am having a really difficult time with that.  It just doesn't make any sense to me, not your fault.
View Quote

Please express your displeasure to your Congressman and Senators.  Seriously.  If non-.mil constiuents start bitching to them about it, it might make more of a difference.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:35:06 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gun free zone.

Constitutional rights for military personnel?

Haha. You funny.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:51:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

It has been that way for decades.  While I was in it was that way, and it will continue to be that way, because no one is willing to change it.  And leadership is to cowardly to change it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:03:27 AM EDT
[#43]
The guys acting amazed and imdignant that the rank and file arent armed 24/7 have obviously never been responsible for a dozen E1 and E2's. Its that way for a reason.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:09:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The guys acting amazed and imdignant that the rank and file arent armed 24/7 have obviously never been responsible for a dozen E1 and E2's. Its that way for a reason.
View Quote

Constitutional rights should all be rank or status dependent.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:09:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:39:22 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

So rights are dependent on rank in your world?

I have been around E1 & E2's that I would trust with anything

I have been around upper enlisted and officers that I would not trust with a water pistol

Bottom line is this if you have a CCW you should be able to carry on post IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:20:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I have been around upper enlisted and officers that I would not trust with a water pistol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll get in on this...

I agree, I was around a bunch of folks I would have, and did, trust with my life of varying ranks, but then again, I was also around a fair number of mall-ninja rambos that would have gotten themselves or others killed if actually allowed to be around something more dangerous than a stapler...not to mention druggees and thieves.

I support carry on bases, but I would prefer a more stringent permit...a few ideas come to mind, and may be flawed, but these are just thoughts...

1. Yearly range recertification and safety recert by test
2. Maybe clearance by psyche eval upon renewal?
3. Instead of automatic denial by base commander, maybe a shall issue type system based on supervisor's recommendation that individual is reliable?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:24:21 AM EDT
[#48]
In
On page 1
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:29:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Thank God my brother is in the field and his family lives way off post.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No, you are wrong. If something very bad happens tonight the problem is not that bad things happened, it's that bad things happened to a fucking military base, whose sole and only purpose is to make sure that bad things do not happen, especially on home turf.  

I hope they don't, I hope everyone in that base has a good nights sleep and no-one is harmed.  The problem is that if they do, the whole thing could have been avoided if the members of that military base had the same permissions, screw that, rights that I do.  I am a civilian, I live in a house in the middle of my country and if a man with a gun that was not me showed up in my house tonight doing something bad, I could do something about it. Or at least try.

If the people sleeping in that base tonight had the same rights you would not be asking for an update, it would be over and done with by now. It would have made the news, tomorrow, maybe, that some moron commited suicide via US armed forces. This is fucking stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Updates?

Oh, it gets worse.  When I deployed to Iraq, our battalion wasn't allowed to have bullets for the first 3 months (except for people going on convoys).  Our battalion commander was too worried about suicide.  We were driving in pairs onto the Iraqi part of the base to 'train' them with empty weapons (not even magazines).  Later, he reconsidered and we were each issued 20 rounds.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top