Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2014 10:48:59 PM EDT
I bought a clean 2009 SLT-2 recently.

It's had the can chains replaced and the water pump done and since it was a May 2009 build it should have had the trans fix done at build time.

I see a bunch of bad press on these and I was wondering if you folks have had any good experiences.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]
They are good vehicles. The chain stretch was the main problem. Keep the oil changed every 3k if you use conventional, don't use the oil life monitor and you will be good.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:16:09 PM EDT
[#2]
A what?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I watched one T-bone a car at about 55mph.  His airbags didn't deploy.  I remember telling him he was lucky to not be hurt and that I would be pissed if they didn't deploy on a straight on impact like that.  I think it was one of the ones affected by the recall.  My only experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top