BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can come up with a lot of other things that are far more troubling then this.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't see the big deal with her living there for free.  However, in 8 years of free rent, no property taxes and no major repairs she couldn't save enough to buy it when it was only worth $7500.  No, she damn well could have afforded to save it, instead she chose not to, or she has saved it and chooses not to use it to pay for housing.  

I don't care that she lived there, I also don't care if they put her out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They said yes.  Did you read the story?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She said she was willing to tell her story publicly because she recently heard her house was finally sold at a city surplus sale in July and she's hoping the new owner will do needed repairs to the house and rent it back to her.

No.

They said yes.  Did you read the story?

Their response would not be my response.

That's why I said "No."

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Do you own rental properties?  I guess not?  

A good renter is hard to find.  She is already there and willing to pay rent.  The property owner is the one that is supposed to fix the house.  I'm confused and baffled by your response.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She said she was willing to tell her story publicly because she recently heard her house was finally sold at a city surplus sale in July and she's hoping the new owner will do needed repairs to the house and rent it back to her.

No.

A good renter is hard to find.  She is already there and willing to pay rent.  The property owner is the one that is supposed to fix the house.  I'm confused and baffled by your response.

I have all of my rentals in an LLC.  I have been very successful by being very selective.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I want to say FSA, but it seems like she tried to do the right thing, made calls to try and pay property taxes and all.  If she was fighting eviction and sneaking around, I'd feel differently.  To me the house seems like an abandoned car,  if someone wants to move into it,  fine.  She probably has kept it in better shape than just letting racoons move in there....
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

It's not like she entered the house illegally.

She was given the home RENT FREE by her employer.

When the employer shut down, nobody ever told her she had to vacate and for 8 years nobody ever came around to do anything.

She just stayed in the home she was told she could live in, until someone came along and told her she might not be able to.

RENT TO HER:   In a fucking heartbeat I would rent to her.  For EIGHT YEARS she took care of a home she had no vested interest in.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

She gets a disability. She will get Section 8 once the property comes up to code and passes a Section 8 inspection. The landlord will get her rent in Singapore on or about the third of the month like clockwork. She is stable enough to not have moved in 8 years.

This tenant is a dream for Section 8. Kids without felonies and baby daddy not a felon that we know of from the article.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:19:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
She did not just find and squat in the house, she moved in while it was some agreement with "show homes"?

show homes went under, founder went to jail, nobody contacted her about rent or told her to move out etc.. ?

She contacted the city about taxes, they told her not to pay because she is not the owner
She paid the utilities, lived in it kept it from turning to total squalor etc..

I see no problem here, but mutual benefit.

View Quote

NOT FSA for the above reason
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:37:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Better that it falling into disrepair
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Given the situation, I am having a hard time getting upset over it....but lets not pretend she didn't know the score.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top