Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.  Only out of sickness or age, so it doesn't count.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:15:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Only major change is that they're inside more frequently since the grass has been planted.  They still go outside on their thrice-daily walks, and outside to hang out in the yard supervised, etc.

I've got some of that Nature's Miracle, but she's been experiencing the Miracle of My Kicking Foot(tm) a lot lately as treatment for her problem.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It sounds like the dog is acting out for some reason. Any major changes?

While your trying to fix the problem, this works great.
http://www.natures-miracle.com/~/media/UPG/Natures%20Miracle/Products/Stain%20and%20Odor%20Removers/Original%20Stain%20and%20Odor/CSR372OriginalSO_FamilyShot_REV.ashx?w=600&h=600&bc=white

Only major change is that they're inside more frequently since the grass has been planted.  They still go outside on their thrice-daily walks, and outside to hang out in the yard supervised, etc.

I've got some of that Nature's Miracle, but she's been experiencing the Miracle of My Kicking Foot(tm) a lot lately as treatment for her problem.

yeah- that'll fix it right up
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Let's say your wife only speaks Romanian and you don't speak a word of it.  Let's say you are incontinent and every time you piss yourself your wife smacks you right in the nut sack.  You can't help your behavior but she continues to do this to try and fix your behavior and you have no way of communicating to her that  you have an actual, physical problem.  

Same thing you are doing to your dog.  Behavioral or physical, the dog does not understand smacking.  Raise your voice a little, don't make physical contact when making corrections.  You're only hurting the situation, not helping it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Let's say your wife only speaks Romanian and you don't speak a word of it.  Let's say you are incontinent and every time you piss yourself your wife smacks you right in the nut sack.  You can't help your behavior but she continues to do this to try and fix your behavior and you have no way of communicating to her that  you have an actual, physical problem.  

Same thing you are doing to your dog.  Behavioral or physical, the dog does not understand smacking.  Raise your voice a little, don't make physical contact when making corrections.  You're only hurting the situation, not helping it.
View Quote

Strange... my dogs never sat at my heel, waited while I threw a bumper, and retrieved on command until I started using physical corrections.   After they learned what each correction was fixing, the need for physical correction entirely diminished.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Didn't read the whole thread, but I'd start with the vet.  My wife works at a vet clinic - sees stuff like this pretty frequently.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Strange... my dogs never sat at my heel, waited while I threw a bumper, and retrieved on command until I started using physical corrections.   After they learned what each correction was fixing, the need for physical correction entirely diminished.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fucking derp.  Do you know what incontinent means?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking derp, did you read the second sentence?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#8]
give that dog a beatin'
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:03:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I kick you, will you read it again?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'll bold it so you can put together his statement with my response. Activate tryhard mode, this will get rocky.

Same thing you are doing to your dog. Behavioral or physical, the dog does not understand smacking.  Raise your voice a little, don't make physical contact when making corrections.  You're only hurting the situation, not helping it.

Quoted:

His statement encompasses "behavioral or physical," not "behavioral or physically incontinent."

Think, then type.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'll bold it so you can put together his statement with my response. Activate tryhard mode, this will get rocky.
His statement encompasses "behavioral or physical," not "behavioral or physically incontinent."

Think, then type.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same thing you are doing to your dog. Behavioral or physical, the dog does not understand smacking.  Raise your voice a little, don't make physical contact when making corrections.  You're only hurting the situation, not helping it.

Quoted:

Think, then type.

On a scale from 1 to your IQ, how much physical correction do you think it will take to cure incontinence?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:18:55 PM EDT
[#12]
my 7th Golden is laying on my foot, I have never had to raise my hand to not one of them.

heck they figure out more things on their own then most dogs will learn in their lifetime
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Think, then type.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Think, then type.

Talk to yor vet, then get back to us.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top