BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't see why all you nannies get so worked up about it.  The un-vaccinated children are the ones at risk, not yours.  

View Quote

If vaccinations were 100% effective you would have a point.  But they're not.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to hanging out with people, OP.  There will always be jerks who insist on spreading their germs to anyone and everyone.

That said, your irrational fear over being around an un-vaccinated kid is ARFCOM derp at it's worst.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I asked the question before... he got PISSED and claimed that I had no understanding of the condition and that her situation could be worsened by the introduction of additional heavy metals into her system.

He and his wife are of the opinion that Autism is directly correlated to the ability of the body to process heavy metals and the concentration of said substances in the system. They bolster this claim by the fact that my niece has a concentration of copper in her system that would be considered toxic by most standards.
I don't buy into that one way or the other.... I personally think its because of some fucked up DNA or a bad genetic combo between him and my SIL that presents conditions that are conducive for the development of the condition...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't mean this in anyway an insult to your brother or niece.

But what is she worried about? Double autism?

I asked the question before... he got PISSED and claimed that I had no understanding of the condition and that her situation could be worsened by the introduction of additional heavy metals into her system.

He and his wife are of the opinion that Autism is directly correlated to the ability of the body to process heavy metals and the concentration of said substances in the system. They bolster this claim by the fact that my niece has a concentration of copper in her system that would be considered toxic by most standards.
I don't buy into that one way or the other.... I personally think its because of some fucked up DNA or a bad genetic combo between him and my SIL that presents conditions that are conducive for the development of the condition...

Sounds like an environmental issue.  Have they checked around the house and yard to make sure she isn't getting into anything that could cause this.  I wouldn't have any idea what it would be, but that is unusual.  IIRC, the 'autism is caused by vaccines' people always clung to the mercury in vaccines, I don't remember hearing anything about copper.

If your bro is going to be a dick about letting you know his kid is sick, keep the kids apart...it's that simple.  You're just trying to protect your child, much like he is, except you're not being an idiot about it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Some kids aren't the same after the MMR vaccine.  There is definitely nothing wrong with getting them on a different schedule than what is recommended.

I don't see why all you nannies get so worked up about it.  The un-vaccinated children are the ones at risk, not yours.  

View Quote

Virus mutation and evolution, how does it work?  You know how it doesn't work? If the virus is killed off before it can mutate, because the vaccinated individuals are prepared for the most common type. So no... It's not just  the unvaccinated children. It puts everyone at risk because now  there is a walking talking biochem lab creating a new virus type instead of stomping out the virus as quickly as possible. You have a host and breeding ground for the infection.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Is your son never around any other kids? Let the kids play.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Actually, he is a pretty conservative guy. His wife is prone to pseudo-scientific claims and conjecture. Hence he is as well....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

hippy

Actually, he is a pretty conservative guy. His wife is prone to pseudo-scientific claims and conjecture. Hence he is as well....

This her?

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Its not the lack of vaccinations that gets me, like I said in the OP, his kid, his rules.

What gets me is his covert efforts to not tell us his child is sick, or displaying symptoms of an illness, until after they have played long enough to potentially get my child sick.

Its like he wants to get my kid sick in order to either prove that vaccinations don't work, or  worse, in an attempt to punish my family for, quite honestly, having a normally developed little boy!

Its pretty fucked up if you look at it that way.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't mean this in anyway as an insult to your niece.

But what are they worried about? Double autism?

Some kids aren't the same after the MMR vaccine.  There is definitely nothing wrong with getting them on a different schedule than what is recommended.

Its not the lack of vaccinations that gets me, like I said in the OP, his kid, his rules.

What gets me is his covert efforts to not tell us his child is sick, or displaying symptoms of an illness, until after they have played long enough to potentially get my child sick.

Its like he wants to get my kid sick in order to either prove that vaccinations don't work, or  worse, in an attempt to punish my family for, quite honestly, having a normally developed little boy!

Its pretty fucked up if you look at it that way.....

If he is undermining your request that he not allow your kids to interact when his is sick, then the only logical choice you have is to not allow them to play together at all.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Lol,

Wife is getting ready to have our first child. They had a packet they gave us. It's for cord blood donations. Here is some of the "mothers risk questionnaire" questions.

1. Have you taken any of the following medications

A. Insulin from cows, since 1980

B. Growth Hormone from human pituitary glands

C. Rabies vaccinations from the past year

2.in the past 8 weeks have you had ANY shots or immunizations?

3. In the last 12 weeks have you had any contact with anyone who has received the small pox vaccine?

And it goes on and on...

Now why should be the slightest bit concerned about immunizations?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kids already an autist.

Whats the downside at this point ?

She could become double secret autistic.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I will disagree with you and say that you need to reevaluate how herd vaccination works. Not all vaccines will work 100% of the time on everyone, so that's why you need to vaccinate all the children.

Some kids aren't the same after getting whooping cough and die, come kids aren't the same after getting the flu and die, some kids aren't the same after being born with rubella and then die.

How about you do some research and then you will realize that vaccines don't fucking cause autism and the ability to get rid of these god awful diseases is why science freaking rocks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will disagree with you and say that you need to reevaluate how herd vaccination works. Not all vaccines will work 100% of the time on everyone, so that's why you need to vaccinate all the children.

Some kids aren't the same after getting whooping cough and die, come kids aren't the same after getting the flu and die, some kids aren't the same after being born with rubella and then die.

How about you do some research and then you will realize that vaccines don't fucking cause autism and the ability to get rid of these god awful diseases is why science freaking rocks!

What is the percentage of un vaccinated children in the US?  I imagine it's small (at least prior to the Guatemalan invasion), but I don't know either.

Did I say that vaccines cause Autism.  I know some kids are affected by the vaccines.  There was/is Mercury in vaccines and my son had high levels of Hg along with Pb, Cd, Ga and Ni.  He also high levels of some chemicals such as Styrene and others I can't remember.  If, by chance, he were not able to filter out the heavy metals and chemicals like kids with a normally functioning system, then the vaccine with Thimerasal might add to that heavy metal load in his system.  I'm not a fucking expert like you, but I have done a bit of research, because I have a 17 year old son with Autism that we have been aware of for the past 13 years.

ETA:  My daughters have had their vaccinations, but not on the accelerated schedule.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This^

Who cares mind your own business. His kid his rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Drama llamas, the both of you.

This^

Who cares mind your own business. His kid his rules.

Please see the very first sentence of the OP....

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#12]
"stomach viruses, colds, flu, and pink eye from her!"
Those are all normal things that your son might pick up from any kid or an adult.
It's more likely you gave him those things.
Vaccines wouldn't prevent/protect from any of those.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Stay away from his family!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lol,

Wife is getting ready to have our first child. They had a packet they gave us. It's for cord blood donations. Here is some of the "mothers risk questionnaire" questions.

3. In the last 12 weeks have you had any contact with anyone who has received the small pox vaccine?

And it goes on and on...

View Quote

Do you not understand the mechanism of vaccination? You have to wait the year, 8 weeks, and 12 weeks, respectively, to make sure that you don't pass on the live virus to people with weakened immune systems. Not all vaccinations are dead virus, some are attenuated vaccines with a modified or weak live virus which your healthy immune system will fight off and have protection against in the future.

Guess who typically receives the cord blood donation?

People with blood cancers. Blood cancers are nasty in particular because they often affect the body's immune system directly. Just treating cancer with our normal methods can impact the immune system a great deal.

You could end up curing the cancer but killing someone with an infection.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What is the percentage of un vaccinated children in the US?  I imagine it's small (at least prior to the Guatemalan invasion), but I don't know either.
Did I say that vaccines cause Autism.  I know some kids are affected by the vaccines.  There was/is Mercury in vaccines and my son had high levels of Hg along with Pb, Cd, Ga and Ni.  He also high levels of some chemicals such as Styrene and others I can't remember.  If, by chance, he were not able to filter out the heavy metals and chemicals like kids with a normally functioning system, then the vaccine with Thimerosal might add to that heavy metal load in his system.  I'm not a fucking expert like you, but I have done a bit of research, because I have a 17 year old son with Autism that we have been aware of for the past 13 years.

ETA:  My daughters have had their vaccinations, but not on the accelerated schedule.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I say that vaccines cause Autism.  I know some kids are affected by the vaccines.  There was/is Mercury in vaccines and my son had high levels of Hg along with Pb, Cd, Ga and Ni.  He also high levels of some chemicals such as Styrene and others I can't remember.  If, by chance, he were not able to filter out the heavy metals and chemicals like kids with a normally functioning system, then the vaccine with Thimerosal might add to that heavy metal load in his system.  I'm not a fucking expert like you, but I have done a bit of research, because I have a 17 year old son with Autism that we have been aware of for the past 13 years.

Sorry about your son, but if he had styrene is his system you need to get your drinking water and air tested RFN if you still live in the same place.

As for the data, you are looking at about 1 million legal children not ever being immunized. There are more kids not getting vaccinated than there are people living with HIV/AIDS. That should bother you. I get not going on  the accelerated schedule no one wants to see their kid go through febrile seizures, but they aren't going to harm the kid. It just is difficult for the parents to go through.

As for the mercury in thimerosal.  

"In 2004, the IOM's Immunization Safety Review Committee issued its final report, examining the hypothesis that vaccines, specifically the MMR vaccines and thimerosal containing vaccines, are causally associated with autism. In this report, the committee incorporated new epidemiological evidence from the U.S., Denmark, Sweden, and the United Kingdom, and studies of biologic mechanisms related to vaccines and autism since its report in 2001. The committee concluded that this body of evidence favors rejection of a causal relationship between thimerosal-containing vaccines and autism, and that hypotheses generated to date concerning a biological mechanism for such causality are theoretical only. Further, the committee stated that the benefits of vaccination are proven and the hypothesis of susceptible populations is presently speculative, and that widespread rejection of vaccines would lead to increases in incidences of serious infectious diseases like measles, whooping cough and Hib bacterial meningitis."

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't mean this in anyway an insult to your brother or niece.

But what is she worried about? Double autism?

I think it might be vitamin D deficiency related.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Lol,

And it goes on and on...

View Quote

Information from a pamphlet that has a fiduciary interest in scaring parents into buying their services.  I am not saying its not a good idea.  But you have to consider the source.  Also they want to know what possible things the mother has been exposed to.  Do the risks outweigh the benefits?

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Show your brother this, OP. He obviously does not understand vaccination & herd immunity.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Didn't you tell him that the government told us that vaccinations are safe, and assure him the government would never lie about something as serious as healthcare?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Some vaccines are not needed, I'd rather my boy contract chicken pox naturally. I do have him vaccinated for MMR however. I think we've gone overboard on this vaccine shit. One I wish they'd bring back in Polio for kids because of all the 3rd worlders invading out boarders north and south.
EDIT: when he's school age, he will be caught up on all vaccines including CP if he hasn't got it by then.
View Quote

Vaccines are important, some more than others.  My 18 month old niece was diagnosed last week with shingles and her pedi said it was rare but it came from the pox vaccination.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Vaccines are important, some more than others.  My 18 month old niece was diagnosed last week with shingles and her pedi said it was rare but it came from the pox vaccination.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some vaccines are not needed, I'd rather my boy contract chicken pox naturally. I do have him vaccinated for MMR however. I think we've gone overboard on this vaccine shit. One I wish they'd bring back in Polio for kids because of all the 3rd worlders invading out boarders north and south.
EDIT: when he's school age, he will be caught up on all vaccines including CP if he hasn't got it by then.

This is how rumors can spread and then the one of the reason people don't vaccinate their children. Either way, your niece was going to have the dormant shingles (zoster) virus in her body. Either because she naturally caught chicken pox or got it from the inoculation. I wish they would have given me the chicken pox vaccine as a kid, I may have not developed the shingles as a child and ended up with several scars on my face because my body would have developed a strong enough response to the virus.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Do you not understand the mechanism of vaccination? You have to wait the year, 8 weeks, and 12 weeks, respectively, to make sure that you don't pass on the live virus to people with weakened immune systems. Not all vaccinations are dead virus, some are attenuated vaccines with a modified or weak live virus which your healthy immune system will fight off and have protection against in the future.

People with blood cancers. Blood cancers are nasty in particular because they often affect the body's immune system directly. Just treating cancer with our normal methods can impact the immune system a great deal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol,

And it goes on and on...

Lol,

You think I'm stupid for asking such a rediculous question. Thus the little googley eyed smiley faces.

Why is it a risk if I accepted insulin from a cow since 1980? Mad cow? Why is it a risk for human growth hormone?

Has anyone ever gotten aids from blood transfusions? Has anyone ever became a hemophiliac from blood medicines?

Has anyone been in danger of cancers from vaccines? Didn't I read where "the medical community" warned people who received certain vaccines in the 60's may be at risk for certain cancers? Has anyone else been harmed from invasive medical procedures or medicines that was later found not to have been a good idea? Has modern western medicine ever made a mistake?

My point being, it isn't 100% safe to inject anything into your system. Drugs made in a makeshift laboratory in a Colombian jungle or drugs made in a laboratory with men in their little white suits and their degrees.

Smiley googley eyed face away...
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Information from a pamphlet that has a fiduciary interest in scaring parents into buying their services.  I am not saying its not a good idea.  But you have to consider the source.  Also they want to know what possible things the mother has been exposed to.  Do the risks outweigh the benefits?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol,

And it goes on and on...

No, they would probably ask her not to donate if any of these 3 pages of things have occurred. I would think it would be a similar questionnaire if you went to donate blood. It wasn't a pamphlet it was a check yes or no and sign here deal.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No, they would probably ask her not to donate if any of these 3 pages of things have occurred. I would think it would be a similar questionnaire if you went to donate blood. It wasn't a pamphlet it was a check yes or no and sign here deal.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol,

And it goes on and on...

Ah, your talking about donation.  I was thinking storage services.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Several times in the past he has contracted stomach viruses, colds, flu, and pink eye from her!! WTF!
View Quote

none of these has a vaccine.  Keep your yoot vaccinated, you'll be ok.

but they might catch the stoopid from your bro's family.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
His 4yo daughter is Autistic and he and his wife (nut case if I might add) refuses to get her vaccinated (not what I really want this thread to be about, but hey run wit it if you want to), and that is all good and fine, his kids, his rules.

Yet he gives me crap because I do get my son vaccinated (3 yo, 100% healthy and normal.... well maybe a little rambunctious) and I complain that I don't want my kid to play with his kid at family functions when she is sick . He acts like it is due to other reasons (her Autism), yet when she is not sick, I could give a crap about her condition and encourage them to play, but if she is a walking petri dish, then as a parent, I have to make it my business.

Yesterday we were at a family get together, and our kids are playing, right before they leave, after playing for a few hours, he begins to tell me that he thinks his daughter is coming down with chicken pox or some type of rash she might have picked up at school. I ask him why he didn't bother to tell us earlier and he goes into this rant about its good for kids to contract CP at an early age and then smugly suggests my son should be OK because he has been vaccinated!!

Several times in the past he has contracted stomach viruses, colds, flu, and pink eye from her!! WTF!

Sometimes I think he wants to get my son sick for some strange reason..... a sort of sibling rivalry induced biological warfare waged by proxy.  

I'm just about ready to cut off that branch of the family tree, and call it a day.  
View Quote

How old were your brother and SIL when they had the girl?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
These. There was a time when a kid on the block would get mumps and chicken poxmothers would take kids in so they would get them and get over it early in life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These. There was a time when a kid on the block would get mumps and chicken poxmothers would take kids in so they would get them and get over it early in life.

The bolded part is true.

My younger brother and I are 19 months apart. When my brother got chicken pox, my mom had us share a sucker so we'd both have it at the same time. She reasoned there was no reason to go thru it successively if she could do it concurrently. We're both still here and over 50.

I understand some parents don't want to vaccinate their kids, but most parents do. The sad thing is the same respect that is shown the parents that choose not to vaccinate, isn't shown to those that do. The majority (that I have encountered - my wife works at a private school) that don't want to vaccinate assume the other parents don't give a crap about what goes into their child's body. However, I'd argue from a protection standpoint, that it's the other way around.

Oh well, you'll NEVER convince either side they're wrong.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I really don't get your argument.  If your kid's is vaccinated, then your kid shouldn't catch anything from your brother's kid that he is vaccinated for.  Whether his kid is vaccinated or not has no bearing on his kid having colds, pink eye, or other maladies because there are no vaccinations for those.  Both kids are susceptible.

Your argument is not logical.

A better question might be what would you do if his kid had measles?  
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This is how rumors can spread and then the one of the reason people don't vaccinate their children. Either way, your niece was going to have the dormant shingles (zoster) virus in her body. Either because she naturally caught chicken pox or got it from the inoculation. I wish they would have given me the chicken pox vaccine as a kid, I may have not developed the shingles as a child and ended up with several scars on my face because my body would have developed a strong enough response to the virus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I should not speak about a real life event in hopes to not scare people?  That's some liberal logic.  Fear is a mother fucker.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So I should not speak about a real life event in hopes to not scare people?  That's some liberal logic.  Fear is a mother fucker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No speak about it all you want, I wasn't saying you shouldn't talk about events in your life, I was pointing out how stupid people can be and their reasoning behind why a person may choose to not vaccinate. For example, "hey man you heard delicious bass's niece got that there shingles from that chicken pox vaccine, I sure as hell ain't gonna let Jr get no shingles from no damn doctors voodoo potion, he'll just have to get chicken pox the old fashioned way"

I was just illustrating how people who have a though time with science may take your comments or other people's comments who are just describing life events.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
His 4yo daughter is Autistic and he and his wife (nut case if I might add) refuses to get her vaccinated (not what I really want this thread to be about, but hey run wit it if you want to), and that is all good and fine, his kids, his rules.

Yet he gives me crap because I do get my son vaccinated (3 yo, 100% healthy and normal.... well maybe a little rambunctious) and I complain that I don't want my kid to play with his kid at family functions when she is sick . He acts like it is due to other reasons (her Autism), yet when she is not sick, I could give a crap about her condition and encourage them to play, but if she is a walking petri dish, then as a parent, I have to make it my business.

Yesterday we were at a family get together, and our kids are playing, right before they leave, after playing for a few hours, he begins to tell me that he thinks his daughter is coming down with chicken pox or some type of rash she might have picked up at school. I ask him why he didn't bother to tell us earlier and he goes into this rant about its good for kids to contract CP at an early age and then smugly suggests my son should be OK because he has been vaccinated!!

Sometimes I think he wants to get my son sick for some strange reason..... a sort of sibling rivalry induced biological warfare waged by proxy.  

I'm just about ready to cut off that branch of the family tree, and call it a day.  

Brother: 35
SIL ('da Crazy): 28

Why?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Just curious--those types usually have a certain set of characteristics.
What's strange (and forgive me if I offend) is a 28 year old woman making a profoundly autistic child.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No speak about it all you want, I wasn't saying you shouldn't talk about events in your life, I was pointing out how stupid people can be and their reasoning behind why a person may choose to not vaccinate. For example, "hey man you heard delicious bass's niece got that there shingles from that chicken pox vaccine, I sure as hell ain't gonna let Jr get no shingles from no damn doctors voodoo potion, he'll just have to get chicken pox the old fashioned way"

I was just illustrating how people who have a though time with science may take your comments or other people's comments who are just describing life events.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop worrying about what everyone may think.  That's a horrible white trash impersonation too.  I can always spot liberal logic when little personal jabs come into us "grown folks convermusations" and some can't have them.  My words are worth what you paid for them.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:he goes into this rant about its good for kids to contract CP at an early age and then smugly suggests my son should be OK because he has been vaccinated!!
View Quote

Do you even chicken pox bro?  

Many of us survived the chicken pox just fine dude.  Your brother is still a nutcase.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What's strange (and forgive me if I offend) is a 28 year old woman making a profoundly autistic child.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

No offense taken.....  I agree!

There seems to be something definitely off about my SIL and her side of their family. SIL's mother demonstrates characteristics indicative of some, all be it low, level of Asperger's syndrome, and SIL in general has some characteristics, that although I cant quite put my finger on it, strikes me as strange.... another reason that I believe there is a genetic component.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

In 2013 the vaccination rate for measles was 91%.  That doesn't even put us in the top 50 of nations in the world.  See, in those back assed third world dictatorships, they don't need to do things like pass laws, give religious exemptions, and the like.  They roll up in a truck with a nurse, a clerk, and a guard, and ALL the kids in the village get vaccinated. Period.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Wasn't the big think about the anti vacciners? that they were afraid their kids would develop autism? Seems like he already lost that battle, so why not vaccinate?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I was just illustrating how people who have a though time with science may take your comments or other people's comments who are just describing life events

Stop worrying about what everyone may think.  That's a horrible white trash impersonation too.  I can always spot liberal logic when little personal jabs come into us "grown folks convermusations" and some can't have them.  My words are worth what you paid for them.  
View Quote

It was a good impersonation, considering where I grew up, you may have to add some different syllables though

I don't understand what you are saying, You said somthing and I pointed out how someone who doesn't know how vaccines work may thing that getting a vaccine may have caused their child a medical condition that it didn't. I thought that my comments were valid considering we were talking about Op's family member who doesn't want to immunize their child because of some baseless accusations made by a study that has been proven to be inaccurate. I am having trouble seeing how that makes me a liberal.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

As for the data, you are looking at about 1 million legal children not ever being immunized. There are more kids not getting vaccinated than there are people living with HIV/AIDS. That should bother you. I get not going on  the accelerated schedule no one wants to see their kid go through febrile seizures, but they aren't going to harm the kid. It just is difficult for the parents to go through.

View Quote

Data source please?  I think that the people who refuse to vaccinate their kids based on "science" don't have any idea what the term "science" actually means.  But I do have a problem with trying to convince them using scary statistics.

I got the following off the WHO website (MCV stands for Measles Containing Vaccine)  Sorry about the formatting.:

1. Antigua and BarbudaMCV99

2. BelizeMCV99

3. BrazilMCV99

4. CubaMCV99

5. GuyanaMCV99

6. NicaraguaMCV99

7. Saint Kitts and NevisMCV99

8. Saint LuciaMCV99

9. Saint Vincent and the GrenadinesMCV99

10. GrenadaMCV98

11. EcuadorMCV97

12. UruguayMCV96

13. CanadaMCV95

14. El SalvadorMCV94

15. JamaicaMCV94

16. DominicaMCV93

17. SurinameMCV93

18. Bahamas (the)MCV92

19. ColombiaMCV92

20. PanamaMCV92

21. ArgentinaMCV91

22. Costa RicaMCV91

23. Trinidad and TobagoMCV91

24. United States of America (the)MCV91

25. ChileMCV90

26. HondurasMCV89

27. MexicoMCV89

28. GuatemalaMCV85

29. PeruMCV85

30. Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)MCV85

31. Bolivia (Plurinational State of)MCV83

32. Dominican Republic (the)MCV83

33. HaitiMCV80

34. ParaguayMCV75

35. BarbadosMCV
  36. [/*]

So it looks like the US is 24th in measles vaccination rates for all the Americas at 91% (which, btw, is below the level at which heard immunity is fully effective.)  Yeah, we are ahead of where some of the countries where the migrant kids are from, but not by that much.  

The problem in the US isn't third worlders who everyone thinks spends their days wallowing in their own shit.  It's our own overeducated but ignorant first worlders who believe that they can wallow in their own shit, because their shit doesn't stink.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#42]
My daughter is autistic (doctor has made this designation, not just a parental label) and we get her vaccinations as normal.

People who don't vaccinate suck.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There was/is Mercury in vaccines and my son had high levels of Hg along with Pb, Cd, Ga and Ni.  He also high levels of some chemicals such as Styrene and others I can't remember.  If, by chance, he were not able to filter out the heavy metals and chemicals like kids with a normally functioning system, then the vaccine with Thimerasal might add to that heavy metal load in his system.  I'm not a fucking expert like you, but I have done a bit of research, because I have a 17 year old son with Autism that we have been aware of for the past 13 years.

View Quote

For the love of God, how much vaccine did they give him? Half a liter?

Get your well water tested and stop burning trash, especially construction waste.

Is there plastic industry where you life? Let me guess one of the other chems was Bisphenol.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#44]
You have no idea what you are talking about.  Drama, drama, drama.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Get your well water tested and stop burning trash, especially construction waste.

Is there plastic industry where you life? Let me guess one of the other chems was Bisphenol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was/is Mercury in vaccines and my son had high levels of Hg along with Pb, Cd, Ga and Ni.  He also high levels of some chemicals such as Styrene and others I can't remember.  If, by chance, he were not able to filter out the heavy metals and chemicals like kids with a normally functioning system, then the vaccine with Thimerasal might add to that heavy metal load in his system.  I'm not a fucking expert like you, but I have done a bit of research, because I have a 17 year old son with Autism that we have been aware of for the past 13 years.

I said the same thing, those levels and chemicals didn't make sense to me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#46]
@midcap:
Similar: if i was afraid of the radiation of a modern, PROPERLY CALIBRATED xray machine, while watching tv on a cathode ray, in my granite cellar(Radon).
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#47]
I went through this with my sister's family. They purposely has a "chicken pock party" to infect their kids a week before coming down to visit for my birthday. Never said a word to anyone about it. We had elderly people there, plus my 3 kids. Also a single income family. I found out afterwords. Someone who has little regard for anybody's safety is nobody I need in my life. I no longer talk to them. Idiots.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#48]
I really don't know enough about this (Other than that the dude that started this shit in the Lancet

has been completely disgraced) to make an informed comment (Never stopped me yet though )

but, after 5 decades, 3 siblings (And My own bad self) and 20 something G'Kids (ALL vaccinated)

.....the dreaded ADS has yet to show in any of us.

I know, we're doing it wrong, I'm sorry
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
@midcap:
Similar: if i was afraid of the radiation of a modern, PROPERLY CALIBRATED xray machine, while watching tv on a cathode ray, in my granite cellar(Radon).
View Quote

good comparison.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Lol,    

You think I'm stupid for asking such a rediculous question. Thus the little googley eyed smiley faces.

Why is it a risk if I accepted insulin from a cow since 1980? Mad cow? Why is it a risk for human growth hormone?

Has anyone ever gotten aids from blood transfusions? Has anyone ever became a hemophiliac from blood medicines?

Has anyone been in danger of cancers from vaccines? Didn't I read where "the medical community" warned people who received certain vaccines in the 60's may be at risk for certain cancers? Has anyone else been harmed from invasive medical procedures or medicines that was later found not to have been a good idea? Has modern western medicine ever made a mistake?

My point being, it isn't 100% safe to inject anything into your system. Drugs made in a makeshift laboratory in a Colombian jungle or drugs made in a laboratory with men in their little white suits and their degrees.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol,

And it goes on and on...

Lol,    

I think you're passing your opinion on bad information and false premises. No, the medical community, medicine, and just about anything in general is not fool proof, but there is no question that vaccines have saved millions of lives and millions more from being paralyzed for life.

The risks associated with vaccinations absolutely pale in comparison to the risks from the diseases that vaccination works to eradicate.

You questioned the safety of vaccines because of something you read in a questionnaire without understanding WHY those questions are in place. I explained it to you. HGH and cow insulin have the same issues. They're safe for people that need them, and the majority of people in general, but not for those needing cord blood donations to save their lives from other illnesses. It's just like how certain drugs are safe until you mix them together in the body.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top