Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/22/2014 8:21:02 AM EDT
Saw this on a facebook gun group. Looks like they made off with quite a few NFA weapons and a shitload of ammo. I don't know why the fuck they would leave that shit in a damn box trailer without someone pulling guard on it

http://www.wthr.com/story/26590195/2014/09/22/truckload-of-dangerous-weapons-stolen-from-indianapolis-store

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2014/09/22/military-weapons-ammo-stolen-far-westside-gun-shop/16038675/

According to police, the trailer was filled with the following firearms and accessories:

3 M16 type fully automatic rifles
2 full auto AK47s
A Beretta Auto Sear machine gun
A Century Arms machine gun
5 HK MP5 type sub-machine guns
A Century Arms Tantal machine gun
A full auto Thompson 1928A1 sub-machine gun
A full auto UZI sub-machine gun
An Ohio Ordinance 249 SAW belt fed full auto machine gun
Pistols include:

2 Ruger semi autos
A Beretta 92FS semi auto
2 Sig Sauer semi autos
2 Kimber semi auto handguns
An HK 45T semi auto pistol
There were two short barrelled rifles — one a Mosin 91/30 and the other a Vector Arms PTR-91P, two Remington 870 shotguns and one Savage Arms 720 shotgun.

Police say there were also 16 suppressors in the trailer along with approximately 20,000 rounds of mixed ammunition, a pallet jack, and $2,500 worth of miscellaneous magazines.

The trailer has two red and white shields and star logos on the upper rear of trailer. It has a IN 2015 trailer plate of TR371UAE.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:24:29 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I don't know why the fuck they would leave that shit in a damn box trailer without someone pulling guard on it

View Quote

because most people dont treat guns like weapons of mass destruction, unless you're a lib

the problem in not the storage in the trailer, ITS FUCKING THEIVES

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#2]
damn looks like everything was just sitting in this trailer and someone hooked up and took that shit.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:26:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Stupid on all accounts.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:26:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I bet they don't leave shit like that out in a trailer again. Idiots.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

because most people dont treat guns like weapons of mass destruction, unless you're a lib

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know why the fuck they would leave that shit in a damn box trailer without someone pulling guard on it

I am talking more about the value of several NFA guns and 20k + rounds of ammo. I know I wouldn't leave that much shit just sitting in a trailer unattended. It has fuck all with their capabilities or "weapons of mass destruction"  as it does $100K + worth of assets. That is just stupid.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#6]
ISIS arming up.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:29:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Asshats that did this sure as shit didn't go through any Background Check, and they didn't use the "Gun Show Loophole" either.

This is how criminals acquire their firearms. Theft.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:29:53 AM EDT
[#8]
"Ah, fuck it, Jim, we'll unload that shit tomorrow."
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#9]
The owners posted in an indy gun forum that one of the guns stolen was a M249
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like someone is going to have a fun weekend of shooting.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:30:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I think I know the owner of that trailer...he is a retired marine scout sniper that now does "logistics".  Off to make a phone call.......

Eta:  whew, not him.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#12]
[yawn]  ATF already did this one [yawn]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:40:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Guys...lets not jump to conclusions yet.  Calling the owner an idiot is a pretty bold statement, but of course easy for any keyboard commando to post.

I know the owner and he has a very reputable business.  I'm sure that in addition to being pretty ticked that he had a bunch of stuff stolen, that he's pretty ticked off at himself for the circumstances.   From what I've read, the trailer was loaded up for a reloading swap meet that he helps organize, and the entire trailer was stolen, perhaps by being winched up onto a roll back or a flat bed trailer.  Definitely someone new there were guns in there, and had a pretty bold plan to go after it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Guys...lets not jump to conclusions yet.  Calling the owner an idiot is a pretty bold statement, but of course easy for any keyboard commando to post.

I know the owner and he has a very reputable business.  I'm sure that in addition to being pretty ticked that he had a bunch of stuff stolen, that he's pretty ticked off at himself for the circumstances.   From what I've read, the trailer was loaded up for a reloading swap meet that he helps organize, and the entire trailer was stolen, perhaps by being winched up onto a roll back or a flat bed trailer.  Definitely someone new there were guns in there, and had a pretty bold plan to go after it.
View Quote

Sorry but leaving $100K+ worth of inventory especially FA/ NFA items and a 249 just sitting behind your shop if stupid. The owner is a fucking moron. Hell I have a safe bolted inside my car to hold a $600 pistol if I can't take it in where I am going.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Asshats that did this sure as shit didn't go through any Background Check, and they didn't use the "Gun Show Loophole" either.

View Quote

Although I'm sure it will be written down as the criminals obtained the guns from a gun shop. Anti-gunners have to raise their percentages some how.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I am talking more about the value of several NFA guns and 20k + rounds of ammo. I know I wouldn't leave that much shit just sitting in a trailer unattended. It has fuck all with their capabilities or "weapons of mass destruction"  as it does $100K + worth of assets. That is just stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I really do not think they were Transferable.

So $100K maybe a little high..
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:58:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They posted a list on their FB. Some were transferable some were post samples.

and hell if it was 20K rounds of .22lr thats 100K easily on its own
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:00:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure looks like they have been transferred to me.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:01:56 AM EDT
[#19]
What's the black market value on NFA stuff?  I can't imagine it being anywhere near the legal market price.

I was at Knob Creek a few years back when rumor circulated that an M60 was lifted off a table.  I hate thieves.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:02:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think I know the owner of that trailer...he is a retired marine scout sniper that now does "logistics".  Off to make a phone call.......

View Quote

Even right down to another unit stealing his shit. He's still got his .mil skills
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#21]
maybe terrorists
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:05:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
maybe terrorists
View Quote

No shit Imagine the shit storm if ISIS made off with a trailer full of NFA items and 20K rounds of ammo.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Fucking idiot.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No shit Imagine the shit storm if ISIS made off with a trailer full of NFA items and 20K rounds of ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
maybe terrorists

How would hadji know?  

I guarantee the owner or someone who works for him knows who stole it.  Too much trust.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#25]
This is one of those perfect examples of "Loose lips sink ships"  An employee mentioned it to a friend, a what do you know, missing trailer.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:14:36 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Saw this on a facebook gun group. Looks like they made off with quite a few NFA weapons and a shitload of ammo. I don't know why the fuck they would leave that shit in a damn box trailer without someone pulling guard on it

View Quote
My guess would be "inside job". First thing that came to mind was the "Two n*****s just stole my truck" scene from "Goodfellas".

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

Trailer in front of gun shop... gee, I wonder what's in it? I don't leave guns locked in my car at home in my garage, much less a trailer full of them in front of a gun store! That's beyond stupid.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:17:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which is why we need to ban guns from law abiding citizens too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sorry, but If you've got that much NFA shit that you have to bring with you, your ass better wake up early and load that shit up rather than do the easy thing and leave it sitting in a fucking trailer!

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:24:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Inside job or friend of an employee bragging about the company plans.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#31]
If I had to leave that much value in a trailer overnight, I'd box it in against the back of the building with an RV and sleep there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Thinking out loud - Someone knew the trailer's contents?

ETA:
Quoted:
View Quote

You get that feeling too?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#33]
The thieves may have thought they were just getting a trailer. The guns were a bonus.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Didn't something very similar happen in PA just this past spring or winter too?  Anyone know what the outcome was?  I lost track of that thread and forgot about it until just now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

The thieves may have thought they were just getting a trailer. The guns were a bonus.
View Quote

Trailers that look like that, usually contain things.

It's like a criminal storage wars...

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Didn't something very similar happen in PA just this past spring or winter too?  Anyone know what the outcome was?  I lost track of that thread and forgot about it until just now.
View Quote
Yeah, IIRC he was followed from a gun show and robbed at a restaurant or something.  
ETA:Found it here

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I was at Knob Creek a few years back when rumor circulated that an M60 was lifted off a table.  I hate thieves.
View Quote

That wasn't a rumor.  Actually happened.

They caught the guy while he was trying to leave.  Literally had the gun down his pants.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#38]
did they ever find the full auto weapons stolen from the FBI vans?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

The owner was an idiot.  Calling me a keyboard commando is a bold statement.

Even though I am...but you hurt my feelings.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:08:04 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

ETA:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

ETA:

Quoted:

Yeah.....same here . Or,maybe an insurance scam ?

Ditch the trailer after emptying the contents .

Turn the guns into parts kits , destroy the receivers and any part with a serial # , stick the untraceable ammo back on your shelves .

Wait for insurance check and rebuild your toyz .

Profit

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#41]

These days leaving any type of box trailer unattended, especially overnite is asking to lose it.
Hopefully the guys who stole this are going "oh shit" right now and didn't steal it knowing specifically what was in there with the intentions of using the contents for bad things.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

People do stupid things sometimes, this is one of them.  He could be the nicest guy on earth, but a stupid action is stupid regardless of character.

Still, fuck thieves.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
damn looks like everything was just sitting in this trailer and someone hooked up and took that shit.

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h342/thedeadduck/1908412_10203258196868744_8575894845015789405_n_zps9a4483aa.jpg
View Quote

Yeah, no way I'd leave that in a parking lot, let alone full of guns and ammo. Needs to be in a locked garage or a fenced and patrolled lot.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Trailer theft is a hobby for crooks . It happens all the time at car shows and at races . They steal a trailer and have no idea what is inside.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
"Ah, fuck it, Jim, we'll unload that shit tomorrow."
View Quote

No kidding...
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Trailer theft is a hobby for crooks . It happens all the time at car shows and at races . They steal a trailer and have no idea what is inside.
View Quote

This. I bet they opened it like HOLY SHIT! What idiot leaves a trailer full of guns?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:43:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Even right down to another unit stealing his shit. He's still got his .mil skills
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I lost.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They caught the guy while he was trying to leave.  Literally had the gun down his pants.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How big were those pants?  
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, the problem is that the gun store thought that a trailer was an acceptable place to store firearms  (or any other merchandise) and didn't put a guard on it.

Would you leave that much money inside a little trailer and a big sign next to it that says "Valuable shit locked inside and we didn't post a guard."

Thieves are a fact of life. Just like muggers, murderers, and rapists. While we do hold the crime committer accountable, we also believe that individuals should take accountability for their own actions and minimize their risk. Most of us don't go out for a jog at 3 am. Most of us wouldn't encourage our female friends/relatives to go out drinking alone at 1 am. Most of us carry, not because we want to feel bad ass, but because we accept that there are bad people and wish to have an option to survive a potential encounter with those people. Likewise, most business owners/operators recognize that thieves have always and will always be present and they endeavor to discourage and prevent theft as much as possible. In this case, the LGS owner/operator did not do enough.

Locking up valuable equipment outside in a trailer is not a good place. Not that they should have expected it to be stolen, but it really shouldn't surprise them. At the end of the day, locks are for honest people.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guy brings about twenty, rare, collectible Thompsons.

Sets them up at the show in glass cases, with absurd prices on them, like $350k for a non "storied one", sits around the entire show trying to stay awake. Sells nothing and isn't too talkative.

After the last day, he parks all the collectable, rare Thompsons in the best place in town to put a vehicle to get broken into (behind the hotel, no overhead lights)

next day:  "omg they're all stolen!"

Everyone with a pulse around here knows it was an insurance scam and all those Thomsons are in the guy's basement.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top